Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 8, 2013, 09:32:59 PM
Volcarona

Default A Victory Road themed Mineball Stadium

isbragg here, with another Minecraft project. This time it is a Victory Road themed Mineball Stadium. For those of you who aren't familiar with Mineball, you can watch the video at the end of the post to see it in action. So far I only have the field and team areas done, but since that is all you really need to play, I'm releasing a beta version of sorts. I will continue to work on the stadium features and field lighting and may touch up the field a bit and will update periodically until it is done.

UPDATE 1/19: Finally got around to doing some more work on the stadium. Walls have been put up and seating is all but completed. I have experimented some with speed boosts, like Quad suggested, but have not found anything that works yet. I'm open to suggestions regarding that. Screenshots and download are updated.

UPDATE 2/05: Speed boost issue solved by using two command blocks and work started on press boxes. There is currently no way of getting into the press boxes without breaking blocks. Make sure to grab the updated download.

YouTube Video of Mineball: Language Warning!    
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-28_20.55.45.png
Views:	576
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	4505   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-28_21.01.52.png
Views:	600
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	4506   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-28_20.56.06.png
Views:	572
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	4507   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-28_21.02.09.png
Views:	602
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	4508  
Attached Files
File Type: zip VR Mineball.zip (326.5 KB, 582 views)

Last edited by isbragg; February 5, 2013 at 02:34:44 PM.
Old January 10, 2013, 03:36:25 AM
Giratina

I can't watch ther video right now cuz I'm on a blackberry and they suck but looking at the attachments, hottt~ hah ill be sure to watch later
Old January 10, 2013, 10:49:44 AM
Giratina

Looking at the video, one glaring flaw I saw was the swords came from dispensers activated by pressure plates. They even said in the video that some dispensers were empty and other dispensers would only be able to dispense 9 swords before being empty. Another issue was that if you had the ball and you got out of reach from the other players, there was nothing they could do because they couldn't catch up.

What could be changed for the PC version is when a player steps on a pressure plate after spawning, a command block activates, giving the player a diamond sword and a temporary speed boost so they are somewhat able to catch up to the ball carrier.
Old January 10, 2013, 11:11:39 AM
Volcarona

Mine does have command blocks giving diamond swords. I'll see what I can do about a speed boost.
Old January 19, 2013, 06:25:14 AM
Volcarona

UPDATE 1/19: Finally got around to doing some more work on the stadium. Walls have been put up and seating is all but completed. I have experimented some with speed boosts, like Quad suggested, but have not found anything that works yet. I'm open to suggestions regarding that. Screenshots and download are updated.
Old January 19, 2013, 07:13:08 AM
Giratina

Are you using MCEdit at all for this or is it purely hand-built in creative mode? If you're using MCEdit or something similar to it, you could always place dispensers at the gate to the field with pressure plates hooked up to them and fill the dispensers with 9 stacks of 64 Splash Speed Potions via MCEdit.

Or another option if you're not using MCEdit is have the command block give players a Splash Speed II Potion along with a Diamond Sword.
Old January 20, 2013, 07:46:54 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Are you using MCEdit at all for this or is it purely hand-built in creative mode? If you're using MCEdit or something similar to it, you could always place dispensers at the gate to the field with pressure plates hooked up to them and fill the dispensers with 9 stacks of 64 Splash Speed Potions via MCEdit.

Or another option if you're not using MCEdit is have the command block give players a Splash Speed II Potion along with a Diamond Sword.
It's hand built in creative. That may not be a bad idea, once I figure out how to do it (This is my first experience using command blocks).
Old January 21, 2013, 02:46:46 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg View Post
It's hand built in creative. That may not be a bad idea, once I figure out how to do it (This is my first experience using command blocks).
It shouldn't be too difficult I don't think. I mean, you already have the command block giving diamond swords, so it should just be another line of the "Give" command with Speed II Potion's Item ID. Although, I've never used Command Blocks so I wouldn't know.
Old February 5, 2013, 02:34:56 PM
Volcarona

UPDATE 2/05: Speed boost issue solved by using two command blocks and work started on press boxes. There is currently no way of getting into the press boxes without breaking blocks. Make sure to grab the updated download.
Old February 5, 2013, 03:55:05 PM
Giratina

Does the command block give a Speed Potion or does it give a temporary speed boost effect?
Old February 5, 2013, 04:38:46 PM
Volcarona

A potion. If I figure out how to provide the effect only, it will be updated.

EDIT: After checking the Wiki, there does not appear to be a way to do that. The potions last for a minute, which is as low as I could get them.

Last edited by isbragg; February 5, 2013 at 04:45:22 PM.