Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 21, 2010, 05:45:37 PM
Volcarona

Default What I think they need to do to the anime.

What i think they need to do is cut it in half. Then, for what would would be the other half of the anime, they need to make a spinoff for it. Mabey a Pokemon Adventures anime? That would be godly(or, I should ay Arceusly). Or a Mystery Dungeon anime! That would be cool too. What do you guys think?
Old July 21, 2010, 06:24:37 PM
Kyurem

I think the episodes are too short as-is: they could use more intensive hour episodes with less filler.
Old July 22, 2010, 06:14:05 AM
Landorus

I think they should make it less stupid.
Old July 22, 2010, 11:37:29 AM
Regigigas

Brock should make more rice balls.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:11:34 PM
Haxorus

I think the episodes shouldn't be childish, to be honest, it could use some more action and less talking, the, "blasting off again" thing is getting cheesy, less team rocket, more epic battling.

Last edited by Turtwig; July 22, 2010 at 05:11:50 PM.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:58:37 PM
Regigigas

Mystery Dungeon Anime?

Yes please.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:59:41 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
Mystery Dungeon Anime?

Yes please.
Oh man. The special Mystery Dungeon episodes were epic. I wish they had at least a full season of it
Old July 22, 2010, 06:02:40 PM
Regigigas

Can you say "Team A.C.T"?
Old July 22, 2010, 07:10:02 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtwig View Post
I think the episodes shouldn't be childish, to be honest, it could use some more action and less talking, the, "blasting off again" thing is getting cheesy, less team rocket, more epic battling.
I would like that myself.

And personally I would favor more Chronicles over mystery dungeon episodes.
Old July 23, 2010, 03:17:48 PM
Charizard

A full on Mystery dungeon series, not just a one shot, we should make a petition so that Nintendo can make one when they make the next Mystery Dungeon (I hope it will work)

I peosonally thought that they should have started the anime from scratch when B/W started, well, you can kiss that dream goodbye thanks to them making Ash the main character again, so another 4 years of recycled plots, seriously, every episode is the same, and it has been the same since the start of Hoenn (don't they get tired, or are they on drugs or something?). At this rate, Ash is NEVER going to be a Pokemon Master while we the fans have already achieved the title multiple times.

Really, here is the plotline of almost every episode since the start of Hoenn:

Ash, Brock, and *insert girl here* encounter a random house/town/person on the road to the next gym/contest/whatever, who needs help with a random (and rather pointless) task, usually involving a particular Pokemon, Ash and friends accept to do the task for no apparent reason whatsoever, they then waste 18 minutes of the episode doing the pointless task, while Team Rocket spies on them, with the spying, Meowth then has a random pointless fantasy involving Giovanni and *insert Pokemon here* doing activities that have nothing to do with the orginizations plans of world domination (it seems the trio has forgotten what Team Rocket is REALLY about). Then, after 18 minutes of our life is wasted watching this, Team Rocket attacks for no apparent reason, shouts out their pointless motto or some variation of it for no reason, Steals Pikachu and *insert Pokemon here*, and attacks with a random mecha that has no real importance except for to waste our time. Then Ash shouts "Peekachoo, yoose thundabolt!", then "PIIIIIKACHUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! We're blasting off again!!!!!!". Then there is the aftermath, where the characters say thank you and leave, forgetting the entire thing ever happened, repeating the process next episode.......

Really, that's the basic formula of each episode, and personally, I think the writers are doing this just to torture the fanbase, it's either that, or the writers are on drugs, most likely the latter. This is why the series is not as popular anymore, CAUSE IT GETS VERY OLD QUICKLY!!!!!! Occasionally, they come up with a half-decent episode, which goes good until the writers do something to screw it up, for example: "Pikachu, use thunderbolt.......ON YOURSELF!!!!!" (Believe it or not, it actually happened back in Hoenn)

Hopefully, this next season will follow the games better than what it is currently doing. As a matter of fact, you know who most of the people who bought HG/SS were? Teens, longtime fans, whom the company clearly does not care about. I'm not lying, this is really why Pokemon is still around today, because of the longtime fans who have sticked with the series since the start, but does the company even care, NO, it just wants kids to get into the franchise, only to dump them when the next generation comes, whether they stay with the franchise or move on. You know, I want to see Nintendo do SOMETHING to appeal the older fans of the franchise for once, the Mystery Dungeon games PROVE that Pokemon CAN appeal to older audiences, they just choose not to because they are idiots like that.......

Personnaly, I prefer the air think they should have made Pokemon Special the anime instead, but they would care less about the manga while most anime franchises are BASED off their manga

Last edited by Masterge77; July 23, 2010 at 03:51:54 PM.
Old July 23, 2010, 09:32:43 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
Personnaly, I prefer the air think they should have made Pokemon Special the anime instead, but they would care less about the manga while most anime franchises are BASED off their manga
Yeah, It would be pretty good if they change the story around just a bit, having different characters after every time they had league challenge win or loss, cut them off and go to the next characters in the next region.
Old July 25, 2010, 05:10:12 AM
Pikachu

Pokemon Special should be the new anime but Im looking forward to black & white
Old July 25, 2010, 07:41:09 AM
Landorus

I think they should Ditch Ass Ketchup and get a new, fresh, more awesome protagonist.
Old July 27, 2010, 02:12:06 PM
Charizard

You remember earlier when I said "Nintendo should do SOMETHING to appeal to the older fans", well, it seems to be happening with Black and White, but only the games, apparently, the games will grow more mature while the anime remains childish for all eternity, and that's by the looks of it, we will know for sure when both the games and the new season (not series, since Ash is still the main character) come out

I have noticed one major flaw with the anime outside the lame plotlines, \ and it is the fact that Pikachu is given more screentime than any other character in the show, seriously, I counted the screens with Pikachu in one of the more recent episodes, 72 screens had Pikachu (65% of those screens were ones with Pikachu alone, and the remaining 25% with other characters), 54 screens with Ash, 49 with Brock, 47 with Dawn, 35 screens with Team Rocket, and 47 with other Pokemon or human characters, indeed, the writers and animators focus almost all their attention on Pikachu, and Pikachu alone. Sure he may be the franchise mascot, but you do not need to glorify him over the other Pokemon, like he is the Pokemon god or something.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Yeah, It would be pretty good if they change the story around just a bit, having different characters after every time they had league challenge win or loss, cut them off and go to the next characters in the next region.
Just like Digimon does, but they would not care anyways

Last edited by Masterge77; July 27, 2010 at 02:26:31 PM.
Old July 27, 2010, 02:58:08 PM
Celebi

Great Ideas, I've thought the same thing because I really enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon episodes but Nintendo hasnt done anything yet.

Last edited by [TRDRS]PokeTrader; July 27, 2010 at 02:58:27 PM.
Old July 28, 2010, 01:03:34 PM
Landorus

I like team rocket. I like Jessie and James. I like Meowth. Heck, I like their witty script, but... please... It's gotten worse. Much... much worse.
Old July 28, 2010, 03:57:55 PM
Shaymin

I'd be ok with the anime, but it's getting a little too predictable.
Old August 7, 2010, 02:41:15 PM
Charizard

You know what I think they need to do with the anime?

Three words: JUST GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 7, 2010, 07:17:17 PM
Rayquaza

Oh I see this is another the anime should be better but it's not flamewar thread.