Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 23, 2014, 04:09:38 PM
Administrator

Default General OrAs Discussion

I think I'll start up a little thread for OrAs chitchat that doesn't require its own thread.

I think the controls are somewhat awkward. While the analog controls are quite fluid, the world is still optimized for D-pad movement, so I find myself using that more in tight spaces, such as caves.

Also, it's annoying how you can't manage berries from the sides.

Anyone have any idea if contest stats from Gen III pass forward to Gen VI? I thought they were erased at some transition. What about the ribbons from Gen III?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 23, 2014 at 04:10:41 PM.
Old November 23, 2014, 04:41:15 PM
Keldeo

I like the controls so far, actually. They're a lot better than the roller skates were, at any rate. Haven't tried it with the d-pad yet, I'll give that a go later.

They really, really went all-out with the music, though. I feel like I'm continuously back at Symphonic Evolutions, almost. This may just turn into one of those games where I leave my 3DS open and listen to the music for five hours on loop.
Old November 23, 2014, 05:44:51 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post

Anyone have any idea if contest stats from Gen III pass forward to Gen VI? I thought they were erased at some transition. What about the ribbons from Gen III?
Probably not since XY didn't have any contest data.

You just get one special Ribbon if you've won a special other contest.

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 23, 2014 at 05:45:20 PM.
Old November 23, 2014, 07:52:23 PM
Shaymin

Wrong. Not only are your ribbons retained through the generations, but they also keep any Pokeblock-induced coolness/smartness, etc...
Old November 24, 2014, 10:54:41 AM
Kyurem

I hear Reshiram & Zekrom can be shiny now
Old November 24, 2014, 02:15:44 PM
Regigigas

The game felt a lot more compact than the original. The routes are cut significantly, or so they feel like they are. Maybe it's just the graphics that makes it feel that way.

I don't like how the game babies you. For example, it automatically takes you to story's progression instead of having you wander around clueless. Sometimes it's optional, though. But your rival constantly healing your team... -_- Don't need it!

Those were my main cons. The game is great. Lol @ complaints on HMs. Mega Metagross is pain to defeat. Almost lost there it weren't for my awesome Mightyena! YEAH!!

Edit:

FYI, I did turn off the EXP share so my team was under-leveled against Steven.

Last edited by Sub-zero; November 24, 2014 at 02:22:12 PM.
Old November 24, 2014, 06:33:52 PM
Mudkip

The only problems I have with this game is the Battle Maison returning. I was really hoping for the Battle Frontier to make a comeback, since the extra rules make it more exciting than the PWT/Battle Subway/Battle Maison, because battling the same way you've been doing the whole game gets pretty boring, I'd like to spice things up like in the Frontier. Other than that, I have no complaints.
Old November 24, 2014, 10:42:38 PM

Wally is my new favorite rival because of how I can relate to him on a personal level. Going from being emotionally fragile to confident is not an easy task. I love how they emphasized this transition in the remakes, it really makes him a respectable character.
Old November 25, 2014, 01:53:04 PM
Kyurem

(This probably dosnt belong here, but we dont have a trade thread for Oras)

Has anyone reached the battle Masion place yet? I was thinking one of you guys teach my Greninja a move tutor move.
Old November 25, 2014, 05:08:20 PM
Administrator

The trade/battle thread from before now applies to all of Gen VI.
Old November 25, 2014, 06:45:14 PM
Giratina

Ugh, I've tried soft-resetting for Deoxys and Rayquaza in the Delta Episode, but man is that tedious work! Not even worth going through the cutscenes all over again. That's the only main problem I have with this game; they made every cutscene WAAAAY too long. You don't even get to save in between Rayquaza and Deoxys!
Old November 25, 2014, 07:10:09 PM
Administrator

Can you KO them and catch them after completing the story, as you can with many legends during the story since Black/White?
Old November 25, 2014, 07:21:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Ugh, I've tried soft-resetting for Deoxys and Rayquaza in the Delta Episode, but man is that tedious work! Not even worth going through the cutscenes all over again. That's the only main problem I have with this game; they made every cutscene WAAAAY too long. You don't even get to save in between Rayquaza and Deoxys!
You don't need to catch them in a row. You're required to catch Rayquaza, but you can kill Deoxys and fight him later. (this is what I'm doing) So I would just focus on SRing for Rayquaza. If you need another strategy for soft resetting, try using a Synchronizer (like a Ralts with Synchronize) to get the right nature on Rayquaza.

Quote:
Can you KO them and catch them after completing the story, as you can with many legends during the story since Black/White?
Can't kill Rayquaza because of story reasons, but you can kill Deoxys along with other legendaries and fight them later after some time.
Old November 25, 2014, 07:24:15 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
You don't need to catch them in a row. You're required to catch Rayquaza, but you can kill Deoxys and fight him later. (this is what I'm doing) So I would just focus on SRing for Rayquaza. If you need another strategy for soft resetting, try using a Synchronizer (like a Ralts with Synchronize) to get the right nature on Rayquaza.

Can't kill Rayquaza because of story reasons, but you can kill Deoxys along with other legendaries and fight them later after some time.
aw shucks, i already saved because I got an Adamant Totodile.
Old November 26, 2014, 10:52:35 PM
Administrator

Go ahead, pick an item you often find yourself using every once in a while but never needing much. No, not the Ice Heal, but quite similar.

Yes, are you seriously kidding me? This is just ridiculous! It's like every Pokémon in the whole darn Mauville area wants to paralyze you with Thunder Wave, Spark, Effect Spore, and Static, as it seems to be loaded with Electric types. I've had to use at least 20 Paralyze Heals and well over a dozen Cheri Berries because of this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141126_002.jpg
Views:	1820
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	6566
Old November 26, 2014, 10:58:02 PM

My Marshtomp (now Swampert) is laughing.
Old November 27, 2014, 06:20:41 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
My Marshtomp (now Swampert) is laughing.
As is my Whiscash. You seem to be able to make just about any team work in this game, as long as you can mask the terrible synergy with a 15-level advantage from the Exp. Share.

Game Spoilers!    
Also, a bit disappointed that they wanted to force a Lati on you so quickly. No battle, no buildup, just cutaway to where Lati@s is, easy Team Aqua/Magma battle, and you get Lati@s. With its Mega Stone. And right after you beat the 5th gym, so there's quite a bit of game left...
It's like the devs wanted you to turn all the lategame trainers into bowling pins.

Anyway, I've been trying to sneak a ridiculous team just of Pokémon I like and cover each other decently well, and I've come up with:

(Mega)Sceptile/Delcatty/Skarmory/Whiscash/Wigglytuff and a Snorunt to catch and evolve into (Mega)Glalie later on. Everything is levels 39-41, and I'm just beating Fortree Gym.

Last edited by ThePokeMan; November 27, 2014 at 06:24:13 AM. Reason: That spoiler was supposed to work... too much Java coding .-.
Old November 27, 2014, 08:06:05 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
(This probably dosnt belong here, but we dont have a trade thread for Oras)

Has anyone reached the battle Masion place yet? I was thinking one of you guys teach my Greninja a move tutor move.
Yes. There are move tutors there that accept BP for moves. You want your Greninja to have Gunk Shot I'm assuming; it's only 16 BP.
Old November 27, 2014, 09:15:37 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
Yes. There are move tutors there that accept BP for moves. You want your Greninja to have Gunk Shot I'm assuming; it's only 16 BP.
Yes sure, good guess tho.
Old November 27, 2014, 10:45:46 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Go ahead, pick an item you often find yourself using every once in a while but never needing much. No, not the Ice Heal, but quite similar.

Yes, are you seriously kidding me? This is just ridiculous! It's like every Pokémon in the whole darn Mauville area wants to paralyze you with Thunder Wave, Spark, Effect Spore, and Static, as it seems to be loaded with Electric types. I've had to use at least 20 Paralyze Heals and well over a dozen Cheri Berries because of this.
This is actually weirdly funny. I've beaten the Elite 4 and Delta Episode already, and I have not once gotten paralyzed O_o
Old November 27, 2014, 10:56:05 AM
Administrator

Don't read unless you caught Kyogre/Groudon (or do, it's your life)    

Flying on Lati@s above 3D Hoenn with the Eon Flute is the most beautiful thing ever. That is all.
Old November 29, 2014, 08:39:51 PM
Administrator

I rather like the fact that the "Organize Pokémon" (previously "Move Pokémon") option can be moved to the top in the menu.
Old November 29, 2014, 08:41:15 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Don't read unless you caught Kyogre/Groudon (or do, it's your life)    

Flying on Lati@s above 3D Hoenn with the Eon Flute is the most beautiful thing ever. That is all.
I opened this without thinking, and I haven't caught Kyogre yet. Will try to forget what I just momentarily saw (>_<)

also replying to the quote didn't help . . .
Old November 30, 2014, 05:26:14 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I rather like the fact that the "Organize Pokémon" (previously "Move Pokémon") option can be moved to the top in the menu.
I'm still not used to it.
Old December 1, 2014, 04:38:22 PM
Kyurem

Alright, now that I've played through the majority of Omega Ruby, here are my thoughts. Spoiler alert to those who have not finished the game yet.

You Have Been Warned: Plot Contents Within    
Things I liked about the game:
  • The graphics remain very nice and very pleasing to the eye. Since I liked this about X/Y I thought I might as well bring it up here.
  • The DexNav is the most useful addition for competitive battling. It makes things so much easier and it's really convenient.
  • With the Exp. Share turned off, this game can present some challenges. It's definitely more difficult than X/Y. Obviously this probably doesn't apply if you're using Mega Lati@s or Primal Kyogre/Groudon.
  • The music is orchestrated very nicely while maintaining throwbacks to old generations. I can see Game Freak tried to appeal to both its old and new fanbases. (Team Aqua/Magma Leader theme hnnnnnng)
  • The new gym designs were a nice touch. I like them.
  • Mauville City looks absolutely gorgeous. I really love that they decided to change it into an indoor apartment complex along with something akin to a mall. It's such a drastic change but I think it paid off really well.
  • Speaking of Mauville, I particularly like the introduction of the New and Sea Mauville plot.
  • Contests look really fleshed out and I particularly enjoyed participating on contests. It's a lot of fun, try it!
  • I like that Brendan/May is a little bit more involved in the plot. It's just by a little, but it's enough to notice.
  • In the case of Omega Ruby, I really like how they characterized Tabitha and Courtney. They feel more like actual characters, unlike in the original Ruby where they seemed like really dull characters.
  • The Safari Zone reboot makes it so much easier to catch Pokémon. No entrance fee, no Safari Balls, no Pokéblock stuff...just like regular wild Pokémon encounters.
  • The Aqua/Magma Hideout doesn't close at any point. It's a minor thing but I have trauma of missing out on the Master Ball there as a kid.
  • The Victory Road reboot looks AMAZING!
  • The battle with Wally seems more emotional and actually pivotal in this version. In the old version he just seemed sorta like a mini-boss before the Elite Four, but now it feels like so much more. In fact, in general, Wally's arc just feels so much more rewarding in the end.
  • The Pokémon League design is really nice.
  • The entire Delta Episode. The post-game is such a breath of fresh air after the absolutely horrid post-game X/Y gave us. Okay, fine, it had the Looker Quests which were really fun, but other than that it had nothing. The Delta Episode is more fleshed out and actually leads us to wonder about the continuity of the Pokémon games as a whole. Zinnia is an amazing character that really was fleshed out well, considering she isn't around for long. But she also brings to the table the theory of alternate worlds in Pokémon...foreshadowing for Hoopa? Are the legendaries that Hoopa brings from another parallel world?
  • Making Rayquaza an actual plot point in ORAS is much better than Rayquaza's post-game boss status in R/S. Also the Sky Pillar looks awesome!
  • The Battle Resort is definitely more than I expected. I expected just the Battle Tower and not much else.

Things I disliked about the game:
  • I liked it more when the Center and the Mart were in the same building. I guess it does stay true to the originals though.
  • Though I said I like Wally's arc, I wish that Wally had more involvement in the plot. As it is he's still the more forgettable rival.
  • There's less Trick House puzzles. I liked the Trick House puzzles. The new ones are fine, but...there's just not enough of them.
  • They made the Mega Stones in this game really easily accessible. I found the Manectite so early, and the Aggronite pretty early as well...as if the game needed to be easier.
  • The abundance of HMs has returned, and with it comes frustration in having to have an HM Slave with you at all times.
  • They make such a big deal out of Secret Bases and yet I still haven't found much use in them. And this is coming from me, a guy who StreetPasses around 20-30 people a day just from walking between my dorm and classes.
  • I kinda wish the Gym Leaders were more involved in the plot like in B/W. They weren't important in X/Y and they aren't now. But unlike X/Y, where only Korrina was marginally important to the plot, ORAS has Wattson, Norman, and Wallace, so I guess I can't be too mad about it.
  • Looker's back, but...he just...doesn't do anything. Disappoint.
  • I didn't expect Team Aqua to be as relevant in Omega Ruby, but I kinda wish they had more plot presence. A little bit like Emerald, but it didn't need to be so evenly balanced.
  • Using the Mach Bike to get into small places is asking for trouble. I kept running into the sides.
Old December 6, 2014, 01:01:49 AM
Administrator

So this is a thing now. Capture Power MAX. One hour.

Find a Secret Base pal who will tell your fortune. Hex Maniacs, for instance, work well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WP_20141203_001.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	6580  
Old December 6, 2014, 05:36:42 AM
Keldeo

How much does the capture power increase catch rates? I'm guessing something like 50%, 100% and 200% but the Internet isn't telling me :/
Old December 6, 2014, 08:54:13 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
How much does the capture power increase catch rates? I'm guessing something like 50%, 100% and 200% but the Internet isn't telling me :/
Whatever the rates used to be in Black/White/Black 2/White 2 and their Pass Powers, they should be similar, if not the same in X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
Old December 10, 2014, 05:17:09 PM
Administrator

Haha, this is pretty amusing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WP_20141210_001.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	6583  
Old December 10, 2014, 05:30:52 PM
Keldeo

Dang it, you, now I'm going to be spending the rest of the night looking at "one does not simply ____ into Mordor" pictures.

I want to know who wrote that line and if I can buy them a sandwich.
Old December 11, 2014, 08:13:38 AM
Kyurem

Maybe all the Mirage Spots are projections of Poké-Mordor. Or clones. Or portals.
Old December 12, 2014, 09:02:08 PM
Administrator

I'm disappointed at the lack of a Poké Ball store like in X/Y. It's tough remembering which stores sell the specialty balls and getting to them before Bargain Power runs out.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 12, 2014 at 09:02:18 PM.
Old December 24, 2014, 11:31:03 PM
Kyurem

YES! I have achieved and finished 2 things today (Or yesterday if your ready this later), I got my 1000 flags for my secrect base and have defeated 50 battles in super singles and getting the trophy and unlocking the Wally rematch. Im so happy I think this was a chrismas present from the universe. (Especially completeing the 50 super singles was my first time getting to 50 and beating it).

Oh yeah one last thing, I updated and moved my base. So i'll be uploading my new base QR code in my albums here on VR, so please check it out.

Last edited by kakashidragon; December 24, 2014 at 11:34:04 PM.
Old December 29, 2014, 12:56:15 AM
Kyurem

I wish I could obtain flags at the same rate as you guys. :3
Old December 29, 2014, 12:12:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I wish I could obtain flags at the same rate as you guys. :3
You can. Just go online every eight hours, visit the bases, take the flags, accept them as Secret Pals, claim extra flags if they have them, then remove them and do the next batch.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 29, 2014 at 12:12:41 PM.
Old December 29, 2014, 03:57:00 PM
Rayquaza

Passed by a German and English person this week and I now have the Eon ticket.
Old December 29, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
Kyurem

I never really had the effort to do any of that Secret Base stuff...I just do most of my training the XY way. It's not any easier, but I just don't have the sense of effort to get the whole Secret Base thing set up...

Anyways, I'm on a quest to beat all the Super Battles at the Battle Maison in ORAS, and I just beat the Super Single Battle a few days ago and I got through Super Double Battle today. Next up is Super Triple Battles, and I have no idea what to expect. I just suspect that this particular set will take much longer than Super Singles and Doubles.
Old December 29, 2014, 09:54:59 PM
Keldeo

Finally started actively training myself some Pokémon in ORAS. Considerably easier here than in X and Y, given the levels of the Elite 4 and the Blissey Secret Base thing. Might actually have a real team together by the time Matt's tournament rolls around!

edit

Oh yeah and I'm considering trying to complete the Pokédex again, too, maybe even in Living Dex Order if I can be bothered to spend like a year arranging things in the Bank. Back in Black I picked up most of my things off the GTS and Dream World, but between Wonder Trade and the Radar thing progress is going significantly faster now.

Last edited by Dragonite; December 29, 2014 at 09:58:12 PM.
Old December 29, 2014, 11:46:36 PM
Kyurem

Has anyone seen some werid stuff in some of the bases u visit? The other day i saw a lv10 shiny Zyguarde o.0
Old December 30, 2014, 05:39:00 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Has anyone seen some werid stuff in some of the bases u visit? The other day i saw a lv10 shiny Zyguarde o.0
Shiny Zygarde? Wow... hackers...
Old December 31, 2014, 02:57:07 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
You can. Just go online every eight hours, visit the bases, take the flags, accept them as Secret Pals, claim extra flags if they have them, then remove them and do the next batch.
Hah...just that and now I obtained 110 flags in a single session.
Old December 31, 2014, 11:26:52 AM
Kyurem

Took me 2 weeks to get 1000 flags.
Old January 1, 2015, 01:13:56 PM
Kyurem

In my final act of 2014 (literally), I beat Super Triple Battle at approximately 11:58 PM on December 31st. Now all I have left are Super Rotation and Multi Battle, both of which I presume are going to be quite the challenge.
Old January 4, 2015, 10:14:40 PM
Celebi

I finally have the game, and the first thing I'll say is that the DexNav is a great feature.
Old January 4, 2015, 11:55:35 PM
Keldeo

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out how the DexNav worked, but once I did it quickly became one of my favorite new additions to ORAS. Makes trying to complete the Hoenn Pokédex with minimal trading almost possible! Plus the occasional free life orb and stuff.
Old January 10, 2015, 04:43:40 PM
Kyurem

Super Rotation Battle is proving to be a lot more difficult than I anticipated, because I have no ability to predict the AI. As such I haven't gotten past 40 matches won in a row.
Old January 16, 2015, 02:02:47 PM
Kyurem

So the "Battle of Hoenn" battlespot competition will start soon and im planning on battling in it just for the prize u get for battling at least in 3 matches.

The prize so say? Well its a Rock Head Tyrunt! (Tyrunts Hidden Ability)
Old January 16, 2015, 06:06:32 PM
Keldeo

Thanks for sharing! Since I'm in the competitive mindset right now (as much as I can be after a certain last fight, anyway) I just might participate if I remember after like five minutes from now.
Old January 16, 2015, 08:53:45 PM
Volcarona

Maybe its just me... But was anyone else disappointed with ORAS? I love the competitive metagame, but regarding the game itself, I really didnt enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I rushed through the initial story, but for the past couple of weeks I have been going through the all of the games sidequests as well as getting a significant flavor of the new features and there haven't been many aspects of the game that have really jumped out at or impressed me. I'm sure that I'm in a minority on this one but I just needed to get that off my chest.
Old January 16, 2015, 09:11:00 PM
Keldeo

I thought ORAS (or AS, at least) were great. The updated music and graphics and physical/special split was nice, obviously, but I really liked how they made a lot of the characters a lot more compelling by giving them more screen time and talking, facial expressions that would have been impossible in GBA-vision, etc. Even Wally was . . . less . . . annoying than he was in the originals, though that's not exactly anything to write home about.

And then there's obviously the aftergame, which was blown open completely from the originals. Thinking specifically of the Delta Episode, which was a fun little side story and a nice way to tie a little more mythology to a certain special Pokémon. And the Battle Resort, which is an interesting location at the very least.

To make a long story short, I'd rate ORAS pretty highly. But then again I gave X and Y like a 4/10 while everyone else gave them 8s and 9s so what do I know.

edit

So I've been running around Hoenn, trying to grind out money to buy vitamins and crap with. Spent some time trying to figure out the largest amount of money I could earn in one battle (minus Pay Day) and came up with this.

Used the Amulet Coin hold item, Prize Money O-Power level 3 against Champion Steven.

Any other factors that could be used as a multiplier here, minus Pay Day, does anyone know?

(Probably will try this with experience, also, as soon as I can track down a Lucky Egg and a Pokémon from a foreign country.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	max ORAS reward.png
Views:	462
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	6608  

Last edited by Dragonite; January 16, 2015 at 11:17:07 PM.
Old January 17, 2015, 04:02:00 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
Maybe its just me... But was anyone else disappointed with ORAS? I love the competitive metagame, but regarding the game itself, I really didnt enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I rushed through the initial story, but for the past couple of weeks I have been going through the all of the games sidequests as well as getting a significant flavor of the new features and there haven't been many aspects of the game that have really jumped out at or impressed me. I'm sure that I'm in a minority on this one but I just needed to get that off my chest.
Probably because you, like the rest of us, were expecting the Battle Frontier. I'll be honest, that's one of the main reasons I don't like the game. While ORAS does have a post game, it's relatively short with loads of backtracking. It gave something new, but it didn't feel unique. I suppose.

Plus, Passerby is still a mess, which I'm disappointed about. Super Training and Amie are just copy/pasted. The game, as a Ruby/Sapphire remake, was very impressive. Its features as a game itself, not so much. It lacks a solid feature to add to its replay value. Battle Chateau does not fill in the reply value.

Edit: Secret Pals (*wink*) is really only for online use and the point behind it is too linear, despite the slight overhaul.

Last edited by Sub-zero; January 17, 2015 at 04:05:59 AM.
Old January 17, 2015, 01:59:15 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
I thought ORAS (or AS, at least) were great. The updated music and graphics and physical/special split was nice, obviously, but I really liked how they made a lot of the characters a lot more compelling by giving them more screen time and talking, facial expressions that would have been impossible in GBA-vision, etc. Even Wally was . . . less . . . annoying than he was in the originals, though that's not exactly anything to write home about.

And then there's obviously the aftergame, which was blown open completely from the originals. Thinking specifically of the Delta Episode, which was a fun little side story and a nice way to tie a little more mythology to a certain special Pokémon. And the Battle Resort, which is an interesting location at the very least.

To make a long story short, I'd rate ORAS pretty highly. But then again I gave X and Y like a 4/10 while everyone else gave them 8s and 9s so what do I know.

edit

So I've been running around Hoenn, trying to grind out money to buy vitamins and crap with. Spent some time trying to figure out the largest amount of money I could earn in one battle (minus Pay Day) and came up with this.

Used the Amulet Coin hold item, Prize Money O-Power level 3 against Champion Steven.

Any other factors that could be used as a multiplier here, minus Pay Day, does anyone know?

(Probably will try this with experience, also, as soon as I can track down a Lucky Egg and a Pokémon from a foreign country.)
The graphics were definitely amazing... but I look more into game play and music than I do graphics. There weren't many parts of the game that I thoroughly enjoyed. I thought the Delta Episode was the best part of the whole game by a long shot, and although some themes are awesome, I felt that the majority of the games music was lazily made. It's awesome Gamefreak put most of the legendaries in the game to catch, but I was very upset when I saw that none of their themes were remixed. Don't get me wrong, I like the game. However, I was certainly disappointed.
Old January 17, 2015, 05:13:08 PM
Keldeo

I guess that's the difference, when it comes to Pokémon I usually like atmosphere more than earth-shattering mechanics (let's face it, the rules are still about 70% the same as they were in 1996). ORAS had a really immersive atmosphere between the music and the landscape (as opposed to XY, which were . . . all over the place) so, as did HGSS, I really liked these games even if they had some shortcomings.

(Also I still say ORAS did a lot of things well and not a lot of things badly.)
Old January 17, 2015, 05:55:08 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
I guess that's the difference, when it comes to Pokémon I usually like atmosphere more than earth-shattering mechanics (let's face it, the rules are still about 70% the same as they were in 1996). ORAS had a really immersive atmosphere between the music and the landscape (as opposed to XY, which were . . . all over the place) so, as did HGSS, I really liked these games even if they had some shortcomings.

(Also I still say ORAS did a lot of things well and not a lot of things badly.)
I just cant agree about the music I was just really unimpressed by it :/
Old January 17, 2015, 05:56:53 PM
Keldeo

You were at the PSE in Philadelphia too, right? You mean you weren't at least a little bit reminded of that on Route 113 and stuff? o-o

edit

Oh, I like a lot of the new music, too. the Zinnia music and the special Wally music and the Delta Episode introduction (at least, I think that was original) and whatnot.

Last edited by Dragonite; January 17, 2015 at 05:57:37 PM.
Old January 17, 2015, 08:10:59 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
You were at the PSE in Philadelphia too, right? You mean you weren't at least a little bit reminded of that on Route 113 and stuff? o-o

edit

Oh, I like a lot of the new music, too. the Zinnia music and the special Wally music and the Delta Episode introduction (at least, I think that was original) and whatnot.
Not too much :/

But yes I totally agree that Zinnia, Wally, and some of the Delta music was GREAT.
Old January 22, 2015, 08:35:08 AM
Keldeo

So I got an Eon Ticket today . . .

. . . and then I saved, so I could record it . . .

. . . and then it up and vanished. No delivery nerd, no notification on the bottom screen, no nothing.

Thanks, game! Now to wait another 2 months to find another one!
Old January 22, 2015, 09:37:50 AM
Administrator

Did you try speaking to Norman?
Old January 22, 2015, 01:41:39 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Did you try speaking to Norman?
I have he keeps taking me off to Southern Island even though I'm unprepared.