Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 9, 2010, 07:07:36 PM
Zoroark

Default 3D Game Dot Heroes — Review

I haven't played this game for long. I went into GameStop with an extra $30 from a returned item, when I saw an interesting-looking game. It was pre-owned, so they've got that 7-day return thing if you don't like the game, so I figured why not. at $32 it was a good find anyway. I popped the game into my PS3, thinking I could be pleasantly surprised, and boy was I blown away.

Without giving much of the game away, it is truly the perfect blend between classic RPG/Adventure games on the NES and Sega Genesis and modern-day gameplay. The game drops you into choosing between maybe 45-60 characters, of all different types. Assassins, Princes, Mages, the President of the United States, Dragons, Frankenstein, a dog, Santa Claus with pizzaz, and many more. Did I mention that you can create and use your own hero? The plot, though certainly not innovative, has a slight addition to the classic storyline of an age-old darkness sealed away by a legendary warrior hundreds of years ago. The game's charm is hugely based on the gameplay aspect that switches between 3D worlds and pixels to 3D pixels in classic game 2D worlds. On top of that, The sound track is absolutely wonderful. You've got full chiptune songs and you have orchestral masterpieces with chiptunes mixed in, and each songs is beautiful. I haven't played it much, but I can tell that it will instantly become one of my favorite games. For any and all PS3 owners, this game is a must-have, so scrape up $40 in coins from under couch cushions, behind the television, etc. and go buy this game as soon as you can.
Old October 9, 2010, 07:23:21 PM
Regigigas

I bought this when it came out it reminds me alot of LOZ.
Old October 9, 2010, 07:34:15 PM
Zoroark

It is very similar indeed.
Old October 9, 2010, 07:36:38 PM
Regigigas

It's an awesome game i'd give it a 10/10! MWM has spoken HURRY UP AND BYE!!