Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 30, 2013, 03:58:49 PM
Giratina

Time to move onto other things! And first on my list is something, ANYTHING by Yoko Shimomura (<3) So I went with my least favorite Mario RPG, Partners in Time.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is indeed my least favorite just for being so... different. An RPG with a HUB world doesn't feel like an adventure. But the music in this stood out more to me than the others, just proving my theory that bad games have great music. Thwomp Volcano is one of them, definitely my favorite in the game.
Old December 2, 2013, 01:38:16 PM
Giratina

More doodling time! I do it often to work on my shading. Plus, drawing objects is more fun than drawing copyrighted characters.

Same as ever~    

Now this... was slightly inspired by the first line of the Nerima Daikon Brothers opening. "Gonna live a hell of a dream today! One that don't involve a hoe!" They're farmers, so there's a double entendre. By the time I finished the sketch I decided to call it "A Hoe at Midnight" (later revised to "A Hoe on the Corner at Midnight" by my friends) because it was a hoe and I didn't feel like drawing a window for the sun. Did I INTEND for there to be innuendo or am I drawing literally? You decide~

Also that ball was supposed to be the Pixar ball, but I gave up. The earphone was random.
Old December 7, 2013, 04:19:12 PM
Giratina

Here we go with another Partners in Time follow up!

So this time I decided to do Yoob's Belly, theme from the part where you're all Bowser's Inside Story but with a Shroob Yoshi. It was pretty simple, one of the channels never changed during the entire duration of the song, and the bass changed only once. But I think it's still a pretty good techno song.
Old December 21, 2013, 11:08:48 AM
Giratina

Time for a blast from my not so distant past.

Back when I couldn't draw a thing    

This is art I did in Art class 10th Grade year. It was my first time really experimenting with full color art. The page is a tiny bit bigger than what you see because it came from a HUGE sketch book I had but nothing of importance was cut off. I can't say what the letters "CS" mean, just that they're important (hence why they float in the middle.) For all you know it could mean Cave Story. I liked Cave Story.

As old and sucky as this may be, it is still one of my favorite drawings.
Old December 24, 2013, 05:23:14 PM
Giratina

Merry Christmas to y'all (that's pronounced ya-all, just in case you were REALLY wondering.) This is a somewhat late anniversary post for this thread, is it not? My first post here was a Christmas-y related thing. Well I'm now I'm back again, but not with much. Here's a little drawing I have for you all today!

The holidays in 2013!    

So let's detail this picture, shall we? In the beginning I didn't even want to do a stupid Christmas drawing, I just wanted to spend time with family. But I can't even do that with all these college essays, so I thought I might as well (totally ignoring the real reason that this was a Christmas gift for my grilfriend.) I imagined a quaint little house in the middle of a snowstorm with the power cut off. There's a tree and some paper snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and a present in the corner. And the centerpiece, my favorite Poké-couple Turtwig and Petilil warming themselves up by the fire. I don't know what it all means, but I love my little spontaneous creations.

So there's my gift to you all, people of VR. My artwork has come quite some way, hasn't it? Merry Christmas you guys, I loves ya all (pronounced 'yawl' just in case you were wondering.)
Old December 25, 2013, 11:03:29 PM
Giratina

Two posts in a row? Ooh nelly, I hope this is about something ACTUALLY important, Turtyface. Well it is, it's Birthday Greetings #2!

WA-BAM!    

(Headphones seriously recommended.)
Were you expecting a birthday present, Cat? I know I wasn't.

Oh my God, it actually IS Cat's birthday today, right? I didn't forget, not one bit. So I had to compose this song for him. Fun fact: This song has the longest development period of anything I've ever done, I started the original concept September of LAST year. Though it has gone through many changes from my feelings and thoughts conflicting with each other it always conveyed the same message: how much I love and appreciate Cat.
Now why did I name it "Tic-Tac's Symphony" and why is it all Kirby themed? Well, that stems from a conversation I had with him back then long time ago when I went over what his name backwards would be. Simply, a bunch of stupid useless things. But I was fixated on Tac, which I knew as the Copy Ability Thief partner in Kirby Super Star/Ultra. I never called him Tac but that idea stuck with me. Eventually I decided on what I would do with that, and the result is this song.
The picture was also of spontaneous origin. I knew it had to involve Tac some way, but I couldn't come to a conclusion on how. So I just had a dream where he was relaxing on ??? (TAC Planet) from Milky Way Wishes with the sun and the moon fighting in the background. That's the theme of the whole song too; when the galaxy is running down it doesn't bother Tic-Tac, because he's in his own world and he likes it that way. It's how I'd view his character.

So now that is my new official nickname for you, Tic-Tac. Hope you like it, cause I ain't calling you anything else. Enjoy the rest of your 2013, buddy.
Old December 31, 2013, 10:27:04 PM
Giratina

Heyo, this is Turty coming in with the first song done of 2014! But since I haven't gone to sleep yet, this post doesn't count as my 2014 post. Technically I'm breaking the laws of time and space because I know it's still 2013 somewhere in the world, but here's a little thing I just put together! Day One: Bass's Theme. (That's the Bass from Mega Man, the song I used was his shop theme from MM10)

Now one thing you may notice, I am definitely playing the saxophone, but what's that lower sound? Why, it's my bass guitar of course! I realized I haven't recorded myself on the bass and since it's almost been a year since I've had it I thought it was time to record myself. Now since I obviously don't have the proper recording tools it sounds a bit muddy. Hooray for distancing the USB mic from the amp! But for less ear strain I separated the sax and bass 60% left and right, and lowered the volume a bit.

This is a huge first for me, playing two instruments at once. I'm surprised it synced up perfectly without me having to do almost any editing. There are a few mistakes here and there but that's because I just literally learned this about ten minutes ago. Whoopee!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Bass's Theme (Saxophone and Bass).mp3 (674.0 KB, 645 views)
Old January 1, 2014, 06:34:26 PM
Giratina

NOW here we are! The OFFICIAL first song of 2014! What did Turty do!?

Suicune issued me a CHALLEEEEEEENGE! and I just had to follow through. So here's Pokey Means Business!, something everyone who has ever used FamiTracker ever in the universe has already done. I did most of the 8-Bit half yesterday, and the rest today.
Old January 3, 2014, 02:16:56 PM
Giratina

Well, I got absolutely freakin' nothing done today, so I might as well top off the uselessness with a random sketch that just came to me randomly. We didn't have school, but I must still feel like I'm in Forensic Science.

And it's only 6 PM    

I don't draw Turtwig holding the bass too often because I don't like to draw people holding things, but since this image appeared in my fantasy land more times than normal today I thought I'd try it out.
The song is "She Loves You" by The Beatles. Funny story, before I heard the song I told a friend I was a huge fan and they referenced the song with that second line up there. I thought they were insulting me, and now I'm too embarrassed to talk to them about that
Old January 9, 2014, 02:35:36 PM
Giratina

Well I should be getting all of my work done, but the lord knows I'm still gonna procrastinate on it anyway. Might as well do something beneficial, right? Well I decided to practice my saxophone by recording a new song. Day Two: Jigglypuff's Song.

Monday after Symphonic Band was over I was soloing in E major (for absolutely no reason) when my friend Johnny boy tells me to "PLAY JIGGLYPUFF'S SONG!!" I had no idea why he said that until I tried, it just so happened to sound just like my solo. So two days later I decided to write out the whole thing. I mean, why not? Listen to my failed attempt at vibrato!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Jigglypuff's Song.mp3 (157.3 KB, 609 views)

Last edited by TurtwigX; February 21, 2014 at 05:10:27 PM.
Old January 11, 2014, 09:05:09 AM
Giratina

*Looks left*
*Looks right*
Suicune's gone away? Well now, Turty comes out to play!

This time I decided to remix his remix of N64 Rainbow Road. I still think it's one of his greatest, but it was just begging me to do an 8-Bit remix. He mentioned wanting to revise it, but I wasn't gonna wait The percussion was pretty simple because he sucks at percussion, haha, but the bass was a lot of fun to do. I would never have done this song if he didn't first.

I used a picture of Rosalina not just cause she's like the best but because she just felt right to be there. It'd be cool if Mario Kart Infinity had N64 Rainbow Road.
Old January 11, 2014, 10:43:02 AM
Administrator

Jeez, that one came out amazingly! It sounds just so close and perfect.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 11, 2014 at 10:43:06 AM.
Old January 11, 2014, 12:33:02 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Jeez, that one came out amazingly! It sounds just so close and perfect.
Thank you, thank you very much! I don't think it's my best, it only took me like half a day to write. But apparently YouTube agrees, an ad was forced because it matched third party content. I don't see that as a bad thing, that just means my pitch recognition is getting better!
Old January 25, 2014, 08:14:10 PM
Giratina

In honor of my beating A Link Between Worlds, and also my falling in love with a certain song again, I give to you the Lorule Overworld theme!

This one I kinda breezed through~ It took less than 24 hours to finish all of it. I wanted to tap more into the ALBW version, which I sort of did with the melody, but a lot of the parts got buried in the Wall of Sound. Ah well, I can still feel some of it, and I like the turnout. Thanks to my friend Max for tightening up my percussion.
Old February 14, 2014, 05:25:39 AM
Giratina

I remember last year Valentine's Day was a huge blowout for me. Not doing anything like that this year, but let's take a count, hmm? How many of you people have heard my voice before? 4? Maybe 5? Well let's boost that to ALL of you who hear this!

Ask Me Why (Valentine's Day Gift).mp3

Here I am singing one of my favorite Beatles love classics, Ask Me Why. This was actually a planned V-Day gift of just me singing for someone I asked to be my valentine last year, but... then they weren't. So then I learned how to play the bass, got a percussion instrument, faked some guitar and voila! Now it's a gift to the world! The mixing was done in fake stereo like the original song. The guitar is the only thing that needed postediting because it's the only instrument I can't play.

Also, I think this post would be a nice time to state that I will be taking a break from FamiTracker. I'm starting to lose my touch and it's getting stressful so I'm taking a breather from it. When I start to feel better then I'll start to work on two important projects I've put on pause.

That's all for now, folks! I'm going to spend the rest of the day with my 4 favorite people~<3 Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Old March 6, 2014, 12:36:45 AM
Giratina

Who wants some late mid-morning poetry? Only two hours before I "wake up" I'm taking in every moment of exhaustion.

Note: This may suck really bad. I'm not thinking right now. I might just remove this when I get back from school in the evening.

"The Man Who Could Move Mountains"

If you look up at night you just might see
stars that look just like a man punching a tree

There once was a man who was very distant
and all day and all night he would move the mountains
far and wide to places unknown for that was his job,
never resting and always moving was this man

He doesn't stop for tea?
He never breaks a sweat?
Wouldn't pause for anything
Not even a death threat?

Every night he would leap from peak to peak
scoping out where his next moving adventure would be
how he would get there, and also how long it'd take
for his calculations were never wrong and very precise.

But the man on the mountains
Does he ever get lonely?
Is he alright up there
Just him the one and only?

If only you could have seen this mystery man
traveling from sea to sea on his stony walls
only focusing dead on the task ahead
and never regarding anyone else at all.

The mountain moving man
What an incredible sight!
But how does he stand it all
Every single night?

If you bundle yourself up warm tonight and start to dream
The man who moves mountains may come and be seen.
Old March 15, 2014, 10:10:56 PM
Giratina

It's been such a long time since I've actually done something. I lost my mojo sometime in early February due to some type of upset feeling I had or something. I just couldn't Famitrack anymore (is that the verb? I dunno.) But thanks to my new and only favorite LP I was inspired to attempt this!

I was watching it about a week ago or so and they got stuck in the Ice Path, so I was forced to listen to the music. It was then that I realized how beautiful the music was and how much I really love that GameBoy soundchip. So I figured I'd do it some service by upgrading the tune not only with the NES's sound, but with added VRC6 instruments. Oh, and I changed the drum track. It was too boring. But the bass? Perrrfeeectiiiooon.
Old March 15, 2014, 10:16:23 PM
Administrator

Wow, that one is great!

Spoiler Alert:    
Could I get the .ftm file~?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 15, 2014 at 10:16:32 PM.
Old March 16, 2014, 08:37:23 AM
Haxorus

^
(me too, pls)
Old April 16, 2014, 07:41:39 PM
Giratina

I come back from the grave once again to give you a nice little ditty all the way from a techno-1960!

What you hear here is Balloon Trip Breeze's Nighttime jam as heard originally here. The day and afternoon themes were remixes of the original 8-bit Balloon Trip theme, even continuing to use chiptune sounds in the music. This caught my attention more as it was not only orchestrated without any traces of 8-bit, but it was also swing jazz. And when I took a close listen the loop was less than a minute, so with all those good points I just couldn't stop myself from remixing it.
Old August 11, 2014, 09:26:34 AM
Giratina

It's been 4 whole months since I've posted anything? Well then, let me rectify that real fast...

BAM!

This was my 3-parter return to my 8-Bit remixing, thanks to a little help from a very good friend~ Since I am so heavily into rock music I decided I should challenge myself by remixing some rock songs. And what video game series does it better than Sonic? (Purely rhetorical, answer that and I'll kill you.) It took a lot of listening and debating which ones I liked most, but eventually I settled on Green Forest, Speed Highway, and Rooftop Run.

So let me break it down right here. Each song used the same basic framework; 2A03 pulses doing rhythm guitar, Triangle and Sawtooth were the bass, Noise and DPCM doing the only thing they can (drums), and the VRC6 pulses doing lead guitar. Rooftop Run is the special case as it also had a violin sound with the regular pulses. It took a hell of a lot of close listening, as sometimes the instruments were so garbled all I heard was noise. And, at times, that WAS the effect I wanted. But other times, like for Rooftop Run's bass, things were so garbled I could barely hear the track. Thankfully it all came out in the end into 3 masterpieces~

It was supposed to be in order of increasing quality, but I still like Green Forest more than Speed Highway. So now I guess it's just in order of length. My favorite is definitely Rooftop Run, so many good memories with that song. I believe it's the best thing I've done yet.

Oh, and here's an extra for that, too. Rooftop Run sounds really different when you isolate certain tracks.
Old October 2, 2014, 08:59:43 PM
Giratina

I seem to have some sort of affinity for Victory Road. I felt if I had to show this to anyone or upload it anywhere, it'd have to be first. No matter how much I pretend to dislike being here~

Ah-hem, anyway, I'm here because you ALL should know what day it is. It's the North American release of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, which is important to me because I'm North American (but also not important because I'm not buying it for another week but whatever.) So to celebrate, enjoy this, the final Wii Fit Trainer drawing you guys'll see from me.

I might do another, maybe by request, but as for original ideas I'm done and dry. This was going to be in color at first, but the details are far too fine and I'm sure I'd mess them up. And black and white is my native thing, so I consider it a classic. Enjoy smashing everyone, and don't forget, stay fit!
Old January 31, 2016, 06:44:11 PM
Giratina

Hmm... I don't post here too often anymore. I mean, after all, it's been well over a year. So what brings me back to my favorite little thread? Well... read on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I present to you my first remix!

This... is not all that good. XD But it was my first time experimenting with FamiTracker, and I wanted to do something sorta simple. The only thing I really like is the bass, which I also messed up, so... don't say anything about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Look at the first post. The joke one. That was like my first song I created in FamiTracker, or first FULL song anyway. So many failure jingles... It's been a little over half a year (I thought February was 6 months after July. Am I stupid?) since I started, and I thought I should make some sort of... halfiversary of my progress. But this song was still pretty difficult to do and I'm never going to try it again, not even in another 6 months.

I did the whole thing without looking at the old one, so it was almost like starting all over. This version has added guitar and complex drums along with the reworked Square and Bass. Now I'm gonna take me a pretty long break from doing music stuff. Either 2 weeks or another 6 months.
So... I decided to go back on my word and I totally did it again. But it's 2 years later, are my old words even valid anymore? Ah well, here's the fresh blood.

To anyone who happens to not stalk my Facebook profile (Which I hopefully assume is everyone), I've officially started what I call "a new era of FamiTracker." I'm beefing up my style and I wanna be just like my idol one day... and I'm doing all I can to get there! So for the occasion, I thought it would be sappy and totally freakin me if I took it back all the way to where it began. And I just found a mostly-empty file for this remix just sitting in my flash drive, waiting to be completed. It was fate.

You should all know this song by now so I won't go too deep into what I did. I just used a new DPCM set (that I sampled myself~), completely reworked Noise, the typical Triangle + Sawtooth subbass, distorted guitar with VRC6 pulses, and that oh so recognizable square.

Now, hold me to my word, guys. I WILL NEVER TOUCH THIS SONG EVER AGAIN...
Unless I can somehow sample in Roxie saying "Dogars"... now there's a thought...
Old March 27, 2016, 04:26:32 PM

Ahahaha~

Seeing how this specific song grew from the past two years is quite adorable. Your 2 years of strenuous effort has become a marvelous piece that will last forever. I certainly hope you're proud of yourself.