Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 10, 2014, 02:53:23 AM
Administrator

Default Sound bug in X/Y

While working on completing my Pokédex in Omega Ruby, I dug through my boxes in Pokémon X. When I slipped my headphones on (as I had been using them for Omega Ruby), I noticed all the sound was in mono! Thinking something was wrong with them, I pressed the Home button and heard stereo sound from the menu. As I've been playing on a 2DS for a year now, it simply hasn't occurred to me that the sound was messed up.

More specifically, earlier this year I set the sound option in the system settings to stereo instead of surround, as it sounds best that way when playing with headphones, and the surround option seems to only work well when playing through loudspeakers. As the 2DS only has one of those, surround sound means nil. Anyway, I set the sound back to surround and it went back to its glorious stereo mixing. The same thing happens with Pokémon Bank, but Omega Ruby doesn't seem to have this bug.
Old December 10, 2014, 04:40:05 AM
Kyurem

I've noticed this for a long time, too.

I suspect we'll only get to hear the music in Pokémon X and Y in full quality off a soundtrack.
Too bad none of the patches deal with the issue.

At least they fixed the bug in the latest pair of games. Surround sound, non-synthesized music, and headphones do not mix at all, I've found...