Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 20, 2014, 12:54:14 AM

Default Your Personal Type Matchups

This idea here is plain and simple: which Pokemon types would you (yourself) consider to be strong and weak against? Don't forget to add an explanation at the end of why you made your selection!

Bug: WEAK [2x]
Dark: WEAK [2x]
Dragon: NEUTRAL [1x]
Electric: NEUTRAL [1x]
Fairy: RESIST [0.5x]
Fighting: NEUTRAL [1x]
Fire: WEAK [4x]
Flying: NEUTRAL [1x]
Ghost: RESIST [0.5x]
Grass: NEUTRAL [1x]
Ground: NEUTRAL [1x]
Ice: NULL [0x]
Normal: NEUTRAL [1x]
Poison: WEAK [2x]
Psychic: RESIST [0.25x]
Rock: RESIST [0.5x]
Steel: NEUTRAL [1x]
Water: RESIST [0.5x]

First off, I'm scared of most bugs (flying ones especially) and I can be scared of anything or anybody that can be deemed sinister or evil, so that's why I'm weak to Dark and Bug. I haven't had any bad run-ins with dragon-like reptiles or electricity aside from static shocks, so those are neutral. Fairy doesn't affect me much because I can cope with frilly silly things and not be bothered with them at the same time. Fighting...well, getting punched in the face or anywhere else would hurt, but I know I can take at least a couple physical blows if I need to, so that's neutral for me. Fire is definitely my biggest weakness. I don't like heat, I get burned from the sun easily, and one of my (weird) personal fears is getting badly burned by corrosive acid. For flying, I don't mind being in high places, but at the same time, a free fall from a high place scares me, so I think that balances into being neutral. I'm resistant to Ghost because I don't get scared too easily. In addition, I have a mischievous side that likes to scare people. I haven't had trouble with plants; I've never gotten poison ivy, so I'm neutral to Grass. For Ground, I don't have much experience with earthquakes, sinkholes, etc., so I would just put myself as neutral for now. I don't get affected by Ice because I love the cold~. Normal is...well, normal, so neutral for that one. Poison is a weakness for me because of how often I tend to get sick. Psychic barely affects me because of my narcissistic thought process; I think as if my type of judgment and insight are supreme compared to everyone else's. (This is kind of a personal flaw I have) I resist Rock because of my knowledge of Geology. Steel is neutral to me; I haven't had any bad experiences with metals. Lastly, I love swimming, so Water doesn't affect me that much.
Old August 20, 2014, 04:47:12 AM
Volcarona

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
This idea here is plain and simple: which Pokemon types would you (yourself) consider to be strong and weak against? Don't forget to add an explanation at the end of why you made your selection!

Bug: WEAK [2x]
Dark: WEAK [2x]
Dragon: NEUTRAL [1x]
Electric: NEUTRAL [1x]
Fairy: RESIST [0.5x]
Fighting: NEUTRAL [1x]
Fire: WEAK [4x]
Flying: NEUTRAL [1x]
Ghost: RESIST [0.5x]
Grass: NEUTRAL [1x]
Ground: NEUTRAL [1x]
Ice: NULL [0x]
Normal: NEUTRAL [1x]
Poison: WEAK [2x]
Psychic: RESIST [0.25x]
Rock: RESIST [0.5x]
Steel: NEUTRAL [1x]
Water: RESIST [0.5x]

First off, I'm scared of most bugs (flying ones especially) and I can be scared of anything or anybody that can be deemed sinister or evil, so that's why I'm weak to Dark and Bug. I haven't had any bad run-ins with dragon-like reptiles or electricity aside from static shocks, so those are neutral. Fairy doesn't affect me much because I can cope with frilly silly things and not be bothered with them at the same time. Fighting...well, getting punched in the face or anywhere else would hurt, but I know I can take at least a couple physical blows if I need to, so that's neutral for me. Fire is definitely my biggest weakness. I don't like heat, I get burned from the sun easily, and one of my (weird) personal fears is getting badly burned by corrosive acid. For flying, I don't mind being in high places, but at the same time, a free fall from a high place scares me, so I think that balances into being neutral. I'm resistant to Ghost because I don't get scared too easily. In addition, I have a mischievous side that likes to scare people. I haven't had trouble with plants; I've never gotten poison ivy, so I'm neutral to Grass. For Ground, I don't have much experience with earthquakes, sinkholes, etc., so I would just put myself as neutral for now. I don't get affected by Ice because I love the cold~. Normal is...well, normal, so neutral for that one. Poison is a weakness for me because of how often I tend to get sick. Psychic barely affects me because of my narcissistic thought process; I think as if my type of judgment and insight are supreme compared to everyone else's. (This is kind of a personal flaw I have) I resist Rock because of my knowledge of Geology. Steel is neutral to me; I haven't had any bad experiences with metals. Lastly, I love swimming, so Water doesn't affect me that much.
This was quite entertaining to read about hahahaha
Old August 20, 2014, 02:35:59 PM
Joltik

BUG: quad resistance. - I always dug up ant holes as a kid.
DARK: half resistance. - I am an evil person.
DRAGON: neutral. - Like Reun, I don't have any experience with dragons.
ELECTRIC: neutral. - Don't know what to say about this one.
FAIRY: weakness. - I hate fairy tales, and easily figured out about the tooth fairy.
FIGHTING: half resistance. - I'm used to taking a punch. Being kicked in the balls will not hurt me.
FIRE: quad resistance. - I love to be warm.
FLYING: half resistance. - I used to always scare away pigeons as a kid. I still occasionally clap as loud as I can when there are birds around.
GHOST: neutral. - Never believed in ghosts, but I can get scared easily.
GRASS: weakness. - I avoid grass in the morning because I don't like having my feet wt from dew. Also, I hate stepping in dog crap, which is always in grass.
GROUND: weakness. - I hate getting dirt on my knees, my feet, and worst of all, in my nails.
ICE: double weakness. - I hate cold weather, and I live in up north. Lucky me...I also hate ice, because I have to walk on it, and inevitably fall on my back.
NORMAL: immune. - In my opinion, it is impossible for anything to be normal.
POISON: weakness. - It's poison. Simple as that.
PSYCHIC: neutral. - I consider myself very intelligent, but I hate being asked trick questions or other crap like that.
ROCK: weakness. - They're rocks. It's not like I'm gonna use one as a pillow or something...
STEEL: weakness. - The blades of scissors are metal, and scissor blades hurt if you're jabbed by one.
WATER: neutral. - I can't swim, but by the same token I enjoy being in water.
Old August 20, 2014, 03:58:31 PM
Keldeo

Let's see . . .

Bug: 2: I hate bugs. We'll make that about 16 if the thing in question happens to be a centipede or silverfish. I freaking hate centipedes and silverfish.

Dark: 1: Idk. Dark. It's not like they invented flashlights or anything. Or that you can use your hands and stuff so you don't fall and break your nose.

Dragons: 1: Forget my username I wish I was a dragon, but that doesn't necessarily mean I resist or am weak to them.

Electric: 2: I've never been shocked but I have a feeling I really don't want to be.

Fairy: 0.5: what? you mean the steaming pile of you-know-what they added to sell some pre-orders of X and Y?

Fighting: 0.5: I have a little brother and sister. I can take a few punches.

Fire: 0.5: I'm the lunatic that thinks it's cold if the air temperature is less than 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

Flying: 1: see Dragon.

Ghost: 1: Ghosts are cool. I was disappointed to learn that my house isn't haunted. But also see Dragon.

Grass: 0: Was such a horticulture nerd as a kid. I love plants. I've still got half a jungle in my room behind me right now.

Ground: 1: . . . I need it to walk. And stuff. What else am I supposed to do with it? Is it going to punch me or something?

Ice: 4: Cold sucks. Cold really sucks. I wish I lived closer to the equator. Which is funny because I spent a year in Rochester, which gets about eight feet of snow every year. And just finished dumping a bucket of cold water on my head D:

Normal: 1: Eh.

Poison: 1: I have a pretty good immune system and stuff, but there's another thing I really don't feel like trying my luck against.

Psychic: 1: see Normal.

Rock: 2: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but . . . oh yeah, stones. Rocks. Same thing.

Steel: 1.5 (because that makes sense): sort of like Rock, but on average not as hard or thick.

Water: 2: I hate getting wet.

So, there's that!