Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 8, 2011, 10:30:24 AM
Kyurem

Default Any glitches found yet?

I was woundering if any glitches have been found in b/w yet. I was hoping if the GTS evolving glitch works on these games I was about to try it my self on my gurdurr to evolve it, but i dont have much pokes to trade for yet.
Old March 8, 2011, 02:09:47 PM
Keldeo

*cough* Found one earlier than this thread *cough*
http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=7498
Old March 11, 2011, 02:54:14 AM
Regigigas

I've noticed that when I get on my bike and then immediately enter a new route and go into a patch of grass before the music has a chance to change, the game pauses for a second or two before starting the wild Pokemon battle. Other than that, nothing really. I'm surprised nobody's found any Gen V glitch Pokemon, or really any major glitches at all. This may be the first generation yet without any.

Last edited by Leaftail; March 11, 2011 at 02:54:39 AM.
Old March 11, 2011, 09:50:15 PM
Servine

There is a placeholder Pokemon, but it has only been discovered through Action Replay. A video taken of it as well as an interesting glitch I found on youtube can be seen in the spoiler tags.
Spoiler Alert:    
This reminds me of the one from R/S/E. (OMG REMAKES!!1)

This next one is... strange, to say the least. A fainted Pokemon coming back from the dead? Woah.
Old March 13, 2011, 10:01:32 AM
Zoroark

I found a glitch.

sometimes when you teach a pokemon a TM with 20 PP ( such as poison jab ) and walk into a battle, the move will be reduced to 10 PP even though you had never used it.

This has happened many times to me, one of them being poison jab on my drilbur
Old March 13, 2011, 10:48:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
I found a glitch.

sometimes when you teach a pokemon a TM with 20 PP ( such as poison jab ) and walk into a battle, the move will be reduced to 10 PP even though you had never used it.

This has happened many times to me, one of them being poison jab on my drilbur
That's not a glitch. Since TMs now have unlimited use, it's to prevent PP from being restored in longer dungeons and the Elite Four, when you don't normally have access to PP recovery except for the limited amount of Ethers and Elixirs.

Last edited by Ditto616; March 13, 2011 at 10:48:19 AM.
Old March 13, 2011, 03:44:55 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
That's not a glitch. Since TMs now have unlimited use, it's to prevent PP from being restored in longer dungeons and the Elite Four, when you don't normally have access to PP recovery except for the limited amount of Ethers and Elixirs.
This is kinda off topic, but why did they never make Ethers and Elixirs available in Marts?
Old March 13, 2011, 03:58:48 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
This is kinda off topic, but why did they never make Ethers and Elixirs available in Marts?
I don't know, I've always wondered this... It doesn't really makes sense with them not selling them. :I

[ontopic] This is an in-battle glitch that stops your opponent from attacking:
Old March 15, 2011, 02:01:27 PM
Kyurem

i tryed the gts glitch where you can evolve your pokemon, it doesnt work anymore they must have fix this or something, but i havnt seen any glitches myself yet but you never know.
Old March 15, 2011, 11:27:37 PM
Celebi

I got one. I used my new Litwick's Hex, once, then it said all my moves lost PP on the next turn and he used Struggle. Which then did 20x the amount of recoil a usual Struggle does.
Old March 16, 2011, 05:02:56 AM
Kyurem

I would call this a glitch.
Old March 16, 2011, 06:28:11 AM
Celebi

This is either a glitch or I am REALLY lucky but when I throw a Pokeball, any Pokeball, and when the Pokemon goes inside of the Pokeball and it closes it will flash white for a for a little bit and then drop. If you hold down A when it flashes white and release when it hits the ground you will get a automatic capture. I have done this about 20 times now for accuracy to see if it really was a glitch and it seems to be one. Someone else needs to test this out to see if it is true.
Old March 16, 2011, 03:04:04 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
This is either a glitch or I am REALLY lucky but when I throw a Pokeball, any Pokeball, and when the Pokemon goes inside of the Pokeball and it closes it will flash white for a for a little bit and then drop. If you hold down A when it flashes white and release when it hits the ground you will get a automatic capture. I have done this about 20 times now for accuracy to see if it really was a glitch and it seems to be one. Someone else needs to test this out to see if it is true.
Critical Capture.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:25:05 PM
Kyurem

i think i seen a glitch while using the entralink thing when me and my cosuins where testing it, i tryed placing a item that the mission say to place and sometimes the item wont be placed. They both got pokemon black.

Last edited by kakashidragon; March 17, 2011 at 01:25:40 PM.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:31:22 PM
Landorus

I've seen a few glitches in Marrowack's and Poliwrath's in-game sprites. Marrowack's wrist ticks on his front sprite but he just moves it on his back sprite. Also, with Poliwrath, in his back sprite, it cyclically shifts downward and then back up for a split second.
Old March 18, 2011, 07:22:30 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
It doesn't just wobble 1 time and then stars pop-up. It wobbles all 3 times and then the stars pop-up. That is why I think it is a glitch.
Old March 18, 2011, 10:12:20 AM
Zoroark

klang and kilnklang's back sprites are wrong. The little gear should be on the right.
Old March 21, 2011, 09:34:58 PM
Kyurem

My cousion ran into a glitch on black version on the royal unova, he enters the boat and like 1-5mins later it kicked him off the boat before he was able to battle a single trainer on the boat. I go on the boat and i can beat them all within the first 2 boat toots and i never had this happen.

Last edited by kakashidragon; March 21, 2011 at 09:35:27 PM.
Old March 25, 2011, 01:39:10 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
My cousion ran into a glitch on black version on the royal unova, he enters the boat and like 1-5mins later it kicked him off the boat before he was able to battle a single trainer on the boat. I go on the boat and i can beat them all within the first 2 boat toots and i never had this happen.
he was too slow

and coteup, not a glitch
Old March 25, 2011, 02:34:12 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
He must've talked to a bunch of people who told really long stories.
Old March 30, 2011, 05:23:18 PM
Kyurem

hmmm must have. Oh well for him then.
Old March 30, 2011, 06:32:39 PM
Servine

Just asking, does anyone know if the tweaking glitch still exists in these games? I haven't heard anything yet.
Old April 1, 2011, 09:08:05 PM
Kyurem

Not sure if it does, i think it almost happen to me when i playing around with the controls but someone will have to really try it.
Old April 2, 2011, 04:19:13 AM
Volcarona

When both your Pokemon faint in the same turn in a double battle, you cant switch out your next one.

I'm really pissed off at this one. It screwed me over dozens of times in Japanese Black, and it reared its ugly head again while I was on the Double Battle train in my English White.

Seriously GameFreak? Almost half a year and an entire new launch wave, and you STILL cant fix a potentially gamebreaking glitch?
Old April 2, 2011, 05:59:31 AM
Regigigas

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoysel View Post
Its not a glitch, and you don't randomly tap, you select the Pokemon to be switched to battle, then you select the Pokemon s/he is replacing (IE the last Pokemon to faint). That way you can deiced what order your Pokemon are going to be battling in.
(I need to spread the word. Maybe I'll put this into my signature. I hate it when people reset their games when they didn't really have to.)

Last edited by Leaftail; April 2, 2011 at 06:01:17 AM.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:15:28 PM
Kyurem

heck i knew that wasnt a glitch, i figured it out a few moments later

Last edited by kakashidragon; April 3, 2011 at 09:16:15 PM.
Old April 6, 2011, 06:58:15 PM
Zoroark

I had a Triple Battle with a friend of mine today, and I think I discovered a glitch with Flat Rules. His Pokemon were all very high level (80+) at the time and mine were low 60s late 50s. So, we used Flat Rules. I used Aqua Jet from my Samurott to his Infernape, it barely touched it. My Samurott has a +Attack nature and an Expert Belt. Then I used Rock Slide from my Excadrill on his Drifblim, again barely did anything. His Drifblim (80 base speed) was attacking before my Volcarona (100 base speed) when they were at the same level. I think that somehow the levels got turned back, but not the stats. I know it sounds like I'm just being sore, but we both agreed that something wasn't right. My friend was even the first to say it. So, I think there's something screwy with Flat Rules. More investigation would be appreciated.
Old May 28, 2011, 02:44:14 AM
Banned

Here's a small insignificant glitch, hack the swear firewall, like if you want to name a Pokemon a rude name you can just put a space after the word!
Old May 28, 2011, 01:43:21 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaftail View Post
!

(I need to spread the word. Maybe I'll put this into my signature. I hate it when people reset their games when they didn't really have to.)
If you end up with one pokemon left after that happens, you get a dead end.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:16:46 PM
Landorus

Even the best game has gliches
Old May 31, 2011, 12:40:53 PM
Kyurem

The GTS evolving glitch dosnt work anymore, i tryed this a few days ago to see if they have it there but they removed it or something.
Old June 9, 2011, 05:51:45 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
I accidentally did that once for a Pokemon I was trying to catch. Was trying to emulate it, now I know how to do it again.
Old July 4, 2011, 08:01:19 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
Here's a small insignificant glitch, hack the swear firewall, like if you want to name a Pokemon a rude name you can just put a space after the word!
Er, that's not a glitch, considering you hacked into the game
Old July 9, 2011, 07:01:05 AM
Charizard

I haven't found any glitches:/