Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 16, 2010, 10:32:30 AM
Charizard

Default Things you dislike about B/W

I've seen a lot of people here talk about what they like in B/W, but what about the things you hate about the games, what don't you like about B/W that dissapoints you or makes you mad?

For me, it's the fact that Zorua and Zoroark are event only and you cannot obtain them at all in game, even from an egg given to you, despite not being legendaries at all, that's the thing I hate the most about B/W. I also dislike the Pokemon Musical, as it is nothing more than a Super Contest without the third part that plays out like the Contests in R/S/E.

What's your least favorite part of B/W?
Old September 16, 2010, 10:37:29 AM
Kyurem

The games haven't exactly come out yet, so I don't think there is much I can really complain about...

I guess just the fact that you can't trade in Pokemon until you get the National Dex, so I'm stuck without using an Alakazam on my in-game team.
Old September 16, 2010, 10:37:51 AM
Giratina

I didn't see the games yet, but I'm currently a bit disappointed that we're not getting any new (pre-)evolutions of existing Pokémon in this generation.

Last edited by Shadow; September 16, 2010 at 10:38:13 AM.
Old September 16, 2010, 10:47:50 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
The games haven't exactly come out yet, so I don't think there is much I can really complain about...

I guess just the fact that you can't trade in Pokemon until you get the National Dex, so I'm stuck without using an Alakazam on my in-game team.
Although that's a pretty big bummer, since we can't use our favorite Pokemon, it's not all bad. We get to start over, in a way, and make new teams with new Pokemon. It'll be like the first time with Pokemon again. :3

Even with a few minor cons in the game, there are a lot of pros to look forward to. However, I have to agree with Masterge77 about Zorua/Zoroark. It's not really fair to tease us with a Pokemon that's exclusive like that. But, then again, it is the Lucario of the 5th generation. We were lucky that we got the Riolu egg in the game... I guess Nintendo is branching out and focusing on those players lucky enough to live in a WiFi hub.
Old September 16, 2010, 11:25:10 AM
Charizard

People, I know the games are not out yet, I just want to hear what you dislike about what is revealed about the games so far, not about the fact the game is not released yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
Although that's a pretty big bummer, since we can't use our favorite Pokemon, it's not all bad. We get to start over, in a way, and make new teams with new Pokemon. It'll be like the first time with Pokemon again. :3

Even with a few minor cons in the game, there are a lot of pros to look forward to. However, I have to agree with Masterge77 about Zorua/Zoroark. It's not really fair to tease us with a Pokemon that's exclusive like that. But, then again, it is the Lucario of the 5th generation. We were lucky that we got the Riolu egg in the game... I guess Nintendo is branching out and focusing on those players lucky enough to live in a WiFi hub.
They obviouly either assume that everyone on Earth has Wi-Fi, or they think that everyone on Earth lives in major cities like New York or Cleveland and not in small towns or rural areas, which they think are barren wastelands uninhabitable by human beings. I'm going with the former, because only 21% of all Americans and Canadians live in major cities like New York and Cleveland and/or have Wi-Fi, seriously, more than 75% of the people in the United States and Canada live in rural areas (including me), and have NO Wi-Fi connection at all! They just simply do not care about the people who live in the country and only care about those who live in the city.....
Old September 16, 2010, 12:10:03 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
They obviouly either assume that everyone on Earth has Wi-Fi, or they think that everyone on Earth lives in major cities like New York or Cleveland and not in small towns or rural areas, which they think are barren wastelands uninhabitable by human beings. I'm going with the former, because only 21% of all Americans and Canadians live in major cities like New York and Cleveland and/or have Wi-Fi, seriously, more than 75% of the people in the United States and Canada live in rural areas (including me), and have NO Wi-Fi connection at all! They just simply do not care about the people who live in the country and only care about those who live in the city.....
Same here. There are a few resturants that claim to have "free WiFi"... but it's a lie! >=( [Found that out during an Animal Crossing fiasco] BTW, where's the missing 4% in your theory?
Old September 16, 2010, 12:36:54 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Same here. There are a few resturants that claim to have "free WiFi"... but it's a lie! >=( [Found that out during an Animal Crossing fiasco] BTW, where's the missing 4% in your theory?
Ok, 79%, are you happy now!?

Indeed, McDonalds claims to have free Wi-Fi, but the commercials lied to me, my town has two McDonalds, and neither have Wi-Fi, what a bunch of liars they are.....
Old September 16, 2010, 12:41:48 PM
Rayquaza

Anyways, I'm mad that after so long we still haven't had a dark type gym.
Old September 16, 2010, 02:22:56 PM
Shaymin

I'm not mad because it isn't even out. Though there are low points, they don't make me feel I need to be angry for them.
Old September 16, 2010, 02:36:21 PM
Kyurem

What I don't like is how overrated it is. I mean really, is it that much of a big deal?
Old September 16, 2010, 06:46:46 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Ok, 79%, are you happy now!?
Geez. Calm down. I was merely curious. You don't have to snap like that.
Old September 16, 2010, 09:09:18 PM
Cyndaquil

I hate the fact that the games are 100% region protected which means you have to have a japenese DS
Old September 16, 2010, 09:20:10 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryofAmerica View Post
I hate the fact that the games are 100% region protected which means you have to have a japenese DS
Actually, that's just for DSi's and DSiXL's. If you have a Phat or a Lite lying around and wanna import, you can and will be able to play B/W on them.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 16, 2010 at 09:21:01 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 01:51:18 AM
Rayquaza

I don't like Pokémon Musical. I never liked the contests and I don't think that these musical contests will make any difference. I like the Pokéathlon more, as it was more entertaining. I also have to agree that having Zoroark as an exclusive is not nice at all. It just pisses me off, even if I don't like Zoroark. I also wished to have our Pokémon walking with us like in HG/SS, but oh well... Something I noticed is that I hate almost all the water Pokémon, except for the turtle!
Old September 17, 2010, 03:42:28 AM
Charizard

Haters gonna hate.....

I know a lot of people hate the new Pokemon just simply for their design, but you should not hate a Pokemon just simply because of it's design.....

I prefer to put the Gen 5 Pokemon into one of four catergories (with examples of each catergory, in Pokedex order):

Pokemon that are clever and well designed:
Jaroda, Dekenki (yes, I like this one), Miruhoggu, Doryuuzu, Zekrom

Pokemon that are decent, but still good:
Yanappu, Zuruggu, Chillarmy, Denchura, Goruggo

Pokemon that blatantly rip off older Pokemon in terms of design:
Zoroark (Lucario), Mebukijika (Stantler), Emonga (Pachirisu), Mamanbou (Luvdisc), Kibago (Larvitar)

And Pokemon that are utter crap:
Otamaru, Yabakuron, Koaruhii, Baniricchi, Gear

I think that a good third of them are really cool, the rest however.....

So don't hate them just simply for their design, only hate them for what their stats are, or what moves they learn, not their design, as quality is not judged by physical appearance.....
Old September 17, 2010, 07:08:05 AM
Regigigas

1. Pokabu's evos are fire/fighting. That's three generations IN A ROW with a fire/fighting starter evo.
But I'm not saying the typing's bad. I actually like it. It's just getting really annoying that they keep using it.
2. Gear's evos are just Gear with extra stuff thrown in.
3. The flying legendary trio all have the EXACT SAME POSE, and two of them have the same stats and ability. They could have easily taken out two of them.
4. Zoroark is an event Pokemon. That's FIVE event Pokemon this generation.
5. The place where you find Munna is called the Abandoned Lot of Dreams. Wut.
Old September 17, 2010, 09:26:08 AM
Celebi

Flying trio.
Nintendo have simply recoloured and changed the sprites.
Old September 17, 2010, 10:55:03 AM
Celebi

D: This turned into a flame thread. How sad.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:17:17 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Zoroark (Lucario)
They don't look anything like each other. XD That's like saying Gastly is a rip-off of Grimer.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:20:57 AM
Celebi

Quote:
They don't look anything like each other. XD That's like saying Gastly is a rip-off of Grimer.
He's referring to the "theme" Pokemon of the new region that's kind of exclusive and a non-Legendary who got a movie.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:22:40 AM
Servine

Quote:

Zoroark (Lucario), Mebukijika (Stantler), Emonga (Pachirisu), Mamanbou (Luvdisc), Kibago (Larvitar)

And Pokemon that are utter crap:
Otamaru, Yabakuron, Koaruhii, Baniricchi, Gear
well yea i hate the ice cream cone ice cream is man made why would ice cream be a pokemon! plus in the anime dont the people eat ice cream.... i guess that will be stopped

and gear... it makes u go WHY ..... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY WERE DESIGNING THE POKEMON

i hope that emonga will be the pachirisu evo and same with mamanbou and that bull (tuaros evo)

since the whole isshu poke dex hasnt been yet confirmed they will still have the chance to be the pre evo

Last edited by Shadow; September 17, 2010 at 12:35:11 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:23:51 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
He's referring to the "theme" Pokemon of the new region that's kind of exclusive and a non-Legendary who got a movie.
Quote:
Zoroark (Lucario)
Old September 17, 2010, 11:30:44 AM
Celebi

Masterge77 probably meant something else. He's not all there. You should see his rant in the chat. Hilarious.

Quote:
well yea i hate the ice cream cone ice cream is man made why would ice cream be a pokemon! plus in the anime dont the people eat ice cream.... i guess that will be stopped
and gear... it makes u go WHY ..... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY WERE DESIGNING THE POKEMON
Complaining about the "ice cream" Pokemon, is like complaining about all the food-animal Pokemon. "Don't they eat chicken (Torchic) or burgers (Miltank)?"

And I don't have a problem with Gear, even if it looks like the Digimon. Gear just looks like a Bronzor + Magnemite to me.

If anyone has a problem with the designs, email the creators or something instead of sulking over them. I do know that Spinarak was a fan-designed Pokemon. I'm sure if they're not totally stupid in design (which I think most of them are), they could be used as an official Pokemon.
Old September 17, 2010, 12:36:53 PM
Giratina

Yeah, there's a big difference between expressing what you dislike and ranting about it. Try to act a little more mature than that in this thread please.

Last edited by Shadow; September 17, 2010 at 12:38:00 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 02:19:37 PM
Charizard

Quote:
D: This turned into a flame thread. How sad.
That was what I was trying to avoid.....

Quote:
Masterge77 probably meant something else. He's not all there. You should see his rant in the chat. Hilarious.
IT'S NOT FUNNY DAMNIT!!!!! You trolls never learn, do you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yeah, there's a big difference between expressing what you dislike and ranting about it. Try to act a little more mature than that in this thread please.
I was trying to avoid stuff like that, If they keep it up, I will ask the mods to lock this topic.....
Old September 18, 2010, 08:47:09 AM
Giratina

You know what I really dislike, too? The fact that MANY Pokémon evolve at VERY high levels! Examples: Jiheddo evolves into Sazando (the Dark/Dragon pseudo-legend) at level 64, Gigear evolves into Gigigear at level 49, and Baniricchi evolves into Baibanira (the Ice Cream Pokémon's final stage) at level 47!
Old September 18, 2010, 09:25:39 AM
Haxorus

I hate that we don't have it in America. I want to play it so bad.

I don't like that Minezumi looks like Bidoof with Blood-shot eyes.
Old September 18, 2010, 01:19:08 PM
Haxorus

I like them all except for Hihidaruma and Pokabu.
Old September 18, 2010, 02:14:11 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Anyways, I'm mad that after so long we still haven't had a dark type gym.
Is a dark type E4 good enough for you?
Old September 18, 2010, 09:20:50 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
You know what I really dislike, too? The fact that MANY Pokémon evolve at VERY high levels! Examples: Jiheddo evolves into Sazando (the Dark/Dragon pseudo-legend) at level 64, Gigear evolves into Gigigear at level 49, and Baniricchi evolves into Baibanira (the Ice Cream Pokémon's final stage) at level 47!
Agreed. They really didn't need to make all those Pokemon evolve at such high levels. Just look at these guys:
Spoiler Alert:    

Banipucchi evolves into Baniricchi at level 35, which evolves into Baibanira at level 47.

Kibago evolves into Onondo at level 38, which evolves into Ononokusu at level 48.

Gear evolves into Gigear at level 38, which evolves into Gigigear at level 49.

Komatana evolves into Kirikizan at level 52.

Washibon evoles into Wargle at level 54.

Baruchai evolves into Barujiina at level 54.

Meraruba evolves into Urugamosu at level 59.

Monozu evolves into Jiheddo at level 50, which evolves into Sazando at level 64.

Sazando evolves at level 64! It probably won't even evolve fully until well after the E4.

Last edited by Leaftail; September 18, 2010 at 10:59:50 PM.
Old September 18, 2010, 09:29:29 PM
Regigigas

1.I don't like that Gear's evolutions are just Gear with a bigger gear surounded by a gear
2.REGION LOCKED!!!!!
3.Just like Blaziken and Infernape Enbouu is a Fire/Fighting
Old September 19, 2010, 03:59:47 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu Lapras View Post
Agreed. They really didn't need to make all those Pokemon evolve at such high levels. Just look at these guys:
Spoiler Alert:    

Banipucchi evolves into Baniricchi at level 35, which evolves into Baibanira at level 47.

Kibago evolves into Onondo at level 38, which evolves into Ononokusu at level 48.

Monozu evolves into Jiheddo at level 50, which evolves into Sazando at level 64.

Sazando evolves at level 64! It probably won't even evolve fully until well after the E4.
What the hell? 64!?!?! Washibon into Wargle at Level 54? Ridicolous.
Old September 19, 2010, 08:48:25 AM
Volcarona

There's one thing I really hate about B/W. I totally forgot about it in my post earlier. It's that IT'S NOT IN ENGLISH YET!!!!!!!

lol, anyways, pokemon evoloving at level 64? BLASPHAMEY!
Old September 19, 2010, 05:57:25 PM
Volcarona

I like the higher evolution levels, they provide more of a challenge in the game, and allow me to use their pre evolutions for some time before I'm forced to evolve them...

What i don't like so far, is that there are no evolutions to already existing pokemon. EG: Mamanbou is not an evolution. Nothing that needed it, no matter how badly, got an evolution, sure they got dreamworld abilities, but its not the same.

The charachter design is a bit off IMO as well, especially if you notice the trends starting in generation I, Team rocket, was dark, and looked normal, with minor black outfits. Team Aqua and Magma weren't as bad as galactic in there funky outfits, and kind of could be seen as reasonable. Team Galctic looks flat out stupid, with there goofy space suits on, and team plasma looks unreasonable to begin with. The players design is ok, though, as does the professors design. I guess its just an opinion, though. Everything but fact is anyway.
Old October 1, 2010, 12:12:18 PM
Volcarona

Gear's evoloutions could have been better, and I sort of don't like the fact Zoroark replaces Lucario (Though I really don't mind, because it's an event Pokemon anyways. That and Fighting types pwn Dark types every time. :3) but in my opinion it looks like the best Pokemon game otherwise.

And on the topic of Lucario, this sprite is the most epic sprite I've ever seen in any Pokemon game.

EPIC

Last edited by LucarioMario; October 2, 2010 at 05:06:52 PM.
Old October 1, 2010, 03:03:48 PM
Giratina

Seeing as I don't have B/W yet, I only have ONE complaint.

The fact that I have to wait till the spring of 2011 just to get either game... better start saving up my money....
Old October 4, 2010, 07:16:31 PM
Regigigas

Gear evolutions.
Combo Breakers (starter male has brown hair, female Professor.)

That's about it. I really love the high level evolutions. Challenges are great.
Old October 12, 2010, 10:13:08 AM
Joltik

Mamanbou doesn't evolve from luvdisc and emonga doesn't evolve from pachirisu.
And that the high evolution levels, I wanted to use sazando in the E4 but i'm too lazy to train it to 64 by then.
That's about it.

I don't have a problem with gear, I actually like it and it's evolutions. Pokemon musical seems to be alot better than super contests. Team plasma are (in general) quite cool despite the terrible outfits that the grunts wear.
Old October 12, 2010, 11:57:34 AM
Floatzel

My one complaint that will be resolved when it comes stateside is that I can't understand anything in Japanese. [/sarcasm]

In reality, some of the transitions and animations appear sorta rough. When entering and exiting a building, for example, it cuts right to the actual place instead of fading in or out (not too big a deal). When I'm playing this on my Lite, some of the 3D rendering lags the game ever so slightly (once again, not too big of a deal). Also, the backsprites could use a little bit of work. In the default camera view, most of the backsprites are very pixely, though they do get better when the camera zooms out to show all of the combatants in a double or triple battle. To fix this, they could have vectorized the sprites for easier zooming (we'll probably see this in Gray). Also, if they could animate all of the trainer sprites in battle, I'd be a very happy man.

Also, even though I'm not sure how the Battle Subway works completely, I'm kinda annoyed that they removed the Battle Frontier. Besides, why not have the entrance to the subways in Hiun City (Grand Central Station, one of the largest subway systems in the world, duh?) and limit it to a post-game thing? That, IMO, would be better.
Old October 14, 2010, 04:32:02 AM
Joltik

What disturbed me about B/W was how Monozu evolves into Sazandora at level 64, and Washibon evolves into Wargle at level 54. What the heck?

Another thing that I hate is how there is no Eeveelutions in Isshu. Aww, c'mon! There are 13 Legendaries (2 Legendary groups which make 7, Story Legendaries which make 2, third one may be possible, an Extra Legendary which may be the third Story Legend which is 1, and possible Event Legendaries, which make 3.) in Isshu, but no Eeveelutions?! D:<

Personally, I think Nintendo put way too much Legendaries in B/W and D/P/PT.

Last edited by Nightlight; October 14, 2010 at 04:52:03 AM.
Old October 14, 2010, 03:55:07 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlight View Post
What disturbed me about B/W was how Monozu evolves into Sazandora at level 64, and Washibon evolves into Wargle at level 54. What the heck?

Another thing that I hate is how there is no Eeveelutions in Isshu. Aww, c'mon! There are 13 Legendaries (2 Legendary groups which make 7, Story Legendaries which make 2, third one may be possible, an Extra Legendary which may be the third Story Legend which is 1, and possible Event Legendaries, which make 3.) in Isshu, but no Eeveelutions?! D:<

Personally, I think Nintendo put way too much Legendaries in B/W and D/P/PT.
They probably didn't add any evolutions to old Pokemon because they said they wanted B/W to have a fresh start for people new and old to Pokemon. They wanted it to be like R/B with completely new Pokemon. No Pre-Evolutions or Evolutions.

Back on topic, I really hate that Zorua and Zororark are Events.
Gear's evolution is just annoying, it got like no changes. All they added was like a machine part and left it with it's original design. .-.
The main thing I hate is that they're not in English yet and I gotta wait til' Spring 2011 to enjoy the best Generation in the series...

Last edited by Shiny; October 14, 2010 at 03:56:30 PM.
Old October 14, 2010, 04:07:01 PM
Celebi

I dont like how you cant trade Pokemon back and fourth, you can only transfer them to B&W.

Quote:
Kibago (Larvitar)
Dont be haten' on my little dragon that kicks butt!
Old October 14, 2010, 04:18:09 PM
Haxorus

Ok, seriously some Pokemon are just jfldkjflkdjal, not even joking. I mean look at Yabakuron *trash bag looking thing* I mean seriously....and another one....an Ice cream cone...this is a clue that their losing ideas...
Old October 14, 2010, 08:59:28 PM
Keldeo

Exclamation THIS HAS A PLOT SPOILER.

MAJOR PLOT SPOILER    
I recommend you turn back now    
Seriously: THIS IS A MAJOR SPOILER    
I hate it, when N comes into the picture, right before you battle Adeku.
He comes in, and challenges you; you catch Reshiram/Zekrom and you battle him and you defeat him, and you also defeat that weird guy afterwards.
And you never challenge Adeku afterwards, you have to start all over with the Beginning of the League Challenge.
Old October 15, 2010, 03:50:32 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
I like the higher evolution levels, they provide more of a challenge in the game, and allow me to use their pre evolutions for some time before I'm forced to evolve them...

What i don't like so far, is that there are no evolutions to already existing pokemon. EG: Mamanbou is not an evolution. Nothing that needed it, no matter how badly, got an evolution, sure they got dreamworld abilities, but its not the same.
This sums up my feelings perfectly. Mamanbou was just SCREAMING to be a luvdisc evolution. SCREAMING it. Emonga could have been a pachirisu evolution. It sure looked like it could have. It's a flying squirrel, for Pete's sake!
What angers me the most is the lack of new evolutions for eevee.

One last thing is the TM's. They should have given us truly useful TM's. What's with the weak, gimmicky attacks? I want to see more TM's like Flamethrower or Thunder. Not these piddly moves like incinerate, pluck, and double team. The use of double team is frowned upon! Why have it as a TM?
Old October 16, 2010, 04:48:53 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'bom View Post
What angers me the most is the lack of new evolutions for eevee.

Although this has been mentioned many times, do not forget that the creators wanted to give all players an equally fresh start this generation. That's why no new Eeveelutions were introduced.

One last thing is the TM's. They should have given us truly useful TM's. What's with the weak, gimmicky attacks? I want to see more TM's like Flamethrower or Thunder. Not these piddly moves like incinerate, pluck, and double team. The use of double team is frowned upon! Why have it as a TM?

You can't have a list of 95 useful moves as TMs, as that would just be unbalanced. Yes, moves like Double Team are pretty pointless, but every thing in this world has to come with some negatives.
Comments in bold to clarify some stuff for you.
Old November 30, 2010, 06:50:04 PM
Zoroark

I hate how they release it in english after the Japanese release.
Old November 30, 2010, 10:10:01 PM
Volcarona

The pokemon, In my Honest and Humble opinion, suck.

I do not hate anything else and do plan on buying the game eventually. (long complicated wall of text required for explanation of the inability to buy it on release day)
Old November 30, 2010, 11:55:23 PM
Regigigas

Honestly, I thought that the game could have a few more challenging battles. I personally shot threw numerous battles with ease, but I'd hope for a epic trainer of epicness with their Pokemon in the late 90's or higher. Don't get me wrong, I did have a few troubles with a couple of different trainers, but maybe it's just me who wants to put their skills to the ultimate test.
Old December 4, 2010, 07:05:59 AM
Joltik

I dislike how in the Elite 4, you get to choose whatever order you fight them. It takes away the challenge of worrying how well you're Pokemon are once you get to the 4rth member and his pseudo legends. Other than that, the only thing that I'm not too fond of are some Pokemon designs. While Sazandra and such are great, creatures like the Poke ball mushroom thing makes it seem like the designers are trying too hard.

For the people who dislike the obvious Kanto parallels: Well, in real life, we have more than one time of cows, right? There isn't just one species. We also have more than one type of squirrel, lots of rodents, you get the point. So, I don't really mind how it seems as if they're just ripping off older generations. Except the Voltorb/Electrode to mushroom thing.
Old December 4, 2010, 08:08:25 AM
Haxorus

The only thing I don't like is Yabakuron, did someone in Creatures inc. discover this idea while cleaning up their room?
Old December 4, 2010, 05:48:03 PM
Mudkip

The pokemon sucked.90% of them either had bad base stats or a bad movepool or both
Old December 4, 2010, 08:37:35 PM
Kyurem

What I hate now is that the designs are "apparently" too crappy and/or unoriginal which make people hate 'em.

Ehh, haters gonna hate.
Old December 4, 2010, 09:52:39 PM
Keldeo

I couldn't catch an Eevee through normal means.

Can't wait for the english versions though.
Old December 5, 2010, 04:19:25 AM
Rayquaza

Right now, what I hate the most is Oshawott and Tepig. The names are just awful.
Old December 5, 2010, 04:28:15 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Right now, what I hate the most is Oshawott and Tepig. The names are just awful.
You'll eventually get used to them. Although I prefer to call the starters by their Japanese names, (Which I'll still call them by long after the English versions of the game are out.) the English names will be hated and love. More hated by the people who have gotten used to the Japanese names most likely, but it's just one of those things to debate about like people have done for the last ten years over the previous generations.

Another thing that I've kinda not liked about the games are that they lack the auto-run button on the touch screen!
Old December 5, 2010, 12:35:08 PM
Giratina

I hate all the sparkly new HG features that were taken out, that the dapartment store barely has anything to choose from, and that you CAN'T REBATTLE ANY TRAINERS.
Plus, they're running out of ideas and are taking things from the MOTHER series(Compare Surf and Green Train)
Old December 5, 2010, 12:56:06 PM
Kyurem

Having some useful move tutors would be nice. All we have are Draco Meteor, lame moves for the starers, and two moves that can only be learned by specific legendaries. Kind of a let-down, considering how many tutor moves we had in HG and SS.
Old December 23, 2010, 08:12:13 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu Lapras View Post
Spoiler Alert:    

I agree completely. Nintendo did say something about a better challenge, but knowing the "challenge" is having your Pokemon evolve at high levels ( It might be what challenge they're talking about) is not what kind of challenge we were looking for. Hopefully, this level thing isn't the real challenge
Old December 24, 2010, 10:04:38 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZxTrollingxZ View Post
The pokemon sucked.90% of them either had bad base stats or a bad movepool or both
:O In terms of base stats, this is the best generation yet. No Pokemon has a bst under 250, which is a first. At least 15 Pokemon have stats over 130. The Bug-types especially are a lot better than previous generations.

What I don't like is the typing of some Pokemon. Dokkora should have been Fighting/Grass, Dotekkotsu should have been Fighting/Steel, Roopushin should have been Fighting/Rock, Chobomaki should have been Bug/Steel, Desumasu & Desukaan should have been Ghost/Steel, etc.

Last edited by Leaftail; December 24, 2010 at 12:29:52 PM.
Old March 30, 2011, 07:35:47 AM
Giratina

Bump?

I've recently discovered what I hate the most about Pokémon Black and White - the horrible Wi-Fi battles!

Firstly, there's no 6 vs. 6 option anymore. You can only have a maximum of three Pokémon in a single battle, leaving many strategies broken. On top of that, the elevation system is corrupt: if your Pokemon are under level 50, they will remain at their respective levels. If, however, they are above 50, they will be automatically elevated to level 50. That means either the battles will be unfair, or every person has to level up their Pokémon to level 50 at least.

Although Pokémon Black and White are the best Pokémon games ever in my opinion, the Wi-Fi battles are truly disappointing. If it wasn't for this, there would only be minor flaws which barely stand out when compared to the brilliance of the games.
Old March 30, 2011, 09:26:09 AM
Rayquaza

I certainly hate this error code that pops out every time I access the GTS. I am not sure about it, but I think it was 13275 or something like that.
Old March 30, 2011, 11:56:15 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I certainly hate this error code that pops out every time I access the GTS. I am not sure about it, but I think it was 13275 or something like that.
This has nothing to do with the games - it's either because the servers in Japan are down (probably due to the recent crisis) or there are too many people online at once.

Last edited by Shadow; March 30, 2011 at 11:56:46 AM.
Old March 30, 2011, 12:06:40 PM
Zoroark

The Wi-Fi in this game is extremely dissapointing. They need more options for battles. The options they have now suck horribly.

Also, my only gripe with the in-game plot is how straightforward Unova is. It's a big circle, basically. Go through one route, you're to the next city. That takes away a bit from the "exploration" factor imo. Just to compare.

Hoenn:

Unova:

I dunno. To me, it seems more entertaining to have a lot of different ways to get places.
Old March 30, 2011, 12:11:02 PM
Linoone

Black/White may be the best games yet, but there's always a cloud to a silver lining. My biggest complaint is just some of the designs. Pokemon like Cottonee and the female Unfezant just look plain awkward, some even horrible. another complaint, like many others have, is just that ZORUA AND ZOROARK ARE EVENT-EXCLUSIVE. I was forced to trade my friend's Victini (which he let me keep) just to get a lvl 1 Zorua.
Old March 30, 2011, 12:27:39 PM
Zoroark

I hat ethat they finally gave egg a back sprite and it SUCKS!
Old March 30, 2011, 12:36:36 PM
Servine

I hate that you can't catch any of the old pokes! There are barely 6 gen Vs I like enough to put in a team

As for wi-fi......just use Shoddy

Last edited by Light Vaporeon; March 30, 2011 at 12:37:16 PM.
Old March 31, 2011, 10:53:01 AM
Servine

What I dislike, extremely, is that they gave the Pokemon Japanese-like names, and names that are very laughable.

And I agree with you, I hate that Zoroark is event-only, since it is so popular it is almost unfair. I mean, events only happen once in a while, and when it's a Pokemon THIS much liked, it's almost 'mean', you know?
Old April 1, 2011, 05:39:14 AM
Magikarp

I HATE THAT NO MATTER WHAT POKEMON U CHOOSE-THE 1ST GYM WILL BE THE "BETTER" TYPE.
THATS A FREAKY IDEA.../:

BTW I UNDERSTOOD THAT THERE'S A WOMAN GIVING U A PAN-MONKEY AFTER LIKE 5 TIMES I FAILD
Old April 3, 2011, 08:25:18 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
I hat ethat they finally gave egg a back sprite and it SUCKS!
??? If I recall, the egg sprite is the same backwards and forwards. And why does it suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
Also, my only gripe with the in-game plot is how straightforward Unova is. It's a big circle, basically. Go through one route, you're to the next city. That takes away a bit from the "exploration" factor imo. Just to compare.

Hoenn:

Unova:

I dunno. To me, it seems more entertaining to have a lot of different ways to get places.
I agree with you there.

Anyway, we'll get used the designes of certain pokemon. I used to hate Lilligant, but its grown on me sinse (cookie for whoever gets the pun).
Old April 3, 2011, 09:46:34 AM
Volcarona

I don't really dislike much things about B/W, except that the map is pretty much straightforward as stated before.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:04:27 AM
Regigigas

Here's some stuff I dislike:
  • Finally, after all these years of the games taking place in Japan, they decided this time around to randomly give a bunch of people Japanese names. In the only region in the main series yet to not take place in Japan.
  • The fact that we have THIRTEEN LEGENDARIES and SIX EVENT EXCLUSIVES!
  • The gym leaders/N/Ghetsis are too easy.
  • You never battle 6 of the sages.

Last edited by Leaftail; April 3, 2011 at 10:14:49 AM.
Old April 3, 2011, 07:19:49 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeMaster View Post
What I dislike, extremely, is that they gave the Pokemon Japanese-like names, and names that are very laughable.

And I agree with you, I hate that Zoroark is event-only, since it is so popular it is almost unfair. I mean, events only happen once in a while, and when it's a Pokemon THIS much liked, it's almost 'mean', you know?
Then again you can breed it, so there won't really be a shortage of them anytime soon...
Old April 4, 2011, 08:15:24 AM
Rayquaza

I started disliking one thing: you can't re-challenge gym leaders. Considering they had a major role in the story itself, it would have been much better if we could re-battle them again.
Old April 4, 2011, 08:20:02 AM
Giratina

I don't really understand why so many people have problems with Zorua and Zoroark being event-only: You had so many chances to get them, what with the Gamestop events for a whole month and then the (worldwide) Wi-Fi events for a whole month. If you complain that you have no Wi-Fi, I'm sure there are plenty of hotspots within a 10-minute drive of your house. Plus, they're breedable, I'm sure your friend can get you one really quickly if you're that desperate.
Old April 4, 2011, 02:35:09 PM
Zoroark

The names of some Pokemon. I think Nintendo could have put more creativity into the names. Also I beat the game in about 5 days. I mean all of he story and thankfully never traded Pokemon over
Old April 10, 2011, 08:04:48 AM
Linoone

I've gotten 5 badges so so far I've only been dissapionted in 2 things.

1 Clay was way to easy to beat

2 The region is to strait foward. It's to simple. To navigate the region you go up then you go clockwise. woo.

Other than that its great though.
Old April 10, 2011, 08:19:14 AM
Shaymin

Im sorry but, I cant find a fishing rod, I dont even think there is one in this game, so thats what i dont like. I can't find the fishing rod!
Old April 10, 2011, 08:36:47 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Im sorry but, I cant find a fishing rod, I dont even think there is one in this game, so thats what i dont like. I can't find the fishing rod!
There's one fishing rod and you get it after you defeat the Elite 4 for the first time.
Old April 10, 2011, 08:59:26 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Only the super rod exists, which you get after the E4
Old April 10, 2011, 09:40:22 AM
Zoroark

i hate that they aloud legends from previious games into wifi battles.

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES A FREAKING REGIGIGAS KO'D MY ROTATION TEAM
Old April 10, 2011, 10:12:29 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
i hate that they aloud legends from previious games into wifi battles.

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES A FREAKING REGIGIGAS KO'D MY ROTATION TEAM
Regigigas isn't an event legendary Pokemon thus it isn't banned by VGC, and due to the moderate difficulty in getting Slow Start to work properly it's not banned from OU Smogon tiers.
Old April 10, 2011, 10:18:57 AM
Zoroark

i'm talking about legendarey's in general. heatrean and many other pwnage legends were also aloud in wifi battles
Old April 10, 2011, 10:54:51 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
i'm talking about legendarey's in general. heatrean and many other pwnage legends were also aloud in wifi battles
Heatran is also legal in Smogonite metagame, and things like Kyogre/Groudon/Dialga/Palkia/etc. are legal in VGC. The Flat Battle mode operates by VGC clauses.
Old April 10, 2011, 11:27:37 AM
Zoroark

im saying thats what i DISLIKE.
Old April 10, 2011, 11:42:44 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
im saying thats what i DISLIKE.
I'm saying you shouldn't complain about playing in a perfectly legal and established tier scale system if you don't know how to play in it. :V
Old April 10, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
Zoroark

still, shouldn't you be aloud to use rehiram and other 5 gen legends if you can use legends like dialga and palkia?
Old April 10, 2011, 12:20:50 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
still, shouldn't you be aloud to use rehiram and other 5 gen legends if you can use legends like dialga and palkia?
Uhhhhhhno.

The point I was trying to make is, your problem is not with the game developers but with the organizers of professional gaming tiers. Thus it's not something you should be claiming to be a problem with the games.
Old April 10, 2011, 06:16:28 PM
Zoroark

A few complaints having been through the entire game now:

A slightly unfair jump in levels for trainers. This is fine later on after you've explored all of the Unova region, but I hate this trend since HG/SS of jumping the levels to 50-60 or higher when you've just beaten the E4.

Oh, and I miss the days where the E4 stayed at their levels and you could challenge them again at that level. Sure, it's a bit too easy, but I wish you could have better control over their difficulty, especially when training lower level Pokes (instead of Lucky Egg spamming with Audino). 40-50 is hard to level in combat against trainers (screw Exp. Share; I wanna fight).

The sprites really are a little ugly from the trainer pov. I mean come on, it shouldn't be so pixelated for the level of graphics. It still looks good in general, but the pixels always took me out of the experience a little compared to previous games.

The touchscreen's lack of usefulness. It downgraded to D/P functionality AND it lost the Pokewatch. I can't EV train as easily or keep track of eggs easily. The C-Gear seems a waste of space (should have been a Pokewatch function).

Clunky item system. Getting better with each gen., but it still needs more pockets to sort "equipped" items with "adventure" items for efficiency. It's hard finding my Max Repels when I have to sort through everything. Just give me a "search" function already.

Animations are still pretty simple in regards to attacks (some attacks look really weird like Dig). I expect more in the next generation obviously on the 3DS, but I was hoping for more this gen. Still, whatever PBR2 does will make up for it I hope.

I like most Pokes, but like others have said, poor sprites or lack of more evos was a bummer. Come on! Farfetch'd and Delibird are due an evo. Oh, and Absol for sure (even just a pre-evo; remember when those were cool).

And as a minor spoiler for after the game (hint hint, look away now if you don't wanna see), not knowing more about Ghetis and N. I have a feeling N will have more importance in future games (just a feeling), but what we found out from the Sages after the game was a bit disappointing (just that he's out there). N was set up to be really important so I hope we hear more about him and his journey with your opposing legendary.

Spoiler over.

That ought to do it for me for the most part. Nit-picking would be pointless (and even then I did a little already). Keep in mind, I still racked up 100+ hours on it.
Old April 10, 2011, 08:25:39 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjack91 View Post

A slightly unfair jump in levels for trainers. This is fine later on after you've explored all of the Unova region, but I hate this trend since HG/SS of jumping the levels to 50-60 or higher when you've just beaten the E4.

FFFFFF THIS SO MUCH. They ate me alive man. ._.

Oh, and I miss the days where the E4 stayed at their levels and you could challenge them again at that level. Sure, it's a bit too easy, but I wish you could have better control over their difficulty, especially when training lower level Pokes (instead of Lucky Egg spamming with Audino). 40-50 is hard to level in combat against trainers (screw Exp. Share; I wanna fight).

I spent a few days levelgrinding in Giant Chasm preparing for the E4 redux so I see where you're coming from. However I'd like to point out that the E4 have been rising in level for the second challenge since 3rd gen.

The sprites really are a little ugly from the trainer pov. I mean come on, it shouldn't be so pixelated for the level of graphics. It still looks good in general, but the pixels always took me out of the experience a little compared to previous games.

The touchscreen's lack of usefulness. It downgraded to D/P functionality AND it lost the Pokewatch. I can't EV train as easily or keep track of eggs easily. The C-Gear seems a waste of space (should have been a Pokewatch function).

In my review for the VR Newsletter I did address this. I didn't like the touch screen at all this gen.

Clunky item system. Getting better with each gen., but it still needs more pockets to sort "equipped" items with "adventure" items for efficiency. It's hard finding my Max Repels when I have to sort through everything. Just give me a "search" function already.

A search function would be great. I do however like that Y registers up to 25 items now.

Animations are still pretty simple in regards to attacks (some attacks look really weird like Dig). I expect more in the next generation obviously on the 3DS, but I was hoping for more this gen. Still, whatever PBR2 does will make up for it I hope.

I like most Pokes, but like others have said, poor sprites or lack of more evos was a bummer. Come on! Farfetch'd and Delibird are due an evo. Oh, and Absol for sure (even just a pre-evo; remember when those were cool).

And as a minor spoiler for after the game (hint hint, look away now if you don't wanna see), not knowing more about Ghetis and N. I have a feeling N will have more importance in future games (just a feeling), but what we found out from the Sages after the game was a bit disappointing (just that he's out there). N was set up to be really important so I hope we hear more about him and his journey with your opposing legendary.

Spoiler over.

That ought to do it for me for the most part. Nit-picking would be pointless (and even then I did a little already). Keep in mind, I still racked up 100+ hours on it.
I agree with most of this and disagree where mentioned.
Old April 11, 2011, 05:53:11 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjack91 View Post

I understand your point, but in general, I think that their decision to increase the strength of the trainers, and especially the Elite Four, is an excellent idea. I have been complaining about the Elite Four in Emerald, Diamond, Platinum and HeartGold for being easy. Not too easy, but not really hard. The only Elite Four that was a challenge was the one in Fire Red. It was too hard. For the first time since then, White has shown some strong trainers that almost knocked me out, while Cynthia already defeated me. I rather find this great. I hate to see myself defeating trainers easily and going through the game like I am the strongest of all. Seeing such a challenge in the game is rather interesting. I think it was made for the sake of those old fans who want extra challenge.
Old April 11, 2011, 08:03:30 PM
Volcarona

Not enough grinding required for competitive battle; Real men(and women?) prefer to grind their pokemon up to level 100 1 exp at a time. Needless to say, not many real men do competitive battle.

Last edited by Serenade; April 11, 2011 at 08:03:43 PM.
Old April 14, 2011, 06:46:17 PM
Servine

Lack of VS Seeker. Rebattling trainers, especially the post-League ones, would make leveling a ton nicer. Lucky Eggs and high-level wild pokemon are nice, but you can't beat the higher XP and cash reward you get from a good trainer or two.

...Or six. I'm looking at you, Miles.

Last edited by Armads; April 14, 2011 at 06:46:41 PM.
Old April 14, 2011, 06:51:21 PM
Kyurem

Horrible Wi-Fi battling system is all I can think of...

The removal of set level battles not only makes arranging fair battles harder, but also makes testing the IVs of freshly hatched Pokemon far more of a hassle. There is also the issue of the Battle Subway, and how you can't battle with someone over Wi-Fi, you can only battle complete strangers' teams over Wi-Fi.
Old April 14, 2011, 06:54:55 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Horrible Wi-Fi battling system is all I can think of...

The removal of set level battles not only makes arranging fair battles harder, but also makes testing the IVs of freshly hatched Pokemon far more of a hassle. There is also the issue of the Battle Subway, and how you can't battle with someone over Wi-Fi, you can only battle complete strangers' teams over Wi-Fi.
Go to the third woman from the right at the second floor of any Poke Center.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; April 14, 2011 at 06:55:22 PM.
Old April 14, 2011, 07:49:26 PM
Regigigas

Oh God how I dislike the Wi-Fi battling system in these games. Completely ransacking set leveled battles makes finding "fair" matches a little difficult, basically all what Ala said.
To add also, Pokemon really needs some more black people. It's not a necessity but the stereo-typical basketball players just don't cut it.
Old April 15, 2011, 01:54:40 AM
Zoroark

I hate the Dream World
I tried it out yesterday, I seriously don't see what the big deal is.
And the 24 hour waiting period or whatever, it's like the Pal Park all over again.
Old April 15, 2011, 02:29:52 AM
Rayquaza

I hate how the Dream World is so slow! It took such a long time for the Pokémon to tuck in, and now it is taking a lot of time for it to start dreaming! :@
Old April 15, 2011, 02:05:23 PM
Zoroark

I HATE THAT I CAN'T EVEN USE MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE NINTENDO WON'T SEND THE EMAIL!
Old April 15, 2011, 06:15:59 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarioqueen View Post
I hate the Dream World
I tried it out yesterday, I seriously don't see what the big deal is.
And the 24 hour waiting period or whatever, it's like the Pal Park all over again.
To prevent massive lag on the Global Link servers, you're limited to an hour of playtime and a 24 hour period of rest.

Quote:
I hate how the Dream World is so slow! It took such a long time for the Pokémon to tuck in, and now it is taking a lot of time for it to start dreaming! :@
This one I've heard is different for everyone. For me it only took a few minutes or so for it to begin dreaming/tucking it in/waking it up.

Quote:
I HATE THAT I CAN'T EVEN USE MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE NINTENDO WON'T SEND THE EMAIL!
It's either because you're:

1. 12 and what is this
2. not checking your Spam/Junk filters
3. you used the wrong email address
4. overzealous spam has completely DESTROYED YOUR EMAIL. (this one's a joke)