Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > Animé-Style Battling > Battles

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 28, 2011, 04:56:40 PM
Kyurem

Default GrassPokemonFTW vs Furret~*

GrassPokemonFTW vs Furret~*

Battle Style - Single Battle; 1 Pokemon each.
Disqualification Time - 7 Days
Damage Cap - 100
Restrictions - No OHKO Moves, One Chill.
Arena: Dark Dungeon - in this stage, the pitch black caves are hard to see in. However, a battle in this stage shows what Pokemon can really sense their surroundings! Accuracy of all physical moves is cut by 50%, while accuracy of all special moves is cut by 75%. No-miss moves now have the capability of missing.
Ref: Open

Furret, your Pokemon.
Grass, your Pokemon and moves.
Furret, your moves.
Old September 28, 2011, 05:06:05 PM
Cyndaquil

[Ferra]
Furret-Female
Keen Eye

Come on out Ferra!
Old September 28, 2011, 08:30:08 PM
Kyurem

[Tyrant]
Larvitar - Male
Guts

All right, Tyrant, let's do this! Start of with Sandstorm, and follow up with with Toxic! Let's try bringing it down while its sight is down! But, should something impede the use of status, then use Earthquake on the second attack!

Moves: Sandstorm ~ Toxic/Earthquake
Old September 29, 2011, 06:02:23 AM
Cyndaquil

Ferra, use Dig to avoid Toxic, and follow up with Sucker Punch!

Dig~Sucker Punch
Old September 29, 2011, 08:34:00 PM
Regigigas

Default ROUND 1 Results

Tyrant
[IMG]http://sprites.*********.org/i/246.gif[/IMG]
Health: 100
Energy: 100
Planned Moveset: Sandstorm ~ Toxic / Earthquake

Ferra
[IMG]http://sprites.*********.org/i/162.gif[/IMG]
Status: I never thought a living being could be so...ugly...
Planned Moveset: Dig ~ Sucker Punch

A horn blasted from the outside of the cave, which is where all of the light came from; an insufficient amount, at that. Ferra was quick to action and, with rapid claws, made a nice hole for herself to hide and cover herself in.
Result: Ferra has dug underground. Moves intended for her will miss.

Tyrant did not notice that Ferra had dug underground, but nonetheless had plans of his own. It would help out a lot if he could have some reinforcement for his Ground and Rock-type moves. Tyrant focused on the dust and rocks around him and tried to make them move around, but unfortunately, he was missing one key detail of a good Sandstorm-- Wind. These caves were deep underground, and not much wind could pass through that far, no matter how hard Tyrant tried.
Result: Sandstorm FAILS. A pitch dark cave is too deep for wind to pass in and out of.

Ferra wanted a good time to strike, so she waited until she got any sign of activity about the ground. She couldn't wait any longer, though, when nothing seemed to happen for an extended period of time. She blasted out of the ground and went for Tyrant, but...nothing. He wasn't there. She must have anticipated an attack meant to do harm that was not actually about to happen.
Result: Sucker Punch FAILS. Tyrant is about to use a status move, and not an actual attack.

Tyrant thought he may as well go for broke, here. It was risky using a move that was already not completely accurate in broad daylight when in almost unseeable conditions, but why not? Focusing really hard, he saw a couple brown stripes just barely sticking out of the black-- that's it! Tyrant secretes an odd purple liquid from his hands, runs at the unsuspecting foe who was looking around for him the entire time, and infects her with Toxic-- and unlikely success!
Accuracy Roll: 308, 1-400 succeeds.
Result: Ferra is now BADLY POISONED!
She will lose steadily more Health over 5 turns. 7 Energy from Tyrant.

Tyrant
Energy: 93

Ferra
Status: I think I'm going to throw up in a couple moments...
B. PSN. Loses 3 Health
Health: 97
Planned Moveset: Dig ~ Sucker Punch

ROUND 2
No extra effects for this round
Furret, your moves first this time.
Grass, you follow.

Last edited by Shiny; October 6, 2011 at 06:01:37 PM.
Old September 30, 2011, 06:00:30 AM
Cyndaquil

Hmm... Let's see if we can make something work... Ferra, use Double Team! If Tyrant uses a physical move, use Hyper Voice. If he uses anything else use Aqua Tail!

Double Team~Hyper Voice/Aqua Tail
Old September 30, 2011, 08:41:54 AM
Kyurem

Looks like we managed to poison it...darn, in this pitch black cave, it's hard to see anything...we're going to have to stall for a while. Larvitar, try using Double Team, then go in with Brick Break!

Double Team ~ Brick Break
Old October 1, 2011, 03:27:37 PM
Kyurem

(M)
Ability: Guts
Energy: 93
Planned Moves: Double Team ~ Brick Break

(F)
Ability: Keen Eye
Energy: 97
Planned Moves: Double Team~Hyper Voice/Aqua Tail

Ferra coughed and hacked as she struggled with poison, but knew that if she let her guard down she would not last long in this battle. As such, she began to dart around in the dark as quickly as possible, creating the illusion of several Furret being present! Ferra was now indistinguishable from her clones, and benefited from the boost to her evasiveness.

used Double Team.
(-3 Energy, +1 Eva.)

Tyrant, giddy with the fact that his Toxic had succeeded, opted to stall out Ferra. He ran around the dungeon quite similarly to Ferra, creating false copies of itself wherever he went. The stadium was now full of dozens of Furrets and Larvitars, but it was difficult to tell which one of them was Ferra and which one of them was Tyrant!

used Double Team.
(-4 Energy, +1 Eva.)

Satisfied with her work, Ferra screeched to a halt and was shocked to see the vast amount of Larvitars glaring at her. Not at all threatened, Ferra stood on her hing legs and took in a large gulp of air. Taking aim at one Larvitar in particular, Ferra let out a wickedly loud shout that echoed and roared throughout the cavern, nearly deafening anyone that had not covered their ears. Far away, though, was Tyrant, who had the brains to cover his ears and protect himself from Ferra's sonorous howl. Directly after her howl, Ferra felt devastating chills and her vision became foggy. Toxic's poison continued to harm her.

used Hyper Voice.
(-6 Energy, 4 damage from Toxic.)

Tyrant, now content with his copies and his state of health was prepared to go on the offense. He prepared a powerful fist and ran towards a Furret, praying that he would have the same luck as he had with his Toxic. He had singled out this Furret in particular, because he was able to track down the source of the Hyper Voice, and quickly chopped the Furret's back with a readied hand. A direct hit on Ferra had been dealt! Along with the vicious attack from Tyrant, Ferra hacked and trembled because of the toxins that were running through her veins. She shook all over, trying to get ahold of herself.

used Brick Break.
(-7 Energy, deals 9 damage. 5 damage to Ferra from Toxic.)

Ferra was struggling to keep herself going and Tyrant was brimming with confidence, but the battle was far from over.

(M)
Energy: 82

(F)
Health: 82
Energy: 88

Grass, you go ahead and say your moves this time.
Furret, you will say your moves after Grass.

Calculations:
Hyper Voice's accuracy was 54. (1-25 hit)
Brick Break's accuracy was 33. (1-50 hit)
Brick Break's critical was 99. (1-6 crit)

Last edited by Alakazamaster; October 1, 2011 at 03:32:08 PM.
Old October 1, 2011, 04:00:50 PM
Kyurem

Perfect, this is working well, but let's not get too confident! Now, there is the concern of Taunt, so we must trek carefully. I think it be best if we use Taunt ourselves. Then, go in with Payback!

Taunt ~ Payback
Old October 1, 2011, 05:14:36 PM
Cyndaquil

Hmm... we're getting beat. We gotta keep trying until something works! Concentrate and try to hit him with an Ice Beam, but then use Protect afterwards!

Ice Beam~Protect
Old October 2, 2011, 01:06:39 PM
Kyurem

(M)

(F)
Health: 82
Energy: 88

Ferra tried to keep herself focused as she wrestled with the poison that continued to afflict her, knowing that it would wear off in due time. She stood up on her haunches and aimed at a new Larvitar clone, preparing a gelid beam of energy in her mouth. The roof of her mouth became numb from the freezing lump of ice that had soon developed, and without missing a beat Ferra shot a powerful Ice Beam at the Larvitar that she was aiming at! A risky shot, to be certain, but the Larvitar that she focused on was indeed Tyrant! He shivered and sneezed from the sudden burst of cold energy that made contact with him, taking severe damage.

used Ice Beam.
(-6 Energy, deals 15 damage.)

Tyrant still had goosebumps from the frosty attack and began to grow frustrated at Ferra for dealing such a powerful blow. Tyrant and his clones surrounded the Long Body Pokemon, noticing that it had begun to prepare its Protect attack. Tyrant, ready to show what he felt about Ferra, began to yell a foul string of insults:

You prissy weasel, are you honestly going to Protect yourself? You finally land ONE lucky hit and decide to go and shield yourself from the scary and dark dungeon. Pathetic. Is this how you are going to battle? Hit and run? Sorry to be the one to tell you, but a strategy as asinine as that will not work.

Ferra, now completely insulted, uncurled itself up and narrowed its eyes at the grinning Tyrant. Ferra wheezed and began to sweat, still feeling the foul affects of Toxic.

used Taunt.
(-4 Energy, Ferra is now Taunted. 6 damage to Ferra from Toxic.)

Ferra was completely enraged at this insolent Larvitar. How dare he spew such vile insults? There was no time to Protect when such a rude Pokemon was still up and running! Unfortunately, in her rage, Ferra could not decide which attack to use. She stood there fuming, but completely unable to attack.

was unable to attack. (Taunt)

Tyrant's mouth twisted into a smirk when he saw how successful his attack was. He tucked his head in, pulled in his arms and launched a tackle at the incapacitated Ferra! The attack was meant to be revenge for the vicious Ice Beam that Ferra had launched, but Tyrant sailed completely passed her. The dungeon was still as dark as ever, and Tyrant could barely tell where Ferra was. Though Payback missed, Ferra howled and screeched from the intense muscle pains that the Toxic caused her to feel. The pain, however, ended quite abruptly and left Ferra's body completely. The vicious Toxic had finally worn off!

used Payback.
(-6 Energy, deals 0 damage. 7 damage to Ferra from Toxic.)

(M)
Health: 85
Energy: 72

(F)
Health: 69

Furret, you will make your moves first this time.
Grass, you make your moves after Furret this time.

Calculations:
Ice Beam's accuracy was 8. (1-25 hit)
Ice Beam's freeze was 81. (1-10 freeze)
Taunt's accuracy was 24. (1-25 hit)
Payback's accuracy was 62. (1-50 hit)
Payback's critical was 58. (1-6 crit)
Old October 2, 2011, 06:26:29 PM
Cyndaquil

Okay, Ferra, use Quick Attack, followed up by an Ice Punch, unless he uses a physical attack. Then use Hyper Beam.

Quick Attack~Ice Punch/Hyper Beam
Old October 2, 2011, 07:49:07 PM
Kyurem

Urk, that Ice Beam is going to leave a mark...okay, well, we're not going to get anywhere if we just stand here like this. Let's follow up with Dragon Dance! Then, counter with Iron Head!

Dragon Dance ~ Iron Head
Old October 6, 2011, 06:21:19 PM
Kyurem

(M)
Health: 85
Energy: 72

(F)

Ferra knew she had the upper hand in attacking here. She started running laps around the dark cave. What was she doing exactly? Why, she was gaining speed for her next attack.
She was already the fastest there, but she needed extra precautions. She sprinted towards the rocky Dragon.. creature.
Her speed was incredible! She swiftly moved across the cave, gliding across walls and rocks.
She hit something rocky and hard. She hoped it was her opponent and not another boulder.
(Furret: -2 Energy Larvitar: -5 Health)

Tyrant shook his head at the attack. He wasn't expecting it, and he was hoping it would miss.
Tyrant looked around him, nothing but cold darkness and craggy rocks. This was the perfect habitat for him. He felt in tune with it as a mystical aura entered his body.
He started swaying his arms, glowing a dark purple. His eyes grew a dark red, much like the great dragons he looked up too from fables and stories.
He swayed his body, side to side, left to right, the aura entering and leaving his body.

Soon he stopped, feeling enlightened.
(Larvitar: -4 Energy +1 ATK +1 SPD)

Ferra stood there, waiting for her opponent to move. She was ordered to observe his next attack, then move.
Tyrant's head and horn soon started growing a bright gray, becoming as hardened as steel. He touched his head, feeling the cold iron formed on it.
He ran towards Ferra, his head aimed straight at her. She stood there in the darkness, waiting for the attack. She saw a faint light in the distance, but couldn't make it out. Was it Tyrant, or was it an illuminating crystal?
Soon she heard a loud slam near her and the sound of rocks falling.
Oh, that silly monster. He slammed into the wall!
(Larvitar: -8 Energy; ATTACK MISSED)

Ferra decided that this was her chance. She sucked in air and various substances in the air. She needed them to gain energy for her next attack.
Her mouth soon grew a dark orange with an orb inside of it. This orb held incredible strength and would seriously hurt Tyrant... if it hit.
She shot out a beam of energy from the orb. She was hopelessly aiming at this point, shooting beams everywhere.
Alas, her attempts proved useless. Tyrant snickered in the darkness as he heard the sound of rocks crumbling and falling from above.
(Furret: -10 Energy; ATTACK MISSED)

(M)
Health: 80
Energy: 64 +1 ATK +1 SPD

(F)
Energy: 70
Ferra cannot attack for 1 turn due to the secondary effects of Hyper Beam.

Ref Notes:
Quick Attack's accuracy roll was 27, with 1-100 hitting.
Iron Head's accuracy roll was 63, with 1-50 hitting.
Hyper Beam's accuracy roll was 50, with 1-22 hitting.

Various rocks are now falling from above due to the missed attacks of the Pokemon. Rocks have a 50% chance of hitting the Pokemon, dealing 2-8 damage.

GPFTW, your moves please.

Last edited by Shiny; October 6, 2011 at 06:24:34 PM.
Old October 7, 2011, 04:10:42 PM
Kyurem

Ugh, that didn't work too well...I suppose we need to head with a different strategy. Let's try Brick Break a second time! And watch out for those rocks, too! And most of all, make sure you focus!

Brick Break
Old October 7, 2011, 06:20:52 PM
Cyndaquil

Let's keep trying the ice type attacks! Use Ice Beam again, then use Ice Punch. Watch out for the falling rocks, though.

Ice Beam~Ice Punch
Old October 11, 2011, 04:50:17 PM
Kyurem

(M)
Energy: 64 +1 ATK +1 SPD

(F)
Energy: 70
Ferra cannot attack for 1 turn due to the secondary effects of Hyper Beam.

Ferra stood on the cave floor, weak. Her previous attack had drained her of a lot of energy, and she just needed a rest.
She layed on the floor, closing her eyes.
But, her rest was soon disturbed. A medium sized rock fell on her hip, causing her to shriek in pain as it hit.
(Furret: -5 Health)

Tyrant knew this would be his chance to attack. He followed the shrieks of pain coming from the cave. He knew this would be where his target was. He finally got closer to the Furret, hearing the shrieks that almost busted his eardrum.
He brought up his hand with all his might, carelessly crashing it down.
Please, please, please, hit the Furret! he thought to himself as he aimed.
(Larvitar: -7 Energy Furret: -11 Health)

Ferra was real agitated at this point. She was getting having the worst day of her life!
She started sucking in cold energy from the dark cave. She created a small orb of ice in her mouth. She shot a large beam out of this orb, shooting it all over the cave. She was tired of this battle, and saw no point in aiming. The beam froze rocks all over the cave, giving the cave a cold, arctic feeling.
Alas, the move still missed, though.
(Furret: -7 Energy)

Tyrant felt a cold chill go down his back as the ice formed around the cave.
He just stood there- waiting. His trainer had given him no other move, and he was confused by now.
Suddenly, he saw a large rock fall from the ceiling. He jumped just in time, being saved from danger!
(NO MOVE GIVEN)

(M)
Energy: 57 +1 ATK +1 SPD

(F)
Health: 58
Energy: 58

Ref Notes:
Brick Break's accuracy roll was 21, with 1-50 hitting.
Ice Beam's accuracy roll was 74, with 1-25 hitting.

Furret, your moves please.
Old October 13, 2011, 06:20:51 AM
Cyndaquil

Ferra, use Swagger, then use Ice Punch if you can tell where Tyrant is. If you still can't find him, use Focus Blast.
Old October 16, 2011, 12:03:12 PM
Kyurem

Man, these rocks...we'll have to Dig! If you can manage to find Ferra then use Iron Head, but if not, then use Dragon Dance a second time.

Dig ~ Iron Head/Dragon Dance
Old October 18, 2011, 06:19:20 PM
Kyurem

Pokémon Sprite 246
(M)
Energy: 57 +1 ATK +1 SPD
Swagger~Ice Punch/Focus Blast

Pokémon Sprite 162
(F)
Health: 58
Energy: 58
Dig~Iron Head/Dragon Dance

Ferra started glowing a bright red in the dark shadows of the cave. She started running all over trying to find Tyrant. Once she found him, she started circling around him, yelling out various things at him.
At first, she started insulting his battle technique. Then, out of nowhere, she complimented him, saying he was such a great warrior.
This made Tyrant aggravated and confused at the same time.
Why would she be two-faced like that?
Furret: -4 Energy Larvitar: CONFUSED for 5 turns +1 ATK

Tyrant's head started spinning and throbbing. He started to hear low voices in his head that were quite difficult to ignore.
He endured both the pain and the crazy voices for the time being.
Uhhh... I was supposed to Dig right? B-but where? That big rock? No, no. It was the soft ground.. Haha! It was the big rock, you imbecile!
Tyrant finally gave up and listened to his voices. He rammed straight into the rock, his hands out, ready to dig.

THWACK! He hit his head hard on the rock as he fell on the floor in a daze.
Larvitar: -10 Energy -6 Health; CONFUSED for 4 more turns

Ferra chuckled as the silly creature hurt himself.
She knew this was her chance to get in for an attack. She charged in towards him, her small arms out in front of her.
Her arms started getting cold, forming small ice crystals on them.
She smacked her fists into Tyrant, sending him against the wall with a loud OOMPH!
Right as he hit the wall, a large rock came falling down right on Ferra!
Furret: -6 Energy -4 Health Larvitar: -11 Health

Tyrant shook off the daze from the previous attack. He could feel a bruise forming on his side. He tried looking for the ferret in the pitch black darkness. Luckily, he was quite adapted to the darkness.
He charged towards a large figure in the distance, hoping it was Ferra.
He hit the figure hard with a hard, iron head.
He heard a small squeal as he hit the figure, knowing he succeeded.
Tyrant: -10 Energy; CONFUSED for 3 more turns Furret: -11 Health

Pokémon Sprite 246
(M)
Health: 63
Energy: 37
+2 ATK +1 SPD; CONFUSED for 3 more turns

Pokémon Sprite 162
(F)
Health: 43
Energy: 48
[/CENTER]

Furret~*, your moves please.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 24, 2014 at 02:37:18 PM.
Old October 23, 2011, 06:25:58 PM
Kyurem

Furret, you have 48 hours to post your moves, or else you will be disqualified.
Old October 26, 2011, 06:30:33 PM
Kyurem

Furret is disqualified due to not posting their moves in the given time limit.
GPFTW wins by disqualification.