Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

View Poll Results: How many players do you want? ; Should we enable Dr. Nakabachi?
30+ Players ; Enable Dr. Nakabachi 0 0%
25 Players ; Enable Dr. Nakabachi 0 0%
20 Players ; Enable Dr. Nakabachi 0 0%
15 Players ; Enable Dr. Nakabachi 0 0%
30+ Players ; Disable Dr. Nakabachi 0 0%
25 Players ; Disable Dr. Nakabachi 0 0%
20 Players ; Disable Dr. Nakabachi 1 100.00%
15 Players ; Disable Dr. Nakabachi 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old March 8, 2013, 07:30:08 PM
Servine

Default Steins;Gate Mafia

I have decided to host a mafia game on this forum and I welcome you all to come and participate. For those of you who don't know, mafia is a party game that was developed in the Soviet Union. This variation of mafia is set in the universe of Steins;Gate, which is an anime and visual novel franchise by 5pb. and Nitroplus. Apparently I'm not the first person to host a Steins;Gate themed mafia game, though I did come up with this rule-set. Hat tip.

If you would like to be on the list of replacements, please post /replacement in bold. Replacements will replace a player if they quit the game or go idle for more than 72 hours during a day cycle or 48 hours during a night cycle. This game requires that you be active at least once every two days, preferably more often. If you don't have the time to play, please do not sign up, thank you!

If you have any questions please use the green font.
The blue font is reserved for actions by the host.

How to Play
Anyone interested in playing should post /in in this thread before the game starts. After we have enough players, I will PM everyone with their respective roles, which will be chosen at random. It is always a good idea to keep your role secret. If you are part of the town you should do everything you can to root out members of the mafia. If you are part of the mafia, you should do everything you can to convince everyone else that you are part of the town.

When the game starts there will be a day phase that will last for 72 hours, the day phase will start and end at 9 PM (three days later). During the day phase all players can cast doubts on their fellow citizens and vote to lynch one player. Once the day phase has ended, all of the votes will be tallied and the person with the most votes against them will be killed by the town. If ##Vote: No Lynch has the highest votes, then no player will be lynched that day.

Next begins the night phase which will last 48 hours, beginning at 9 PM and ending at 9 PM two days later. At night all players who have roles (everyone except Mayuri Shiina, Innocents and the Rounders) should PM me with how they would like to exercise their role; if you don't send me a PM, I will assume you do NOT wish to use your ability. DO NOT POST YOUR ROLE ACTIONS IN THIS THREAD. During this time Moeka Kiryū and the Rounders will vote amongst themselves on who they would like to kill; they can opt to kill nobody. A private QuickTopic will be created for the CERN faction to communicate in privately. If we are playing with Dr. Nakabachi enabled, then during this time he may opt to kill someone by PMing me who he wishes to kill.

When the day phase occurs again I will announce the results of the night phase, such as any players who have been killed. Once a player has been killed, I will announce what their alignment and role was. After which the day period would last another 72 hours, during which players would vote just like the previous day. The night period would begin after the 72 hours, during which players may exercise their roles and the CERN players may decide on another player to kill. This cycle will continue until either one of three outcomes has been achieved:
  • Future Gadget Lab Victory: All CERN players and Dr. Nakabachi have been eliminated.
  • CERN Victory: All Future Gadget Lab members, innocents and Dr. Nakabachi have been eliminated.
  • Dr. Nakabachi Victory: All other players have been eliminated.

Rules Inspired by those of TL Mafia.
  • Voting is done in this thread. Do not PM me with your vote.
  • Vote by posting ##Voter: Player in bold.
  • No conditional voting (requiring conditions be met).
  • You may only vote for living players in the game. You may vote for yourself.
  • In the event of a tie, the player who received the most votes first will be eliminated.
  • You may undo your vote by posting ##Unvote in bold.
  • You may vote against lynching anyone by posting ##Vote: No Lynch in bold.
  • You may not send PMs to other players regarding the game. If you suspect someone, call them out in this thread.
  • You may not edit your posts. This is one of the few cases in which double posting is okay.
  • If you have been eliminated, please stop participating in the game. However, you may post one goodbye message in this thread.
  • Voting is mandatory for all players!

Player Roles
Rintarou Okabe (Detective)
Each night you will be able to check the alignment of one person. This information will be known only to you. If you wish to check a player's alignment, send me a PM during the night phase with the name of the player whose alignment you wish to check. If you are killed, then your role will be transferred to Kurisu Makise. You win if all CERN players are eliminated.

Kurisu Makise (Assistant Detective)
You are Rintarou Okabe's replacement, should (s)he happen to be killed. Until Rintarou Okabe is killed (which will be publicly announced), you will go to sleep and act as a normal town member. After Rintarou Okabe dies, you will assume all of his abilities and responsibilities. You win if all CERN players are eliminated.

Mayuri Shiina (Survivor)
The first time you are targeted for death, you will survive, though all players will know your role. However any subsequent attacks on you will result in your death. You win if all CERN players are eliminated.

Itaru Hashida (Roleblocker)
Through your hacking skills, you can block one player from using their special ability each night. If you wish to roleblock someone, send me a PM during the night phase with the name of the player you wish to roleblock. You win if all CERN players are eliminated.

Ruka Urushibara (Guardian)
Through your prayers you can shield one player each night from being killed. This will not protect them from being lynched during the day. If you wish to protect someone, send me a PM during the night phase with the name of the player you wish to protect. You win if all CERN players are eliminated.

Innocent (Vanilla Town)
Your only remarkable trait is that you have no remarkable traits. During the day you can discuss and vote on who you think might be a CERN operative; at night you sleep. You win if all CERN players are eliminated.

Moeka Kiryū (Roleblocker)
Each night you have the ability to block one player from using their special ability. If you wish to roleblock someone, send me a PM during the night phase with the name of the player you wish to roleblock. You can also decide on who to assassinate with the Rounders. You win if CERN players outnumber the town.

Rounders (Goon)
Each night you and your cohorts can agree on one player to eliminate. You will also agree on who will carry out the killing. During the night phase you must agree amongst yourselves and with Moeka Kiryū on who you wish to kill, you can choose to kill nobody if you wish. You win if CERN players outnumber the town.

Dr. Nakabachi (Serial Killer) - optional
You are a serial killer and it is your mission to eliminate all players, regardless of affiliation. If you wish to kill someone, you must PM me with their name during the night phase. You win if you are the last man standing.

Player List

Replacements List

Last edited by Saigon; March 11, 2013 at 10:38:33 AM.