Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 25, 2012, 03:05:51 PM
Regigigas

Default Some changes on the VR server

With the addition of Multiverse, I have been able to tweak the server more to the way we've been wanting for some time now. At this moment we have five worlds loaded, each with their own set of tweaks and additions, which I will list below.
  • Each world has its own spawn, but using /spawn will always take you to VictoryRoad spawn.
  • Portals can be made between any two points. Each player will be allowed one portal link [preferrably from a home in VictoryRoad to a home in OldWorld]. Each additional portal link will cost something, most likely one or more blocks of emeralds.
  • Chat will have a suffix showing which world you are in. The two main worlds have color codes showing which dimension of that main world you currently are in [blue for the overworld, red for the nether, dark purple for the End].
  • The eight towers dotted along the edge of OldWorld contain warp squares within them. Standing on these squares will teleport you back to OldWorld spawn. The trip is one-way and instantaneous, so caution must be used near these towers.
  • Be sure to let me know once you finish a frame leading to the End. The addition of Multiverse Portals broke the traditional behavior of the portal, so I will have to create a new portal to override it.
  • The biomes on OldWorld are a bit messed up, most likely due to the world generation being the current one. An example is my house is now a jungle biome . Expect odd weather in some places and maybe ocelots in your home.

When you are ready for me to create your one free portal, leave me a note. Remember that you only get one for free, and positions of these portals are final. I will not move them from the spot you chose to place them.

Last edited by Shade; September 25, 2012 at 03:13:58 PM.
Old September 25, 2012, 03:11:53 PM
Shaymin

Does everyone's portal have to link to the old world, or is there an exception to those like me who never had anything in the first world.
Old September 26, 2012, 04:10:57 AM
Regigigas

Portals can link anywhere, be from anywhere, to anywhere. A portal from one home to a second home on one world is acceptable for example.

Note I said "preferred", not "required"

Last edited by Shade; September 26, 2012 at 04:12:00 AM.