Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 18, 2013, 07:57:28 AM
Rayquaza

Default Rumors Thread

There have been a lot of rumors spreading around about X and Y ever since since one person told the Pokebeach web mater the correct names for the pokemon that were just revealed.

That and a lot of people get into deep conversations about fakes on this site.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:09:30 AM

I think one of the biggest rumors is the Fairy type- Sylveon is believed to be a Fairy type. The type matchups for Fairy were also mentioned: Immune to Dragon, is Super Effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, is weak to Poison and Steel, and Fire and Psychic types take half damage from Fairy attacks.

Again, this is just a rumor. Nothing is confirmed at this point.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:24:02 AM
Rayquaza

Most of the rumors I've seen have placed Fairy as one of the first 4 gym types.

I've also seen a rumor that said the Elite Four will rely on stats of each type, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Speed for each member.

Also here is the full story about the PokeBeach "scandal".

Scandal    
Click image for larger version

Name:	rzlsVaW.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	621.8 KB
ID:	4859

Also there are now rumors they will talk about X and Y at E3

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 18, 2013 at 12:20:35 PM.
Old May 25, 2013, 12:38:05 PM
Regigigas

I hope I'm not the only one disappointed by this "Fairy" type. Normal type generally covers that plus other Pokemon that could even have their own type like sound and, to an extent, Light. I like the to think that Psychic = Light.

Other than that, I'm off topic. I dun have any rumors. D:

Last edited by Sub-zero; May 25, 2013 at 12:38:27 PM.
Old May 25, 2013, 01:23:35 PM
Haxorus

Fairy type just sounds plain weird...
Old May 26, 2013, 05:24:02 PM
Regigigas

It seems like maybe xerneus is fairy type and maybe another new type for yvelta
Old May 26, 2013, 05:39:05 PM
Administrator

This is a different kind of rumor, but given the recent announcement from Nintendo to remove the "quick start" guides from their own games, effectively removing manuals entirely, I've heard rumors that X and Y won't include manuals. Now, I know Game Freak has been pretty intent on keeping manuals in their Pokémon games, but I hope that rumor isn't true.
Old May 26, 2013, 06:53:08 PM
Rayquaza

What else are we going to read when we're using the toilet in between brakes?

Last edited by Magmaster12; May 26, 2013 at 06:53:53 PM.
Old May 31, 2013, 07:24:39 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
What else are we going to read when we're using the toilet in between brakes?
Why read on the toilet when you can play the actual game?
Old June 13, 2013, 09:53:18 AM
Rayquaza

Here's something I seriously hope is real.

The person who posted the Fairy type info was correct about a majority of the info he revealed so here's the rest that has gone unnoticed.
Spoilers    
The professor's name is Patrice. Quite odd, how this is the first professor not named after a tree.

---Gyms---
1. Bug
2. Fairy
3. Don't remember
4. Fighting

The fire starter's second type is psychic.
The grass starter's second type is fighting.
The water starter's second type is dark.

Mawile's type changes from Steel to Steel/Fairy.

They will be introducing attacks that now are dual-typed.

Fairy-types take double damage against Poison and Steel-type moves.
Fairy-types are immune to Dragon-type moves.
Fairy-type attacks are super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokémon.
Fire and Psychic-type Pokémon take half damage from Fairy-type moves.

Mewtwo gets two new formes, and each forme is gained through an item in the two different games.

New move: Draining Kiss (Fairy) - 60 power - An attack that steals HP on a one-to-one ratio.
New move: Belch (Poison) - 120 power - Your Pokémon must consume a berry first or this attack does nothing.

Players can now see their Pokémon's EV numbers at this "Super Training" location in the game. Also, you can play a minigame here to boost your Pokémon's EVs without battling. It takes about two hours to get a Pokémon from zero EVs to 510.

Most of this stuff seems likely to happen except for a second Mewtwo Forme since the Coro Coro released this month was the last one to come out before the movie.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 13, 2013 at 09:57:25 AM.
Old June 13, 2013, 12:44:16 PM
Giratina

PLEASE let those 3DSXLs be real. I've wanted a 3DSXL for a while now, and my plan is to see if there's any limited edition ones with X/Y and get one then, so I really hope this is true!
Old June 13, 2013, 03:32:57 PM
Administrator

Are those...translucent?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 13, 2013 at 03:33:19 PM.
Old June 13, 2013, 03:54:15 PM
Shaymin

I want those 3DSes to be real so much right now. I've been holding off on getting a 3DS to see if there are any colours that I like more (and I had no money when the Pikachu one came out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Are those...translucent?
It looks like they are, because if you look at the spot where the speakers are, you can see the speaker through the plastic.
Old June 13, 2013, 04:02:01 PM
Administrator

They do indeed look really cool, but I'm fine with my regular 3DS right now. My gaming fund is going towards a new system (Wii U), not one I already own.
Old June 24, 2013, 06:06:38 PM
Rayquaza

Sorry the 3DS has been revealed to be fake

Rumors have now been spread on twitter that there will also be a Dragon Eeveelution and Pikachu is getting retyped as Electric/Fairy

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 24, 2013 at 07:12:09 PM.
Old July 4, 2013, 06:12:56 AM
Rayquaza

Fake Starter Evolutions are usually common but I really like this one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12Vgsz4.png
Views:	585
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	5181  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 21, 2013 at 11:22:38 AM.
Old July 4, 2013, 06:17:07 PM
Linoone

Not sure if anyone else might have saw this. In the first X and Y trailer, I noticed something. It's not a very solid theory but I saw that Fennekin used what appears to be a psychic type move possibly Confusion or psychic, Chespin used Night Slash, and Froakie used... an electric type attack? Not sure if just a showoff of the game or they are hinting at possible types for their evolutions.

Last edited by Wolfbane5001; July 4, 2013 at 06:17:49 PM. Reason: Small grammatical error
Old July 17, 2013, 01:45:46 PM
Rayquaza

This is from a person who leaked the Gen V Pokedex before it was released.
Quote:
Pokéxperto brings you exclusive information on the upcoming Pokémon X and Pokémon Y again. This time we reveal the Japanese names of 14 new Pokémon, to which I add their rômaji and my notes on them.

I have decided to reveal this list which has been in my possession for some time because the list already contained Swirlix, Spritzee and Inkay (their Japanese names), which indicates the possible authenticity of these names. As always, as long as Game Freak does not confirm these names, there is a chance that these names are not finally those of new Pokémon, so take this with a grain of salt.

Jp. Name | Translation | Registrar
ニャオニクス Nyaonikusu 亀井 せい子
マーイーカ Inkay 亀井 せい子
ハリボーグ Hariboogu 今 智司
ゲコガシラ Gekogashira 今 智司
トリミアン Torimian 今 智司
テールナー Teerunaa 今 智司
ボルケニオン Borukenion 山田 節子
ジガルデ Jigarude 有限会社古谷特許研究所
ブリガロン Burigaron 望月 枝美子
マフォクシー Mafokushii 望月 枝美子
ゲッコウガ Gekkouga 望月 枝美子
デデンネ Dedenne 木村 加苗
ホルビー Horubii 木村 加苗
フーパ Fuupa 株式会社システマ経営研究所
ペロッパフ Swirlix 藤本 久子
ディアンシー Dianshii 青野 雅恵

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 17, 2013 at 02:00:23 PM.
Old July 18, 2013, 03:29:25 PM
Zoroark

Apparently Burigaron translates to snow wolf. A snow wolf Pokémon would be awesome!
Old July 18, 2013, 03:35:37 PM
Rayquaza

Nyaonikusu is probably a rumored Psychic type cat called Meowstick.

EDIT: Here is an explanation for the names
Spoiler Alert:    

I doubt there's going to be another deer pokemon, so I don't think that first one might be correct.

Hariboogu also has a Japanese term for a Samurai in it. Grass/Dark Samurai Starter anyone?

Gecko is Japanese term for ribbit so it's not going to be a gecko we already have one! I'm guessing it will be the big boss pokemon.

An Ice type Wolf sounds awesome by the way.

I'm hoping Fuupa is a pure flying type.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BPaQyOkCYAAiATw.png
Views:	2917
Size:	432.5 KB
ID:	5180  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 21, 2013 at 11:21:36 AM.
Old July 21, 2013, 05:42:55 AM
Magikarp

Hey. I'd like to ask a question.
pokebeach leiker person revieled two professors, Sycamore and Patrice.
Sycamore was revieled. But what about Patrice? Seems just a little weird to have two professors, not that I'll complain.
Patrice was mentioned, or at least implied, in the leak of Sycamore.
there is "another" professor, sycamore who gives you Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur.
What do you think of the Patrice roomer?
Old July 21, 2013, 07:41:30 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
Hey. I'd like to ask a question.
A Pokebeach leaker revealed two professors, Sycamore and Patrice.
Sycamore was revealed. But what about Patrice? Seems just a little weird to have two professors, not that I'll complain.
Patrice was mentioned, or at least implied, in the leak of Sycamore.
There is "another" professor, Sycamore who gives you Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur.
What do you think of the Patrice roomer?
Fix'd.

And I have a hunch that Patrice is a Bianca-like assistant, provided she exists. Or maybe she's a less credited professor and is just starting off.
Old July 28, 2013, 06:24:37 PM
Zoroark

Someone posted these on Pokéjungle. They've been confirmed as fake but here are the rumors that I hope end up being true anyway:
There are supposedly 7 legendary Pokémon: Xerneas, Yveltal, a third cover Pokémon that looks like a snake with Poison/Rock typing, a Fairy-type trio based on spirits of natures (Fire/Fairy, Water/Fairy and Ground/Fairy), and a final odd-looking Pokémon. No details on event Pokémon
A minotaur with Fairy/Fighting typing with an incredible Attack stat, it is a psuedo-legendary.
A three stage dolphin line with Water/Psychic typing
A fire ant line that consists of three Pokémon, Bug/Fire
Another three stage line with Dark typing based on jaguars
Electric/Dark Cheetah
Mawile, Sableye, Farfetch’d, Dunsparce and Qwilfish all receive evolutions
Orot is Grass/Ghost type
Fairy is super effective against Dragon, Dark and Fighting. It is weak to Steel, Ice and Poison
Utter Darkness is a Dark-type version of Earthquake
Old July 28, 2013, 06:33:03 PM
Rayquaza

Most of the rumors lately have seemed more like fan wishes then actual well though out discoveries.

Like nearly every one of these lists new evolutions and an eeveelution.
Old July 29, 2013, 04:17:52 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Most of the rumors lately have seemed more like fan wishes then actual well though out discoveries.

Like nearly every one of these lists new evolutions and an eeveelution.
Well, probably cause most even numbered games have introduced new evolutions from prior games. Mawile getting an evo... Lol, Eviolite/Stockpile Mawile is gonna be OP. Maybe.
Old August 12, 2013, 08:24:08 AM
Rayquaza

Update on this, it includes Dedenne and Bunnelby's Japanese name.

So yeah this is most likely true.
Old September 12, 2013, 03:19:23 AM
Rayquaza

Dianshii
Borukenion
Burigaron
Jigarude
Fuupa
Gekkouga - This is prabably the final evoltuion of Froakie and it's probably a Ninja Frog. Geko = Japanese for Ribbit. Kouga = Poison Ninja Gym Leader
Teerunaa

Also aparently IGN leaked this new lion pokemon.
Spoiler Alert:    

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 12, 2013 at 06:12:59 AM.
Old September 23, 2013, 05:25:35 PM
Rayquaza

PokeBeach posted new rumors.

Spoilers    
Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an "adorable" pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.

A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.

A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn't remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like "Apparachnid." He thinks it may have an evolution.
There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.
Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.

Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.
Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.

Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi's line.

Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.

Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.
Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare's signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.

The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you've set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.

The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn't in stereoscopic 3D. ) It starts off with Yveltal's cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal's shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It's a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.

On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.
Old September 24, 2013, 12:45:12 AM
Kyurem

On twitter some guy i guess got to play Y version for about an hour, and he said right the start u get to run around, and he also said that in the first few areas of the begining of the game will have past generation pokemon mixed with the 6th gen pokes. Also again he said that the towns that have poke centers will have them 5th gen style centers with change clothes section, and that towns that dont have centers will just sell pokeballs and potion like a normal pokemart.
Old September 24, 2013, 03:36:05 AM
Rayquaza

That stuff has been known for a while especially the running thing.
Old September 27, 2013, 03:27:56 PM
Rayquaza

The game is out to most reviewers all over the world now so there is a slight chance we'll start getting leaks soon.

Here are some photos including one of the Pokemon Center.

http://kingchiggy.tumblr.com/post/62...on-centers-and

According to Bulbanews Now

The embargo on reviews is apparently October 4th, however apparently a lot of information will remain embargoed until release day.

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 27, 2013 at 03:33:06 PM.