Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 5, 2014, 08:53:01 AM

Default Least Favorite Pokemon?

Here are my top five least favorite ones:

1. Altaria: I honestly think this Pokemon has one of the worst designs. It's a full-blue bird that's mostly covered by clouds and uses said clouds as wings. I thought it looked cool at first, but then I saw it in the 3D games. It's weak, and also annoyingly bulky.
2. Bouffalant: I don't like that this thing was based primarily on a hairstyle, I think it looks rediculous. Apart from that, it never seems to die in just one hit. Did I mention that one of its attacks is called 'Afro Break' in Japanese?
3. Pikachu: I want to blame the anime for this one being on my dislike list. Particularly from the Gen 3 anime and on, Pikachu isn't devious anymore and he seems to be more whiny. I also don't like how the entire franchise is based off of just him.
4. Diggersby: I have major issues with its design. It's too fat compared to Bunnelby and its ear-arms are disturbing. It also has one of the most disgusting Pokemon cries in my opinion.
5. Burmy: I never was crazy about its design. I think the biggest issue for me was its mouth. It also looks creepy when it doesn't have any leaves on.
Name:  498.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  11.4 KB
Old March 5, 2014, 09:05:01 AM
Keldeo

I'm usually pretty positive about Unova's diversity, but I have to question Trubbish and Garbodor.

They're bloody garbage bags that are bursting at the seams.

You're joking, right?

Honorable mention goes to Pikachu (the world is oversaturated with the thing), the Lake Trio (Sinnoh had too many legendaries to begin with, and with these they didn't even bother to give them different types or abilities), Glailie (it's the epitome of "pointless") and Feebas (Milotic's a cool Pokémon and all, but they made it WAY harder to obtain than it's worth. Even in Gen V, it was kind of a pain to get one.)
Old March 5, 2014, 09:37:08 AM
Volcarona

I'd have to go with kirlia and gothitelle's line. I'm just not a fan of girly looking Pokemon that can be males.
Old March 5, 2014, 09:37:58 AM
Volcarona

Not even sure if Gothitelle's line can be male, but either way I find it very unnappealing. Oh and Aromatisse.
Old March 5, 2014, 10:07:24 AM
Celebi

5. Muk
Ugly shade of purple, overall ugly. It is meant to be ugly as well, but that doesn't make it un-ugly.

4. Pyroar Female
Really not a fan. I don't like hair like that IRL either. Looks ugly.

3. Aromatisse
For taking Spritzee's potential and crushing, grinding and burning it.

2. Jynx
Ew I don't even what

1. Hoopa
Such a great type combo... such a hideous thing.
Old March 5, 2014, 10:53:28 AM
Administrator

The kami trio used to be pretty low on the list of interesting Pokémon prior to the addition of their Therian formes. Oddly, I do like the lake trio.

I'm not too fond of Pokémon that are created to be useless, like most of the babies. The only reason those exist is for them to have more cuteness appeal.

I'd have more to say, but my mind has gone blank and focused on an upcoming exam.
Old March 5, 2014, 11:47:55 AM
Rayquaza

Bronzong, whenever I see this thing I almost always loose plus it has a lazy design and it's just annoying.
Old March 5, 2014, 12:05:49 PM
Floatzel

Furfrou. I liked the idea of a customizeable poodle until I saw its natural look's face. It looks like it wants to rip me limb from limb for even thinking of styling it.
Old March 5, 2014, 12:26:06 PM
Zoroark

Luvdisc. Just, *long sigh* Luvdisc. Baby Pokemon except Pichu, for Volt Tackle), and some scattered others that dont come to mind
Old March 5, 2014, 01:22:24 PM
Linoone

Heatran.
I just outright hate its design. It's an ugly as sin creature and I just despise looking at it.
Old March 5, 2014, 02:44:33 PM
Giratina

5. All babies (Gen II, I'm looking at you.) What better way to promote breeding than with this useless adorable Pokémon we're throwing at you? You can get it by throwing a good Pokémon into the Daycare with a Ditto!

4. Most single stage Pokémon. I don't understand, if evolution makes things better than does that mean these are already god-like? Well they're not legendaries their stats aren't impressive, so what are they for? There are rare exceptions, like Heracross and Taurafros, but things like Dunsparce and Farfetch'd kill me.

3. The Chikorita line (minus Bayleef<3). It's my least favorite grass type, even more than Jumpluff and Sunflora. I think it's the worst starter ever and the design is just unnatural.

2. Spider Pokémon. It's obvious.

1. I hate nothing more than Garchomp. Garchomp is my ultimate weakness and it never fails to constantly remind me of that. It's the most evil dragon I've ever fought, and as Sinnoh Champion Cynthia's principle Pokémon it has been in my nightmares since I started Pokémon.

Special mention goes to Black Rayquaza for annoying me more than anything in the world.
Old March 5, 2014, 02:46:32 PM
Regigigas

I see some harsh words here. I think it would be polite from using labels such as "fat." Just out of respect towards human kind.

Not fond of baby forms, though I like Cleffable. If only there were done at first and not as add ons for later games. I don't like Stunfisk, either. I'm not sure why it's footprint...
Old March 5, 2014, 02:57:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
I see some harsh words here. I think it would be polite from using labels such as "fat." Just out of respect towards human kind.

Not fond of baby forms, though I like Cleffable. If only there were done at first and not as add ons for later games. I don't like Stunfisk, either. I'm not sure why it's footprint...
Did you say... human kind? I don't think you could even say animal-kind for some Pokémon.

Stunfisk also reminded me, I don't like Pokémon that masquerade as other types. Lugia and Stunfisk are too associated with water, and Gothitelle looks like it would be a perfect Dark type. It really bothers me.
Old March 5, 2014, 03:10:02 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Did you say... human kind? I don't think you could even say animal-kind for some Pokémon.

Stunfisk also reminded me, I don't like Pokémon that masquerade as other types. Lugia and Stunfisk are too associated with water, and Gothitelle looks like it would be a perfect Dark type. It really bothers me.
Man kind, same thing. I was referring to people in general. The word "fat" is probably one of the most distorted words to date; Ranging from insult (labeled as such) to describing how one shouldn't look or be and all sorts of things. Just like words like; retarded and gay.

And I agree to your thought about the Pokemon! Armaldo should tooootaally be Steel/Bug.
Old March 5, 2014, 03:40:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Man kind, same thing. I was referring to people in general. The word "fat" is probably one of the most distorted words to date; Ranging from insult (labeled as such) to describing how one shouldn't look or be and all sorts of things. Just like words like; retarded and gay.

And I agree to your thought about the Pokemon! Armaldo should tooootaally be Steel/Bug.
Technically speaking, fat is a chemical compound, a type of lipid. It stores energy and provides structure and is also incredibly attractive. It's actually a healthy thing to have fat, which would mean I'm technically unhealthy because my body is almost 0% fat. So I see fat as more of a good thing than a bad thing. I hate it when words are reappropriated negatively. I could go on about this for hours...

I usually forgive fossil Pokémon for whatever odd typing they might have. Since they're preservatives of ancient life reanimated, I assume they don't perfectly match whatever they were like in their age and so that's why rock is always tacked on.
Old March 5, 2014, 04:06:24 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Technically speaking, fat is a chemical compound, a type of lipid. It stores energy and provides structure and is also incredibly attractive. It's actually a healthy thing to have fat, which would mean I'm technically unhealthy because my body is almost 0% fat. So I see fat as more of a good thing than a bad thing. I hate it when words are reappropriated negatively. I could go on about this for hours...

I usually forgive fossil Pokémon for whatever odd typing they might have. Since they're preservatives of ancient life reanimated, I assume they don't perfectly match whatever they were like in their age and so that's why rock is always tacked on.
You're right, because that is what it is. However, your own personal view is not that of the world's view. Pay respect to those who are looked down on for being overweight, which is usually something they have a VERY hard time overcoming. Fight for those who suffer and refrain from using such terrible words such as "fat" and "retarded." There's a pretty big list of words. Few being inappropriate for this forum that are generally thrown around, too. It's just bad and such a shame seeing how society has downgraded itself. We should have a society thread. I'm gonna make one. BRB.

That's so lazy, though. Lazy for their effectiveness. Armaldo would be great if it didn't have either Rock or Bug. But both combined is just bad.
Old March 9, 2014, 10:28:38 AM
Mudkip

I highly dislike Heatmor. I feel like it was just a waste of what another Pokemon could have been. There is nothing special when it comes to stats, moves, or design. It doesn't evolve or have a pre-evolution. I think that Heatmor is very ugly, design and color wise. The Pokemon just urks me *-_-
Old March 11, 2014, 04:23:49 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaphy72 View Post
I highly dislike Heatmor. I feel like it was just a waste of what another Pokemon could have been. There is nothing special when it comes to stats, moves, or design. It doesn't evolve or have a pre-evolution. I think that Heatmor is very ugly, design and color wise. The Pokemon just urks me *-_-
What about that shiny sprite though?