Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 26, 2012, 09:14:46 PM
Zoroark

Default The Power of the Sun is in my Forehead!

So yeah, I wanted to post something simple about V-Create and how it got expanded out to Rayquaza. He's not who I want to talk about though.

I recently started brainstorming with a friend about other possible Pokes that could make excellent use of the attack whether or not they'll actually get to learn it.

Then we got to Blaziken.

Specifically, Speed Boost Blaziken.

Now most of us should know how powerful and scary this Pokemon already is. It's main counter in ubers (in fact its only safe counter) is Giratina and even that can't stand up very easily to it.

The typical moveset goes like this for the current Speed Boostiken:

Protect
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick
Sword Dance/Shadow Claw

There's variations, but under the sun and with a lucky SD boost, this thing wins so much.

I suggest "tweaking" the moveset a little so it looks more like this:

Protect
V-Create
HJK
Sword Dance/Shadow Claw

See what I did there? I'm suggesting that Blaziken receive this most awesome move as well.

Here's my justification:

1) He's already considered "uber." Can't use him in standard play according to Smogon with Speed Boost. If he has V-Create, it only justifies it that much more.

2) Rayquaza (and I know a lot of us think it too) was really bizarre to even get this move. The only realistic justification is because of the "V" shape on his head. By this standard, Blaziken has as much right to this move and more because he's also a fire type.

There are other theoretical reasons, but my favorite is the calculations. Even under rain, with one Sword Dance and including SR and spikes, you can kill Kyogre in two hits with V-Create ALONE! If you use a good calculator online, you'll find that it just "barely" brings down the behemoth to 50% or so. HJK could easily finish him, but the fact that you can 2HKO one of the Bulkiest waters in existence is quite staggering.

In general, here's how you use it:

When he comes into something he can handle, you either Sword Dance (probably not as often) or Protect to net a speed boost. Then, when V-Create is your choice, you use it and, instead of a major drain of HP (coupled with LO and SR), you only lose defenses and speed...except you don't lose speed because of Speed Boost!

In summary, you basically get a fire-based Close Combat on Blaziken but with the added benefit of extra base Power AND being powerful under the sun.

This thing is scary guys. I totally want this thing to get made for the general public so that the true power of this Pokemon can be fully realized.

Your thoughts.

Last edited by Justjack91; January 26, 2012 at 09:15:07 PM.
Old January 26, 2012, 09:17:15 PM
Cyndaquil

Note: he has been thinking about this really since the V-Create Rayquaza event was announced. Only recently has he been getting super passionate about it after talking to our friend.

Also:

Vboostiken.