Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 16, 2012, 08:27:07 AM
Shaymin

Default Far far away. (RP)

*The radio system comes one with loud frizzy noises* "Distress Call 64...I've...I've been stuck in this...unknown place for three months it seems....All but a few of my shipmates have been either killed...or they committed suicide...They could not handle brutalities of this place...This....planet...is not earth...The sun never rises...and the moon never falls...we are searched for and hunted by...by creatures not known to exist....large.....strange.....dangerous...things. We search continuously...hoping to find survivors...or anyone else who has been stranded here like us...This is Captain Mark Illmran...If anyone can hear us... we need help..." *Radio transitions to only feedback*

As the survivors of the crash as been doing for many weeks now, we have been exploring, walking the land. We move camp every night, well, hen we sleep. We stop walking to rest when we all agree, because we never know how long the darktimes or the lighttimes will be. It is hard to work like this, but we have got used to it.

We have had many encounters with other, various life forms. They are things that no one on Earth would be able to explain. People have died, and received wounds from the encounters. There are only 6 of us now: Me (Mark), David, Stephen, Kate, Rose, and Richard. Almost always these creatures are dangerous, but sometimes they are not, that is the best way we get food.

Food, though, is scarce. There are a few times were we have found plants baring fruit. That is when we feast. We must stock up on food then because we know that we must keep moving.

There are only 6 of us now: Me (Mark), David, Stephen, Kate, Rose, and Richard.

Now it is a darktime and the 6 of us have agreed it is time to sleep. "David, would you please take the first watch?"

(Hey sorry for the slow and boring start, but it will get better. And Idno, if you don't want to be the one responsible for them taking us... Then let in your post wake me up )

Last edited by teamplasma; July 16, 2012 at 03:50:56 PM.
Old July 16, 2012, 04:46:24 PM
Landorus

"David, would you please take the first watch?"

David replied with a straightforward "Yes Sir," and the other members went to their makeshift shelters to go to sleep. David had often been picked for first watch, due to his late-sleeping habits. There was also the fact that many of the nocturnal beasts that roamed the forests woke up at about this time, and were hungry for breakfast. David was arguably the most combat-proficient of the remaining crew, and this fact has saved them on occasion. Another reason was that his robotic eye could see in the pitch-black darktime, so they wouldn't have to start a fire until the second watch.

He took a bite of one of the fruits they had harvested. It was a mossy green color, had the shape of a pair, and was very juicy. It was also very bitter.
David hated bitter things.
However, this was all he'd been provided. The rest of the food was to be saved until lighttime arrived. He wouldn't dare eat any of it before then.
That would be stupid.
He spent the next hour or so thinking. Planning. Pondering. So far the exploration of this planet has been nothing but a big dice game. Whether or not anyone survived as all left to chance.
He hated games of chance.
He longed for something different. To go home, to find civilization, to make civilization, to die, anything to get him out of this bare-minimum existence. His mind wandered further. He thought of who he would have to protect, or who would snap first. Sterling was calm enough, but David could see something in him. Something nasty. He reminded him of his brother back home; laid-back, but holding back dark things. With Sterling's build, he could overpower one of the women and...

David caught himself mid-thought. His mind tended to wander when he was bored. It was a good habit for an artistic mind, but art wasn't something they need now. He needs to think practically and trust his comrades. He figured enough time has passed and it was time to go to sleep. He returned to the area that represented the men's sleeping area and tapped Mark with his left arm. "My watch is up." he said, waiting for a response.

(A few things; sorry this is just a little character development post for me. I don't know how the aliens would take our band, so I can't really make a decision for sure.
Sorry if my narrative style is different than TP's. His is more of a leader's perspective and my character is a bit of a loner.)
Old July 16, 2012, 05:15:59 PM
Shaymin

Mark jumped a little when David woke him. To make sure he didn't wake any of his companions from their slumber he just patted David on the back to symbolize gratitude. He wasn't too verbal with his inner feelings, but he always knew that David was like his right hand man, and could trust him through whatever.

Mark walked a couple of yard from the others and constructed a fire. It didn't take long before he ignited it and was read to take watch. There wasn't ever much to do but plan and think when you had duty. He planned where they might head for the next lighttime, and things like that during this time. And he thought about who might be good at doing what jobs. There was always boredom involved in the shifts. Mark found a long, very hard, thin stick (it seemed) on the ground and fiddled with it. He then took a knife out of his knapsack and started to contort the rod. There was some thick liquid inside of it. He didn't trust anything enough to drink the strange substance. He found out that the stick made a great torch. It came in handy when he heard something like a swoosh on the rocky ground. He flung the rod around to try to see what it is. But it there was nothing at all. So he turned back to sit at the fire. For what felt like just one minute there was nothing. But everything went disarray. A zapping sound came from the other side of the camp, and a glowing beam of light hit where Richard lay. And then one shot at Kate.

"HEY!" Mark yelled at what seemed to be the source. He was flabbergasted, he didn't really think of what to say. A shot came at him but it only grazed his shoulder. But it was weird because that shoulder went numb. No, it was more then numb. It was dead. Another beam hit Stephen, then David. There was a pause for the briefest time. Then barely missed him again. "HEY! WHO ARE YOU!" A shot it Rose. Finally Mark came at the shooter, but even before he could get a glimpse of the thing one shot him in the chest and then like his shoulder he went numb. A black over took his vision.

(Everyone, I will post the first post of the jail ASAP. But it is getting too late for he to have time right now.)
Old July 17, 2012, 04:47:26 PM
Shaymin

Marks vision slowly came back. When his vision came back be noticed that he was in something like a prison cell. The walls where grey with a small about of plant life growing in the crack of the rocks. The walls were made of a rock that looked very very compacted and hard. They were in a very even and in a patterned in a neat manner. It was about 10' by 10'. Very compact. There wasn't even a bed, nowhere to do his business. But for one of the balls was a luminescent, blue, transparent window. One could see out of it, but with a blue tint. Mark walked up to it to figure it out. He slammed his fist on it and of course it shocked him and made him hit the back wall. Mark yelled at the nothingness.

Mark's eyes regained even more focus. Through the zappy window he could now see the other cells. The three that he could see in front of him went like this, from left to right were Stephen, David, and Rose. Mark looked at them and they all seemed to be mostly still in the slumber. Mark wonder where was Kate and Richard. He put his face close to the window and said, "Kate, Richard. Are you here?"
Old July 17, 2012, 05:07:26 PM
Kyurem

Kate slowly woke up. Expecting some sort of order she moaned and asked "What?" Once her vision had cleared, she noticed that she was in some sort of jail cell. As she had just woken up, it took a while for her to process everything. "...The hell are we?"
Old July 17, 2012, 05:39:59 PM
Shaymin

Before anyone could answer Mark, Kate woke up. He waited until he knew should would understand him. At least she was okay.

"Kate, last night... We were taken. These things shot us with paralyzers and I assume brought us here. But I don't know where this is. Looks like we found what we were looking for though." Mark sat at the back end of the miniature cell. "Hey don't touch the window... It hurts."
Old July 17, 2012, 05:59:51 PM
Kyurem

Kate sighed. "About damn time something went horribly wrong though, isn't it?"
Old July 17, 2012, 06:34:09 PM
Shaymin

Mark chuckled. "But god knows what will happen next." Then he closed his eyes and waited for something else to happen. It wasn't like him to just sit there and wait. He usually was what people had to prepare for. He was the one in charge. But even he know that there wasn't anything to do now. But wait for an opening and strike.

(I am kinda waiting for other people to develop their character right now. One could start to try to work their creature into this right now But I do have things planned to happen.)
Old July 17, 2012, 07:34:17 PM
Landorus

David woke silently. "Dammit," he cursed under his breath. "This is my fault. If I'd just stayed on watch a little longer..." he stopped himself and thought for a moment. "Look at me, thinking I'm so important." He noticed the captain and Kate were awake through his window. "Reporting in for consciousness." he said facetiously. He slumped against the wall of his spherical cell. His mind wandered again, this time to more pleasurable thoughts. At least they were in lawful hands, or so he assumed. He might as well enjoy the relaxation time until someone shows up. He felt the wall with his left hand. It felt smooth, and very hard, like polished marble. He may be able to use his right arm to cut his way out, but the risk was too great. Too many things could go wrong. He decided to be a good little boy and behave himself. Maybe he'll be let out early for good behavior.
Old July 17, 2012, 09:45:56 PM
Giratina

Stephen woke with a fright. He had an awful nightmare where his friends all abandoned him and he was left alone for the rest of his life. But it seemed his current situation was even worse, as he was in a strange area, even stranger than the camp the rest of the crew were at. While at first he felt alone like in the dream, he found a window and looked through it. He saw David, Mark, and Kate, and assumed the others were okay, too. The voice inside of him was calm for now, but he knew that at any moment it would spring up and claim him in a bleak moment such as this. "Hey guys! Doing just peachy over here!" He called out from his cell. There was little he could do now other than sit back, relax, and have fate decide the next move for him. He reached in to his pocket for his little gadget he likes to tinker with occasionally and twirled it through his fingers, his eyes watchful of his surroundings, but with a warm smile on his face...
Old July 18, 2012, 08:12:56 AM
Shaymin

Mark stood up and leaned against the same wall us just sat to. "Glad to hear from you, Shephen." Mark wasn't himself, he showed defeat, because he was. But that still wasn't like him, in the worst times, Mark was still fighting! And just because of this he had given up, Mark, himself knew that that was sad. "Now that y'all are awake I will tell you what happened... And only once will you hear it!" Mark never wanted to relive it after this, so this had to be the last time. "During the darktime, when I was on watch, there was a creature. It's whole being was masked by the dark. It didn't seem to be with anyone. It shot us with a ray that paralyzed us and made our vision go bad. If you were asleep, then you wouldn't remember the icy stabs that the thing sent through you. It made where ever you were hit go dead. I guess if it hit you in the chest it stopped your whole body." That made Mark realize that the shoulder that they had shot was still numb, unlike the rest of his body. He continued, "We were taken here. And I don't know where this is, or what they want from us. I do know that no one makes a move until we all talk it over. Okay? I don't even know when you are going to able to walk around again."

Thats when a noise came from down the corridor. No one could see it because it was so far away. Mark signaled the others not to talk and just listen to it. Then something came into view. It wasn't as repulsive as some of the other things on this planet. But it was really weird. It had a very large slug with a rat-like face; two small arms like a dinosaur; it's base (or where it inched [like a slug does, I would call it feet but it doesn't have any]) Was small and round, about the size of the rest of its body. It was a gold-brown, with red dashed scattered on its belly. It had a white stripe where it's spin should be. And for an earthlings perspective, it wasn't wearing cloths. It look at Mark viciously. Then it stared down the rest of the crew (he assumed) in their cells. It set a small silver circle with a blue indented dot on its "neck".

"Welcome." The blue dot flashed as his lips moved to different words. It must be a translator.

Mark laughed like a crazy man. "Nice house you got here". It didn't seem to care about Mark, or maybe it didn't know what he was saying.

"You may call me Gorphiss. I am the section Wf21 Inspector." Now with the two sentences that the voice was robotic, so it was a translator. "You are in a prison, you will be kept here until we see fitted, then you will die."

"You're being a little frank, don't you think?" Mark said to himself.

"You are here because you have trespassed on our territory. We also do not know what you are, and why you are here. you will be tested and interrogated and examined until you are no use to us. If you attempt to escape, you will be eliminated. You are no use to us. You are nothing, and we don't need you. Know that. I will ba back to take you to testing soon." Then he took the translator of his "neck" and inched away from us...

Last edited by teamplasma; July 18, 2012 at 12:38:05 PM.
Old July 18, 2012, 09:16:34 AM
Kyurem

Kate sighed. "Well, we may as well make the most of the time we've got left." She had a tendency to look straight past any disasters.
Old July 19, 2012, 04:47:59 PM
Shaymin

Mark laughed once again at Kate's remark. He had always admired how funny and blunt he jokes were. Sarcasm was on of the funniest kinds of humor to him. That is why Kate was like so much with the crew, because she would always so something worth laughing at.

It was silent in there, Mark kept silent because he need to think and process all of the surroundings, to plan an escape that would allow everyone in the crew to also leave. The spacing between the rocks and the ability to move them and their weight were important. There were many factors to his thoughts. He didn't show it verbally, but Mark was actually pretty smart. Another thing that he would think about is where he would go ad what he would do if he left. He couldn't go back to the style of living like before. That wouldn't work. He needed a place to stay that would get him killed, and he wasn't trying to escape or relocate all the time. But that was the hardest part to think of... where would he go?

In mid thought Mark was interrupted by the same noise as before. Everyone knew it was Slugman again. He slithered into view, same grotesque... everything. He didn't have he translator on his neck this time. Walking behind him were two, what they looked to be, bodyguards. One was a tall and slender thing with a very large cheek structure. It was a green-blue thing with brown specks. It had eyes that were masked by its eyebrow-bone, which looked like one large unibrow. The other one was shorter, still slender, but had large legs. He was also Green-blue, but he had reversed looking legs, like a frog.

"Did someone say thunder-thighs?"

One of the guards went infront of all the cells in the corridor and Thunder-Thighs went behind. Slugman pressed a button on a remote in his hand. It made all of the electric windows shut down. Mark walked out of the cell and stretched his legs. He knew to keep calm, because he was warned before about it. Most of the other went out like Mark. After everyone of them was in between the two guards, they slowly trained off

They were taken to a hallway that was very metallic. It was shiny, almost blinding. There were many doors that in the hall, too many to count at this time. The guard leading them had stopped at a door. The Slugman put everyone of us in front of a different door. Slugman put the translator on his neck. "Now, each of you will be put through a test. This test will measure brain waves and. Well. The other stuff is confidential. He will see how you react and if you pass the tests. That is all i should tell you for now." He pressed another button on the remote and the metal doors in front of us opened and revealed 6 different rooms. "Now proceed to walk through the door."

(This is where you all or tortured in a different manner. We will all meet up in our cells by waking up from another coma. So just describe what the do to you and all your emotions and such during all of that.)
Old July 19, 2012, 07:39:19 PM
Floatzel

[may i join]
Old July 19, 2012, 08:18:30 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshZek200 View Post
[may i join]
Resh, why do you always do this to me

Seriously, there is a sign ups page. But Signups are not going on right now. In case of a future event, there are sign-up for almost ALL Rps. So to not annoy people, use those. Thanks!
Old July 20, 2012, 01:56:26 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Resh, why do you always do this to me

Seriously, there is a sign ups page. But Signups are not going on right now. In case of a future event, there are sign-up for almost ALL Rps. So to not annoy people, use those. Thanks!
kay`. xD
Old July 20, 2012, 08:32:10 PM
Kyurem

(Torturing... well, that sounds fun ; also, post, other people!)

As she walked through the hallway, Kate thought. This is where it starts to get serious... She looked around for a potential escape route. There was nothing of interest except for a door leading to an elevator. She made a mental note of where it was.

She was reluctant to go into the room, but she stepped forwards anyway when ordered. There's no other choice; I have to do this. And if I'm gonna be killed, I'm gonna damn well be the first person to go.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:52:35 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
(Torturing... well, that sounds fun ; also, post, other people!)

As she walked through the hallway, Kate thought. This is where it starts to get serious... She looked around for a potential escape route. There was nothing of interest except for a door leading to an elevator. She made a mental note of where it was.

She was reluctant to go into the room, but she stepped forwards anyway when ordered. There's no other choice; I have to do this. And if I'm gonna be killed, I'm gonna damn well be the first person to go.
(Y U NO DESCRIBE WHAT HAPPENED?)
Old July 20, 2012, 09:04:23 PM
Kyurem

(truthfully I don't really know what the hell I'm doing, and it's also pretty hard for me to come up with things like that well; you can describe the "test" and then I can describe my character's feelings, etc.)
Old July 20, 2012, 09:18:33 PM
Shaymin

(All the forms of torture, or "test" as they call it, will be different. I can give you mine and then I will use another... Mine was going to be they attach wires and electrodes to his body and then medically induce sleep. In the sleep he gets tortured my his biggest fears. They were Powerlessness, Betrayal, Having to kill his family, and being confined. And those would all appear in different dreams while he slept. You can use something like that and I will come up with something new.)
Old July 21, 2012, 05:31:07 AM
Kyurem

(Alright; thanks)

The creature gestured to a bed. "Lay down." Kate followed orders, and then the creature placed a variety of electrodes on her. Well, this can't be too bad. Just sleeping, right?

She was put to sleep, rather quickly. Her first dream took place on this planet. She was running away from some creatures with the rest of the remaining crew. She didn't really think much of it, because after almost four months it was almost routine. She led the others into a cave. Not the best idea, but it worked. She pulled out a pocket flashlight, and shined it across the walls of the cave. "Okay, looks like we've lost them." There was a pause as she noticed something. "Say, this cave seems oddly like a tunnel." And indeed it did, with remarkably square walls, and it was much longer than wide or tall. All of a sudden, the entrance closed up, leaving just the light from Kate's flashlight. Then the walls started closing in. There was no way to get away from it. Most of all, Kate felt horrible guilt. If she hadn't have led the crew in here, they wouldn't be in this situation, about to be killed. Just before she was crushed, the dream vanished.

Another dream came up. It was also on this planet; in fact, they were escaping from this very building. All of the crew had just been caught right before getting outside, except for Kate. Figuring it was the best thing to do at the time, she ran. A few minutes passed before she realized what had just happened. She was the last crew member left. She didn't know what'd happened to the rest; figured they had been killed by this point. Feelings of loneliness and despair sunk in. But at the same time, she was glad that the new girl was the last one left. However, that was much overshadowed by everything else. Then, she was tackled from behind. She fell onto her stomach, and rolled over onto her back. The creature that attacked her seemed dog-like, but she didn't get a good look at it before it went at her throat, and the dream vanished.

The third dream was the shortest. It also took place on this planet. It took place directly after the last crew member died, leaving five others apart from her. Mark thought hard about the situation, before turning to Kate. "Kate," he said, "I've decided that you've become too much of a burden on us.
Kate started to panic. "...What?"
"Mmm." Mark pulled out a gun. "It's a shame I have to do this, but it would be easier if you weren't with us."
All kinds of thoughts and emotions flooded Kate in the half-second that she had left. But overpowering all of them was this: she was about to be killed by her own captain. He pulled the trigger, and Kate woke with a fright.

"The test is over," the creature said.
Old July 21, 2012, 04:58:36 PM
Landorus

(If I don't post something tomorrow, it's either because something came up, [like today] or my computer was being a dsfjasgs. AGAIN. Thanks for your patience.)
Old July 21, 2012, 11:46:09 PM
Giratina

(Ah, so that's what I'll do.)

The disgusting Slugmen, as Stephen called them, suddenly appeared outside his cell. He wasn't planning on being moved around, all he wanted was to try to get more rest to save up his strength. But it looked like it was needed right then and there. As soon as the Stephen was let out and allowed to move, he tried to book it down one of the long, chrome corridors until he got lost. Where the hell am I even going? he thought to himself. He was about to try a door when he felt a sharp pain in his back and then fell to his knees instantly. "There will be no time for escaping, test subject!" one of the Slugmen yelled through a translator.

They dragged the half conscious Stephen to a room that kind of looked like a doctor's office, only about a thousand times more futuristic and high-tech. There he was put on a bed-like object, all nice and comfortable, too. Hey, maybe I can get some damn sleep now. Stephen thought as he closed his eyes. "Your drowsy nature will only make this test go easier, smoother, and faster." the Slugman said. But Stephen didn't even care. He sang his favorite song to himself in his head as he felt strange wires being attached to his head and various other body parts. And although he wasn't fully tired, he found himself instantly slipping off in to the dream realm...

Stephen woke up in a cold sweat. He was inside of a house. Alone. Deserted like he should be. The voice inside of his head was sitting next to him on a couch; formless, yet recognizable by Stephen. He called the voice 'Aleks' based on the way it pronounced words, and that one sounded the most like a name. Aleks was fiddling with something in his hand. A knife. And then, Aleks strangely pointed to Stephen and the door behind him. In Stephen's hand was... a knife. The same knife. Covered in fresh blood. Although frightened by what this could mean, he reluctantly opened the door to find his mother, son, and wife all dead in a pile. As he examined them closely, he noticed 3 knife wounds in the same place on all 3 of them. One in the head, the other in the stomach, the third by the heart. As Stephen started to cry, thinking that he did this, Aleks got off the couch, knife in hand, and came up behind Stephen, slitting his throat...

Stephen woke up again. This time, in one of the long chrome corridors. "What the hell is this anyway, Inception? Horror Inception?" Stephen yelled. But nothing answered. There was no sign of Mark, Kate, or any Slugmen. Once again, truly alone. He slammed his fist against a door. What's there to be pissed about? This is how I should be living my life. Stephen thought. He quickly changed his attitude from upset to optimistic. Even though this is just all a dream, he can't let Aleks take over. Not even for a second. So, assuming it was a hint, him dreamwalking through the real corridor, he started going through doors, looking for the exit. In one room, however, he found Mark in a corner. "Captain! It's great to see you!" shouted Stephen as he put his hand on Mark's shoulder. And that's when Mark's head spun a perfect 180. His arms turned around without the rest of his body and they instantly wrapped around Stephen's neck. "Captain... can't... breathe..." Stephen gasped as he waved his arms at Mark. Or rather, THROUGH Mark. His body seemed to be composed of liquid, or gas. Whatever it was, Mark was untouchable. As Stephen took his last breath, he saw Aleks smiling from a reflection in Mark's eye...

As Stephen "woke up" once more, he knew his mind was being toyed with in the REAL room with the wires. But this time, he didn't awaken in a house, and not in the chrome corridor. This time, he was on a rope. And under him were the largest spiders he had ever seen. Stephen was probably the biggest arachnophobic person on the Earth. And this planet, too. Whatever he could do, one option was definitely not 'Let go.' And that's when Aleks appeared once more, right at the edge of the pit where the rope was. He had a large 'smile' on his face, or whatever you'd call it. He also had, in his left 'hand', a very VERY large blade. Sharp enough to cut through walls with relative ease. So clearly, it should be able to tear through rope, right? No. Stephen wouldn't ever allow that. Aleks can toy with him, his friends, his family, but not his arachnophobia. Stephen starting climbing up the rope madly as Aleks yawned near the top. When Stephen looked back down, he didn't see the bottom of the pit getting smaller, but instead LARGER. This is bad! This is sooo freaking bad! Stephen thought as he continued to climb wildly. Aleks stood there, still smiling, and then all of a sudden, he threw the blade at, what, 100 MPH? Straight at Stephen's arm, cutting it clean off as if it were butter. Stephen pleaded to Aleks for the first time in months to stop messing with his life, but Aleks wasn't listening. Instead, he threw the top of the rope in to the pit, Stephen along with it. He yelled extremely loudly as the large spiders crawled and felt through every inch of his body...

Stephen woke up once more, screaming at the top of his lungs. This situation felt familiar to him. Wires on his head, a semi-comfortable bed, and the Slugmen standing over him. Watching him. Stephen, being very wary of what was real, looked around frantically for Aleks. But he was nowhere to be found. He was still a being that lived within his mind as he was and always will be. Stephen allowed his muscles to relax, as the Slugman said to him "This test is over."
Old July 22, 2012, 10:53:31 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
(Ah, so that's what I'll do.)

The disgusting Slugmen, as Stephen called them, suddenly appeared outside his cell. He wasn't planning on being moved around, all he wanted was to try to get more rest to save up his strength. But it looked like it was needed right then and there. As soon as the Stephen was let out and allowed to move, he tried to book it down one of the long, chrome corridors until he got lost. Where the hell am I even going? he thought to himself. He was about to try a door when he felt a sharp pain in his back and then fell to his knees instantly. "There will be no time for escaping, test subject!" one of the Slugmen yelled through a translator.

They dragged the half conscious Stephen to a room that kind of looked like a doctor's office, only about a thousand times more futuristic and high-tech. There he was put on a bed-like object, all nice and comfortable, too. Hey, maybe I can get some damn sleep now. Stephen thought as he closed his eyes. "Your drowsy nature will only make this test go easier, smoother, and faster." the Slugman said. But Stephen didn't even care. He sang his favorite song to himself in his head as he felt strange wires being attached to his head and various other body parts. And although he wasn't fully tired, he found himself instantly slipping off in to the dream realm...

Stephen woke up in a cold sweat. He was inside of a house. Alone. Deserted like he should be. The voice inside of his head was sitting next to him on a couch; formless, yet recognizable by Stephen. He called the voice 'Aleks' based on the way it pronounced words, and that one sounded the most like a name. Aleks was fiddling with something in his hand. A knife. And then, Aleks strangely pointed to Stephen and the door behind him. In Stephen's hand was... a knife. The same knife. Covered in fresh blood. Although frightened by what this could mean, he reluctantly opened the door to find his mother, son, and wife all dead in a pile. As he examined them closely, he noticed 3 knife wounds in the same place on all 3 of them. One in the head, the other in the stomach, the third by the heart. As Stephen started to cry, thinking that he did this, Aleks got off the couch, knife in hand, and came up behind Stephen, slitting his throat...

Stephen woke up again. This time, in one of the long chrome corridors. "What the hell is this anyway, Inception? Horror Inception?" Stephen yelled. But nothing answered. There was no sign of Mark, Kate, or any Slugmen. Once again, truly alone. He slammed his fist against a door. What's there to be pissed about? This is how I should be living my life. Stephen thought. He quickly changed his attitude from upset to optimistic. Even though this is just all a dream, he can't let Aleks take over. Not even for a second. So, assuming it was a hint, him dreamwalking through the real corridor, he started going through doors, looking for the exit. In one room, however, he found Mark in a corner. "Captain! It's great to see you!" shouted Stephen as he put his hand on Mark's shoulder. And that's when Mark's head spun a perfect 180. His arms turned around without the rest of his body and they instantly wrapped around Stephen's neck. "Captain... can't... breathe..." Stephen gasped as he waved his arms at Mark. Or rather, THROUGH Mark. His body seemed to be composed of liquid, or gas. Whatever it was, Mark was untouchable. As Stephen took his last breath, he saw Aleks smiling from a reflection in Mark's eye...

As Stephen "woke up" once more, he knew his mind was being toyed with in the REAL room with the wires. But this time, he didn't awaken in a house, and not in the chrome corridor. This time, he was on a rope. And under him were the largest spiders he had ever seen. Stephen was probably the biggest arachnophobic person on the Earth. And this planet, too. Whatever he could do, one option was definitely not 'Let go.' And that's when Aleks appeared once more, right at the edge of the pit where the rope was. He had a large 'smile' on his face, or whatever you'd call it. He also had, in his left 'hand', a very VERY large blade. Sharp enough to cut through walls with relative ease. So clearly, it should be able to tear through rope, right? No. Stephen wouldn't ever allow that. Aleks can toy with him, his friends, his family, but not his arachnophobia. Stephen starting climbing up the rope madly as Aleks yawned near the top. When Stephen looked back down, he didn't see the bottom of the pit getting smaller, but instead LARGER. This is bad! This is sooo freaking bad! Stephen thought as he continued to climb wildly. Aleks stood there, still smiling, and then all of a sudden, he threw the blade at, what, 100 MPH? Straight at Stephen's arm, cutting it clean off as if it were butter. Stephen pleaded to Aleks for the first time in months to stop messing with his life, but Aleks wasn't listening. Instead, he threw the top of the rope in to the pit, Stephen along with it. He yelled extremely loudly as the large spiders crawled and felt through every inch of his body...

Stephen woke up once more, screaming at the top of his lungs. This situation felt familiar to him. Wires on his head, a semi-comfortable bed, and the Slugmen standing over him. Watching him. Stephen, being very wary of what was real, looked around frantically for Aleks. But he was nowhere to be found. He was still a being that lived within his mind as he was and always will be. Stephen allowed his muscles to relax, as the Slugman said to him "This test is over."
I don't know if you actually read any of the posts that I have posted... But I stated that the EVERYONE's torture would be different. So it is dissappointing that you did the same thing as someone else. You could edit your post so it isn't that you fell asleep and had nightmares... It could be that they put you in a strange box and then the walls disappeared and and you went into some horror simulation. But those are only ideas... You don't have to change it, but it would be nice

And Idno, that doesn't matter, just posting at all is what matters. And being dedicated in the long run.

Speaking of such, I will post soon. I have been SUPER busy.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:14:49 PM
Landorus

The last thing David remembered was walking behind the strange tall creature out of the cell room.

Then, light. Blinding light.

As David's eyes adjusted to his new surroundings, he found himself sitting in front of a table across from a humanoid figure. "Ah, finally awake, are we?" the figure mused. Unlike the slugman, this creature's voice was completely natural, not mechanical at all. There weren't any traces of a translating device, either.

"Y-you can speak English!?" David queried, astonished.

"Yes, of course. I can also speak Deutch, and Welsh, and Japanese; namely, I know every language you know. I know everything you know."

This was the first time David had felt genuine fear in a long time. Nothing was worse than the enemy knowing everything about him. This meant he could predict every movement David could make, was aware of all of his strengths and weaknesses, and worst of all, knew his past.

The figure stood up. As David's eyesight became more clear, he saw that the creature was only about four and a half feet tall. It was skinny, had pale, greenish skin and had a very casual gait. Most notable was its long, monkey-like tail that was as long as it was, as well as surprisingly human hair on its head that was long enough to cover most of its face, revealing only a sinister grin.

The figure started pacing about the room. "You can call me Esgyrn." it said. "You don't seem to be the kind of person that we can break easily through physical means, so our torturers had a hard time figuring out what to do with you. So..." he trailed off. He parted his hair, revealing a blunt nose and pitch-black eyes that had small, white pupils.

"So what?" David asked.

"So, I, a humble scout, volunteered for some... special experimentation. You see, I know everything about you. Your name, family, planet, culture; you have a whole lot of stuff in that brain of yours. You seem to have above average strength, knowledge, wisdom, just about every trait possible compared to other humans. Fascinating how your race is so weak and frail, especially for a race so dominant on your planet."

David was regaining confidence. His interrogator wasn't experienced. Maybe he could use that to his advantage. "Yeah? Who're the people that 'dominate' this planet? What's it called, anyway?"

"Well, if you must know, our rulers are... erm..." Esgyrn looked flustered, the skin between his eyes bunching up. "That is to say, our planet, Earth is... wait, no, that's..." he started holding his head and fell to one knee. "Pardon me for a moment..." he mumbled as he activated a door that used the same system as David's cell's window and walked out, leaving David alone in the white room, confused but relieved.

Esgyrn stumbled into the hallway, leaning on a wall and clutching his head. "God... damn it..." he cursed unconsciously, aware that he did not believe in this 'god' that was prominent on David's planet. One of the Slugmen slithered up to him. "[It seems the experiment has been a failure.]" it said in the alien tongue. Esgyrn stared at the slugman with a confused expression for a moment, then shook his head. "[I... apologize. His mind is...]" Esgyrn began, however the words escaped him. This language that he had spoken his entire life was disappearing from his memory like a foreign tongue he had learned and forgotten long ago. "His mind is taking over." he said in English, giving up on his native language.

The slugman changed its expression, but Esgyrn forgot what it meant. His original memory was rapidly fading and David's mind was indeed taking over. To him, now, the creature in front of him was nothing but a disgusting giant slug. The slug said something into a radio device, and Esgyrn caught the words "[fail]" and "[send,]" but he could no longer fully understand it. He felt a sharp pain in his back, and suddenly felt numb before he blacked out.

(There's my post guys. Sorry it took so long. I spent more time developing my creature character rather than torturing the human, but this idea seemed too good to pass off.)
Old July 23, 2012, 07:41:34 AM
Shaymin

Mark walked into the room. He didn't quite care to notice at first, but the room he walked into was completely dark. You wouldn't even be able to see something right in front of his face. The dark was so consuming. When the guard closed the door the dark was like a blanket, and it was trapping him.

A light came from the what seemed the ceiling. It was a large cylinder of light beamed down hard. It hardly illuminated anything but what was in the cylinder of light. A slightly lighter figure from by the light said something... It sounded like it said, "Come." Mark didn't know why he did, but he started walked to the light. Another light came on adjacent to the light that it was identical to. The light had revealed a small, metal chair. "Sit." The figure commanded. So Mark did sit like it said.

"You may call me Rnina." That is when Mark noticed that the voice was coming from inside of his head.

"Who are you..." Mark dryly muttered.

"I do believe I told you, Mark. I am Rnina."

Mark noticed that what he said was stupid. He didn't mean that. "Why are you in my head? Why are you talking to me, they said that I would be tested."

"You have a lot of questions, don't you. Let me explain a little. Here there are many species of people living in harmony. And as I understand your planet is dominated by just one. I am one without a mouth like you. That is why I do things telepathically. I work here, and I was asked to run a test on you. But that isn't why I am talking to you now. I started to work here because I know there are other people out there, and there is more to our world and the government isn't allowing us to know. And as I understand you are a "captain" of a ship. Lets jump a little to more to now. This is why I am here "testing" you.

Honestly, I am not doing the real test, and I am not going to hurt you. If you answer my questions about you and why you go there and what you have seen, I will help you get out of here. I can let you and your friends go. I will help you escape and only for a little cost of your knowledge. Does this please you?"

Mark was honestly confused, but he couldn't play it that way. "How can I trust you? How do I know this isn't the actual test."

Rnina said, "Because.. I start... You can't, but you should. And you will just have to trust me."

Last edited by teamplasma; July 23, 2012 at 07:42:09 AM.