Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

View Poll Results: When Should The Tournament Start?
January 1st 4 44.44%
January 10th 7 77.78%
January 17th 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
  #101  
Old January 14, 2015, 08:07:44 AM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
While that is true, your opponent is Kakashi. I must warn you, the hax Gods seem to favor almighty Kakashi in the most dire of moments, such as when your M-Manetric's Overheat misses causing you lose the match on a 1v1 against Ice type Greninja.
That, and I'm using a team created in about ten minutes at 1 AM that is half composed of things I've never used in my life :>
  #102  
Old January 14, 2015, 11:15:15 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Took a narrow 2-0 victory over Pianomaster19. That battle had me shaking in my boots, great game!

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #103  
Old January 14, 2015, 03:35:59 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
Wow Sub, you called that one perfectly! Pianomaster escapes with a 3-0 victory over Trees! Keep the battles going guys (Looking at Cat and Twiggy)!

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
I was calling it out against you, Matty. But, from the post above, my prediction didn't happen.
  #104  
Old January 14, 2015, 03:47:28 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
I was calling it out against you, Matty. But, from the post above, my prediction didn't happen.
Haha! I'm glad I could prove you wrong!!!
  #105  
Old January 14, 2015, 03:58:18 PM
Nytz's Avatar
Nytz Nytz is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nightopia
Posts: 678
Default

VRSN: VictoryRoad Sports News


Hello, Hello! This is Nytz Reporting live in the VR stadium for the 2nd edition of Victory Road Sports News, where Mattybrolic's Victory Road Championship tournament of 2015 continues. And what a fine day it has been, for all combatants are giving it their all out there! I can hear the war cries of pokemon, and the cheering of the spectators. I would like to take this time to focus on the "Champion in the making" segment.

Champion in the makings

And here we are, watching from birds eye view of the stadium. we're here to ask spectators out of pure sportsmanship and fun, who do YOU think will win? Well, Mattybrolic is looking like he's on fire! He's dominated CinnabarPyro, annialated Cowboy, and Triumphed over Pianomaster19! Still, kudos to those who tried hard yet fell short against this beastly trainer. In the meanwhile, we have Kakashidragon, who seems to be trucking ahead as well, having defeated Reuniclus in a intense battle! He's still pending on his battle with Dragonite; and that I speak for all spectators will definately be a battle you won't want to miss! Who will be champion? well, it's still hard to say, for there are really talented trainers out there in this tournament. So this concludes this segement of Champion in the Makings, Back to you, Nytz.

***

Ah, yes, thank you, Nytz. We're here live now waiting for the battles between combatants. Here's what we're up against:

Twiggy Vs. Cat333Pokemon. Yes, you heard it. Twiggy vs, our beloved Admin. Surely an emotional battle to be had. We also have Kakashidragon vs. Dragonite, which will be an edge of your seat battle to be sure! So many powerful trainers, I can hardly wait to see the outcome! I'm Nytz, signing out in VRSN!

Last edited by Nytz; January 14, 2015 at 04:01:18 PM.
  #106  
Old January 14, 2015, 04:12:07 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
VRSN: VictoryRoad Sports News


Hello, Hello! This is Nytz Reporting live in the VR stadium for the 2nd edition of Victory Road Sports News, where Mattybrolic's Victory Road Championship tournament of 2015 continues. And what a fine day it has been, for all combatants are giving it their all out there! I can hear the war cries of pokemon, and the cheering of the spectators. I would like to take this time to focus on the "Champion in the making" segment.

Champion in the makings

And here we are, watching from birds eye view of the stadium. we're here to ask spectators out of pure sportsmanship and fun, who do YOU think will win? Well, Mattybrolic is looking like he's on fire! He's dominated CinnabarPyro, annialated Cowboy, and Triumphed over Pianomaster19! Still, kudos to those who tried hard yet fell short against this beastly trainer. In the meanwhile, we have Kakashidragon, who seems to be trucking ahead as well, having defeated Reuniclus in a intense battle! He's still pending on his battle with Dragonite; and that I speak for all spectators will definately be a battle you won't want to miss! Who will be champion? well, it's still hard to say, for there are really talented trainers out there in this tournament. So this concludes this segement of Champion in the Makings, Back to you, Nytz.

***

Ah, yes, thank you, Nytz. We're here live now waiting for the battles between combatants. Here's what we're up against:

Twiggy Vs. Cat333Pokemon. Yes, you heard it. Twiggy vs, our beloved Admin. Surely an emotional battle to be had. We also have Kakashidragon vs. Dragonite, which will be an edge of your seat battle to be sure! So many powerful trainers, I can hardly wait to see the outcome! I'm Nytz, signing out in VRSN!
This is awesome, Nytz!!! You're adding even more prestige to the tournament!
  #107  
Old January 14, 2015, 04:16:33 PM
Nytz's Avatar
Nytz Nytz is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nightopia
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
This is awesome, Nytz!!! You're adding even more prestige to the tournament!
Lol, well, it's the least I can do... I couldn't join the tourney... but I like it better being a spokesperson (I believe it's called) for the tourney. Plus, I'm actually having fun doing this. ^_^
  #108  
Old January 14, 2015, 05:08:59 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
Lol, well, it's the least I can do... I couldn't join the tourney... but I like it better being a spokesperson (I believe it's called) for the tourney. Plus, I'm actually having fun doing this. ^_^
PLEASE keep doing it
  #109  
Old January 14, 2015, 05:15:13 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Alright im so ready for my next match I wish dragonite good luck in our battle!
  #110  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:00:36 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Lost narrowly to Kakashi. And by that I mean I got slapped harder than the Mets did in the 2000 World Series: Z3MW-WWWW-WWXW-NSMK

And for the record, no, I did not change my team, I have Mega stones on two Pokémon :P

Last edited by Dragonite; January 14, 2015 at 06:05:33 PM.
  #111  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:08:09 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Yeahhh.....i kinda went overkill on ya
  #112  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:09:01 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

I like how your Garchomp outsped my Scarfed Heatran, btw.
  #113  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:10:29 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Jolly chomp outspeeds him? o.0
  #114  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:11:46 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

I did some math afterwards and my Scarf'd Modest Heatran has 168 points of Speed at level 50, and Jolly Unscarf'd Garchomp has 169.

Yay.
  #115  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:12:58 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Awww i didnt know that. I bet at lv100 he would out speed
  #116  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:17:54 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Nope, just barely. My Heatran with a Choice Scarf at level 100 has 329 points of speed, and Garchomp can have up to 333.

Kicking myself for not going for a Timid Heatran all the way back in W2 D:
  #117  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:30:46 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Nope, just barely. My Heatran with a Choice Scarf at level 100 has 329 points of speed, and Garchomp can have up to 333.

Kicking myself for not going for a Timid Heatran all the way back in W2 D:
Get a timid one in ORAS!

Congrats to Kakashi for his commanding victory!

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #118  
Old January 14, 2015, 06:37:05 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Heatran I caught in AS is Jolly, which is downright laughable. (Didn't SR because I had a recording going and didn't want to waste time :P)

Suppose I could do some "corrections" on it in BW and ship it through, but that's arguable more work than just battling with a Modest Heatran. Or fighting with something else.

Last edited by Dragonite; January 14, 2015 at 06:37:13 PM.
  #119  
Old January 15, 2015, 08:10:41 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Soooo......now what? Who still has to battle?
  #120  
Old January 15, 2015, 08:19:04 PM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

Heck, I'm still waiting for Cat and Twiggy to battle so that I can battle whoever wins that match... *twiddles thumbs somewhat impatiently*

Also nobody seems to have done any of the loser's bracket matches...
  #121  
Old January 15, 2015, 08:49:00 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Yeah, things just seemed to drop dead after like three of us had battles yesterday :P
  #122  
Old January 15, 2015, 11:51:00 PM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere interesting?
Posts: 2,102
Default

Pheeeeeeeeew! Cat won our last battle 1-0.
  #123  
Old January 15, 2015, 11:51:54 PM
Cat333Pokémon's Avatar
Cat333Pokémon Cat333Pokémon is offline
Administrator

 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 10,353
Default

Parahax gave me a very narrow victory 1-0.
  #124  
Old January 15, 2015, 11:56:15 PM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere interesting?
Posts: 2,102
Default

Speaking of the battle video, it's R2GW-WWWW-WWXX-65MV. So many Ws!
  #125  
Old January 16, 2015, 05:12:47 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

So Cat and Twiggy FINALLY battled!!! And it was an extremely close battle!!! That's what we all love to see

-Let's go, people, complete your loser's bracket matches! REMEMBER, you can still win the whole tournament from the loser's bracket!!!

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #126  
Old January 16, 2015, 11:48:23 AM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Kk, I'm ready to go against JDx. It appears I can't message him.
  #127  
Old January 16, 2015, 10:17:39 PM
Cat333Pokémon's Avatar
Cat333Pokémon Cat333Pokémon is offline
Administrator

 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 10,353
Default

The connection dropped during my battle with Grass, but I was about to lose anyway. Good game.
  #128  
Old January 16, 2015, 10:19:28 PM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
The connection dropped during my battle with Grass, but I was about to lose anyway. Good game.
Confirming this. Ultimately would have ended up being a 5-0 victory.
  #129  
Old January 16, 2015, 10:21:47 PM
Cat333Pokémon's Avatar
Cat333Pokémon Cat333Pokémon is offline
Administrator

 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 10,353
Default

Almost 4-0.
  #130  
Old January 16, 2015, 10:23:02 PM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Almost 4-0.
True that. His move dealt a lot more damage to my Mega than I had anticipated. Thankfully it didn't crit or it definitely would have been a 4-0.

Now I have to hope that my dorm's wi-fi doesn't suck. It didn't suck with Smash Bros, but I actually haven't tested Pokemon out yet. Hopefully it'll work. XP

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; January 16, 2015 at 10:24:20 PM.
  #131  
Old January 17, 2015, 05:50:42 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

That was a successful first week of the tournament! Hope you all are enjoying it so far!!!

The loser's bracket still has not had a single match completed yet! Get on that guys!!!
  #132  
Old January 17, 2015, 05:51:30 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #133  
Old January 17, 2015, 08:40:02 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere interesting?
Posts: 2,102
Default

I Chespin...er, Chesnaughted my opponent. I think it was a 3-0.

The video code is 635W-WWWW-WWXX-QZXF by the way.

Last edited by Twiggy; January 17, 2015 at 08:41:36 AM.
  #134  
Old January 17, 2015, 08:43:16 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I Chespin...er, Chesnaughted my opponent. I think it was a 3-0.

The video code is 635W-WWWW-WWXX-QZXF by the way.
Congratulations to Twiggy!
  #135  
Old January 17, 2015, 11:54:05 AM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Me and grass can battle tonight if hes able to get on tonight.
  #136  
Old January 17, 2015, 12:09:48 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Me and grass can battle tonight if hes able to get on tonight.
I should be able to battle the winner soon after.
  #137  
Old January 17, 2015, 12:47:49 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

I can battle JDx within the next 4 hours. I have work today as well! I'm off tomorrow and Monday, so if not now it'll def be later!
  #138  
Old January 17, 2015, 12:49:12 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
I can battle JDx within the next 4 hours. I have work today as well! I'm off tomorrow and Monday, so if not now it'll def be later!
Awesome!!! Need to get this show on the road!
  #139  
Old January 17, 2015, 10:08:17 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

My wifi is being buggy today. So on sunday i hope its working. (Or today if u read this later)
  #140  
Old January 18, 2015, 10:17:00 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere interesting?
Posts: 2,102
Default

Haha! I lost to Cowboy. 2-0. The code is R2GW-WWWW-WWXX-65MV.

Last edited by Twiggy; January 18, 2015 at 10:18:07 AM.
  #141  
Old January 18, 2015, 10:18:35 AM
Cowboy's Avatar
Cowboy Cowboy is offline
Mudkip
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Haha! I lost to Cowboy. 2-0.
Great game, by the way! I was super scared of a lot of your 'mons. Especially that Noivern!
  #142  
Old January 18, 2015, 10:20:30 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere interesting?
Posts: 2,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Great game, by the way! I was super scared of a lot of your 'mons. Especially that Noivern!
Mmm hmm!

I also should remember how fast a Lopunny can be.
  #143  
Old January 18, 2015, 10:39:19 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Good job to both players
  #144  
Old January 18, 2015, 12:33:21 PM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

I managed to triumph over Kakashidragon in a tight 4-0 (almost 3-0) victory! GG to him. ^_^

EDIT: For the Battle Video: RDVW-WWWW-WWX2-CN3Z

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; January 18, 2015 at 12:35:02 PM.
  #145  
Old January 18, 2015, 12:34:42 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Man i lost -.- to grass 0-4.One little miss prediction costed me. (Plus he weather and type advantage as well, and i didnt switch out at a certin time too)
  #146  
Old January 18, 2015, 01:18:23 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

"DO YOU BELIEVE IN MORACLES? YES!" -Al Michaels

Grass pulls a big upset against the reigning champ, Kakashidragon! Things are surely getting interesting! Keep all of the matches going, guys!

Bracket:http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #147  
Old January 18, 2015, 01:23:15 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Oh well not every winning streak lasts forever
  #148  
Old January 18, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Oh well not every winning streak lasts forever
Its not where ya start, its where ya finish! You can still make a big comeback!
  #149  
Old January 18, 2015, 08:47:17 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

The beauty of double elimination, aye?
  #150  
Old January 18, 2015, 09:40:16 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
The beauty of double elimination, aye?
Yes XD

Sub and JD were supposed to battle tonight but I'm not sure of what happened. *sigh*
I'm trying really hard to facilitate this tournament but it has been so difficult to get everyone to cooperate and complete their matches.
  #151  
Old January 18, 2015, 09:54:36 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

I think it's moving along pretty swiftly, actually. I tried running an 8-person single elimination a few years ago and the whole thing fell apart by the second round S:
  #152  
Old January 18, 2015, 10:20:58 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

JDx and I began our battle but his internet went out. We hadn't completely knocked out either Pokémon though I would say he held a slight advantage. We may try again.
  #153  
Old January 19, 2015, 06:20:22 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
I think it's moving along pretty swiftly, actually. I tried running an 8-person single elimination a few years ago and the whole thing fell apart by the second round S:

True, but the deadline for this tourney is supposed to be Saturday because Reuniclus, Cowboy, Piano master, Trees, and myself all go back to school the next day which could make the tournament more difficult to run.
  #154  
Old January 20, 2015, 01:34:03 PM
~Whimsicott~'s Avatar
~Whimsicott~ ~Whimsicott~ is offline
Servine
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Land of Alicia
Posts: 74
Default

*is already back in school*
Anywho, I shall try to battle Reu should the university Wi-Fi permit xD

Last edited by ~Whimsicott~; January 20, 2015 at 01:34:27 PM.
  #155  
Old January 20, 2015, 01:40:32 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Whimsicott~ View Post
*is already back in school*
Anywho, I shall try to battle Reu should the university Wi-Fi permit xD
I particularly have a lot of things to deal with as soon as I go back which may eat up a lot of my time for the first couple of weeks or so which is why I'd like to finish the tournament by Saturday
  #156  
Old January 20, 2015, 01:54:43 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Pulled a win on JDx, though he handicapped himself.

Victory on my part. 2-0.
  #157  
Old January 20, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Great job to both players! Glad you guys got that battle done before I had to flip a coin!

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #158  
Old January 20, 2015, 02:39:23 PM
Reuniclus's Avatar
Reuniclus Reuniclus is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Desert...help me
Posts: 3,300
Default

I won my battle against Whimsicott. It was a fun game~

3JJG-WWWW-WWX3-5KRF
  #159  
Old January 20, 2015, 02:58:55 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Congrats! Good job to both players!

http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #160  
Old January 20, 2015, 07:18:58 PM
Reuniclus's Avatar
Reuniclus Reuniclus is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Desert...help me
Posts: 3,300
Default

I won my battle against Trees 4-1. I'm pretty sure I had an unfair advantage :s

U6DW-WWWW-WWX3-7Q8D
  #161  
Old January 20, 2015, 07:27:03 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I won my battle against Trees 4-1. I'm pretty sure I had an unfair advantage :s

U6DW-WWWW-WWX3-7Q8D
Reuniclus is on a roll!!! Perhaps Cowboy can put an end to this??? We will soon find out!
  #162  
Old January 20, 2015, 08:14:37 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Cinnabarpyro advances as the beneficiary of a coin flip due to the inability of himself and Tarellethiel coordinating their battle. Please get your battles done, people... I really don't want to have to flipva coin for anyone else!

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #163  
Old January 20, 2015, 08:50:55 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Would appear that it's finally time I get to battle Zero. Time to get slapped again!
  #164  
Old January 20, 2015, 10:07:40 PM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default

Sorry me and Tarrel weren't able to get our battle done. Time zones and all that.
  #165  
Old January 21, 2015, 05:21:52 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnabarPyro View Post
Sorry me and Tarrel weren't able to get our battle done. Time zones and all that.
Don't apologize, I appreciate the effort it was just something I had to do.
  #166  
Old January 21, 2015, 01:33:32 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

So am i close to my next match? Whos left in the losers bracket?
  #167  
Old January 21, 2015, 02:18:24 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
So am i close to my next match? Whos left in the losers bracket?
Why you gotta make it sound so bad..?
  #168  
Old January 21, 2015, 02:34:50 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Why you gotta make it sound so bad..?
He's all about winning! ;p
  #169  
Old January 21, 2015, 09:36:37 PM
Reuniclus's Avatar
Reuniclus Reuniclus is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Desert...help me
Posts: 3,300
Default

I won my battle against Cowboy 6-4

M7MW-WWWW-WWX3-KWAZ
  #170  
Old January 21, 2015, 09:40:03 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
He's all about winning! ;p
But he called us losers... :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I won my battle against Cowboy 6-4

M7MW-WWWW-WWX3-KWAZ
Holy cow that's a crazy record! Why the forfeit? Nvm, don't answer that.
  #171  
Old January 22, 2015, 03:28:13 AM
Nytz's Avatar
Nytz Nytz is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nightopia
Posts: 678
Default

VRSN: VICTORY ROAD SPORTS NEWS
NEWS UPDATE

Hello, hello, This is Nytz and welcome to another news update in the first Pokemon Tournament kickoff of the year! We're here, live in the colosseum searching for some of these talented trainers for a few... well, live interviews.

It would appear that Kakashidragon, a spotlight regular has shown such spectacular performance, although dethroned and placed in the losers bracket, still, there is hope for redemption. Kakashidragon, please, tell me, your feelings about this tournament. what is the passion that drives you and your pokemon?

In the meanwhile, we have in the main brackets, Mattybrolic, who is getting the crowd turned to 11 with his battle tactics! he will now be battling GrasspokemonFTW, in an intense battle to be certain. Mattybrolic, you've been undefeated thus far. is the pressure of battle weighing you down? or are you feeling such adrenaline that propels you forward?

As for GrasspokemonFTW, your opponent is Mattybrolic, who has been known for his prowess in skill. Do you feel the tension? or are you laxed about this? Please, do tell.


GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!

YES! It's what the crowd is waiting for! Welcome to the VRSN segment, "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!" where I your host will be giving you the 411 on the pending battles. Here I am, live in the subdome, but let's see who we're wating on now:

First we have Magmaster12 vs. CinnabarPyro. And from previous performances, we already know this is gonna be a good one!

Next in the waiting list, is Dragonite vs. Subzero! With names like that, seems like Dragonite will have a type disadvantage, but don't judge a book by it's cover!

Then we have, Cowboy vs. Reuniclus. Two powerful opponents clash in this must see battle! We'll that's all from me. Nytz, wrap this up, c'mon!


***

Thank you. So there you have it, folks! we're getting down to the wire here with this tournament, so stay tuned next time, on VRSN!

Commercial: if you are strong, you may be getting watched. can you survive our power? TEAM LUNACY, a bounty hunters clan.

Beware.




(PS: forgive me. I couldn't do this sooner.)
  #172  
Old January 22, 2015, 06:33:15 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
VRSN: VICTORY ROAD SPORTS NEWS
NEWS UPDATE

Hello, hello, This is Nytz and welcome to another news update in the first Pokemon Tournament kickoff of the year! We're here, live in the colosseum searching for some of these talented trainers for a few... well, live interviews.

It would appear that Kakashidragon, a spotlight regular has shown such spectacular performance, although dethroned and placed in the losers bracket, still, there is hope for redemption. Kakashidragon, please, tell me, your feelings about this tournament. what is the passion that drives you and your pokemon?

In the meanwhile, we have in the main brackets, Mattybrolic, who is getting the crowd turned to 11 with his battle tactics! he will now be battling GrasspokemonFTW, in an intense battle to be certain. Mattybrolic, you've been undefeated thus far. is the pressure of battle weighing you down? or are you feeling such adrenaline that propels you forward?

As for GrasspokemonFTW, your opponent is Mattybrolic, who has been known for his prowess in skill. Do you feel the tension? or are you laxed about this? Please, do tell.


GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!

YES! It's what the crowd is waiting for! Welcome to the VRSN segment, "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!" where I your host will be giving you the 411 on the pending battles. Here I am, live in the subdome, but let's see who we're wating on now:

First we have Magmaster12 vs. CinnabarPyro. And from previous performances, we already know this is gonna be a good one!

Next in the waiting list, is Dragonite vs. Subzero! With names like that, seems like Dragonite will have a type disadvantage, but don't judge a book by it's cover!

Then we have, Cowboy vs. Reuniclus. Two powerful opponents clash in this must see battle! We'll that's all from me. Nytz, wrap this up, c'mon!


***

Thank you. So there you have it, folks! we're getting down to the wire here with this tournament, so stay tuned next time, on VRSN!

Commercial: if you are strong, you may be getting watched. can you survive our power? TEAM LUNACY, a bounty hunters clan.

Beware.




(PS: forgive me. I couldn't do this sooner.)
YOU ARE SOOOOOO AWESOME THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!
  #173  
Old January 22, 2015, 06:36:19 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

As for my interview, the pressure gets higher and higher for each round that I move on to. I've only battled GrasspokemonFTW once before, and his team was very tricky so I don't know what to expect. When the battles come around, I do my best to turn my nerves in to a focused rush of adrenaline rather than letting them get the best of me! I will be looking forward to battling Grass this Friday night!

Last edited by MattyBrollic; January 22, 2015 at 10:07:16 AM.
  #174  
Old January 22, 2015, 06:38:49 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #175  
Old January 22, 2015, 09:51:48 AM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
As for GrasspokemonFTW, your opponent is Mattybrolic, who has been known for his prowess in skill. Do you feel the tension? or are you laxed about this? Please, do tell.
It's hard to say what I'm feeling in this upcoming battle. I have to say, my Pokémon team has really pulled through for me, and I cannot express how grateful I am that they've held in there through so many tough battles. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Matty had me beat in a decisive 3-0 in our last encounter, which was at the first Victory Road Champion Tournament, and consequently knocked me out of the tournament in Round 5 of loser's bracket and putting me in 4th. My team has definitively changed since then, but Matty's probably has as well. So I feel that while our last match has no bearing on our match on Friday, I also feel like we're in the fog about what strategies we'll need to be ready for.

That said, I've already performed better than last time. While I placed 4th in the last tournament, I'm guaranteed at least 3rd place with my performance thus far. In essence, I've shown some degree of improvement. But I still want to win. Everyone does. And who knows; even though I defeated Kakashidragon in the last round, he could come around and take me down again. There's all a degree of uncertainty that is bound to make me nervous overall, but I know that I've accomplished what I've set out to do, which is improve upon my understanding of the art of competitive battle.
  #176  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:27:08 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Got slapped by Zero. And by that I mean it was actually a fairly good battle this time.

TZMG-WWWW-WWX3-SBYE
  #177  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:31:27 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Tis was a good game with Dragonite! It would've ended sooner had I remembered that sound based attacks broke through subs. XD

Win for me! 3-0
  #178  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:33:06 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

And there I was, thinking I'd be able to PP stall your entire team with just one Pokémon :/

Either that or find out what happens if you actually let the battle clock wind down for the first time in my competitive career.
  #179  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:36:46 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
And there I was, thinking I'd be able to PP stall your entire team with just one Pokémon :/

Either that or find out what happens if you actually let the battle clock wind down for the first time in my competitive career.
I was hoping you'd just forfeit but you didn't. Lol. I got frustrated so I mega'd and all.
  #180  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:38:33 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Meh, that's something I don't usually do. I'm a former baseball player. Forfeiting isn't really a game element.

Anyhow, now that I'm officially out, any of you other eliminated people want to battle?
  #181  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:50:14 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Awesome!!! Glad you guys had a good one! Yeah, everyone feel free to have some funsie battles with the teams you worked hard to make, or any team for that matter! That goes for people who are both still in and or have been eliminated! I have a new team I really enjoy using if anyone is looking for some funsie battles!
  #182  
Old January 22, 2015, 02:20:46 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

That gives me an idea . . . I'll save it for another thread, though :>
  #183  
Old January 22, 2015, 05:54:07 PM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

Matty defeated me in a well deserved 2-0. I was barely keeping up with him, until the very end...and even then, I got really lucky at times.
  #184  
Old January 22, 2015, 05:57:28 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Grass had me shaking in my boots in that one... Well played on both ends, a little more luck on his end and I was a goner for sure!!! Great game!

I love my team for pulling through thick and thin<3
Bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9

Last edited by MattyBrollic; January 22, 2015 at 06:03:22 PM.
  #185  
Old January 24, 2015, 09:31:29 AM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default

Embarrasing 5-0 defeat to Magmaster. Fun match all the same.
  #186  
Old January 24, 2015, 09:37:55 AM
Magmaster12's Avatar
Magmaster12 Magmaster12 is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: You would know
Posts: 4,960
Default

I am here to back up CinnabarPyro's statement.
  #187  
Old January 24, 2015, 09:48:21 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Magmaster really showed up for that one!!! Let's see if he can continue this momentum against none other than our admin Cat333Pokemon!
  #188  
Old January 24, 2015, 10:40:34 AM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

So grass has been defeated! Now i have to see of i can get a comeback to catch up with matty.

(For Nytz's interview thing, i couldnt come up with a good statement/commet sorry)

Oh for Sub-zero i didnt mean to call u guys losers. (Wasnt trying actually)
  #189  
Old January 24, 2015, 09:04:31 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Oh for Sub-zero i didnt mean to call u guys losers. (Wasnt trying actually)
I'll forgive you if you let me win our battle if we do battle in this tourney. :3
  #190  
Old January 25, 2015, 02:17:24 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Let's get this tournament moving again, guys!!!
  #191  
Old January 25, 2015, 08:06:15 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Whos all left to battle?
  #192  
Old January 25, 2015, 08:24:59 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Whos all left to battle?
Here is the current bracket: http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #193  
Old January 27, 2015, 12:06:16 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

To both Cat and Magmaster12, I see that you two are both busy so if you are not able to battle by tomorrow night I will end up flipping a coin to determine the winner.
  #194  
Old January 28, 2015, 08:09:10 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

By "coin flip" Magmaster12 will move onto the next round! Keep the tournament going guys! The stakes are getting REALLY HIGH!

http://challonge.com/jtvzl9x9
  #195  
Old January 28, 2015, 08:17:45 PM
Reuniclus's Avatar
Reuniclus Reuniclus is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Desert...help me
Posts: 3,300
Default

I won my battle against Kakashi 1-0. Very close game, I could tell he was analyzing my team well.

FLHW-WWWW-WWX6-D94Z
  #196  
Old January 28, 2015, 08:24:55 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 638
Default

You heard it here first everyone! The reigning champion Kakashidragon has been eliminated.

Who will be crowned the new Champion of Victory Road? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!!!!
  #197  
Old January 28, 2015, 08:29:27 PM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I won my battle against Kakashi 1-0. Very close game, I could tell he was analyzing my team well.

FLHW-WWWW-WWX6-D94Z
I kepted on forgeting that my dianice didnt out speed bisharp. I swear mega dianice dosnt fit well with this team. (Plus i only used mega dianice like 3 times)
  #198  
Old January 31, 2015, 12:14:12 AM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
I kepted on forgeting that my dianice didnt out speed bisharp. I swear mega dianice dosnt fit well with this team. (Plus i only used mega dianice like 3 times)
Excuses excuses. What kind of M-Diance are you running that you can't outspeed Bisharp? I thought M-Diance base speed was 110 and Bisharp's 80.

Anywho, I'm back! Let's do this!
  #199  
Old January 31, 2015, 12:32:44 AM
kakashidragon's Avatar
kakashidragon kakashidragon is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where i belong
Posts: 2,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
Excuses excuses. What kind of M-Diance are you running that you can't outspeed Bisharp? I thought M-Diance base speed was 110 and Bisharp's 80.

Anywho, I'm back! Let's do this!
This is the turn i mega evolve on bisharp (i was predicting a move other than ironhead, but it failed)
  #200  
Old January 31, 2015, 12:39:03 AM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
This is the turn i mega evolve on bisharp (i was predicting a move other than ironhead, but it failed)
Oooh, gotcha. Tough luck, mahboi. I assume you never had the change to safely bring in Diance so you never Mega'd beforehand, huh? I'd think the best call for any Mega (except Garchomp) would be to Mega evolve almost asap if it's typing remains the same. For stuff like Charizard X and Altaria, 'tis different. That's why I like Altaria. So fluffy. :3

Last edited by Sub-zero; January 31, 2015 at 12:39:19 AM.
 
Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Victory Road ©2006 - 2018, Scott Cat333Pokémon Cheney
Theme by A'bom and Cat333Pokémon