Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old January 22, 2015, 09:00:22 AM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default Victory Road Battle Rankings!

***Correct as of 24/1/15 | 6:30PM GMT***

 NamePoints
1MattyBrollic1465
2Reuniclus1300
3GrassPokemonFTW1200
4KakashiDragon1098
5Pianomaster191089
6Magmaster12999
=7Dragonite990
=7Cat333Pokemon990
=7Sub-Zero990
=7Trees990
11Cowboy979
=12Twiggy891
=12CinnabarPyro891
=14Tarallathiel810
=14~Whimsicott~810
=14Luchiano810
=14JDxImpetus810

***Current results from MB's Bi-Annual Tournament***

Hello! This is the (extremely) unofficial Victory Road Battle Rankings! I will
update this table based on the results of battles from the trading and
battling thread and MattyBrollic's Bi-Annual Championship Tournament. For
anyone interested in competitive battling, this is how to keep track of your
standings in comparison to other VR members!

How Points work -

- Everybody starts off-table with 1000 points
- If you win, you get points equal to 10% of YOUR OPPONENT'S points
- If you lose, you lose 10% of YOUR points
- A draw will result in a 5% increase of both your points
- Winning MattyBrollic's bi-annual Tournament gets you 300 extra points
- Coming second in MB's bi-annual Tournament gets you 150 extra points

Last edited by CinnabarPyro; January 24, 2015 at 10:36:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 22, 2015, 09:02:18 AM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,093
Default

Dang, someone put in some work O_O

I will kick all your butts as soon as I get serious enough to make a real team!
__________________
| | | | | | | | | | | |
|
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 22, 2015, 10:52:31 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 637
Default

How does this work? Does it include my last tournament as well?

If I calculated this correctly, both Grass and I should have 1332 points for having won 3 battles and not having lost yet
__________________

Last edited by MattyBrollic; January 22, 2015 at 11:28:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 22, 2015, 11:21:13 AM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
How does this work? Does it include my last tournament as well?

If I calculated this correctly, both Grass and I should have 1342 points for having won 3 battles and not having lost yet
What I should have done Is started when the tournament started, that way the results would be in the correct order. I just did the scores in order of how they are listed on Challonge. That's probably why our calculations are different. I will probably go back and revise the table at some point but it should even itself out anyway at the end of the tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 22, 2015, 11:28:27 AM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnabarPyro View Post
What I should have done Is started when the tournament started, that way the results would be in the correct order. I just did the scores in order of how they are listed on Challonge. That's probably why our calculations are different. I will probably go back and revise the table at some point but it should even itself out anyway at the end of the tournament.
How did you calculate them? I didn't calc anyone but Grass's and my own, but what I did was for my first battle I earned 100 points for a win making my score 1100. The second match I battled Cowboy who also had 1100 so By winning, I earned 110 which makes 1210... then for the third match I battled Pianomaster19 who also had 1210 which would make my score 1332. Grass would actually have a higher score than me because he defeated Kakashidragon in the third round who had a higher score than anyone else in the third round because someone who he defeated, Reuniclus, had a pig-tail match for his first round.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 22, 2015, 12:13:30 PM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
How did you calculate them? I didn't calc anyone but Grass's and my own, but what I did was for my first battle I earned 100 points for a win making my score 1100. The second match I battled Cowboy who also had 1100 so By winning, I earned 110 which makes 1210... then for the third match I battled Pianomaster19 who also had 1210 which would make my score 1332. Grass would actually have a higher score than me because he defeated Kakashidragon in the third round who had a higher score than anyone else in the third round because someone who he defeated, Reuniclus, had a pig-tail match for his first round.
Ok, the scores have been recalculated. It was a math error on my part.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 22, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
MattyBrollic's Avatar
MattyBrollic MattyBrollic is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnabarPyro View Post
Ok, the scores have been recalculated. It was a math error on my part.
This is really cool I really like this idea!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 22, 2015, 12:24:39 PM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
This is really cool I really like this idea!
Thanks Matty!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:33:19 PM
GrassPokemonFTW's Avatar
GrassPokemonFTW GrassPokemonFTW is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: [INSERT GENERIC LOCATION HERE]
Posts: 2,262
Default

#imdabes (as of the 22nd)

But in all seriousness, though, this looks really cool. I guess this means I'll have to participate in more tourneys so I can stay up on the ranking.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 22, 2015, 01:34:08 PM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW View Post
#imdabes (as of the 22nd)

But in all seriousness, though, this looks really cool. I guess this means I'll have to participate in more tourneys so I can stay up on the ranking.
Thanks Grass!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 22, 2015, 03:04:22 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Oh, this looks interesting! This'll raise competitiveness for sure! Lots of fun!!
__________________
Trust me, I'm a Ninja. Challenge me! Mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Street Fighter, Hokuto No Ken!<3
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 22, 2015, 10:09:18 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,093
Default

Oh, does this only count tournament play or can this count any battle we have and decide to check in with?
__________________
| | | | | | | | | | | |
|
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 22, 2015, 10:18:09 PM
Cat333Pokémon's Avatar
Cat333Pokémon Cat333Pokémon is online now
Administrator

 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Oh, does this only count tournament play or can this count any battle we have and decide to check in with?
I'd personally suggest being careful with that. Say two people fight often, and one doesn't care about ranking but the other does. The one who does care would only report his wins (with battle videos?), and when he loses neither would report it.
__________________
More pets
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 22, 2015, 10:29:24 PM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,093
Default

I was thinking that, but considering we don't have tournaments terribly often this thread might fall out of use for long stretches at a time :/

What about incorporating the Gym league or something, or having formal-informal matches that count every other week or something?
__________________
| | | | | | | | | | | |
|
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 22, 2015, 11:25:02 PM
CinnabarPyro's Avatar
CinnabarPyro CinnabarPyro is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
What about incorporating the Gym league or something, or having formal-informal matches that count every other week or something?
Could you expand on this? Obviously with the issues Cat raised about people only reporting wins, we need some way of keeping track in a non-biased way. Matches every other week seems like quite a good idea. Depends how we manage it though.

Last edited by CinnabarPyro; January 22, 2015 at 11:25:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:39:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Victory Road ©2006 - 2017, Scott Cat333Pokémon Cheney
Theme by A'bom and Cat333Pokémon