Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2 > Competitive Battling

Notices

Competitive Battling Locked due to the shutdown of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Search this Thread
Old July 19, 2013, 09:28:19 AM
Giratina

Default [RMT] Blue is my favorite color

Hey guys, it's an RMT of my Blue Monocolor team. I'm currently playing with it right now, debating on things to change and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. One thing I'm planning is not to use any weather on my team, but any other improvements on this would be pretty awesome!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

This is just the basic suicide lead Azelf set. If I don't lead off with Lanturn, this is who I go with. Stealth Rock helps complete sweeps for Salamence/Heracross. Taunt cripples other leads most of the time because Azelf is just so freaking fast. Thunderbolt and Fire Blast give Azelf the ability to take care of opposing leads and walls such as Xatu, Ferrothorn, Forretress (etc.)

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Oh I love Quaggy<3 It's actually surprising how much people forget about Quagsire's ability when I battle them. It's hilarious how sweepers try to set up but then get interrupted by this derpy little thing. Quagsire's main role is to set up Curse and tank it's way through. The EdgeQuake combo gives Quagsire good coverage, and Recover is there to obviously.. recover lol. Since I'm not too good with damage calculations, I usually recover on an attack that I at least know will not OHKO, just to see the damage output.

Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

For Hydreigon, I wasn't sure whether to use this Expert Belt moveset or a Choice Scarf moveset. Hydreigon seems to move too slow sometimes, but when I tried the Choice Scarf it wouldn't hit as hard. But whatever, you guys probably know what is best. Expert Belt does well considering Hydreigon has a move for almost every single type combination possible with all of the diverse typed moves it has. The only thing I don't like about Choice Scarf is the lock on it and the loss of power..

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Heracross has pulled off so many sweeps for me. Choice Scarf, Moxie and very powerful moves go so well together. I chose Adamant over Jolly for the added power and because Choice Scarf will make it fast enough for most Pokemon. Close Combat is my main go-to move because Megahorn isn't always as reliable as I'd like it to be. I never really saw much purpose to put Sleep Talk > Night Slash because so far Heracross hasn't slept once. That way I have one more attacking move in my arsenal.

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage

This set unlike most that I see isn't mixed. I have a Lum Berry to avoid Salamence getting crippled, Dragon Dance, Moxie and Outrage is just a killer combination, minus the end confusion if Lum Berry was already used. I didn't like the drop in SDef, so I went with Jolly and removed Hydro Pump for Aqua Tail. Even though Aqua Tail doesn't have 100% accuracy, it's still a lot more reliable than Hydro Pump.

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 216 Def / 92 SAtk
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Last and probably least, Lanturn. Even though I think it's my least effective Pokemon, it still does it's job and pretty well too. It can sort of heal itself by switching in to an opposing water attack, though that requires good prediction. Plus it has Leftovers so that helps too. Scald cripples most Pokemon by giving them burns, and Lanturn can also spread Toxic too. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are infamous together because of their great coverage together.

I hope I did this right and I hope it was a pretty good team too! I would love to see you guys rate and help me make changes to the team. If any changes are made to this team, I will bold it in this post and give you credit. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 29, 2013 at 02:41:55 PM. Reason: You mixed up Salamence and Heracross' pictures, silly!
Old July 19, 2013, 10:07:55 AM

I shall give my comments in bold text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Hey guys, it's an RMT of my Blue Monocolor team. I'm currently playing with it right now, debating on things to change and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. One thing I'm planning is not to use any weather on my team, but any other improvements on this would be pretty awesome!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

This is just the basic suicide lead Azelf set. If I don't lead off with Lanturn, this is who I go with. Stealth Rock helps complete sweeps for Salamence/Heracross. Taunt cripples other leads most of the time because Azelf is just so freaking fast. Thunderbolt and Fire Blast give Azelf the ability to take care of opposing leads and walls such as Xatu, Ferrothorn, Forretress (etc.)

I don't see anything wrong with this set. :3

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Oh I love Quaggy<3 It's actually surprising how much people forget about Quagsire's ability when I battle them. It's hilarious how sweepers try to set up but then get interrupted by this derpy little thing. Quagsire's main role is to set up Curse and tank it's way through. The EdgeQuake combo gives Quagsire good coverage, and Recover is there to obviously.. recover lol. Since I'm not too good with damage calculations, I usually recover on an attack that I at least know will not OHKO, just to see the damage output.

Ohhh jeez, I remember dealing with this thing's ability last year. It is quite a troll when it wipes away all of your opponent's stat boosts. I could argue that Waterfall (or even Ice Punch) is as good of an option as Stone Edge. People normally wouldn't send Flying types out against a Quagsire.

Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

For Hydreigon, I wasn't sure whether to use this Expert Belt moveset or a Choice Scarf moveset. Hydreigon seems to move too slow sometimes, but when I tried the Choice Scarf it wouldn't hit as hard. But whatever, you guys probably know what is best. Expert Belt does well considering Hydreigon has a move for almost every single type combination possible with all of the diverse typed moves it has. The only thing I don't like about Choice Scarf is the lock on it and the loss of power..

I always use a Choice Scarf for Hydreigon, but seeing as you're already using it for Heracross, your options are more limited. I would suggest Choice Specs to give him more power, if you don't mind having two Pokémon on your team with choice items. When sending this guy out, make sure that you know the opponent is slower.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Heracross has pulled off so many sweeps for me. Choice Scarf, Moxie and very powerful moves go so well together. I chose Adamant over Jolly for the added power and because Choice Scarf will make it fast enough for most Pokemon. Close Combat is my main go-to move because Megahorn isn't always as reliable as I'd like it to be. I never really saw much purpose to put Sleep Talk > Night Slash because so far Heracross hasn't slept once. That way I have one more attacking move in my arsenal.

Don't even bother with Sleep Talk, this guy needs as much coverage as he can get. I would just stick with Night Slash.

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage

This set unlike most that I see isn't mixed. I have a Lum Berry to avoid Salamence getting crippled, Dragon Dance, Moxie and Outrage is just a killer combination, minus the end confusion if Lum Berry was already used. I didn't like the drop in SDef, so I went with Jolly and removed Hydro Pump for Aqua Tail. Even though Aqua Tail doesn't have 100% accuracy, it's still a lot more reliable than Hydro Pump.

I've used nearly the same set as you for this one. The only thing I might suggest is to replace Aqua Tail with Fire Blast. Fire Blast gives you excellent coverage over Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor- even if you don't invest any EVs into SpAtk along with a hindering nature.

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 216 Def / 92 SAtk
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Last and probably least, Lanturn. Even though I think it's my least effective Pokemon, it still does it's job and pretty well too. It can sort of heal itself by switching in to an opposing water attack, though that requires good prediction. Plus it has Leftovers so that helps too. Scald cripples most Pokemon by giving them burns, and Lanturn can also spread Toxic too. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are infamous together because of their great coverage together.

I would only replace Toxic with Thunder Wave. If you replace Scald with Confuse Ray, you can also get a Parafusion combo.

I hope I did this right and I hope it was a pretty good team too! I would love to see you guys rate and help me make changes to the team. If any changes are made to this team, I will bold it in this post and give you credit. Thank you in advance.
You said Lanturn was the least effective Pokémon on your team... It can and it can't depending on what you need for your team. All that Lanturn is really good at doing is Parafusion. You might want to consider a Rapid Spinner on your team like Starmie- Salamence and sashed Azelf can be really weakened by Stealth Rock and other entry hazards.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 29, 2013 at 02:41:27 PM.
Old July 19, 2013, 08:14:59 PM
Giratina

*copies and pastes VM*

Thanks man! I'm thinking about Waterfall on Quagsire and Parafusion for Lanturn. But Stealth Rocks don't seem to affect me much, considering Azelf is usually first and is only there to put up rocks of my own.