Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 22, 2011, 11:12:53 PM
Volcarona

Default My first real competitive team, and RMT in general

I'm doing this on a Wii, so I won't put effort into finding pics. Well, here goes!

Latios- Holds a WhiteHerb
Has a Modest Nature
Levitate
(252 SP.ATK, 252 SPEED, 4 SP.DEF)
Moves- Surf(For pesky Excadrills), Thunderbolt, Substitute, DracoMeteor(For quick kills)

Everyone seems to always ignore the usefulness of this Pokemon over Garchomp. This thing would WASTE a Garchomp, due to being faster, and with even more speed, this thing can kill any sweeper and Dragon with one DracoMeteor, and a WhiteHerb to back it up can end the battle *snap* just like that. Substitute's here to take advantage of an opponent's emergency switch-out, Surf for Ground-types, and Thunderbolt against Politoed and Jellicent.

Cobalion- Holds a FocusSash
Has an Impish Nature
Justified
(252 ATK, 252 DEF, 4 SPEED)
Moves- SacredSword, IronHead, CloseCombat, GigaImpact

Well this one's very simple. Bash the opponent. Holds a FocusSash to retaliate against a special sweeper.

Tyranitar- Holds a Leftovers
Has a Sassy Nature
SandStream
(252 SP.DEF, 252 SP.ATK, 4 ATK)
Moves- Flamethrower(For occasional BugSteel and Ferrothorn), StealthRock,
Pursuit, Protect

Like noted, there are more Grass, Steel, and Bug-types than ever, because of Drizzle Politoed, new ice types, so Flamethrower and Thunderbolt is real useful. Pursuit also works on Psychics and Ghosts needing a good switch-out.

Scrafty- Holds a ChopleBerry
Has a Relaxed Nature
ShedSkin
(252 DEF, 252 ATK, 4 SP.DEF)
Moves- DrainPunch, Payback, HighJumpKick, Toxic

Good 'ol stall formula. Inflict effects, and keep health high. No simpler.

Forretress- Holds a NormalGem
Has an Adamant Nature
Sturdy
(252 DEF, 252 ATK, 4HP)
Moves- Explosion, Spikes, IronDefense, VoltSwitch

I'm experimenting with this. It could easily take-down a Swampert. And Drizzle Politoeds have no chance, then I could switch into Tyranitar. Otherwise, it's just made for setting up traps.

Garchomp- Holds a YacheBerry
Has an Adamant Nature
SandVeil
(252 ATK, 252 SPEED, 4 HP)
Moves- Earthquake, BrickBreak, DragonRush, Aerial Ace
SandVeil

The grand-daddy of attackers, it's so good, some sites have it in ubers. That's what you call bad~. Attack Pokemon with unexpected moves to have the upper hand. Doesn't get more old-school than that.

Now it's done! Feel free to give your opinion!

Last edited by Firo; August 23, 2011 at 12:20:28 PM. Reason: didnt add natures; was unorganized.
Old August 25, 2011, 08:12:24 AM
Floatzel

My changes will be in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firo View Post
I'm doing this on a Wii, so I won't put effort into finding pics. Well, here goes!

Latios- Holds a WhiteHerb
Has a Modest Nature
Levitate
(252 SP.ATK, 252 SPEED, 4 SP.DEF)
Moves- Surf(For pesky Excadrills), Thunderbolt, Substitute, DracoMeteor(For quick kills)
This is a... Weird Latios set. xD I'd keep the EVs, but the moveset is... odd. Hold Choice Specs and always have trick there if you want to screw up their physical sweeper. The nature, I'd change to Timid. Other than that, looks good. o-o

Everyone seems to always ignore the usefulness of this Pokemon over Garchomp. This thing would WASTE a Garchomp, due to being faster, and with even more speed, this thing can kill any sweeper and Dragon with one DracoMeteor, and a WhiteHerb to back it up can end the battle *snap* just like that. Substitute's here to take advantage of an opponent's emergency switch-out, Surf for Ground-types, and Thunderbolt against Politoed and Jellicent.

Cobalion- Holds a FocusSash
Has an Impish Nature
Justified
(252 ATK, 252 DEF, 4 SPEED)
Moves- SacredSword, IronHead, CloseCombat, GigaImpact
Looks REALLY good. I'd get rid of Giga Impact to put down Swords Dance. o-o That's just me, though. Change the Defense EVs to Speed, and you'll be sweeping!

Well this one's very simple. Bash the opponent. Holds a FocusSash to retaliate against a special sweeper.

Tyranitar- Holds a Leftovers
Has a Sassy Nature
SandStream
(252 SP.DEF, 252 SP.ATK, 4 ATK)
Moves- Flamethrower(For occasional BugSteel and Ferrothorn), StealthRock,
Pursuit, Protect
This is an odd set, if I had to say so myself. x3 Stealth Rock is great. Flamethrower is good with your EVs. I'd replace Pursuit with something like Payback.

Like noted, there are more Grass, Steel, and Bug-types than ever, because of Drizzle Politoed, new ice types, so Flamethrower and Thunderbolt is real useful. Pursuit also works on Psychics and Ghosts needing a good switch-out.

Scrafty- Holds a ChopleBerry
Has a Relaxed Nature
ShedSkin
(252 DEF, 252 ATK, 4 SP.DEF)
Moves- DrainPunch, Payback, HighJumpKick, Toxic
Oh look, a Scrafty! Most scrafties carry the same set, but if you're using it as a staller, it looks REALLY good. Nothing much to say...

Good 'ol stall formula. Inflict effects, and keep health high. No simpler.

Forretress- Holds a NormalGem
Has an Adamant Nature
Sturdy
(252 DEF, 252 ATK, 4HP)
Moves- Explosion, Spikes, IronDefense, VoltSwitch
Explosion is really good with Normal Gem. This set is weird. But I like it. o-o

I'm experimenting with this. It could easily take-down a Swampert. And Drizzle Politoeds have no chance, then I could switch into Tyranitar. Otherwise, it's just made for setting up traps.

Garchomp- Holds a YacheBerry
Has an Adamant Nature
SandVeil
(252 ATK, 252 SPEED, 4 HP)
Moves- Earthquake, BrickBreak, DragonRush, Aerial Ace
SandVeil
It's uber, just saying. xD But it looks really good. Replace Dragon Rush with Dragon Tail if you want to annoy them with Entry Hazards or replace it with OutRRRAAEEGGG. Other than that, looks great!

The grand-daddy of attackers, it's so good, some sites have it in ubers. That's what you call bad~. Attack Pokemon with unexpected moves to have the upper hand. Doesn't get more old-school than that.

Now it's done! Feel free to give your opinion!
Old August 29, 2011, 02:21:22 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRayquaza View Post
My changes will be in bold
Whew, relief! Thought it'd look bad. Thank for the fixes! I'll be sure to update my team!