Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 22, 2012, 07:39:47 AM
Volcarona

Cool Epic Moments in Video Games

Have you ever done something in a video game that made you gape in amazement? Have you ever seen something that was so interesting that it's still stuck in your mind? Have you ever done anything... epic? If so, post those moments here!

(Note: This thread is not for glitches, but rather, for amazing things you've done/seen in video games. I'm gonna ask that you refer to this thread for glitches. It's a bit old, but I'm sure we could just dust it off )

As for the moment that inspired me to make this thread...

My Moment    
Well, I was Light vs. Dark in Kid Icarus: Uprising, testing out a new Magnus Club I got. Throughout the matches I played, there was a guy with a Lancer Staff abusing Power Charge, so I made a point to get to him early and quickly. In the last match I played, we were on the map with the rocks and the castle on one end. After a few minutes, I got taken out for the second time in the match, and turned into Pit. Soon after, I got swarmed by, and got away from, 2 players on the Dark Team. I had noticed that the guy with the Lancer Staff had used Transperancy (invisibility), so I took a guess and fired the Palm that came with Pit near the rock where he had been standing all game. Not only did I hit him, I took him out and turned him into Dark Pit! In the few minutes that followed, we fought each other, and it came to a climax near the castle. Dark Pit only needed one more hit to go down, when he used Transperancy to get away again. At the same moment, I got pelted by an arrow that confused me. I decided to use Warp to get away from the crowd. I land on the second level of the castle, firing shots everywhere because of the confusion. I look down for a split second, fire a shot against my will in that split second, and as I'm going to turn right into the castle, I noticed something. I had hit Pit with the last stray shot while he was invisible, and taken him out to boot! I was staring at the screen for a few seconds, trying to piece together what had just happened. It was possibly the most amazing thing I've ever seen while playing online in KI:U.
Old August 22, 2012, 11:40:27 AM
Shaymin

Story tiem~    
So 3 of my friends and I decided to play PanzerKrieg in Company of Heroes. It's specifically based around tank combat among 3 types of tanks for each side. The game is based on a 1000 point ticker with 3 points to capture. When you own 2/3 Points, Your enemy loses points and vise versa. My ally and myself go with medium tanks, and our other two friends went with a light and a heavy,(The four of us were talking over a voice chat together.)
My Ally and myself were doing terrible, mainly because we would go off on our own against our opponents. When my side was at about 100/1000 points, we decided to strike as one group instead of two groups. We pushed them out of owning 3 Points and turned it in our favour, and now we had to hold that until their 900 points drop to 0 if we wanted to win. So every time the enemy tried attacking us, we would strike together. It wasn't until they were down to 300 that they realized they should attack us in force too. They tried, but, one of them is easier to take out, so we always went for him first, so we can focus on the heavier one later. It was also difficult for them since my ally and myself were levels higher than they were because of my constant harassing of the lighter tank.
We managed to win the round, and we felt good. Going from our faces in the dirt to rising to the top. Just shows you what teamwork can accomplish sometimes.
Old February 11, 2013, 11:15:10 AM
Volcarona

Welp, time to dust off this thread with a brand-new moment that happened to me last night.

Full Version    
Well, it started in a Trouble in Mineville server, where I was on put on the Traitors' team after the warmup. I managed to secure an Iron Sword by killing an Innocent person, and was almost killed by someone who saw it. I managed to convince them that I was innocent, and proceeded to go on my way. By the end of the match, it was ~9 Innocents against the remaining 3 Traitors (including me). The Traitors were holed up in a tunnel with 2 entrances - a ladder down in and a bridge that goes straight into it. The other 2 Traitors shot arrows up the ladder, but they didn't last long, or kill anyone either. At that point it was me versus 9 people who all knew I was the final Traitor...

And then the massacre began. 2 people came down the ladder. I slashed the first, and the second, somehow without a scratch. Someone came in from the bridge, and ran back out. They were taken out when I ran outside. I ran back in and caught someone running out of the cave. Looking up the ladder, I found someone going down it. They never made it down, I filled it with arrows. 2 people came in from the bridge. I got the first person with minimal damage, and the second went down in one hit. The final Innocent came down the ladder, and they got away before I could kill them. I turned out to the bridge and they had a bow ready to fire. I shot an arrow right when they did, and I took them out. I see in the message board below, "The Traitors have won!", and then I finally realized what I just did. I still had 4 hearts left after taking down about 2/3 of the Innocent team. Quite possibly the best Trouble in Mineville game I've ever played.

TL;DR Version    
After surviving an early scare on an MC server/plugin, I managed to end a match by killing off ~9 people in the span of about a minute, earning a win for my team. I was the last member of my team.

Last edited by ThePokeMan; February 11, 2013 at 11:16:51 AM.
Old February 20, 2013, 01:57:48 PM
Giratina

I finally got one.

I was researching strange time signatures since I felt the urge to compose in 12/8 time when I came across a page about Mother 3 and its irregular rhythms found later in the game. At the end of the page was one of the three songs in the game that I was totally unable to successfully 16-hit combo. One of the hardest songs for me to do has an awkward time signature of 14.5/8, or 29/16. But I attempted it after tapping out the beat hundreds of times, and I successfully did it with picture proof. Feeling confident, I decided to tackle the two other songs, and those seemingly had no beat. Those didn't come easy either but I finally did it, finishing the combos to all songs in the game.

Long story short, my amazing rhythm skills have helped me accomplish a super difficult goal I made a long long long time ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1361209111588.png
Views:	398
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	4572   Click image for larger version

Name:	1361214343061.png
Views:	431
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	4573   Click image for larger version

Name:	1361371652955.png
Views:	407
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	4574  
Old February 20, 2013, 04:59:30 PM
Giratina

You forced Lucas to, not only hit the Masked Man once, but 16 times in a row?
You monster.
Old February 20, 2013, 05:07:32 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
Welp, time to dust off this thread with a brand-new moment that happened to me last night.

Full Version    
Well, it started in a Trouble in Mineville server, where I was on put on the Traitors' team after the warmup. I managed to secure an Iron Sword by killing an Innocent person, and was almost killed by someone who saw it. I managed to convince them that I was innocent, and proceeded to go on my way. By the end of the match, it was ~9 Innocents against the remaining 3 Traitors (including me). The Traitors were holed up in a tunnel with 2 entrances - a ladder down in and a bridge that goes straight into it. The other 2 Traitors shot arrows up the ladder, but they didn't last long, or kill anyone either. At that point it was me versus 9 people who all knew I was the final Traitor...

And then the massacre began. 2 people came down the ladder. I slashed the first, and the second, somehow without a scratch. Someone came in from the bridge, and ran back out. They were taken out when I ran outside. I ran back in and caught someone running out of the cave. Looking up the ladder, I found someone going down it. They never made it down, I filled it with arrows. 2 people came in from the bridge. I got the first person with minimal damage, and the second went down in one hit. The final Innocent came down the ladder, and they got away before I could kill them. I turned out to the bridge and they had a bow ready to fire. I shot an arrow right when they did, and I took them out. I see in the message board below, "The Traitors have won!", and then I finally realized what I just did. I still had 4 hearts left after taking down about 2/3 of the Innocent team. Quite possibly the best Trouble in Mineville game I've ever played.

TL;DR Version    
After surviving an early scare on an MC server/plugin, I managed to end a match by killing off ~9 people in the span of about a minute, earning a win for my team. I was the last member of my team.

Y u no screenshot.
Old February 20, 2013, 05:54:04 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
You forced Lucas to, not only hit the Masked Man once, but 16 times in a row?
You monster.
"Lucas felt heartbroken."
But this was directly after the Masked Man nearly killed Flint, so I'm pretty sure Lucas wouldn't have minded. And Claus deserved it anyway, trying to strike Lucas and his friends with lightning.
Old July 15, 2013, 04:00:36 AM
Giratina

This counts more as a fail but it relieved me oh so much.

I was playing Wind Waker a week ago or so and I just got past the boss rematch room (The one with KoRL and the portal). Knowing that I have to fight a bunch of Phantom Ganons my first question is "So how do I get outta here?" One of my best friends was throwing a bunch of suggestions at me but nothing was working. I was stuck there for 20 minutes, so to just end it all I thought about committing suicide and jumping into a bottomless pit... which was apparently NOT bottomless and yet exactly what I needed to do. We rejoiced for a good minute.

And since I'm such a TRUE Zelda fan I used the Empty Bottle AND the Skull Hammer to play Dead Man's Volley with Phantom Ganon.
Old July 24, 2013, 08:09:50 PM
Volcarona

Playing Burnout Paradise on my laptop and doing a Burning Route on my new car (a Burning Route is basically "get from Point A to Point B in x amount of time", and you get a better car for completing one). I'm doing great time, and I'm just under the goal time of 1:51. The time is at 1:47, and I look up to see the red banner finish line... and completely miss the truck coming at me, so I hit it head-on. Cue the cinematic cutscene showing my wreck flying through the air majestically, as I begin to think about my NEXT attempt at the Burning Route. Then, out of nowhere, the 2 black bars signaling an end of event show up, and I realize the WRECK crossed the finish line. I see the words "YOU WIN" and completely speechless, see my time was 1:50.76, a quarter-second less than the goal time of 1:51.
Old August 18, 2013, 11:11:44 AM
Giratina

Me and Suicune were playing a few rounds of Mario Kart 7 after a very long time. We're on Mario Circuit and I run into an item box while trying to drift through a tight corner ahead of him. I make it in 1st and what does the item turn out to be? A BLUE SHELL. THERE WAS NO WAY HE COULD GET PAST ME AFTER THAT, AHAHAHA~! XD
Old August 18, 2013, 12:55:12 PM
Shaymin

A friend was facing me in Pikmen 3 Bingo with 1 pikmen to start. I kept messing around, not playing seriously, while my friend actually tried making an army. We had set the rules to allow a flag victories. He decided to try to collect the bigger things first, I went around him and got his flag with the only pikmen I had. I ran past his character as he was walking by with his huge bulborb body and was just like "Hey, what's up?" Then he just see's his flag getting dragged away by 1 pikmen. He managed to get it back and win, but damn it was just hilarious when he realized what I had done.

Last edited by Fubab_107; August 18, 2013 at 12:55:38 PM.
Old August 20, 2013, 03:17:26 AM
Floatzel

In Pokémon Pearl I was pretty new to the series, and I managed to grab the event Deoxys as soon as I got to Veilstone City. I pretty much exclusively used it, considering it was just plain awesome anyway and I had really liked the DNA pokémon since I watched Destiny Deoxys a year or so earlier.

Anyway, so two situations resulted.

One: In Canalave City I believe, I had just challenged Byron, and was proud that along the way I had leveled my Deoxys up some. He sent out his pokémon and whatnot, but I was confident I could beat him. First of all, I realized that all of Deoxys' moves were not very effective against steel. Secondly, it didn't obey me. I thus lost my Deoxys to his first pokémon without much of a struggle...
So the following morning I went out and hatched my Riolu, trained it to level 60 or so over the course of maybe two weeks, and got my revenge! Unfortunately, it also died pretty early due to bad choice of moves, but on his last pokémon my Deoxys managed to knock it out with a final Zap Cannon when it had perhaps ten HP after doing nothing for like four turns (although I had asked it to use Psycho Boost). I was so happy!

Later on, I went to go catch Giratina. Naturally, I planned to use my Deoxys to block it, using defense form and spamming Protect. I didn't do any research before then:

Giratina vanished instantly!

Oh, that's cool! Must be some new signature move...well, it might be like Fly and stuff, so I'll Protect.

Deoxys used Protect!

Giratina used Shadow Force!

Ha...fail.

It broke through Deoxys's defenses!

Wha....Wha....WHAT?! No way, oh my god...

It's super-effective! Deoxys fainted!

Nooooooooooooooooo!

It then tore through my team, but I managed to catch the thing in like my 48th Ultra Ball on my last pokémon! Success! And forever after, Giratina was one of my favorite legendaries.

Last edited by Tarellethiel; August 20, 2013 at 03:24:34 AM.
Old August 22, 2013, 03:21:30 AM
Magikarp

I was playing Ghost Recon and one mission near the end of the game had me against an entire complex full of enemies. Two main baddies were trying to escape in a near by helicopter in the middle of the complex and, if alerted, the timer would go from 5 minutes to 30 seconds with almost no hope of of getting to each objective. So, instead of doing my normally silenced sniper package, I shortened my lmg (it had no silencer), and grabbed my revolver (which counted as a sniper) and had to slowly sneak past around 15-20 cqb enimies. Finally I managed to ghost my way behind the chopper and, in about 30 seconds, I filled on my lmg and proceeded to destroy the helicopter, and (knowing the hvt spawn points by heart because i died a few times before) mow down the HVTs and their spare body guards just as they walked out of the door. Then began the long process of taking behind the small courtyard wall for cover and face the large complex of enemies now ready to take my head. Which was completed by aiming at one of the main doorways and never letting go of the trigger until i ran dry, and it worked! that was the best campaign mission i had ever done, and it was on the hardest difficulty
Old August 22, 2013, 07:14:44 PM
Charizard

Fire Emblem 6's fight against King Zephiel. Max stats, no less.
Already, it's like, "No, no. I shouldn't even be bothered." But I bothered anyway.
Anyway, skipping near to the end of his chapter, he's actually almost done in. I had to use the Holy Maiden to even stand a chance with no one dying. But then, Roy misses the attack that would have killed him. And then so does Fa. And then so does Lilina.

The RNG completely screwed me over. Veeeeeeery badly. And then, Zephiel attacks my Roy. Roy was already almost dead, so one hit would have killed him.

But then, the Random Number Goddess (or RNG) must have felt bad for what I had just gone through, so I was blessed with luck.

Zephiel misses his <80% chance of hitting me, and before he could hit again, Roy barely kills him with a >10% crit on a >60% chance of actually hitting him. (I don't exactly remember the numbers. >.>)

That will never happen again. Never.
I had to stop for a bit to contain what had just happened.
Ohohoh, during the days when I still didn't believe they had the bathing scenes in Riviera- The Promised Land, something like this was beyond the impossibility of already being impossible. If that makes sense.
Old August 30, 2013, 08:16:02 PM
Volcarona

I was playing on a games server on Minecraft and I found a game I really liked on that server. The game started by assigning everyone a random class (with different items) and then you had to be the last one standing. I was doing pretty good for myself when I simultaneously knocked someone into a bottomless pit and had my only weapon stolen from me by that person. Armed only with potions from random drop crates, I became the MC equivalent of Solid Snake.

The rest of the story    
At this point, I figured I should avoid the rest of the competitors so as to not waste my supply of potions (2 Healings and Invisibility). I immediately found someone and quicky took all my armor off and drank the Potion of Invisibility.

I got away from him and eventually found another person stranded on a ship (the whole map was floating so if you fell, you died), and next to a potion crate which he had no idea how to get. I fell to the ship and grabbed it, getting a Splash Potion of Harming and a Potion of Strength. I used my splash Harming on him, but he died later from missing a jump and falling into the void.

At this point there were 3 people left, and I found the other 2. They were teamed, and since I had no weapon, I figured I had no chance, but I decided to kamikaze anyway. I drank the Potion of Strength, pulled out an arrow, and jumped down to them.

The 2 of them had 2 different weapons; one had an iron shovel, while the other had a gold hoe (which thanks to the plugin could shoot a fireball). I attacked the one with the shovel, and the one with the hoe stayed back to try to shoot me down. After a fast battle, I was down to 2 hearts, and I doubt I did much damage to the guy with the shovel. His teammate shot a blast with the hoe, and it killed his teammate with the shovel. Since the gold hoe could barely damage me, I went all-out on him as well, and ended up beating him down with an arrow, taking my 3rd win in that game.

TL;DR version    
I used a bit of stealth to survive to the final 3, and got in a fight with the other 2 with no actual weapon. Against the odds, and with amazing luck, I took out both of them with an arrow and a small damage boost to win the game.

Last edited by ThePokeMan; August 30, 2013 at 08:16:20 PM.
Old November 25, 2013, 08:18:03 PM
Giratina

I believe I was on the bus about a week or two ago. HeartGold never leaves my side, even when I sleep, so it's no surprise I was playing. I was grinding like crazy on Route 48 so I could beat Jasmine since I took a peek at her levels and oh Jesus was I underleveled. I was tapping the screen furiously since I really didn't care what I killed, but for some reason I decided to look over and I saw this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131119_151756.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	5805

At first I thought my screen was broken cause Hoppip can never be green but then I looked again... oh sweet Jesus it was SHINY and I didn't even realize it. And I had already taken out half its health, my thumb already hovering over the button for Peck. If I didn't look over at that second I probably would've killed it.
Old November 25, 2013, 08:37:38 PM
Zoroark

I recently played Mother 3, I lost any skill I had at comboing. While fighting the Barrier Trio, I scored a 16 hitter on them with defenses down. And it wasnt with Duster or Lucas or even Boney. With Kumatora. I <3 you Kumatora.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 25, 2013 at 08:42:45 PM.
Old November 25, 2013, 08:41:15 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEspeon25 View Post
I recently played Mother 3, I lost any skill I had at comboing. While fighting the Barrier Trio, I scored a 16 hitter on them with defenses down. And it wasnt with Duster or Lucas or even Boney. With Kumatora. I <3 you Kumatora.
Ooh, trust me. Original Mother 3 =/= Portable Mother 3. The 16 hit combo system has a different feel depending on what you use to play the game. On my last run it took me weeks to score a 16 hitter perfectly any time. You're amazing for getting one on that song, I commend you. Sucks it was with Kumatora though, she can't beat up a tea kettle with her little gloves.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 25, 2013 at 08:43:10 PM.