Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 22, 2012, 08:55:14 PM
Shaymin

Default Got a new phone

Well we dropped off my phone at the Rogers store for them to send it off for a quote and then repairs, because it hasn't been turning on for the last few days. How disappointing... Especially because they erase everything on my phone, so I won't have my text conversations, nor all of my e-mail drafts (which had some really important things)... Ah well, good news is that I'm not left without a cellular device over the winter break! They've supplied me with this! It's actually not that bad. I definitely like android now. Many of the features are things I wish my phone had... Sucks to be not an iOS nor android. There's nothing to doooooooooo. I no longer like my Samsung Focus. I'm looking to get an HTC One X+.
Old December 23, 2012, 12:13:39 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
Well we dropped off my phone at the Rogers store for them to send it off for a quote and then repairs, because it hasn't been turning on for the last few days. How disappointing... Especially because they erase everything on my phone, so I won't have my text conversations, nor all of my e-mail drafts (which had some really important things)... Ah well, good news is that I'm not left without a cellular device over the winter break! They've supplied me with this! It's actually not that bad. I definitely like android now. Many of the features are things I wish my phone had... Sucks to be not an iOS nor android. There's nothing to doooooooooo. I no longer like my Samsung Focus. I'm looking to get an HTC One X+.
Or get a WP8 Nokia? Funny thing, I have the exact opposite experience. Coming from Android to Windows Phone meant I enjoyed much better stability and performance for some reason. Doesn't hurt that even the hardware itself is an upgrade anyway, even when constrained to 7.5 specs. Being a Nokia also helped a lot when it came to apps.

Last edited by Twiggy; December 23, 2012 at 12:14:41 AM.
Old December 23, 2012, 11:54:18 AM
Shaymin

No way. I hate Windows Phone... I can't stand it. They just don't suit my style, but the HTC One X+ is a great phone for how I like things to get done! As somebody who prefers Windows over Android, doesn't it bother you how much the Marketplace lacks?
Old December 23, 2012, 12:13:52 PM
Regigigas

Compared to the Apple marketplace though, both android and Windows markets are lacking. Still, that doesn't make up for the fact most iPhones can't do data and voice at the same time, while most androids can.

I have the Galaxy Nexus myself and absolutely love it.
Old December 23, 2012, 01:06:19 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I have the Galaxy Nexus myself and absolutely love it.
I wanted the Galaxy Nexus, but apparently Rogers discontinued it, so I can't have it. The specs for it are amazing though, it appears to be quite the impressive phone! I'm jealous.
(Also, a massive marketplace isn't what I'm looking for. I like what's offered in Google Play, but Windows Marketplace lacks much of what I want. I'm not the biggest fan of Apple. It's cool, I respect Apple users and the devices, but my family is with Android.)
Old December 23, 2012, 01:58:16 PM
Giratina

Actually, Shade, I heard somewhere that a lot of companies are telling their employees to switch to Android-based phones. I also heard that Android OS makes-up 90% of all phones in China. So I would say that Apple is starting to slip in the mobile department.

Unless you're talking about the stores that each mobile OS have. In that case, I have no idea where each provider stands. I just know iOS is starting to fumble when compared to the likes of Android.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; December 23, 2012 at 01:58:32 PM.
Old December 24, 2012, 11:22:37 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
As somebody who prefers Windows over Android, doesn't it bother you how much the Marketplace lacks?
For one reason or another, not at all. Perhaps it's because I get by just fine with just a web browser - I use my smartphone not as a portable app device, but rather as a gateway to the Internet.

Besides, I have my laptop.

I'd rather take lack of apps over instability. To me, a mobile device must be reliable. Android by itself... naaaaah.

Last edited by Twiggy; December 24, 2012 at 11:23:32 PM.