Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 15, 2013, 11:11:03 PM
Administrator

Default PlayStation 4

It surprises me that we don't have a dedicated thread for this console yet, considering the Xbox One has one.

Anyway, the system is out now, and according to the reviews on Amazon, they pulled an Xbox 360:
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-...DateDescending
Half of them don't work. That's just lovely. Guess it's a bad idea to buy one for a while, but frankly, it's never really a good idea to buy a console until it has had a chance to pick up some steam.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 15, 2013 at 11:22:27 PM.
Old November 16, 2013, 02:16:00 AM
Shaymin

It's relatively sold out where I am right now, so I'd have to wait a week or two anyway...

Honestly though, I'm alright until even after the New Year. All I really wanted to play was Octodad and... That was it. I'm waiting until another two or three games come out that convince me to get one.

Till then, I'll just keep savin'.
Old November 16, 2013, 03:39:37 AM
Rayquaza

Don't ever buy a console at launch

Old November 16, 2013, 07:58:48 AM
Regigigas

To be fair, people are more vocal about what goes wrong than what goes right. My PS4 works perfectly fine, no issues at all. Though there is a slight lack of games atm, Resogun should keep me occupied for awhile.

EDIT: This sums it up well: "Most people with a good console are busy playing it, those who got a bad one are busy posting about it so you will mostly [see] bad posts about defective units." -Amazon customer comment

Last edited by Shade; November 16, 2013 at 09:34:54 AM.
Old November 16, 2013, 08:22:46 AM
Giratina

Hey, it was important that I bought the 3DS at launch or else I'd be lugging around my mom's pink DS Lite to school. Not to mention the nice ambassador games~ Even now I have the same 3DS from 2 years ago that works very fine.

That being said, I think I'm firm in my decision that I'll never buy a PlayStation 4. Sony hasn't appealed to me in years and what they're doing now makes me angry. But I'll keep an eye on its library for anything remotely interesting.
Old November 17, 2013, 05:04:20 AM
Haxorus

It's a shame because I was going to get one of these soon after launch. Oh well, GTA 5 can keep me busy
Old November 17, 2013, 06:29:40 PM
Charizard

I'll be putting it off for now- waiting for the library to increase. Though, right now there is Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, (eventual Persona 5)...

I-I'll probably get one eventually.
There are some insane people smashing their console right as they get it, though.
Viewer Discretion is advised. :p

It must be nice to have $500+ to waste like that.
Old November 20, 2013, 06:32:18 AM
Kyurem

Apparently the PlayStation 4 is so good at running games that Call of Duty: Ghosts has trouble keeping the frames go out smoothly because vertical sync is apparently not implemented properly and the game is running at a frame rate above 60 FPS a lot of the time when it's not getting too heavy, especially before the 1080p patch.
Old November 20, 2013, 06:47:26 AM
Rayquaza

This is why I personally think the PS4 and Xbox One are unnecessary, video games have already reached the maximum point of good graphics.

All that they can do is launch a new console with more gimmicky add ons while forcing you to pay extra for a new console and new games because, hey they can't be backwards compatible.
Old November 20, 2013, 11:58:17 AM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
This is why I personally think the PS4 and Xbox One are unnecessary, video games have already reached the maximum point of good graphics.
TF2, again, an excellent example of game design. With correct logic such as "Why make a new game? We can just add stuff on to keep people playing!" It's been out for almost seven years now. TF2 is mainly played on the Pc, though. I think Valve has realized that Microsoft isn't worth dealing with. As Tf2 of PC, Mac, Linux, etc. has 404 updates, while the xbox 360 version has four.
EDIT: not to mention our fanbase has a better ratio of Players to small annoying and obnoxious children.

Last edited by Wolfbane5001; November 20, 2013 at 12:00:50 PM.
Old November 20, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
Keldeo

I'm as blind as a Zubat and can't exactly discern graphics much higher than 720p without a magnifying glass, so I don't see what the big deal about that part is (for both the PS4 and Xbox One). Also, I haven't really been impressed with the games that come out on it and they charge money for. Lastly, I'm broke and don't have the time anyway so long story short I'm probably never going to get a PS4.
Old November 29, 2013, 05:56:26 AM
Kyurem

Apparently Battlefield 4 also runs better on the PS4 than the Xbox One, in terms of both resolution and frame rate (!).

I think someone got the priorities right on Sony and horribly wrong on the Xbox One.

Either way, all I can say is: if you don't care about any Xbox One exclusives and just want to have a next-gen console, just get a PS4. Don't bother with the Xbox One until further notice. PS4 will get more media features as time goes on, anyway, since they just didn't get the software ready. (We know MP3 and CD playback will be patched in.)

Last edited by Twiggy; November 29, 2013 at 05:58:17 AM.
Old December 9, 2013, 12:42:39 PM
Mudkip

the only thing that i have found to be wrong with my ps4 at the moment is that my ps4 thinks it knows what is best for me and keeps locking my screen resolution to automatic instead of letting me change it to 1080i after contacting sony they said it should be fixed with a patch because alot of people are having this issue.

"knock on wood" that is the only case i have and will have for many years at least until the ps5 =p

but yeah playing assassins creed at the moment on it and it is really good, but i want FF15 already and someone to come out and say "yes darksouls 2 will be on the ps4 =3)