Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 28, 2013, 11:46:47 PM
Administrator

Default Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre (Nintendo Direct)

Looks like Nintendo is putting out an older piece of software onto the eShop, one that I didn't even know existed, titled Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre.

The video does a pretty good job of showing it off, but if you don't have the time to watch it, it's an interactive audio guide of the Louvre museum in France, home of many famous paintings and sculptures. What prevents this guide from being contextually useless (as most audio guides would if used externally) is that it contains high resolution imagery and 3D models of practically every piece of art in the museum in addition to voice narration about each piece, both as a virtual tour and as a directory. If used inside the Louvre itself, it will narrate as you navigate through the museum. (3DS XL systems with the software are available for rental at the Louvre as well.)

It's rather steep at $19.99, but considering the encyclopedic content of this, I'm willing to bet some art buffs would find it well worth the price.

Also, physical copies are available as souvenirs only at the Louvre. I have a feeling this product might become quite rare in the future.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 28, 2013 at 11:49:22 PM.
Old November 29, 2013, 02:49:30 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Also, physical copies are available as souvenirs only at the Louvre. I have a feeling this product might become quite rare in the future.
The interesting part about this is that the physical English version is partially region-free. It can be used on both North American/Latin American/Southeast Asian and European/Australian systems just fine. Try using it on a Japanese system, though, and it'll fail. Tourists? (Makes perfect sense.)

Last edited by Twiggy; November 29, 2013 at 02:50:13 AM.
Old November 29, 2013, 03:28:01 AM
Linoone

Though I could never see myself owning this particular bit of software, I have to admit it seems like a very nice idea on Nintendo's part and I wonder if they'd do similar sort of things for other mueseums / historical sites / places of interest in the future.