Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 25, 2015, 02:07:06 AM
Charizard

Default The Diamond Blog

So since I'm back for the most part, I may as well make one of these -- have VR catch up on what I've been up to.

For about three years, I've been in close ties with a friend, Adam, who was hurting emotionally, on various levels. I was basically his moral support, and from his point of view, his only real friend. I won't go into his personal life, but he was also a member of this forum -- known as "Blood Swampert". We met before he joined VR. During the three years of our friendship, I got to know his friends, along with his brother and his friends.

Unfortunately, the further our friendship continued, the more unstable his emotions became, and I'm very sad to say that during June of this current year, he committed suicide. My last words to him were along the lines of "Good night", from the night before. We did not had any negative emotions between each other in the slightest.

I was willing to help his brother while his family was grieving -- seeing as Adam and I considered each other as brothers, his brother was just as much of one to me as Adam was. Though really, we were helping each other grieve. I feel as though along with his family, Adam's death hit me the hardest. I'm trying my best to move on, especially with the fact that I'm still in college, but it's just not that simple at all. I've only told one member of VR about the situation. I won't say who, of course, but you know who you are if you're reading this.

On a lighter note, I've also taken careful care in crafting a story for my characters, Pokemon included, in a new story. I'm sure some of you remember the fanfic I had made in 2012, "Azure Chronicles". A work of fiction far too ambitious for my 17-year old brain at the time, but it formed a base for Adam and I's RPs at the time. To the point it became a universe all its own. And it holds too many memories for me to use again. This universe, instead, is more like a retelling of my character's story, done in the style of journal entries. They are hosted on another forum, but I might post them here someday, and don't worry, there's still plenty of Floatzel in it. Additonally, one part of the notes I made for a "saga" of it reflects Adam, in a way. But at the pace I make those chapters, it'll be quite a while before that chapter gets made.

I forget whether or not I've made a blog on here before, but here is this, and here it'll stay.