Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 28, 2012, 10:35:17 AM
Shaymin

Default Plaz's Blog of Life.

PLAZ'S BLOG STARTS HERE
Note that I will not make this too long/descriptive, so you better read all of it, and like it XD.

ENTRY 1: The day of Les Misérables
So on Thursday the BHS Music Department went on our annual field trip. Since I am in both Band and Elite Choir, I am a part of the Music Department, so I gotta go! Thursday we got to the school and had to go to our 0Hour class (the class that starts before school does). That was the only bad part, really. So after that we packed up and was on the bus! The play was about 2 hours away, so the bus ride was long, good thing I had my three best friends with me.

On the bus Ross, Lauren, Emma, and I played stupid games (By stupid, I mean funny, of course). That occupied half of the ride, the rest of it me and Lauren talked about this realllllllllly strange band called Cocorosie. But by the time we got to St.Louis it was only 10:30, so we had to go do something before the show started, so we headed to Dave & Busters.

OMG OMG, that was the best time ever! Dave & Busters is the best place ever. First, when we were there, we went to the buffet to eat. They had NASTY cheeseburgers, and AMAZING Chicken Pops. And their sweet tea was phenomenal. But that wasn't the fun. It started when we went to the arcade. The 4 of us went over to a 4 person air-hockey! That was great, though I was the first person to lose, it was still great. Then after that we headed our way to the Horse Races! They are this thing where 2-12 people play this skeeball like thing; If you hit the top row, you horse runs; if it gets the middle row, it trots; if you miss it walks. So basically I got last place in that game the whole time, but I am fine with losing. The next thing we did was play Pacman: Battle Royale. That, for some reason was really awesome! The final thing that the 4 of us did was go to this photo booth. Now... This isn't an ordinary photo booth... IT WAS THE VERY FIRST INTERACTIVE PHOTO BOOTH! We didn't know that when we went into it, though, we thought we were just getting pictures! But NO! We went in there and gave it 5 dollars, then these BRIGHT lights game on and these fans popped out of the bottom. We had messy hair and were blinded and then this huge iPad thing came out and it asked us to select a model. The first time we pick Austin Powers. Then on the screen was Austin and he started talking and told us to copy the poses he did. That was were it got weird, we just posed and did weird things... I will post the pictures if I can scan them. Anyways, it was so fun we did it again! That time we did it with the cast of Jersey Shore! It was hilarious! Best time ever.

So the play... It turned out I already have read the book and seen the movie, so I already knew what was going to happen. But none the less it was one of the best I have seen up to now. And the music was amazing. I would watch it again any day!

Last edited by teamplasma; October 29, 2012 at 05:31:43 PM.
Old October 29, 2012, 06:03:57 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 2: My Gimp Crashed. So I will rant about this girl.

So I am blogging right now because my Gimp Crashed. Just to tell you, I erased about 4 paragraphs of text to write something else, so please don't knock this off. So came here not sure what my topic would be so I just typed. Then I decided that this is a lot more interesting:

Have you ever seen a girl that looks really young and is pregnant. You know, those girls that you would think would NEVER do something like that. Well that happened to one of my friends. Hannah friend was only 15 when she found out, and after she did find out she avoided coming to school. Well, finally when she did her life sucked. Let me tell you now, when you do something, something so terrible at an early age, you are judged beyond belief. She went from a great person to depress in a snap. It was horrible for her and her life.

Now that you know her story, let me add emphasis, let me tell you about her. So Hannah is only 15, right, well guess how old the father is... he is (Wait for it)... 23. A 15 YEAR OLD GOT PREGNANT FROM A 23 YEAR OLD! I was shocked when I found that out. She was my friend for a long time and then over the summer she goes all... yeah... and gets pregnant! And the worst things are yet to come. The other thing about it is that her parents dont care. Her parents could care less that she is having a baby at 15. That is seriously messed up... The very last thing I am going to throw at you is that she is keeping the baby to raise at 15. SHE THINKS THAT SHE CAN AFFORD TO RAISE A BABY AT 15! She has school, she doesn't have a job, and she is clueless about this kind of stuff. I dont know anymore.... I think that I will have to write another entry about the aftermath. I just cant deal with her.

Until next time, Plaz.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 30, 2012 at 03:58:11 PM.
Old October 30, 2012, 03:57:53 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 3: MY MONEY WAS STOLEN!

Today at school didn't go as well as I wanted it to. 2 things happened that pained me, but o save you from my madness I will just talk about one. Ok, so today in PE I was getting changed, and before that I put my wallet into my locker, so it woulnd't fall out. So I thought that I had my wallet in my locker.

---
This is where I am cutting out the class of PE
---

At the end of PE this kid, who is a senior comes up to me and asks me if this was my wallet. I say it is and take it. At first I didn't think anything of it, because this guy isn't know for doing bad things. BUT When I get out of the class I found that the $70-100 that was in it was gone. So I was LIVID! I was so mad that got a headache right when I noticed. I didn't know this kids name, or who he was, but I had a PE locker right by him. So I asked around and not many people even knew who I was referring to, let alone what his name was. So I went the whole day (PE is my 3rd hour class) without any money and really mad. I told A LOT of people, so hopefully be filled with guilt or I will find his name so I can get my money back! I am going to end her before my keys break from my angry typeing. Until next time!

Last edited by teamplasma; October 31, 2012 at 07:11:38 PM.
Old October 31, 2012, 07:26:36 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 4: Terror on the Square

In Petersburg, IL there is an old funeral home, abandoned and kept from the public. A semicentury after it was abandoned it was reopened, but for another purpose. In a years time a small group of people turned this towns building into a huge haunted house, creating Terror on the Square.

So basically that is the real history behind the place. But that isn't how I say it, I thought it was just another haunted house. Contrary to how poor Petersburg is, this haunted house is a very expensive, amazing, and frighting place. It has holographic affects, an old elevator, and a great staff. I keep talking about how great they are, I should be talking about how scary it is! It is so frightening! They have a great storyline, and layout! The people are so scary when they get in your face and talk to you. They have a lot of unexpected twists in it. During the elevator ride the guide was stolen by an "escape mental patient" and "killed". Then the patient was stuck in the elevator with us for a long time, make us scared and such. The special affects get two . They had an electric cage that gave off pulses of electricity which vibrated the whole floor. The strobes were in sync with this loud banging and that was cool. And the holographs had light and physical things in sync with when they moved.

So that is how I spent my day! And it was great. I still haven't heard anything about the guy who stole my wallet.
Old November 2, 2012, 05:46:11 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 5: A belief of mine. Dont judge.

I don't know if anyone else believes in spirits, but I do. I believe that there is a time after life where spirits lurk the earth. Maybe it is just residual energy for the strong life that soul had lead, or maybe it is something else. I am saying this with little facts of what it is, but that doesn't mean I have experience things that make me believe. I am not sure if spirits are all acting in a certain matter, and I am not even sure if they are there for a reason, but I do believe that they exist. Admitting this to people is a little hard because I am not sure how people will think of me afterwards, but I just wanted to let people know about it, maybe to share common beliefs.

Do you agree?
Old November 3, 2012, 07:50:59 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 6: IMEA. My freshman experience.

Allow me to explain to you what IMEA is before I tell you about my time there. IMEA is a huge concert of high school teens that play concert songs together. IMEA stands for Illinois Music Education Association. You audition to take part in this about a month before the concert, and then after making it you practice at your school with the music. You arrive there and practice for 7 hours on this music with a group and play with them in a concert. (And I dont know if you have realized this, but 7 hours is a really short amount of time to perfect a piece of music)

Anyways. So I get there and I am excited, and it is hard to excite me at 8AM. I see familiar faces from band camp and other music things I have done. I have been to this college that the concert is at before so I am like a pro at navigating. I was followed by like everyone when we had to go from hall to hall. So I felt pretty good about that... I didn't really meet anyone new, because I rarely talked to the saxophones I sat by. I was really worn out by the end of this day, I am in fact about to fall asleep while I am typing this now. Well I dont want to say too much, but it is a really wonderful experience to work with so many talented teens. And I would just like to say, among all the kids who auditioned in IL I was one of the few freshman to make it, so I am very proud to have made this in my freshman year.

Last edited by teamplasma; November 5, 2012 at 04:20:31 PM.
Old November 5, 2012, 04:23:52 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 7: I wrote a sonnnnnnggggg.

So me and one of my best friends both want to be musicians when we get older. Though he and I have different views on what they want to do, we still love to write. That can be songs, literature, or even just nonsense. Today I present to you my very first song!

BETTER READ THESE SIZZLIN' LYRICS    

Then I will be here waiting for you.

If you break my butterfly insides
If you leave me in the dark
If you want something more than I am
Then I will, yes I will, be here waiting for you

-

When you feel that I am not the type
Type of guy that you outta like
When you feel like I not right
Then I will be here waiting for you

-

I will be here waiting for you
Even after what you put me through
Even after the things I said I will do
Even when you rip me in two

I thought that we would be strong
I thought that we would get along
But I guess that didn’t last for long
No not long at all

-

How will you deal
How will you feel
How will it be
When you hear this and realize it is by me

-

But don’t mistake at all
And don’t think at all
And don’t think I will fall
Because this song is all
About how I will, yes I will, be here waiting for you

-

I will be here waiting for you
Even after what I said I wouldn’t put me through
Even after the things I said I wouldn’t do
Even when you said you wouldn’t rip me in two

I thought that we would be strong
I thought that we would get along
But I guess that didn’t last for long
No not long at all

-

I will be here
I will take away the fear
I will be there
In your heart

Right here

-

But you are gone
And I put a new face on
And it feel like a ton
All because you are gone

Quote:
Chorus
Bridge
Verses

Last edited by teamplasma; November 10, 2012 at 04:27:34 PM.
Old November 10, 2012, 04:34:09 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 8: Look at me going to le movies!
So for the first time in a long time I did something fun on the weekend! Woo! I went to go see the movie Sinister o for the first time in a long time I did something fun on the weekend! Woo! I went to go see the movie Sinister with my best friend Tyler and my other friend Josie. Let me tell you, if you like quality movies, this is awesome. I love this movie because unlike most modern film it tries to scare you because of the story of it, not because of things popping up or yelling at the screen. This movie has a creepy story and is REALLY graphic. I will not say anything about the plot, you can google that, but I really loved it.

I am the type of person who enjoys scary movies, and sometimes laughs at them. I dont get scared by them, I just get a sensation of anxiety. Like when something scary pops I will sometimes either laugh or just stare at it. It is really a blessing to not be scared of things like that. But that is basically it for now. GO SEE IT, THEN WE WILL TALK ABOUT IT!
Old November 19, 2012, 06:39:09 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 9: I know I haven't updated in a while... BUT MY DAY WAS REALLY GOOD!
So day started like an average day, you know, I went to school and did whatever there... BUT the day got REALLY good after school.I got home and found out that WE GOT A HOT TUB! Woot woot, party at my house. So I was really excited when I saw that. And I am still a little elated. And that elation sparked the next events joy. I was watching Teen Mom 2 (don't judge) and a commercial for one of my favorite bands (AWOLnation) came on the TV. I was like ! And so then I was a little wary about going there (because it is really close to my town). So then I researched it and another band I like (Imagine Dragons) is opening for them!!! I was like . You couldn't imagine how crazy it has been. WHAT A GREAT DAY!

Last edited by teamplasma; December 2, 2012 at 05:40:40 PM.
Old December 2, 2012, 05:49:48 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 10: I read a book. AND DREW A PICTURE!

Wow. That pretty much sums up what I have been doing in the last few weeks. So if you don't care about me just like this post and leave... but I have more to say. So I was told by my English teacher that I needed to do a book report. So I went online and went shopping for books. I chose "Life Of Pi". You all probably have seen the trailer for the movie, and that is mainly the reason why I read it. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. The first part was slow and all about his past without conflict. The second part was about a boy who was stranded at see with a Bengal Tiger for 227 days, and his survival. The third part was mainly about how people reacted to his story after the interviews. It was just really great and had wonderful imagery.

If you look at my Art thread you can see why and what I have been drawing.

That is BASICALLY it since we have last chatted.

MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 3 DAYS AS OF NOW~!
Old December 20, 2012, 07:47:35 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 11: It just got real. Free to read.

Today was an interesting day for me, so I felt like I should blog since it has been a long time. School was a little scary. It was the second to last day until our holiday break (woot) so everyone was really excited just for that. Near mid day it started to snow and the snow quickly grew into a storm. The snow storm seemed to occupy most peoples attention forever (pitiful for high schoolers). During eighth hour all the power went off, which scared me. A girl across the room immediately yelled "THE WORLD IS ENDING". That made me crack up! It was just too funny. The fire alarm started going off when the lights came back one. We were SO confused. Had a fire started when the lights were off? WE started a single file line in the classroom, but didn't know where to go. Do we go outside and freeze to death (in out short-sleeve shirts) or stay inside and go up in flames? The power went out again but the fire alarm was still going. I was just like, "I dont want to stay here and listen to this!" Cause I was getting a HUGE headache. So I got our teacher to ask the principle if we could get out early.. AND WE DIIID! I was excited.

I also was told something interesting.... I was SO mad at the results of the XFactor tonight that I posted a status about Tate Stevens and how he isn't a $5,000,000 act. A kid that I dont talk to commented on my status and told me to die. I didn't know how to get over it or how to deal with it so I just ignored it and let other people comment on the status... But whatever..
Old January 11, 2013, 08:22:04 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 12: Awko-Vlogs.

2 Things to ignore:
The Water mark, I was just made and in a hurry to get it over with.
My lose of thought. XD
Old March 16, 2013, 07:54:55 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 13: Updating after 2 months...

Yeah, it has been a while, but I don't really have an excuse. It isn't like you guys where sitting at the edge of your desk chair waiting for the next update, though.

Lately: So recently (since the last time we talked) there has been A LOT of drama in my life. My best friend had went through a TERRIBLE breakup and so there was about 3 weeks of pure and intense social drama. I usually hate having to deal with it, but I didn't want to not be there for my best friend.
Also I have been starting my Variety Show practices. Variety Show is a performance that the BHS Elite Choir puts on annually, with a different theme every year. It is basically an excuse for us to sing songs of that suit the picked theme for that year. This year is TV, so we are singing songs and artists that won awards and TV shows that have famous songs in them.

Yesterday: I went out with my friends Ross and Parker (the won who just was broken up with) to see an a capella musical called SHOUT! . It was really good for a high school production, and the singing was wonderful! Afterwards we went out to eat at Steak n Shake and had a fun time there.

So basically that is what has happened to me lately!
Old April 19, 2013, 06:47:58 PM
Shaymin

ENTRY 14: Recent Updates
Hello my fellow members of VR! I thought I would start off by saying that on another (smaller) forum, I have been promoted. I was promoted a mod there a few days ago and just haven't said anything hear about it. I doubt any of you have notice, but I have been posting less here and my time here have been decreasing over time. This is because of my work elsewhere. I am not leaving Victoryroad, I will always be a loyal member. I am just saying more of my time will have to go to other places.

In other news... That is about it... I have been working on starting ASB there and helping users...

I am sorry if I am talking too much about that place, but that it really all that has happened.

I sincerely miss talking to all my friends here. For a while now I have lost touch with a few of my VR friends and haven't talk to them for a while now (Especially since VRIM)... So I do aspire to become closer to the members here again, because I long for the old times here. :]

~Yours truely!