Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support > VRAC

Notices

VRAC Victory Road Adoption Center

Old September 7, 2013, 12:36:22 AM
Administrator

Haven't heard of that Pokémon, so I can't click that link.
Old September 7, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Haven't heard of that Pokémon, so I can't click that link.
https://pokemonxystuff.wordpress.com...kemon/froakie/
Old September 7, 2013, 11:38:39 AM
Administrator

Hm, where'd they get those sprites? Also, 120x120?! Sheesh, that'd be too big. I'm not increasing the size again. >_>
Old October 1, 2013, 10:17:28 AM
Rayquaza

According this Cat might also need to replace the icons.
Old October 4, 2013, 12:20:00 PM
Giratina

http://serebii.net/bank/pics.shtml looks like we will be getting the little sprites available!
Old October 4, 2013, 01:00:59 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
http://serebii.net/bank/pics.shtml looks like we will be getting the little sprites available!

Have you been reading any posts on this thread at all?
Old October 22, 2013, 05:06:39 AM
Kyurem

I just realized that Serebii has both a 3DS capture device and is getting 2D caps of Pokémon models off his captures. They sure look very nice on Serebii's site. Think you might be able to get permission to use his captures for both main and icon "sprites"?
Old October 22, 2013, 06:17:10 AM
Administrator

I still have that e-mail from Serebii Joe saying that I could use Gen V materials without credit during the news days, so that probably is still valid. 'Course, in this instance, if he's doing the capturing himself, that might be different.
Old October 22, 2013, 06:23:00 AM
Kyurem

I believe it might be a good idea to ask again. You can never be too safe with things like credit.
Old October 22, 2013, 06:32:25 AM
Administrator

Either that or I'll wait for Bulbapedia to get something of the sort, as their materials are usually usable.

Also, the images are a little...big. I mean, it doesn't really matter here because the icons will be fine, nor does it actually matter for the images on the adoption site, but for the people embedding them in their signatures on other forums, the images will be about 120x140.

Hmm, maybe I should change the default signature images to use the icons too instead of the full sprites?

(for everyone, not just what I did for VR)

After all, it does limit the number that can be put into a signature having a huge image like that. I can very easily convert all the large images to small ones with a little renaming.

Heck, if I go that route, maybe I can just convert to Sugimori or Dream World artwork? But then what should I do about shinies?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 22, 2013 at 06:41:34 AM.
Old October 22, 2013, 07:26:59 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Either that or I'll wait for Bulbapedia to get something of the sort, as their materials are usually usable.

Also, the images are a little...big. I mean, it doesn't really matter here because the icons will be fine, nor does it actually matter for the images on the adoption site, but for the people embedding them in their signatures on other forums, the images will be about 120x140.

Hmm, maybe I should change the default signature images to use the icons too instead of the full sprites?

(for everyone, not just what I did for VR)

After all, it does limit the number that can be put into a signature having a huge image like that. I can very easily convert all the large images to small ones with a little renaming.

Heck, if I go that route, maybe I can just convert to Sugimori or Dream World artwork? But then what should I do about shinies?
Hehe, I see what you're thinking of.

The Pokédex has a 3D model viewer built-in. Maybe Serebii can help in this - there's a zoom function in there, giving you three sizes. You can rotate them, too. Perhaps for larger Pokémon, the smallest size would fit better?

For the latter, you'd need someone else to help recolour all of them, so I think it might be a good idea to hold onto things until people actually get the shiny colours for everything.

This might take until the release of the next game(s), though. A good idea would be either suppressing shinies for new Pokémon or temporarily using the same art as normal until a shiny "sprite" shows up.
Old October 25, 2013, 10:59:26 AM
Administrator

Alright, yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch to the mini icons as the default for off VR as well. I think all I have to do is rename a single file. Shinies are going to definitely be a challenge, though. There is no artwork of them (including Gen VI).

There are these, however:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/in...spin+Dream.png
Old October 26, 2013, 07:52:49 PM
Administrator

Alright, I have swapped the icons and updated the [adopt] BB Code, so now everyone is using the mini icons. I've also obtained the both the mini icons and the images of the Gen VI Pokémon off Serebii. I have also obtained all of the X/Y mini icons of previous gen Pokémon too (at least the ones that have been found so far). No idea if I can use them yet, though, and they're still missing shiny forms.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 26, 2013 at 07:56:36 PM.
Old October 27, 2013, 12:25:36 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Alright, I have swapped the icons and updated the [adopt] BB Code, so now everyone is using the mini icons. I've also obtained the both the mini icons and the images of the Gen VI Pokémon off Serebii. I have also obtained all of the X/Y mini icons of previous gen Pokémon too (at least the ones that have been found so far). No idea if I can use them yet, though, and they're still missing shiny forms.
Guess we'll have to temporarily mark shiny Pokémon with some other method for now. Better than going behind, eh?
Old October 27, 2013, 12:34:05 AM
Celebi

Quote:
The model images of Pokemon on Serebii look like they come from the previews from the Pokedex. If that is the case, we can send you pictures of our Shinies in the Pokedex and you could crop them. (if possible)