Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 2, 2012, 02:02:56 AM
Banned

Default Westboro Baptist Church

I think ya'll might know this church, they are known for their "GOD HATES F*GS" signs and picketing stuff. I personally hate them, Shirley Phelps and Fred Phelps are the worst people ever, they are a hateful family, so it looks like we're ALL going to hell, cuz "GOD HATES THE WORLD" according to them.

Last edited by Kyouhei; July 2, 2012 at 04:40:20 AM.
Old July 2, 2012, 08:55:03 AM
Giratina

Oh, I think I know about these people. My government teacher told us this story thrice a quarter about the extreme church that hated gays so much that they'd do protests against it at funerals.
I think it's disrespectful and a little over the top what they do. It makes me wonder what kind of operation they have going.
Old July 2, 2012, 09:59:16 AM
Zoroark

It's a family full of nutcases who go out in public holding signs that say outrageous things for attention. It's only a handful of people. Everyone does precisely the wrong thing by giving these people as much coverage and attention as possible. Often, people offer them money for them to go away and they take it. That is just going to make the problem persist. Can you see where I'm going with this?

Last edited by hinorashi; July 2, 2012 at 09:59:32 AM.
Old July 2, 2012, 10:09:44 AM
Kyurem

I thought there was a passage in the bible stating "Thou shall not spread thou religion." And what they're doing is spreading they're own religion. If they think that they're more holy than everyone else then explain that. And I'm pretty sure there's another passage that people might know, "Thou shall not hate." And yet they picket signs saying "God hates ____".

Last edited by Squirtle102; July 2, 2012 at 10:23:50 AM.
Old July 2, 2012, 10:50:07 AM
Regigigas

I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm a pretty serious Christian, and this flat out pisses me off. Y'know that feeling you bronies get when you see someone try to shove MLP down someone's throat? I definitely know how DashArmy feels on that situation. Well, that's basically how I feel, hearing about people trying to convert the masses through intolerance. If you're not sure what Christianity's all about, I don't know if it's obvious enough that you should NOT learn from these people.
(Squirtle, while the Bible doesn't specifically condemn hatred as far as I know, it IS compared with murder, because true hatred is basically wanting someone dead, and the desire is just as bad as actually killing someone.)
Old July 2, 2012, 12:09:21 PM
Shaymin

I'm glad that these people are actually banned from coming into where I live.

I heard somewhere that another notorious hate group said they were out of control. Not sure what to think of that though.
Old July 2, 2012, 12:16:08 PM
Giratina

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that God loves all his children. And they're being blind to that.
I feel like they just hate gay people, so they're connecting their hatred to their faith to give themselves a reason to go to the extremes because what they're doing is still legal to an extent because they're acting as a church. I feel like it's all unnecessary and even though I'm not Christian, even I could tell that they're just wrong about what they do from my morals.
Old July 2, 2012, 01:20:00 PM
Giratina

I'm not part of a religion, but that I don't mind if you're in a religion as long as you're not trying to force your religion on me. If you accept me not having a religion, I'll accept you having one. These sort of people refuse to accept the homosexual community's ways because of what their religion says, not necessarily what they say. Extremists of religion always look towards their religion for an answer because it has always had an answer for them since they were young. If you were to ask an Extremist why they are against such a thing, they would probably go on about the religious reasons, but would never talk about their personal thoughts on the subject.

As for the "We're all going to die" part, I don't have anything other than this to say: If you honestly believe we're all going to die, you'd be right. We will all die one day at sometime in the future, preferably when we are in our 70s or 80s. But to say we're all going to die all at once because of Earth exploding or a meteor impact? I'd like to see your evidence for this claim.
Old July 8, 2012, 07:38:46 PM
Mudkip

Yeah, they're a bunch of nuts. What is there to debate here?