Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old April 6, 2013, 03:49:47 PM
Charizard

Default Possible new Mewtwo form?

Well, GameFreak reveiled a new Pokémon, who they don't say IS Mewtwo, but shares a "striking resemblance" to Mewtwo.

Here's a video:

Here's the site: http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 6, 2013 at 08:07:51 PM. Reason: Brought up to news standard
Old April 6, 2013, 03:54:18 PM
Volcarona

While everyone speculates it to be a new form due to it looking SO much like Mewtwo, the Official US site, Facebook, and Twitter, all claim it to be a "New Pokemon" and use certain choice wording. The official site says:
Quote:
The mysteries of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…
This might imply that it's a new Pokemon, and that somehow it relates to mewtwo... perhaps a way to acquire it is to need Mewtwo? Only time will tell. Also, for those still arguing about the theme of the game, this adds more to the argument of it being a DNA/Genetics theme game just like I've been thinking all along anyways. With a movie debating Genesect and Mewtwo, it's likely they'll reveal this new Mew(insertsomethinghere) form/Pokemon in that movie, that's my prediction anyhow. But also, with the genetics theme. I wonder what kind of facilities will be exploreable that related to genetic experimentation IF they include that in the game such as the Pokemon Mansion from RBY. I REALLY hope they go this route. :I

Also, is it just me or does this new Mewtwo-thing remind me of the Gnosis from Xenosaga? I don't know why it does. >w<
Old April 6, 2013, 03:54:31 PM
Shaymin

Default [SPOILERS] A New Pokemon Has Been Announced!

Worldwide a new Pokemon has been announced, and it is indeed the previously speculated Mewtwo-lookalike! There has been a short clip posted of this new Pokemon battling against against various Pokemon that was posted on the Official XY site. No type information or any other such information has been posted (though I believe it would be safe to assume it is a psychic-type Pokemon).

Official artwork and gameplay images/footage    

Last edited by Luxray13579; April 6, 2013 at 08:05:40 PM.
Old April 6, 2013, 03:58:50 PM

It's Giegue from Earthbound Zero! *shot*
I also found a video featuring this new Pokémon. It looks like it knows Psystrike, so this Pokémon is definitely related to Mewtwo.

Old April 6, 2013, 04:11:18 PM
Volcarona

I really like the design of this Pokémon! It looks kind of weird, but that's what makes it unique! The head also looks really cool. I really look forward to catching this Pokémon.
Old April 6, 2013, 05:12:17 PM
Rayquaza

Here's hoping he'll be in the next Smash Brothers game.
Old April 6, 2013, 05:21:10 PM
Haxorus

Someone should probably merge Pokemandmj's thread with this one.
Old April 6, 2013, 06:28:22 PM
Charizard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
It's Giegue from Earthbound Zero! *shot*
I also found a video featuring this new Pokémon. It looks like it knows Psystrike, so this Pokémon is definitely related to Mewtwo.
lol it does look even MORE like Giegue from MOTHER. Woah...maybe it evolves into Giygas? lulz
Old April 6, 2013, 08:55:58 PM
Regigigas

It is strikingly similar but I believe it is a new pokemon that is probably related to mew two in some It seems like the games zoroark so I guess more will be revealed in the future.
Old April 6, 2013, 11:34:25 PM
Celebi

I'm suprised no has suggested Mewthree yet. Looks peculiar, but I like it kinda.

And on a different forum, someone found this picture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mkv7nheV2C1qfwe30o1_1280.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	4736
I wonder if it's right.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 6, 2013 at 11:55:21 PM.
Old April 6, 2013, 11:59:04 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
I'm suprised no has suggested Mewthree yet. Looks peculiar, but I like it kinda.

And on a different forum, someone found this picture.

I wonder if it's right.
I wouldn't get too excited. I've been in a discussion on another forum about the validity of that picture. It was created by a guy being his guess at Mewtwo's involvement. He has also said about new types (sound and another that I can't remember). But then again it could be true.

Actually, y'know what? Here's the post off of Reddit:
Slightly long message    

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjourdan
If its been confirmed its a "new" Pokemon, Im pretty sure that literally translates to Mewtwo X / X Mewtwo & Mewtwo Y / Y Mewtwo. This could also just tell us which form is in each version.
The image could have possibly been concept. The feet are different, but look at the details of the head and fingers. Theyre spot on.
Notice the color of the eyes match each version Each could be the exclusive legendary for X/Y.
We could expect a similar variation in design for the other one (ver. Blue X). Possibly the feet. The rest seems to almost match identically in both photos.
Edit 2: OHSHI- if that /b/ post is completely correct - they mentioned the "new" types for them are sound and light. Notice Mewtwo X has what looks like huge ears......Mewtwo Y may have that loop on his(?) head to associate with the sun/absorbing light. (Female/Male X/Y?)
Edit 3: Then I believe it is safe to expect ground/rock/fighting & flying/wind(Sylveon) Eevees. One to be stronger than the other. Umb/Esp, Glac/Leaf.......rock/ground/fighting & flying/wind?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 7, 2013 at 01:05:12 AM.
Old April 7, 2013, 09:27:28 AM
Charizard

Thanks for the edit, Cat. The post I had wasn't as neat as this.

I honestly don't think it's half bad- I'm actually kinda glad they're referencing such an old legendary in X and Y.
But almost everywhere else I go (Besides some threads in /v/ and /vp/), there's hate directed toward it, saying stuff like "THIS ISN'T DRAGONBALL YOU GONE AND MESSED UP GAMEFREAK."

C'mon, you've had a less than a complete 24 hour time period, and you already have a negative opinion on the thing? Give it some more time- you'll get accustomed to it sooner or later.
Old April 10, 2013, 05:25:15 PM
Zoroark

I'm about 90% sure it's Mewthree. First of all, every Pokémon movie that was the last in its genration (the 2nd, 5th, 9th,and 13th movies) had a new Pokémon for the next generation in it. In every one except for the 13th movie it had a legendary that would be in the next gen. Second, it just seems more reasonable that it's Mewthree rather than a form of a very old Pokémon. I personally think Mewho (Mew + Who)(That's my name for it until it's real name is revealed) looks really cool. I don't like how fanboys are whining about this. Seriously, Mewthree is something people debated for over a decade and now it might just be a reality! Serebii said the poster labeled Mewho as "Mewtwo Eclair Form", which would be silly because an eclair is a type of desert...
Old April 10, 2013, 06:15:14 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
I'm about 90% sure it's Mewthree. First of all, every Pokémon movie that was the last in its genration (the 2nd, 5th, 9th,and 13th movies) had a new Pokémon for the next generation in it. In every one except for the 13th movie it had a legendary that would be in the next gen. Second, it just seems more reasonable that it's Mewthree rather than a form of a very old Pokémon. I personally think Mewho (Mew + Who)(That's my name for it until it's real name is revealed) looks really cool. I don't like how fanboys are whining about this. Seriously, Mewthree is something people debated for over a decade and now it might just be a reality! Serebii said the poster labeled Mewho as "Mewtwo Eclair Form", which would be silly because an eclair is a type of desert...
Plus this so called mewtwo form seems to small to be mewtwo, why would mewtwo get smaller for using a new form, [giratinta and shaymin got a new form and they sorta grew biggish] heck it might be a new MEW form as its small enough to be him. That a or a MEWTHREE is really real.
Old April 11, 2013, 04:09:59 PM
Zoroark

He looks like something that Goku should be fighting.
Old April 11, 2013, 04:58:58 PM
Rayquaza

I'm going to argue that this most likely a new pokemon and not a new forme because Black and White Kyurem technically were new pokemon because they were a fusion.
Old April 11, 2013, 05:15:39 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
While everyone speculates it to be a new form due to it looking SO much like Mewtwo, the Official US site, Facebook, and Twitter, all claim it to be a "New Pokemon" and use certain choice wording. The official site says:

This might imply that it's a new Pokemon, and that somehow it relates to mewtwo... perhaps a way to acquire it is to need Mewtwo? Only time will tell. Also, for those still arguing about the theme of the game, this adds more to the argument of it being a DNA/Genetics theme game just like I've been thinking all along anyways. With a movie debating Genesect and Mewtwo, it's likely they'll reveal this new Mew(insertsomethinghere) form/Pokemon in that movie, that's my prediction anyhow. But also, with the genetics theme. I wonder what kind of facilities will be exploreable that related to genetic experimentation IF they include that in the game such as the Pokemon Mansion from RBY. I REALLY hope they go this route. :I

Also, is it just me or does this new Mewtwo-thing remind me of the Gnosis from Xenosaga? I don't know why it does. >w<
Hmm, that is deep. I guess I have to quote you on this, only time will tell.
Old April 12, 2013, 10:25:59 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
Apparently, it's confirmed to be a new form.

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/latest-...alike-details/
Old April 12, 2013, 10:41:23 PM
Administrator

Wasn't it already stated that it is not a Mewtwo forme?

Quote:
『ポケットモンスター X・Y』に、ミュウツーの面影を持つ新たなポケモン登場!
Quote:
「ミュウツー」の面影を持つ新たなポケモン。
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon03/

Okay, I believe it now.

This page will probably be updated in a couple hours:
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/
Old April 13, 2013, 03:56:37 AM
Haxorus

I've been dreaming a of Mewthree since forever.
Old April 13, 2013, 07:37:16 AM
Shaymin

It is really.

Quote:
April's CoroCoro has leaked, confirming that the "new Pokemon" is indeed a new forme of Mewtwo. On the third page below, it compares the old and new versions of the 16th movie's posters, saying "Mewtwo, who was in the background, has awakened and become a new forme!" Thanks goes to Gin for the translation! The pages do not contain any other new information.

Name:	corocoro-1.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	4766Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro-2.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	4767Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro-3.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	4768

The issue also includes the first part of the 16th movie's manga adaptation, some of which you can browse through below. Since we see a flashback to Mewtwo inside its test tube, we can probably assume the movie will recount at least some of the first movie. We will find out more about Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening on April 18th when a new trailer for the film is set to air.

Name:	mewtwo-genesect-1.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	4760Click image for larger version

Name:	mewtwo-genesect-2.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	4761Click image for larger version

Name:	mewtwo-genesect-3.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	4762Click image for larger version

Name:	mewtwo-genesect-4.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	4763Click image for larger version

Name:	mewtwo-genesect-5.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	4764Click image for larger version

Name:	mewtwo-genesect-6.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	4765
This is from Pokebeach.com
Old April 13, 2013, 04:36:24 PM
Kyurem

I wounded what's the base stats are for this new form is

Last edited by kakashidragon; April 13, 2013 at 04:43:02 PM.
Old April 13, 2013, 05:45:27 PM
Zoroark

Annnddd it's a form. CoroCoro confirmed it today. It would be cool if like a group of scientists modified Mewtwo so Mewtwo could change into the modified form and the Mewtwo in this movie is the one that was modified.
Old April 13, 2013, 07:23:29 PM
Giratina

I think GameFreak was trolling us, because we ALL expected Mewthree but no.
Old April 13, 2013, 09:51:01 PM
Regigigas

Ooohh boy a new form of a legendary and not a new pokemon yaaay..... Sarcasm
Old April 14, 2013, 03:18:57 AM
Charizard

Seriously, a form. I'm extremely disappointed and sick of forms, legendary Pokemon are meant to be perfect as they are, why they all need new forms is stupid and a mystery to me.

Last edited by Music; April 17, 2013 at 10:59:07 PM.
Old April 15, 2013, 04:48:20 AM
Volcarona

If memory serves Game Freak said Origin Forme Giratina was a new Pokemon at first.
Oh well, CoroCoro hasn't said what the name of the new form is yet so that's still able to be speculated.

Last edited by zsaberslash; April 15, 2013 at 04:49:28 AM. Reason: Using the term with Black/White Kyurem was justified as it's a fusion, so eh.
Old April 17, 2013, 03:36:03 PM
Keldeo

Seems it has been confirmed that the new Mewtwo form is infact true. Footage found here.

Old April 17, 2013, 09:01:29 PM
Kyurem

Im calling his new form “awakend form”, would it be awsome if my guess for this form was the same as they picked?
Old April 18, 2013, 12:44:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Im calling his new form “awakend form”, would it be awsome if my guess for this form was the same as they picked?
It's the Eclair form as of right now. Also, should we change the title's name since this is confirmed?
Old April 18, 2013, 01:34:31 PM
Haxorus

Oh man, I was really hoping for a 'Mewthree' to shake things up a bit but I guess a new form isn't half bad.

Last edited by PureAurorae; April 18, 2013 at 01:34:57 PM.
Old April 25, 2013, 08:22:05 PM
Regigigas

I'm gonna assume (basing from the leak that came out some time ago. Dunno if it's been held fake so meh) that because of the time paradox and such, Mewtwo becomes complete or done how Team Rocket wanted it to be? I dunno.