Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 6, 2014, 08:53:49 PM
Joltik

Question Breed question

Hey There Pokéfans!

I have a question for you, I hope I posted this on the correct place, thanks.

So, I was breeding some Trapinchs, and having 2 parents with 3 IVs each I got one with 5 flawless IVs (31/31/31/31/31/x - male) and I have another parent (female) with 31/31/31/x/x/31.

Now, should I tried to breed them the two of them to get one with a IV on Speed or can I go with the one with 5 IVs since Flygon has a base speed stat of a 100?

I know aiming for the 6 IVs would be a really long shot so I'm not really into that.

Thank you for any information you could provide =D
Old September 6, 2014, 09:03:21 PM
Keldeo

Personally, I'd run with Speed. Flygon more often than not doesn't use its SpA, so that can be 0 for all you care, and unless you've gotten about a 15 in SpD the couple points you'll save won't do all that much for you, either. Speed, on the other hand, is a stat where every point counts, since winning the speed tie or managing one where you otherwise might have not can make a big, big difference in the game.
Old September 6, 2014, 09:14:13 PM
Joltik

Thank you very much, I had that in mind but wanted to confirm it with someone with more experience.
As you said, I don't really care about SpA, the pokémon judge said that the female I have with 4 flawless IVs (the one with Speed) is superior overall, so that means that the one the other two stats aren't that bad, right?

So in this case I can try to breed one 31/31/31/x/31/31 or just go with the one with 4 IVs that is superior overall?
Old September 6, 2014, 09:30:54 PM
Administrator

If you're interested in this statistics, I've run the numbers on this stuff last year. Check out my post about it: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.ph...019#post290019

(I almost accidentally linked to this instead. It's the numbers on shinies. http://victoryroad.net/showthread.ph...994#post291994)
Old September 6, 2014, 09:49:41 PM
Joltik

Thank you, very interesting numbers, I will give it some thought and let you guys know what happened in the end.
Old September 7, 2014, 08:24:33 AM

You need more luck with breeding than numbers through calculations.

Flygon needs 31 Speed IVs to be as effective as possible. Depending on your desired nature, I would take 5 perfect IVs to the stats that are really necessary; like you won't really need 31 Sp.Atk IVs on Flygon because he's a physical attacker.

I would just stick the two Trapinch into the Daycare (one of them holding the Destiny Knot) and wait until you get this spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Old September 8, 2014, 10:29:30 AM
Joltik

well I continue breeding with the two I had and just on the 6th egg I got one with 5IVs, all but Sp.Atk, and it is Jolly so I consider this a very luck breed, it was really fast it took me less than 20 eggs to get there.
I only catched 4 parents from safari with 3 IVs each, Do you think the fact that most of them were 'superior' with 3 Ivs each was key to make this process faster?
Old September 9, 2014, 11:31:32 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alirubit View Post
well I continue breeding with the two I had and just on the 6th egg I got one with 5IVs, all but Sp.Atk, and it is Jolly so I consider this a very luck breed, it was really fast it took me less than 20 eggs to get there.
I only catched 4 parents from safari with 3 IVs each, Do you think the fact that most of them were 'superior' with 3 Ivs each was key to make this process faster?
Yeah sometimes you'll get lucky with that chance on getting those 5ivs that u need in a few eggs. I know i do cause i breed alot. (Speaking of alot, i got half of the X&Y boxes of Ev trained mons)