Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Old December 27, 2012, 04:58:09 PM
Administrator

Default The Living Pokédex

I know a few folks around here have considered the idea of the Living Pokédex. That's where you have to simultaneously own every single Pokémon, including all evolutions, with bonus points for all forms.

There are 649 Pokémon. Including all Pokémon forms (but not gender differences), there are 731 different Pokémon. Now, it's obvious that this will get fun with certain Pokémon. Simultaneously owning all 17 Arceus or all 5 Genesect shouldn't really count, as they are just color changes, so that reduces it to 711 different Pokémon. Spinda's "forms" don't count, either. The PC can store 720 Pokémon, and you can have 6 more in your party.

I do need to know a few checks, though, as it's been a while. You CAN put the alternate forms of Castform, Cherrim, Rotom, Shaymin, Giratina, Deerling, and Sawsbuck in the PC in White 2, right? (Oh great, I'll need six Rotom.)

I'm definitely going to take a shot at making one of these, at least with the base 649, in White 2 after clearing the Pokémon League. Is anyone else attempting one?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 27, 2012 at 04:58:37 PM.
Old December 27, 2012, 05:13:14 PM
Giratina

I recently started doing this. Unfortunately... I had to quit. And I was doing so well, too, I made it all the way up to the middle of Hoenn. But then I realized I needed a whole lot more box space for breeding and keeping all the Pokémon I like so... Well maybe if I somehow latch on to a copy of White 2 it'll be my living Pokedex. After all, trading isn't TOO much of a chore.

Spinda "forms" OBVIOUSLY don't count with its infinitely many whatevers...
When all the things in the world start to fall apart, you can call on Team PokéHeroSmash! Turtwig, Infernape, Charizard, Pikachu, and Buizel! (Based off of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time)
http://i50.tinypic.com/24fyycx.png
Old December 27, 2012, 05:15:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
But then I realized I needed a whole lot more box space for breeding and keeping all the Pokémon I like so... Well maybe if I somehow latch on to a copy of White 2 it'll be my living Pokedex.
Yeah, you definitely need to dedicate a whole game of storage space to this project if you intend to do so.
Old December 27, 2012, 05:48:57 PM
Administrator

Hard mode: All the Pokemon need to be shiny.
Old December 27, 2012, 06:16:50 PM
Administrator

Now that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I still wish for more storage.

Also, this thread will probably remain dormant until I complete White 2 (progress will be posted in the usual place), but I'd love to hear some comments or ideas anyone has.
Old December 28, 2012, 04:18:24 AM
Haxorus

Woah, sounds extremley hard. I could never do something like this... but if you do try and go for it, Good Luck!
Old December 28, 2012, 08:17:55 AM

To my knowledge, Castform and Cherrim only have one state outside of battle, since their forme changes are brought on by the effects of weather. If I'm correct, that means 4 less formes (3 Castform, 1 Cherrim) to put in the PC.
Old December 28, 2012, 08:36:04 AM
Giratina

Shaymin also can't be placed in the PC in Sky Forme. It turns back to Land Forme when frozen, at night, or placed in the PC (Probably BECAUSE of the night restriction.)
When all the things in the world start to fall apart, you can call on Team PokéHeroSmash! Turtwig, Infernape, Charizard, Pikachu, and Buizel! (Based off of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time)
Old December 28, 2012, 12:19:05 PM
Administrator

Well, at least that saves me a few spots.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:11:08 PM
Administrator

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. I nearly have a Living Ranch. I remember playing a game years back where folks got little prizes for guessing Pokémon that I didn't have in My Pokémon Ranch. After about 50 rounds, only four Pokémon weren't in there. I did later add them, too. I'm probably mostly missing higher up evolutions of Gen V Pokémon and a couple middle evolutions from previous generations. Apart from Meloetta and Landorus, I think I have every single legendary Pokémon.

This is gonna be easy.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 28, 2012 at 07:12:54 PM.
Old January 8, 2013, 07:09:29 PM
Administrator

Well, X and Y certainly change things, and it looks like Gen V didn't get any link-up love from the consoles. So, uhh, what do you folks suggest? I'm only in Castelia City (check out Zoroark's posts in the recent happenings thread for updates) and have a mere couple Pokémon captured.
Old January 11, 2013, 11:36:13 PM
Giratina

Well you should totally keep going on. You have just barely enough space in White 2 to hold all the Pokémon for a Living Pokedex. And, if you'd like, you could use it to aid in a 6th Gen Living Pokedex, assuming there's a transfer method (Which there should be.)
Old January 11, 2013, 11:40:38 PM
Administrator

Hmm, very true. I was thinking last night about just doing a Living Unovadex and completing my Living Ranchdex. At that point, though, I might as well send 'em all over.
Old January 21, 2013, 08:49:52 AM
Kyurem

Hmm... I probably wouldn't even dare to try this. It's like... well, box management and the problem of collecting them in the first place... Egad. Not to mention how sloppy I handle things sometimes.
Old January 21, 2013, 01:42:33 PM
Administrator

I'm still questioning if I should do this. You might also notice I haven't been updating the other thread with my White 2 progress. Well, school starts tomorrow, and I have a six hour break on Tuesday and Thursday. Other than homework, White 2 will make a nice filler.