Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Old October 11, 2013, 12:25:56 AM
Administrator

Hmm, with the new Pokémon Bank, I might have the desire to actually do this again without too much painful transferring between games.
Old January 25, 2014, 01:57:48 PM
Administrator

I'm definitely going to start working on one once the Bank comes out. I've nearly got one in My Pokémon Ranch, and I have most of the Gen V and Gen VI Pokémon, so it shouldn't be much trouble to finish one.

Anyone else have one or plan to make one?
Old January 25, 2014, 07:31:03 PM
Giratina

I'm gonna trade up my finished Pokedex from Black 2 and work on it from there. I don't know if I should keep the Live-Dex in Pokébank or the actual game. Which do you choose?
When all the things in the world start to fall apart, you can call on Team PokéHeroSmash! Turtwig, Infernape, Charizard, Pikachu, and Buizel! (Based off of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time)
http://i50.tinypic.com/24fyycx.png
Old January 25, 2014, 10:28:47 PM
Shaymin

I'm definitely picking it up again soon, but it'll be more difficult for me to get certain rarities. I've completed (or nearly completed) most of the Pokedexes in all generations except the third. I have some real issues with them... Oh, and they are definitely being stored in Bank. I've decided there's no way I want to risk losing such precious Pokemon.
Old January 26, 2014, 01:33:21 AM
Administrator

I'd definitely leave mine in the bank because there's no point in wasting about 750~800 slots (hey, gotta have all the forms) in the actual games where you may be actively breeding and Wonder Trading.

Oh, with the obvious exception of temporarily transferring Pokémon into X to complete the Pokédex and get the Shiny Charm.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 26, 2014 at 01:33:52 AM.
Old February 26, 2014, 07:16:37 PM
Administrator

Before I seriously start organizing my Pokémon, I need a sorting suggestion. For Pokémon with multiple forms, should I put them in line with the representative of the species. What I mean is, should I put Misdreavus in slot 200, Unown A in slot 201, and Wobbuffet in slot 202, with the rest of the Unown in the back, or should I put all 28 Unown between Misdreavus and Wobbuffet?
Old February 27, 2014, 11:20:09 AM
Administrator

Er, I really would like to get a suggestion soon. I'm almost finished collecting all the Pokémon.
Old February 27, 2014, 11:46:11 AM
Celebi

I would do it the former way.

I do it like that, and the normal Pokedex order looks so much better than with forms clumped in.
Old February 28, 2014, 07:12:46 PM
Charizard

This is actually my long term goal for the games to have a living pokedex and then transfer them all over each generation and catch all of the new ones each generation. I'm more of a PokéDex completing kind of guy than a competitive battler, but I enjoy both. Eventually, I'd like to get every Pokémon in every form with shinies (as long as they're available without a certain group of game modifying devices in which I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to say on these forums). My only problem would be getting that shiny Genesect from that event that we never got here in the states. Over course, these are all long term goals, but I'd love to have it done eventually.

Old March 8, 2014, 12:10:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. I nearly have a Living Ranch. I remember playing a game years back where folks got little prizes for guessing Pokémon that I didn't have in My Pokémon Ranch. After about 50 rounds, only four Pokémon weren't in there. I did later add them, too. I'm probably mostly missing higher up evolutions of Gen V Pokémon and a couple middle evolutions from previous generations. Apart from Meloetta and Landorus, I think I have every single legendary Pokémon.

This is gonna be easy.
Y'know, I was pretty much spot-on with this part of my post some time ago, which I found out when completing the Pokédex in X. I was missing a ton of middle and final stages from Gen V, as well as some middle stages from previous generations.
Old July 27, 2016, 10:56:31 AM
Administrator

I decided I should force myself to finish this thing before Sun and Moon, because I don't want to collect the first six generations again just for the Pokédex. It's pointless holding onto so many freshly caught monsters I won't do a thing with for solely that reason. I also added a couple stipulations: try to use ones from respective games if possible, NO NICKNAMES, no "special" Pokémon (those I used on the adventure or raised competitively), no hacks, and avoid times I cheated to get a bunch of Master Balls.

Progress: up to Sinnoh, except 20. First two generations are fully complete.

I was missing some really random stuff, too, including: Ekans, Charizard, Bayleef, Delcatty, Snover, Stunky, Pansear, and BUNNELBY.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 27, 2016 at 04:55:07 PM.
Old August 1, 2016, 12:21:55 PM
Administrator

Updated progress! I only need four more, then I will be done:
Vivillon Poké Ball
Vivillon Sandstorm
Vivillon Savanna
Volcanion

Looks like the new Alola forms have confirmed that I will need to move a lot of Pokémon forward to make space for them. It shouldn't be too tedious, though.
Old August 6, 2016, 06:59:40 PM
Administrator

Alright, besides two event Pokémon (Poké Ball Vivillon and Volcanion), I am finally done with it! (If you want to count the Eternal Flower Floette, I guess that too, but that's also an unreleased event.)

It occupies 28 boxes.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 6, 2016 at 07:02:58 PM.
Old August 6, 2016, 07:50:21 PM
Keldeo

So they're all in order, too? You going to transfer them to SM as soon as possible to get the reward right off the bat? o_o
Old August 6, 2016, 08:30:14 PM
Giratina

That's the plan, though you'd still need to get all the Alolan Pokémon from both versions, which would also take a while. But having a living Pokédex gives you a great head start.
When all the things in the world start to fall apart, you can call on Team PokéHeroSmash! Turtwig, Infernape, Charizard, Pikachu, and Buizel! (Based off of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time)
http://i50.tinypic.com/24fyycx.png