Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Old November 13, 2012, 09:25:30 AM
Rayquaza

Okay enough procrastination it is now time for me continue my duties.
Old September 3, 2014, 05:57:59 PM
Rayquaza

Today is also the day I resume my pokemon rewatching marathon yet again, expect two episode reviews every week day until I reach Battle Frontier or Boomerang stops airing pokemon. Expect one today because I've already reviewed the other episode they had on today.

A Three Team Scheme - This is the beginning of Prof Birch semi joining the group but the idea of a fully grown man (who may or may not have his own kid) hanging out with a bunch of kids is kind of creepy. Oh Brock upset about there training pans getting ruined. Oh no not Team Magma they're going to make sure no ocean waves destroy any sand castles! This episode also introduces the aspects of secret base, but there's seriously nothing secret about a random door in the middle of a cave. Team Rocket's stealth in this episode would make a secret base. Team Rocket is completely not above home robbery of a little kid now. And now Team Aqua is here, no doubt to destroy more sand castles. Now Team Magma is going to take push Team Rocket out of the kids secret base This level 3 Meaness now! I like how May stands up to the kid who just ran off from Team Rocket without battling it really shows off her character development she's had so far. Apparently Team Magma need to drill through this kids secret base to get into the cave of origin even though they probably could have started in any part of the cave. One problem though the cave orgin is on the other side of Hoenn but no matter this is just another example of the evil teams getting random pointless set that will lead to nothing. Oh no now Team Aqua is pointlessly here.

I think the guy on the right was the inspiration for Tabitha's new design.

Also 4kids messed up Shelly and Tabitha are called Isabel and Harland (which is a worse male name then Tabitha) personally I don't blame 4kids for not knowing this considering how forgettable admin battles in RS were. Oh wait this isn't even the cave origin, however it's not mentioned at all again so it doesn't matter. I'm actually really enjoying this rivalry they've set up between Team Magma and Team Aqua it's just so suave and seeing there different methods of executing a mission is awesome. Of course we have to another Team Rocket moment but it works since this allows the character of the day Keanu to find confidence and get his nincada back.

A lot happens in this episode but that's what makes it so great best in a while.
5/5

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 11, 2014 at 05:59:14 PM.
Old September 4, 2014, 04:24:08 PM
Rayquaza

Seeing is Believing - Okay this episodes starts with typical random filler stuff, introducing our heroes pokemon to Birch, stuff with Jesse still in denial about her Cascoon being a Silcoon despite shouting it's name as Cascoon, and introducing the pokemon of the day and there random problem then Team Rocket attacks and gets defeated. Beautifly has evolved and now they're training it for a contest despite they other problem of the day. This episode may be incredibly drawn out and boring but the stuff with James and Meowth being scared of Jesse is still funny. Of course she is pleased with her Dustox. That was a really boring episode.

2/5

Ready, Willing and Sableye - Why does Brock want Corphish to help cut the vegetables he doesn't know where those claws have been! So Ash wants to train in an abandoned gold mine so Corphish can stop being so over confident, this is incredibly stupid but makes Ash believable as a kid which isn't too often anyways. Now Max and May are scared by a Sableye. Meowth and Sableye team up to scare the rest of our heroes lucky for Sableye the surveillance still works in this abandoned mine even though it's well abandoned and no one is there to keep electricity running. Better yet why would a gold mine have colored surveillance cameras in the first place? Now Team Rocket has shown up so Meowth can now betray Sableye of course and in typical pokemon of the day actions Sableye saves our heroes lives. Once again another mildly boring episode.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 4, 2014 at 04:53:56 PM.
Old September 5, 2014, 04:54:31 PM
Rayquaza

A Meditite Fight - In this episode we meet Brawly's "Girlfriend" Battle Girl Shawna which is a reference to a random trainer in Brawly's gym who own a Meditite. Team Rocket's plan in this episode is apparently to dig as many holes and hope they fall in one, seriously. I like how they're making references to training and strategy that Ash learned from training to defeat Brawly. This is a big deal but it will come to play a lot bigger in DP. Now the battle between Ash and Shawna has to be stopped because there's a hurricane on the way, even when there's danger Brawly still has to use his lame sufer lingo to save everyone.
Brawly: Sometimes Pokemon dudes know more about human dudes.
Me: AGH!!!
We then get more character development from Shawna and Brawly being "deep" I can't tolerate him when he's talking normally and I can barely tolerate him when he's stupid smart talking smart makes no difference. And of course Team Rocket betray the group yet again despite saving there lifes, you'd think by now they'd just let them die but this is a ids show whatever.
Brawly: Mega Colossul
Yes 4kids seriously thinks that's surfer slang, oh well I only have to tolerate him for one more episode then I'm done. This episode has good fights in it and good character development but oh man do I still hate Brawly's dialogue.

4/5

Just one of the Geysers - Brawly wants to have there rematch in a training cave because having it in the actual gym would be safe! Seriously this is just a disaster waiting to happen. Well at least it makes Team Rocket's appearance short even if it takes the first six minutes of the episode. Aside from that this is a good gym battle despite being pretty slow episode plus Brawly doesn't spew as much terrible dialogue as the his other episodes.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 5, 2014 at 05:15:33 PM.
Old September 8, 2014, 04:25:08 PM
Rayquaza

Abandon Ship - Team Rocket helps out our heroes with a pan to steal there pokemon, because you know that plan hasn't been done before. Of course Pikachu easily escapes because you know Team Rocket used a freaking plastic bag and clearly had no exit strategy. But this leaves our group completely stranded yet again, get used to this plot folks it happens a lot in Hoenn. They then find the abandoned ship that is on Route 108 in the games personally I only cared about this location because it was were you could get TM Ice Beam. Fortunately the ship has someone who is looking for his lost pokemon. Meowth, Max and Torchic end up getting captured leading to some funny moments in clashing personalities. So apparently the trainer who is looking for his missing pokemon is taking his vengeance on the trainers for getting abandoned. Which is why he's also been kidnapping pokemon? This plot has been done before so meh. Ash is going to challenge Slateport Gym, oh 4kids.

3/5

Now that's what I call Flower Power - This episode is the first appearance Drew, who basically starts off as Gary less based around being "that guy" and more being polite while also being a jirk but as time goes on becomes his own better written character. I have to admit as a stupid judgmental kid because I saw contests as being so feminine I thought that Drew was gay, keep that in mind. Jessie also plans on entering pokemon contests something she will continue until will stop seeing contests. We also have a random stranger who is a grown man go up to our heroes give them a pokeblock container and he now want to show May something great back at the shop. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAY STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN. Of course that's not the situation, ew the guy makes some fire works, no not what you're thinking pokemon fire works of course. Torchic ends up eating all the Bluk Berries that the man was going to use for his fireworks so the group needs to find some for him. They find one but Drew wants so May battles Drew and this is the first battle where it actually feels like May might win. However Team Rocket comes in and intervenes because you now we can't have one episode without a Team Rocket episode. Drew is willing to help out taking Team Rocket maing the first time we get a rival fight Team Rocket which is kid of what separates him from the other recurring rival before he's willing to help early on because he is a good guy. They manage to get the berry back of course while blasting off Team Rocket because physics in the pokemon world is different from the real world. A lot happens in this episode and I really like Drew early on which is more then I can say about Gary early on.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 8, 2014 at 04:55:46 PM.
Old September 9, 2014, 04:28:31 PM
Rayquaza

Having a Wailord of a Time - This episode really stands out for me because it takes such a simple premise and makes it completely absurd, that and I remember seeing a youtube poop of this episode six years ago. May leaves Torchic behind so she can practice with Beatifly, Max is bothered by this because of this. But Brock and Ash reassure him because Torchic is her first pokemon so she must care about him, this may seem like another random moment but it's another foreshadow of what's to come. Ash and Brock end up talking about there own first pokemon like how Brock got his Onix from his dad on his tenth birthday. I like how Max says Brock's dad must have been awesome for doing but seems completely neutral clearly he's still mad about his dad walking out on him. Also hearing Eric Stuart make Brock sound prepubescent is hilarious. May contacts a Nurse Joy about a Wailord that is stuck on the beach (yes seriously) so now Ash and Max have to watch over starter pokemon and the interactions between the regular starter pokemon and new starters are pretty funny like the overly feminine treeko. Of course the door just so happens to be open and the new Torchic ends up escaping and then evolving. They sure are over dramatic about the idea of how the trainer would react. For an episode called having a Wailord of a time Wailord is actually bearly in this, we have a scene of Nurse Joy inspecting it then a moment where Team Rocket of course tries to steal it and that's it. Of course the trainer ends up choosing Mudkip and then her father wants to become a pokemon trainer and take in Treeko, err okay. Still this was a fun episode and I'm glad we got to see how Brock got his first pokemon.

5/5

Win Loose or Drew - Finally it's time to see May participate in the pokemon contest. It's established May clearly lacks confidence, which is understandable she still quite new to the idea of being around pokemon and has little idea of what she's dong still. Drew's performance is well done and the execution of contests finally feels complete and they feel really well done. Also Derpy Nurse Joy.

May's lack of battling experience leads for her to loose to Drew in the first of many loses against him. Only for Drew to loose to Robert who uses a Milotic that's freaking uber right there. But it leaves on a positive note, how while May may fail there will always be someone better then her. May goes back to say bye to Drew and that she won't loose to him next time seriously I ship May and Drew I hate shipping but darn it's hard not to root for them. Also there's a Team Rocket subplot of them planning on making pokeblock only for an old man to go up to them and talk to them for hours, they all fall asleep accept for James who writes everything down, that's pretty funny. As far as an early contest episode this one is pretty good.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 9, 2014 at 04:57:50 PM.
Old September 10, 2014, 07:07:11 PM
Rayquaza

Spheal of Approval - Now that the contest is over they need to do the event were Team Magma brakes in err goes to a museum, once again they're clearly not evil. Also we have an obvious Bug Catcher that uses a Spheal for some reason. Team Rockets plan in this episode is to give our group free snowcones so they'll get brain freeze and then steal Pikachu, yes seriously even Max sees through this plan. Of course instead of running off immediately Team Rocket instead decides to fight Team Magma so they can steal what they're now stealing. And of course they're defeated and Team Magma gets away with what they're stealing but the character of the day doesn't have a full loss pretty forgettable overall.

3/5

Jump for Joy - Nurse Joy focused episodes are usually terrible, I mean the character is a total Mary-Sue. In this episode she is captured by a Shiftry, yes seriously. Brock is acting kind of pervy in this episode, freaking out all because he's in Nurse Joy's room, I'm half expecting him to look for her underwear. Of course Shiftry only kidnapped nurse Joy so she could heal some random grass types of course. Ash and friends aren't smart enough to thing of that as a reason. 4kids inserted a lot of obviously terrible dialogue in this episode. This a cliched episode the only enjoable thing was seeing the Shiftry battles.

2/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 10, 2014 at 07:17:16 PM.
Old September 11, 2014, 04:36:03 PM
Rayquaza

A different Kind of Misty - This is the most bizarrely misleading title. They team comes across a light house in the middle of the woods which guides trainers. Are there things like this in real life? just random light houses in the middle of woods? Oh look an ancient hero in this episode that looks like Ash and used a Pikachu, this is a cliche that is actually still done to this day, it kind of makes me wonder if the Pokemon World universe there's such thing as reincarnation. I'm enjoying there actually making something of this though, Ash is now trying to teach a kid who think's he's the hero and Ash is clearly enjoying it which is nice. And of course Team Rocket has to show up to create conflict now and steal the thing that keeps the light house operating. Of course the kid finds out Ash is no hero but learns he just needs to trust each other more. Hey this is the first episode where Max pulls Brock away. Well that was okay.

3/5

A Poke-Block Party - Oh boy an episode devoted to my favorite side quest in RS the trick house. I love the depiction of the trick master in this episode he clearly belongs in a mental institution just look at him!

Seeing the characters trying to solve the maze and other puzzles in this episode are pretty funny. It's amazing when Japan depicts crazy while knowing they can't get even crazier. Oh look Jigglepuff is making it's final appearance, this is the only time we see it in Hoenn adding even more crazy to this episode. The real reason they had Jigglypuff appear in this episode was so we could see Whismer's sound proof get showcased now someone is able to hear Jigglypuff's singing! I like how May and the character of the day are able to laugh at each other over the marker mess on there faces. They also have good interaction talking about what the trick master's deal is. This is a great episode filled with a lot of craziness.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 11, 2014 at 04:59:53 PM.
Old September 12, 2014, 05:05:51 PM
Rayquaza

Watts with Wattson - Our heroes have already entered Mawhile City, that was pretty fast considering how long it took them to get to the third gym last time. Wattson is kind of a sadist, I mean having a robotic Raikou appear to challengers who might attack them. Then again this is the guy who made you of all people go into a power plant to turn off the power. All Wattson is apparently the leaders last name which is weird since this show never reveals characters last names let alone not revealing the first names so it's weird hearing our heroes refer to him as Mr.Wattson. As gym battle it's pretty underwhelming, well actually that's probably an understatement, basically Pikachu was overcharged by the Raikou robot that attacked them and he's able to ohko all of Wattson's pokemon. Personally I can't blame the writers for doing this I've using Ash's Hoenn team in Ruby but I gave up because I had so much trouble defeating Wattson. It's also pretty refreshing to see Ash own a gym leader plus there hasn't been such a big gap so I'll let this slide. Pikachu is now sick because it's become overcharged
POKEMON SCIENCE. Wattson is upset over the loss and he's wondering to New Mawhile and he's now planning on abdoning the gym Oh No! But that doesn't matter because he's befriended an Elektrike! Elektrike has a really creepy voice. Of course Wattson is present just in time to fight off Team Rocket who are stealing pokemon with a mecha. Why do they only have these plans when someone is present? I like how Ash wants to give the badge back because it wasn't fair, yeesh Ash that battle was still more fair a majority of you Kanto badges but at least this shows Ash's character development.

4/5

HOLY COW I'M NOW DONE WITH POKEMON ADVANCE IT ONLY TOOK TWO YEARS! This is still a far faster pace then Linkara's history of Power Ranger and I will continue to post until Battle Frontier Airs where I might just binge watch the whole thing because I enjoy it so much as well Diamond and Pearl but at slower pace probably. Tommorow I'll post a summary of my thought on the season and on Sunday I'll post a review of Jirachi Wish Maker.

What you seed is what you get - I never thought about but this the opening to Advanced Challenge had a lot of evolution/capture spoilers. As for the song itself I really enjoy it starts off slowing building itself up and giving us a payoff becoming fast paced. Our heroes are now heading towards Fallarbor town for another pokemon contest and they come across some watermelon. I can't help but wonder if they're actually using Watmel Berries. This does become a good excuse for Ash to try to teach Treeko Bullet Seed. I like the character of the day in this episode she's lovably eccentric. Oh man this is the first episode were they introduce trainers choice the first makes sense but these get stupider as time goes on. I like Electrode's reaction to Meowth's fantasy in this episode, he's like wtf.

He is so sick of your garbage. Treeko has almost mastered Bullet Seed which is great since it finally gets a grass move. Ash looses to the character of the day but that's good since whenever a pokemon beats its evolved form it never evolves into it. That was a good episode.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 12, 2014 at 05:36:37 PM.
Old September 13, 2014, 10:32:10 AM
Rayquaza

Okay here's my final thoughts on Pokemon Advanced.

Character Analysis     

Ash - Probably my favorite aspect of this series is that we have Ash finally showing some real character development. Not only is he pretty mature as a trainer but he clearly knows what he's doing, well most of the time at least. It's really shown off how much he's grown in the role of mentor he plays towards May and how he actually wanted to give back his gym badge by seeing it as an unfair match. He may have his moments of stupidity but he's clearly smarter and that's still a vast improvement

May - It's only the first season of AG and it's already pretty clear by the end that she has changed. In the first she admits she doesn't even like pokemon and is only interested in becoming a trainer so she can travel. I can't blame her on this fact I love traveling too although I do find it odd how her father is a gym leader and her brother being so studious that she wouldn't know anything about pokemon. However as the series goes on she learns to make plenty of bonds with pokemon and learn more about them. It's shown in the middle of this season that she cares a lot about pokemon. Her lack of confidence is shown during her first contest and it's understandable why, but as the show goes on it does continue

Max - A lot of people consider Max to be the fourth wheel of AG. However I disagree with that I actually really like Max. I mean having this younger kid how is smarter then Ash and always correcting him as a young fan I actually really liked him he's kind of like a surrogate for the young know it all pokemon fan. His role doesn't feel uneven in fact it actually counterbalances Brock's role, May gets so much attention with contests having two other slightly minor character makes Brock's role. Besides throughout the show he does a lot more then Brock did last season. His main shining moment would probably be when he got into a pokemon battle and lost and realizes while he knows a lot he's still got a lot to learn before becoming a pokemon trainer. That perspective alone ads a lot to a new fan of the show as well. That and it was also nice not having Ash wonder off on his own sometimes, because as I said earlier he can't hold an episode on his own.

Brock - Brock is Brock he's just there to be the mother/daddy of the group still, cleaning, cooking and being the oldest and wisest while also hitting on as many girls as possible, he catches two new pokemon this season and takes care of Sharpedo and that's it.

Team Rocket - This is the season where Weezing and Arbok get released and i couldn't care less for them, there captures or even there giant mechas there still just another distraction to stretch out the episode.

Ash's Pokemon - Unlike previous seasons the pokemon in this show now usually have a lot more personality. Pikachu doesn't do much this season it finally learns iron tail which it still knows to this day but other then saying it's name not much else. Tailow will probably go on to be one of Ash's strongest flying types however it did very little this season other then helping find out to get a sky view of helping find Team Rocket. Treeko is a fan favorite unlike Ash's previous pokemon he's super serious and determined to not let his pride get him down, he's probably the main pokemon in this saga that gets the most screentime aside from pikachu. Corphish is kind of jerk an idiot but a jerk, not much beyond that though.

May's Pokemon - Beautifly will never do anything other then look pretty for contests. Torchic on the other hand despite not getting used until way later in show for a contest it's commonly clumsy and stupid kind of a reflection of May as a trainer in the beginning, it didn't get any development yet but it will.

Brock Pokemon - The only one of his pokemon worth noting would probably Lotab it's very absent minded and funny it also knows two moves it should learn through level up but only through egg moves making this lotad most likely hacked.

Final Thoughts    
As whole Advanced is pretty good there's plenty of character development, likable characters and even the pokemon and characters of the day are pretty memorable. However it still has the reek of Johto on it, early on there are plenty of slow and pointless fillers. As the series goes on and we get more contests and character development it does get better but so much of it is just so slow but the season did leaves on a high note 

3.5/5

5 to Watch
Having a Wailord of a time
Gonna Rule School
A Three Team Scheme
Now that's what I call flower Power
A Poke-Block Party

3 to skip
Jump For Joy
Turning over a Nuzleaf
A mudkip mission

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 13, 2014 at 01:59:20 PM.
Old September 14, 2014, 07:33:00 PM
Rayquaza

Okay here's my review of Jirachi Wishmaker

Hey a Brendan cameo, I look forward to seeing him in two more cameos and then never again. The opening narration is great and starts a trend of having the world of pokemon intro being amazing. Our heroes have taken a detour to see the millennial comet carnival or whatever. Which manages to get set up in three minutes real time, seriously there's being whimsy and then just showing off and getting boring. They go see a magic show and Max the great has some psychic connection with some random stone and of course he's able to go up on stage and be in the show. Eric Stuart directed this episode so of course Brock and James are given lots of extra lines. The chemistry between the group in this movie is really good especially between Max and May they're all acting like actual kids in this movie and not heroes automatically excepting of there role. Max immediately accepts the stone by the way and promises to be best friends with Jirachi. May sings a lullaby her mother sang to Max, it sounds nothing like her because they're using Japanese voice but it still works. Jira hi is then awoken, however it turns it can't grant wishes at all only teleport THEN WHY DO THEY CALL IT THE WISHING POKEMON!? Of course this all to push in a forced moral. More Team Rocket banter is here, but some of my favorite Team Rocket moments are in the movies of this saga so no big deal. Butler wants to use Jirachi's ability to use Doom Desire to create enough energy to create a Groudon, for Team Magma yes seriously. Well actually they laughed at him last time he tried and now he's doing it for his girlfriend? what? They run off to return to Jirachi's home in Forrina to avoid Butler even though he clearly put a tracking device so it knows where it's going oh wait now it's fallen off. I really like Butler as a villain you can really understand his motives and his relationship with Dianne is well played out. You gotta love the use of the instrumental Advanced Adventure. Pretty annoying how 4kids put in that pokeshipping reference when Ash has bonded with and released plenty of pokemon. Not only did Butler know that Jirachi and the group would return to Forina he set up his machines in the same place where Jirachi will rest. We then get a pretty awsome sky battle between Butler's Salamence and a wild Flygon with Max and Ash riding. The Groudon gets revived but of course it's a fake abomination that destroys everything living around it so we can have our close to death all is lost moment. Aw Diane sacrificed herself to save Butler, although baed off what we've seen this is more of a sign of an abusive relationship. I do like how Brock and May get sucked up but this leaves Ash and Max as able to do something during the climax which is nice since it isn't just Ash for once. Of course Butler is able to reverse the polarity of the jelly baby flow blah blah blah technobabble and save the day.I actually really enjoy this movie for two reasons, it's nice to have someone besides Ash be the focus of the movie force and the chemistry between the characters is really good. The music and animation are also top notch as usual and it's the only exception where they actually kept the ending credits music.

4/5
Old September 15, 2014, 03:24:44 AM
Joltik

I would pay to have the time to watch all the episodes of the anime xD
I'll probably go for the ones you suggest.

For the Fist Movie, I recently watched the US version which has the dream-scenes with the researcher's daughter and the starters... I think it's far better than the version I saw as a child (EU version, in Italian), because it explains Mewtwo's rage a lot better: without that, Mewtwo just seems a monster.

Last Pokémon Remix

Last edited by robiby; September 15, 2014 at 03:25:37 AM.
Old September 15, 2014, 04:29:07 PM
Rayquaza

Love at first flight - This is an about an Illumise and Volbeat preforming show with a guy named Romeo and a girl named Juliette, seriously this wasn't an attempt of the dub writers to be cute it's like this in the original. Oh man Brock has seriously gone out of control with his hormones when he sees Juliette. Romeo is "english" and uses what 4kids thinks is British slang and it's pretty bad.

Two episodes in and the trainers choice is already a mistake.
Both Roselia and Plusle are good choices, but the 4kids answer is Plusle even though Roselia resists water. Ash then dresses up as Juilette so Romeo can get over the fear of his feelings for her thus starting the trend of having Ash crossdress in every saga. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Even though that makes it creepy when Brock falls for er Ash. And of course Team Rocket attacks then all conflicts are resolved. Despite my complaints this episode is still pretty funny.

4/5

Let Bagons be Bagons - This episode is about a Bagon that wants to fly. It's pretty cool how the character of the day in this episode uses a whole bunch of tech to study her opponent. But that's still not enough for her. Team Rocket then captures Bagon so they can use so the boss can brake coconuts with its head seriously. Hey the trainers choice in this episode actually makes sense. Of course in the end the take Meowth's jetpack which allows Bagon to fly. To bad it'll be useless once it evolves into a Shelgon

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 15, 2014 at 04:53:32 PM.
Old September 16, 2014, 04:29:40 PM
Rayquaza

The Princess and the Togepi - Here it is the episode everyone has been waiting for, the one were Misty makes a return. She's here for a Togepi festival, however this is all clearly a rowse by Team Rocket, even though six seasons ago Giovanni had rejected Togepi. Misty and the gang are then brought to mirage kingdom. However it turns out Team Rocket was hired by the mirage kingdom leader who needs a Togepi. Why? Seriously why? You have a freaking kingdom at your hand with a powerful Sheinja and Ninjask to boot what more do you need!? Misty looses her Togepi in battle and it just goes flying off, just like that. You know this is getting pretty stupid. It turns out the evil king with the evil mustache wants to prevent the succession because he's *gasp* evil.
Really with a mustache like that I'd think you'd be the royal baker.
It's funny seeing Misty pull Brock from the ear again and thus starting the trend of Max pulling away Brock. I seriously have no idea what's going on right now but apparently this is a two parter.

3/5

A Togepi Mirage - The recap has explained what's going on and I seriously don't care, I'm just hoping this evil king gets the molten gold pored on his head then at the wedding of the princess James comes in and murders everyone including Pikachu, man I've been watching way to much game of thrones lately but that show is still easier to follow what the heck is going on in this episode. Okay that's probably a stretch but honestly, apparently Togepi is flying around and it ends up with the evil king. Seriously this episode is lacking actual interaction between Misty and the other characters and the plot is a complete mess it's like they meshed together a movie but wanted to make the event bigger by including Misty. The evil King then betray Team Rocket despite being probably the only ones loyal to him. Seriously this guys an idiot how can this guy not expect a revolt!? After all this is going to um er actually what is it this king wants to do that's so evil that requires him to be king? I mean I'd take the old guy over the bland princess, at least he has experience and willing to take action. Togepi then evolves into a Togetic in it's only anime appearance. Misty then defeats the obviously evil King's pokemon his mustache breaks and he's exilled. Now Togetic wants to stay even though she didn't really do anything to save the kingdom, Togetic you jerk you've been with her your entire life!

2/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 16, 2014 at 04:52:07 PM.
Old September 17, 2014, 07:16:14 PM
Rayquaza

Candid Camerupt - Our group passes out in the desert fortunately the get picked up by the Winstrate family from the games. Vito (who left to become a trainer only to find out he wanted to become a breeder) then comes across Team Rocket who passed out, when Vito tells them his back story they actually care for him James especially yay for continuity not that this matters since we can't have one episode without a Team Rocket battle so I already know what will happen. They battle the Winstrates and Max gets his first pokemon battle. We're currently at two when it comes to terrible trainers choice.
Of course all these pokemon would do terrible against a Camerupt. Grandma's Camerupt goes crazy but Vito coomes and saves the day. Of course Team Rocket then attacks and it's the end of the episode. This was an enjoyable episode they showcased the family very well and this had some pretty good battles.

4/5

I feel skitty - This is the episode where May captures Skitty. The group goes to a aroma therapy place to take care of an injured Skitty. This is the first episode where Max actually pulls Brock away and thus starting the running gag of him doing it. Oh look Team Rocket is attacking again by er cross dressing so they can steal the aromas of course. I like how Jesse and Meowth almost leave James behind because he wants to steal the Weepingbell again. Great Continuity! Meowth took Skitty with him because he fell in love, Meowth falls in love with humans and pokemon this is just creepy. Jesse and May have a fight over who should fight Skitty. Of course May wins. This was a so-so episode.

3.5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 17, 2014 at 07:40:45 PM.