Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Old September 18, 2014, 04:30:59 PM
Rayquaza

ZigZagZangoose - Oh boy it's the return of the knicker bocker guy, I can imagine a lot of people asked for this. I'm being sarcastic. his Mudkip has since evolved. In a rare occurrence of knowledge Ash sends Treeko out to battle Marshtomp and it actually wins. He now owns a Zangoose which is a natural enemy of Seviper and that's basically the focus of this episode. We then have a cosplay battle with Ash dressed as a Seviper and Zach dressed as a Zangoose.
Today's trainer choice is just awful

The 4kids answer is Dewgong but the real answer is obviously Nosepass yeesh I highly doubt 4kids is even aware ice is supereffective against flying or that Dewgong is even an ice type. Team Rocket does there motto yet again while Zangoose goes off to fight Seviper. You can tell it's a fight by all the stills they did, not sure if its 4kids editing out violence or lazy animation. Of course he wins and Nicolai is never seen again and we yet again never find out who wins a battle between Ash and Nicolai, even though Nicolai is a terrible trainer and clearly lost.

4/5

Maxxed Out - Our gang enters a Pokemon Center and Brock has flowers for Nurse Joy. Oh no Max has a doupleganger name *gasp* Max also! Team Rocket has some good moments in this episode basically stuff like James going over how they need a routine and Jesse freaking out over her hair. This episode has some good characterization for Max, who realizes how lucky he is to be able to travel while character of the day Max is jealous of that while regular Max is jealous of his Surskit. Jessie goes crazy by the end of this episode she doesn't even know why she's going after Surskit. Good Episode

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 18, 2014 at 04:58:13 PM.
Old September 21, 2014, 06:20:57 PM
Rayquaza

Coming in two days late because I'm now back from New York.

Pros and Con Artists - We're already about to have May's second contest and she's actually really confident this time. One trainer has a Medicham a pokemon that makes so few appearances in this saga for the longest time I thought it was a Gen IV pokemon. Her trainer is quite hilarious. She's clearly another rival for the contest, we never see her again, but it's pretty clear the writers are trying to find out which characters could work as long time rivals and which can't. Of course the the title of this episode comes from Team Rocket scheming everyone with pokeblocks. Pokeblock Gold and Pokeblock Silver.The give one to Jessie's Wobbuffet and this happens.
Capture the screenshot kids    

Drew then challenges Ash to a battle, I'd like to remind at this stage he's pretty much still a Gary clone but it's nice seeing Ash battle someone else's rival. Hey trainer's choice makes sense for once. Seriously though Ash's battle against Drew makes no sense, Drew's Roselia beats his Tailow by flying up really high and Ash lost. This is the last episode where James does crossdressing. May considers using Team Rocket's pokeblock but the trainer of the day blows there cover and May realizes only a true trainer would make her own pokeblock, good moment of character development for May.

5/5

Come What May - We barely see the preliminaries in this episode, May uses the same strategy as last time. This kind of annoying since those would go on to be the best part of the contest. Jessie enters the contest as Jessica and she doesn't enter as Jessie because, well I don't know and tries to win by cheating of course. Jessica, Drew, May and the trainer of the day are of course the only ones to proceed. Jessie and May battle and there's absolutely no tension to this battle because May has beat Jessie many times already by this point. After getting caught cheating Team Rocket decides to attack any ways. You'd think after getting caught cheating they'd have May battle the person that almost got into the next round but nope. There's a lot of tension to this battle between trainer of the day and Drew since we just saw him beat Ash's tailow. Drew ends up loosing without giving any damage. I'd like take this moment to point out the anime writers still make psychic types like Medicham way too overpowered. Also trainers choice in this episode actually makes sense for once. This is the first contest battle that feels like an actual contests battle they show off some great moves while trying to show off there beauty while May has a strategy she learned from watching Ash's battle with Drew. Despite winning May still seems to lack confidence.
Despite no preliminary this is the first of many great contest battles.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 21, 2014 at 06:56:44 PM.
Old September 22, 2014, 04:57:13 PM
Rayquaza

Cheer Pressure - We see Thatcher in this episode again from that Plusle and Minun episode who has left to become a pokemon trainer but has now joined a pep squad for some reason. Of course Team Rocket pays the pep squad to cheat. Jame's Cacnea beats Brock's Forretress, by cheating of course. Max then finds out the cheering routine is a huge scam. As kid I remember seeing this episode new but I seriously do not remember the plot of this episode and I can understand why it's pretty boring.

3/5

Game Winning Assist - Another episode with a cold open that has barely anything to deal with the episode I enjoy it. A lady is nice enough to stay at a numel farm after passing through Fiery Path and because the pokemon world is very different ours a random stranger is willing to let them spend the night. May then has a battle with her Skitty and the sstranger, Julie. Of course Team Rocket comes in with a giant robot to steal all the Numel only for May to also get capture. One of these Team Rocket is going to be in a situation like this and just murder there captive. Wow this weeks trainer's choice is just awful. Team Rocket's fantasies of what would happen to them if they won were pretty neat, nice having them win then not argue. Of course May manages to escape and it's nice seeing she can really hold her own. Of course we get our usual Team Rocket attack and the episode ends.

4/5
Old September 23, 2014, 04:52:20 PM
Rayquaza

Fight for the Meteorite - I never understand this plot at all in the game. Why exactly did Team Aqua/Team Magma need this random meteorite at Mount Chimney? Our team gets on to the cable car to go to the top of mount chimney and are trapped with Team Rocket, it's pretty funny seeing them try to stay in character while knowing there plan is ruined. Ash tries to get help by pulling off a stunt that any sane person would never do. Ash meets Prof Cozmo and we find out why he's a researcher, meh. Once again Team Magma's plan is a success and succeed to doing yet another thing that will never led to the overall plot. Team Aqua also showed up to do nothing but they both see that as a win, for some reason. They also pushed the meteorite device into the lava to prevent it's evil use. Well at least this episode didn't have a Team Rocket Attack.

4/5

Poetry in Commotion! - Well we're finally in Lavaridge Town, Ash should have died at least three times in his rush rush attitude getting here but he's finally done it. I like Flannery she's a pretty awesome and funny. She's completely clueless because her grandfather the previous leader left to do pokemon poetry is now journying. After only three days he returns and uses disguises and hilarity ensues while the try to prepare the gym. Then Team Rocket comes in. Flannery is a great character and this is a hilarious episode.

5/5
Old September 24, 2014, 08:04:18 PM
Rayquaza

Going Going Yawn - So far I've only liked one out of three of the last gym battles lets see if this can even it out. Because this is Ash's first gym battle he's actually quite confident. We have Team Rocket fail at the same plan they failed at last time but not as pathetic as yet another terrible trainers choice. Both Ash and Flannery have great characterization this all topped off by a great battle.

5/5

Going for a Spinda - Why are fillers after a gym battle always terrible? Ash decides it's time to finally challenge to Petalburg City gym because going to Fortree City would require going through a desert. Unlike other sagas this show seems to imply Hoenn only has 9 gyms. Because Brock is smiden by some random woman our group agrees to help find her Spinda with a specific pattern, random shenanigans occur. Team Rocket then appears to capture all the Spinda for no explained reason. Well the antics with Team Rocket and Spinda are pretty funny. As soon as the trainer finds her Spinda she also finds her fiance and of course Brock is heartbroken. Of course now Team Rocket now has to show up with a mech and it gets defeated.

2/5
Old September 25, 2014, 04:54:10 PM
Rayquaza

All Torkoal, No Play - Ash is witness to Torkoal getting attacked by a Skarmory and Magnemite. Torkoal is a total cry baby, it's probably one my favorite pokemon caught by Ash for being so different from most pokemon. Apparently they've wondered into the valley of steel where most pokemon attack. Our stupid heroes decide to not turn around despite the huge threat of danger. Of course they make it out alive after they battle a Steelix, he's gonna fit right in.

4/5

Manectric Charge - It only took two episodes and our heroes have already returned to Mawville where there is a carnival. With no prizes I might add because 4kids thinks they're evil.

This is not in the dub I don't have a picture of the dub.
Of course the Carnival is run by Team Rocket, yeesh this is the second carnival in a row our gang has gone to and have it be evil. Wattson and his assistant then arrive to save the day and his Manectric evolves. May's skitty battles Watt's Ampharos and she some how manages to win creating probably the biggest win she's had so far. Ash then wants his Torkoal to battle Wattson's Manectric.
Jesse: Not knowing when to give is the mark of good villain
No it's the mark of an annoying one. Ash's Torkoal looses to Wattson but at least we finally have a real battle between him and Ash.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 26, 2014 at 05:00:50 PM.
Old September 26, 2014, 05:00:23 PM
Rayquaza

Delcatty got Tongue - Skitty is injured and since there's no pokemon center in this big town they have to go to a special clinic, which is perfect so Brock can have someone to flirt with. The doctor is also a legendary coordinator who won the grand festival and we learn her backstory which is interesting. She then reveals she has a Delcatty and of course Team Rocket wants to steal it. There plan involves dressing up as Scandinavians of course and attaching a collar to skitty and delcatty. In process of battling Team Rocket May's Skitty learns Blizzard. May then decides to use Skitty in the next contest poor Torchic.

4/5

Disaster of Disguise - OMG it's Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon and he's attacking Drew with his Dusclops! Okay I have to admit an annoyance right now, we just had Drew get defeated by May's potential opponent why are they doing this again? This time we have him almost defeating Ash's Pikachu. The Phantom's mom wants to know why her son keeps disappearing when he around. Yeesh seriously can't put two and two together huh? Really is it necessary for the group to get rapped in all this drama? The mother of course in complete denial, she wants her son to be scholar so she can take over her company. I like how Brock defends Timmy by claiming a lot can be learned through pokemon battles, seriously great characterization of Brock there. We then have the phantom's father appear out of no where, seriously even Ash is shocked by his sudden appearance. He then reveals he was the phantom because he wanted to go behind his wife's back despite his love for her and gave the phantom costume to his son after he fond a duskull. They then ease the mother suspicions by having Brock show up as the phantom (with hilariously bad acting) of course Team rocket then has to show up and ruin everything.

. Despite obviously figuring out Timmy is the Phantom she goes along with Brock's scheme. Despite the rehash I actually really enjoyed this episode I'm starting to remember why this was the point in the show where I started watching again and I for one am looking forward to seeing May bash the hopes and dreams of this kid.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 26, 2014 at 05:02:43 PM.
Old September 29, 2014, 04:53:06 PM
Rayquaza

Disguise Da Limit - Timothy has managed to get to the pokemon contest thanks to his dad helping him. Of course that doesn't help since his mom finds out almost immediately. Unlike the last contest this one is actually actually has a big audience. Jessie is part of the contest as Jessilana, seriously and this time she doesn't even cheat. May performs poorly in the preliminaries thanks to Skitty failing at Blizzard. This episode came the same week as FRLG which must be why we get a cameo of Blastiose and Charizard weird that didn't use Blastiose instead of Venusaur. Phantom manages to beat Jessie, some how revealing her disguise when Team Rocket comes out to steal the Dusclops however Pikachu is some how able to just shock them from the audience. Also Timothy's mother is impressed by Timothy's battling and let's him continue so he can on to battle May in the finals.May is struggling because just now the anime writers remember Normal doesn't effect ghost. Timothy's mom encourages him to never give up even with luck being on May's side with her Skitty using assist eventually winning ruining Timothy's dreams.

4/5

Take the Lombre Home - Our group is looking for water with no luck only for Lotad to randomly evolve. According to the pokedex entry it's sometimes mistaken for a child, how creepy. It turns out the village believe that Lombre will bring back water to the town. It's believed that a Solrock is actually responsible for the drought. However because plot convenience Team Rocket is of course responsible for stealing the water. Of course they're then defeated, end of episode.

2/5
Old September 30, 2014, 04:55:51 PM
Rayquaza

True Blue Swablu - Basically the gang finds an abandoned Swablu and May takes care of it. This really does show how far she's come since being the girl who admitted she didn't like Pokemon very much. Of course Team Rocket comes up with a plan to steal it. Yeah there's not to much to talk about in this episode. I do agree while Swablu would be fitting for May's team she it's in character for her to let it go back to his family because it was the right thing.

3/5

Gulpin it Town - A once busy town has become abandoned because Gulpin have invaded and have been eating non stop, this is actually quite insane. A scientist launches a special giant pokeblock to take care of them. However it isn't enough they go right into the town again as soon as they eat the pokeblock. They manage to get rid of all but one Gulpin by shooting them out a tube. Treeko gets hit by the beam and all of a sudden Treeko and Swalot grow giant! YES SERIOUSLY! That is freaking awesome! Sure I imagine a lot of pedestrians are killed and millions of dollars in damages are done but this is still a pretty awesome fight. In the end the giant gulpin is caught in a Heavy Ball, this episode would have gotten a much lower score if it wasn't for that two second battle.

4/5
Old October 2, 2014, 04:31:12 PM
Rayquaza

Sorry for the delay my keyboard broke.

Exploud and Clear - Our character of the day today is a guy named er well Guy who a really crazy Loudred. Ash uses his Treeko against him who has been more of loner then usual. During the battle both Loudred and Treeko evolve. Wow what are the odds. Grovyle even gets a new bigger twig to put in its mouth. Even worse Exploud goes crazy and runs away. We have a pretty funny flashback of all the terrible encounters Team Rocket had with Loudred only for Meowth to of course convince them to try and catch it yet again. Exploud betrays his trainer during there battle and I can already see where this is going. Of course Guy saves his Exploud from Team Rocket and starts obeying him again. Yeesh even Ash admits this is getting old Team Rocket doesn't even get to do there motto. This episode just got good because of that even though we don't fnd out who wins the battle at the end of this episode which this entire episode was leading up to.

3.5/5

Go Go Ludicolo - Something I never understood as a kid was why episodes with Jynx were banned but this episode wasn't for having Ludicolo be a Mexican Stereotype. But like the situation with Jynx this is just my cultural ignorance, Ludicolo is actually based off of Kappa and other Japanese monsters. This episodes lead in is the same as the previous episode, May and Max talking about how excited they are to return home, Ash says how excited he is to battle his dad and Max calls Ash pathetic and he stands no chance, yeesh that is getting old. Ash is having trouble deciding which pokemon to use. for the gym battle since Ash has already battled Norman this is understandable because he's already battled him. This leads to Ash's pokemon to compete for his affections briefly. Max really has gotten annoying about Ash's battle with Norman I can understand why he'd want his dad to win but yeesh he's a gym leader he should hand out at least one gym badge once in a while. This is foreshadowing though so I'll give the writers credit. Nine minutes in and we finally we see Ludicolo. It''s trainer's name is Pancho, yes seriously and his voice actor is just ethnically accurate. Pancho wants to battle so he can have the groups sandwiches, yes seriously. Pancho ends up wining easily because Ash and Corphish were't in sink, what? Maybe Ash should have believed in the hart of the cards er whoops wrong anime. Team Rocket then shows up to steal Ludicolo because
however, Corphish has shown up to get a rematch but instead manages to free them from Team Rocket's trap and Team Rocket is defeated and it's the end of the episode. Ash has a rematch with Pancho using Torkoal instead of Corphish it's said he's now able to work better with his pokemon now whatever that means, seriously they've gone over that enough. And for the second episode in a row we have a battle without an outcome how lame.

4/5

A Double Dilemma - Our gang comes across a town with a bunch of trainer obsessed with Norman and his family. Team Rocket scam a part of the town by dressing up like them, hilarity ensues. Ash talking about how he wants to defeat Norman gets challenged by all the towns trainers he wins hilarity ensues. Seriously I'm pretty sure everyone in this town is crazy. May eventually finds her self being forced into battling Ash, however all of his pokemon are completely exhausted. This eventually leads to May using Torchic for once and they fight and defeat Team Rocket. This episode was meh I really had trouble tolerating the town in this episode. My god I'd rather visit Silent Hill then this place, there seriously must be something in this towns water.

3/5

Love Petalburg Style - Out of all of the plots in this show this has to be the weirdest, extra marital affairs!? Really Pokemon? Really? In a kids show about pokemon we have to worry about whether Norman is cheating with Nurse Joy? Really? How about he just save that creepy idea for the fan art. At least we're done with fillers finally because the last few have been really terrible but this one takes the cake. Caroline some how knows who Brock is also. Kenny and everyone else are trying to cover up everything else up and Caroline is angry. I like how May points out that her Max were never allowed to watch there dad's gym battles because he was afraid it would distract the trainers and they weren't bothered by it, and this makes sense after all May never cared too much for pokemon in the beginning. Caroline seriously looks like she's close to leaving. Brock wants to interfere. Yes, Caroline is seriously leaving Norman yeesh how dense can you be Norman? I'm lucky to have parents that are still married but I'm not sure divorce is this common then again he's the only married couple in this show. It turns out Norman was only spending time with nurse Joy so he can make real fireworks, no that came out wrong. Seriously why is a nurse Joy a Professional Pyrotechnition? According to google that's not even a real word! Basically Norman is putting together a fireworks display for Caroline. Of course Team Rocket plans on stealing Norman's pokemon yet again. Well that was ridiculous but was nice seeing a May and Max interact with her family.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 4, 2014 at 03:42:44 PM.
Old October 3, 2014, 04:43:55 PM
Rayquaza

Balance of Power - In this episode Ash finally has his battle with Norman. It starts off pretty good, Brock talks about Ash's strategies and what Norman's is as well. Max continues to be annoying from previous episodes, routing for his dad I can understand why he'd look up to his dad so much but he's still spent a lot of time becoming a close friend with him (see Jirachi movie for example) plus we've never even seen Norman directly talk with Max or give him any of his own attention so this makes it more annoying. Or the fact that Norman is enjoying his battle with Ash and that's acting completely mature towards him. So to have him not care about whether Ash wins bothers me a lot. We also get a random sub plot about how Team Rocket is now building a Hoenn base that will get continued in the next episode. The battle does feel a little rushed with both pokemon knocking each other out twice in the episode. Ultimately Grovyle's Overgrow is activated and he manages to win. However Max is upset and steals his badge then locks himself in his Dad's greenhouse and starts crying. Agh Max never got on my nerves as much as he did here he just comes across to me as a complete brat. However, this steals leads to good characterization I'm not used to seeing the kids in this show act like well regular kids and not like this action came out of no where. Plus this counts as character development so I'm not taking away any points.

5/5

A Six Pack Attack - Why are all the fillers after gym battles always so awful? Our group is meeting up with Prof Birch who is meeting up with Oak. I like how Max is excited to meet him. Prof Birch is apparently a crazy driver in his car, just like everyone in this saga that drives a car. Oak apparently knows who Max is. Oak brought the Kanto starters to the Hoenn lab who are present with the Hoenn starters. And that's the basic point of this episode to Advertise FRLG and RS seriously this episode is based around this one gimmick how pointless. Of course Team Rocket wants to steal the starters. They how manage to get away with them offscreen despite always being around them. Agh seriously? May, Max and Oak travel to the base Team Rocket made in the last episode to free the starters and of course they fail. Once again even though Team Rocket succeeded they spend to much time celebrating and they mange to escape. I do find it funny though how Oak uses a head shot of him posing to trick Team Rocket into thinking they're not escaping, even though that prevents them from seeing anyone besides Oak. This episode is at least saved by Oak coming with clever plans to escape Team Rocket's base. Plus this episode foreshadows May capturing Bulbasaur. Oh man this was episode was still really pointless.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 3, 2014 at 04:56:37 PM.
Old October 6, 2014, 04:58:50 PM
Rayquaza

The Bricker the Better - This episode is probably best known for getting banned/skipper in certain countries for implying that May and Ash are a couple. Let's see if they're missing out on anything good although judging the subject matter probably not. Ash and May get into a big argument with each other because May takes her time and Ash is always in a rush. A couple of two people claim that they're clearly in love despite constantly arguing and challenge them to a Pokemon Tag Battle. It's going to be a Nidoqueen and Nidoking tag battle. Of course May and Ash completely screw up the battle. The couple then challenges Jesse and James to a battle yet again claiming they're a couple and sending them blasting off because even if it's a casual battle they have to blast off. Also this couple is insane all of there attacks are linked with love and all they care about is the same stuff, these guys are like shippers but some how more insane. The arguing between Jessie and Jame and May and Ash continues until they run into each other so James and Ash team up for a tag battle against Jessie and May. I do like how tag battles are shown in this episode, four people using there own pokemon and commanding moves. This episode quickly turns crazy because of Team Rocket, it's actually quite funny especially when Wobbefett randomly sneaks up on Brock. Team Rocket then uses the chaos as an excuse to steal Pikachu of course. This leads to May and Ash able to work together and for him and May to work together well and trust May more and vice versa. I despite the subject matter I really enjoyed this episode for going full on crazy.

4/5

Grass Hysteria - Ash and friends have gotten completely lost in an area with Pokenav reception and the compass isn't even working properly. Seriously is this how compasses work? May then gets kidnapped by a Skarmory. Trivia time, this is the second time a character's been kidnapped by a Skarmory! It turns out May's been carried away to a forbidden land. May then meets a female Bulbasaur. A whole bunch of grass type pokemon are mad at May. Ash manages to come in on a vine Tarzan style to save May. Yeesh last weeks episode got banned for implying Ash and May are couple but this episode seems to imply it even stronger with the way Ash is acting. May's Bulbasaur is interesting it's never left the grass village and its always interested in seeing big cities something that comes up a lot in it's arc. Of course Team Rocket shows up to steal all the grass pokemon. Bulbasaur then decides it wants to go with May last minute almost giving it up, having already said goodbye to Swablu I can understand why she'd do this. I like Bulbasaur so yay new capture.

4/5
Old October 7, 2014, 04:31:32 PM
Rayquaza

Hockey Pokeballs - May and Ash's Bulbasaurs meet in this episode, that's basically the only point of this episode. Also there's a plot where Team Rocket steal pokemon by rigging a transporter device. The rest of the episode is just Team Rocket shanningans and the group trying to track them because you know this is't a job the police should handle.
Also this is the worst trainers choice yet.

That is clearly not a Nuzleaf, May even calls out her Beautifly in this episode and calls it by name so I hope someone was fired for this. Although this is is no were ear as bad as an episode later this week. Ash has to send Bulbasaur back because Bulbasaur must be a really bad ambassader if the grass and water pokemon are fighting after only one episode.

2.5/5

Wiscash and Ash - I actually remember the Kids WB promo for this episode, I really wish I could show it because it rymed the whole time and it was really neat. Basically Ash has his badge case stolen for the third time this time by a Wishcash. Ash almost dies from drowning but is saved by our crazy man character of the day trying to catch the Wiscash named Niro. You'd think Ash would use Misty's special lure that she gave him to catch the Wiscash but instead they use the crazy mans lures. This episode basically amounts to lots of fishing. Jesse keeps getting a Feebas biting her hair, being as ignorant as ever she thoughts it out not knowing what it evolves into. Wiscash of course then gets captured by Team Rocket. This is the last time we see a pokemon use Earthquake on the show. Of course Wiscash coughs up the badges. The crazy man tries to catch the Wiscash with a Flaffy only to send out a Master Ball, which has 100% catch rater. However Wiscash eats it and escapes. Heh pretty funny episode because of that crazy guy.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 7, 2014 at 04:56:11 PM.
Old October 9, 2014, 05:53:01 PM
Rayquaza

Me Myself and Time - Our group has become lost in a foggy forest and Ash has been separated from the group. He then comes across a weird woman who then disappears. Ash then attacks a random girls Baltoy. The girl is looking around the forest for artifacts who hopes to be an archaeologists despite her parents wanting her to be a doctor. She's in the forest because she got a phone call asking for help from this lady Ash saw earlier. Team Rocket almost does there motto twice in order to get the lady to hand over the artifacts in the area of course they're soon defeated. This episode is basically about this girl there is no reason at all for Ash to be present here. It turns out the woman in this episode is actually the girl from the future! um what? Still this episode is no where near as bad as the next episode in this show that uses time travel, or the other one I'm gonna cover next. I like how once Ash regroups with everyone they ask if he wants lunch before they rush off, even though the sun is clearly setting.

3/5

A fan with a Plan - All right it's time for another contest this time it's one that requires someone to have earned at least one ribbon. Drew comes across a bunch his fangirls (seriously they're drooling over him) only for him to reject them. Of course the fan girls are also in love with May since she's well known because her dad is a gym leader. One of the fan girls is the usual rival of the contest. Ash is jeliosu of all the attention May is getting which is pretty understandable because in Hoenn alone he's trained a lot harder then May. It's revealed the coordinator of the week is actually a homemaker with a daughter. I like how Brock is able to relate with her for taking care of a family and she tells Brock that with his skills he could meet plenty of woman, lol. This is the famous Arbok evolve into Seviper episode by the way. May of course let's all the fame she's getting from her f an girls get to her head which will play a role in the next episode. Jessie is mad about being unable to enter the contest without a ribbon so she steals Savannah's and May's ribbons, I like how James and Meowth are completely bored by this knowing it won't benefit them. I already know what's going to happen so I'm going to wrap up here. It's a really good set up for May's character development.

4/5

Cruisin for a Loosin - Yeesh 4kids thanks for the spoilers. May seems quite confident sbout winning the contest this time. While Drew is acting as cool as usual and tells her to forget what she's won and think about the future. This is really smart advise because May is clearly over confident. Of course Drew, May and the coordinator of the day get through to the next round. And gasp May has to of course battle the character of the day. It annoys me a lot May is using Bulbasaur for this contest, a pokemon she just caught and barely trained with over her starter who still is yet to participate in a contest! May gets mad at Ash for trying to offer advice because May believes she knows what she's doing, I've been there before I admit. I also like how Brock is clearly concerned while Drew gives an I told you so face. Of course Drew makes it to the next round. Bulbasaur seeing a big crowd for the first time makes her nervous after seeing May get mad at Ash. The judges are quite mad at May over her lack of concern for Bulbasaur and she ends up loosing. Ash and May have a conversation over how May was kind of right and May has also clearly learned a lesson again this marks a good turning point for her character along with her contest loss until the grand festival. Drew ends up winning the whole contest being one ribbon away from the grand festival, we actually won't see him for quite a while after this.

5/5

Pearls are a Spoinks Best Friend - According to Spoink's pokedex entry if it stops bouncing it dies, I think the one in this episode must be some kind of zombie. Basically the plot of this episode is that the group needs to find a Spoink's pearl or it will get really tired, it uses whatever it wants to be it's pearl and hilarity ensues. They find the pearl only to fall into a pitfall and of course get away with the pearl again. They then search for Team Rocket in a circus, where James meet the Magikarp salesman that ripped off James eight seasons ago who offers Jessie a Magikarp painted to look like a Feebas for the pearl only for it to never be seen again. Brock does the smart thng and has his Mudkip use Water Gun on another painted Feebas from a distance. Agn aside form the return of the Magikarp salesman this was a pointless episode.

2/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 9, 2014 at 06:00:05 PM.
Old October 10, 2014, 04:59:22 PM
Rayquaza

That's just a Swellow - This episode introduces Pokeringing, I can basically describe it as Quidich but you command a flying type and the rules actually make sense. Ash and May plan on entering with there flying types along with James who grew up getting trained by a master. The winner gets an honorary citizenship of the town, wow! Ash's first battle is with last years winner, Volt who uses a Volbeat. Er Really? Volbeat is one of the worst pokemon and you really expect me to believe it can beat a bunch flying types out of all the other ones? Although it does have pretty strong Thunder. Ash's Tailow manages to win this round by using its speed. While James manages to win by using strategy beating May by using her Beautifly's attack. Ash seems to think James is up to something but in fact the rest of Team Rocket are pulling off there own scheme. Ash makes into the finals while the character of the day loses to James, they're trying to make a serious threat out of him. I like the moment in this episodes when Meowth wants James to return to base but he refuses because he wants to honor his master. However Ash ends up winning when his Tailow evolves.

4/5

Take this house and Shuppet - This episode has a really weird intro in tries to be all deep about the world and stuff which has nothing to deal with this episode. Basically Team Rocket is now in a mansion and every time they start arguing a light comes and absorbs there anger or something. The group is also lost and because it's raining they also decide to break into the mansion. Max wonders off from May after they get into an argument and befriends a Shuppet. Max soon discovers that May is still mad at her so him and Shuppet are pulling jokes on the group. I like how May pulls Brock away from a pretty lady because Max isn't here. Basically the lady is trying to get people to renovate the haunted mansion into a hotel but people keep getting scared away. Yeesh Hoenn has a lot of mansions and rich people the more I think about it. Max sees Torchic looking for him and he changes his mid and realizes May really does care for him. May changes her mind as well when she finds out Max is defending Torchic. This what I really like about this episode it's a real sibling relationship with May and Max. It turns out the Shuppet befriended the woman as a child and alls well is end well.

4/5