Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 22, 2012, 02:11:46 AM
Zoroark

Default Report Card Thread

As the term ends, people are talking about the qualitative (is the teacher good? is the course hard? any weird homework? how are you doing? tips warnings and cautions to the next wave of students) and quantitative aspects (marks and letter grades, final exam standing, rank) of their learnings.

So what did you get in your academic subjects?

My report card is not out yet, but I know my marks roughly. I will update it after I get the official report card:

Biology 11: 88%, probably lowest among Asian students. While I can get know about cells, I cannot memorize plant and animal parts.

Math 12: ~98%, first or second place in class. I tried to do double check and no-calc trig, permutations and probability still costed me 2%~7% per test. I only lost 0.5 marks (44.5/55 or 24.5/25?) in the final exam. The good thing is that I don't even need to review for Math.

Physics 11 Honors: 95%, Got as high as math in first 2 terms, but Asian failed at the optics exam because I did not do an emergency review, and that exam is weighted too high. I tried to review in-depth stuff like diffraction, but the final exam is way too easy. It seems I got 24/25, 1st place in the final exam.

Chemistry 11H: 100%, second or third place. I don't know what I got in the regular exams, but there are many mark inflators. The midterm and final are modeled after AP exams: They are designed so that even the best can only get 80% right. The scaling system converts 80% into 100%, and the final exam is so high-stake that it replaces my mark if I got better on the final exam than overall performance. This is a difficult subject I actually put effort in and was rewarded.

English Literature 12: 78% and lower. I am just bad at literature and I hate literature with a passion. It teaches boring English history and I cannot memorize all the facts about a piece of literature so quizzes are not savers. I got a good deal in the last unit test because the teacher scaled everyone's mark up.

Social Studies 11: 88%, probably the lowest among Asian students. I made a good decision by not taking Honors, and by handing all assignments in, and it is OK. I did a limited effort and in a almost all matching question, there are 2 person names being left out, so I chose maximin strategy to put the same letter on the last two blanks, guaranteeing 1 and exactly 1 point out of 2.
Old June 22, 2012, 05:43:37 AM
Pikachu

Ehhh.. i go to a private school and they don't tell me my numerical grade

~Grade I got / Maximum letter grade possible
English 10 Honor: A+/ A+
Chemistry: A / A
AP Biology: A+/A+(I bombed the AP exam though... so there goes my college credit )
French III: A/A
Precalculus: A+/A+
Humanities 10: A/A
Chinese History ILP: A/A

Weighted GPA: 4.0
Un-weighted GPA: 4.24
Old June 22, 2012, 06:27:04 AM

My case is the same as Comusus', my school only gives out letter grades.

English 11 Honors: B+
AP Biology: B+
Pre Calculus: A
AP European History: B+ (got lucky with this grade)
Spanish 4 Honors: A

Overall GPA: 3.7
Old June 22, 2012, 07:30:32 PM
Giratina

My report cards havent came out yet. Idk why, its weird..
Old June 22, 2012, 08:17:40 PM
Giratina

I might not even get one. I technically didn't turn in my English book, even though it's currently sitting in the inventory.
Old June 23, 2012, 04:00:33 AM
Giratina

oh crap my italian book -_-
Old June 23, 2012, 05:11:20 AM
Giratina

AP Stat: C (counts as a B) (Final exam: A)
American Civics: B- (Final exam: B)
English III: A (Final exam: A)
Band: A (Final exam: A)
Japanese I: A (Final exam: A)
Honors Physics: B (Final exam: B+)

Overall I think I did pretty well.
Old June 23, 2012, 05:12:57 AM
Giratina

Well good news. After Turtwig reminded me of my lost book- I FOUND MY ITALIAN BOOK! But Idk how id hand it in as schools over...
Old June 23, 2012, 07:36:07 AM
Regigigas

3rd Level Biology-A+, Highest in Class
3rd Level Chemistry-A+, Second Highest in Class
2nd Level Physics-A+, Highest in Class
2nd Level English-A+, Highest in Class
3rd Level World Religions-A+, Highest in Class
3rd Level French-A+
3rd Level Mathematics-A+
Old June 23, 2012, 08:05:10 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
3rd Level French-A+
3rd Level Mathematics-A+
Aura is an over-achiever.
Old June 23, 2012, 08:37:58 AM
Rayquaza

My report will be available on 13/08/2012. Until then, I am just hoping for the best.
Old June 24, 2012, 04:37:56 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
3rd Level French-A+
3rd Level Mathematics-A+
Out of curiosity, what do 2nd and 3rd level mean?
Old June 24, 2012, 06:55:27 AM
Shaymin

Because my school doesn't give out our report cards until the 29th of June (even when my last exam was on the Thursday), I'll be sure to let you all know what my marks look like once I get it. Which may or may not be on the 29th, because I'll be on vacation away from home with my friend and my mom will be picking it up for me... I will say that I was kinda lazy this year because universities don't start looking at your grades until grade 11. Terrible excuse to not study and everything, but that's what having an eidetic memory is supposed to compensate for. Oh and I also feel quite erm, dumb, as I look at the marks of others. You guys are brainiacs.

Last edited by Luxray13579; June 24, 2012 at 06:56:17 AM.
Old June 24, 2012, 08:34:31 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comusus View Post
Out of curiosity, what do 2nd and 3rd level mean?
They basically refer to Grade Level. In High School, you're able to take courses of a higher Grade level, hence why referring to them by Grade level becomes inadequate. So a "Level 2" course is a Grade 11 course, meaning it's a course one would be expected to take in Grade 11, where as a "Level 3" course is a Grade 12 course.
Old June 25, 2012, 12:18:28 PM
Mudkip

Good job with the straight As and such. I didn't have school this year so I have nothing to share.
Old July 13, 2012, 06:35:07 PM
Shaymin

Sorry for the lateness... Derp.

Math (Intro. to pre-cal and applied): 85%
I hate math.

Japanese (IB [which is the advanced course, so similar to AP]): 95%
Disappointing because I know I could've done better.

French (Immersion, not basic): 88%
Most people who did really well in French before now had near average marks because the teacher sucked.

Gym: 96%
It's gym. You pretend to make an effort when they're looking and blow them away while they're really paying attention and ta-da.

English (also IB): 91%
I did a pretty horrific job on the exam,my mark dropped by 4% right after.

Science: 96%
Physics and chemistry with the two best teachers in the school, here I come!

Geography (my super slacker class): 89%
I did get 100% on the exam though, which shows how much of a slacker I really was throughout the year.

Spanish (IB): 96%
I had to pee so badly during the last bit of the exam, so I resorted to rushing. But my mark still stayed consistent and I finished the exam first.
Old July 14, 2012, 03:01:56 PM
Kyurem

Hah, didn't see this 'till now. Whatevs.

Algebra II Honors: 95.23% (A) - Not too surprised with this one. Never exactly one to do badly at math, and Algebra's one of my stronger subjects anyways.

Chinese II: 98.61% (A+) - Quite literally the easiest class in the world. Moving on.

AP Computer Science: 92.92% (A) - A little more tricky, but I managed to get almost 100% on my final project, in which me and my partner created code to play a Sudoku puzzle on a graphical user interface. Also got a 5 on the AP exam, so that further sealed my A in the class.

English II Honors: 91.57% (A-) - Literally 0.01% better than what I got in the first semester. As I'm not exactly one known for writing, I didn't do as well in this class. Whatever; I still got my A.

Band: 95.28% (A) - Not much to say here.

Physiology: 93.32 (A) - I have no idea why this class was so hard for me this year. I guess it was all the excess memorizing we had to do.
Old August 12, 2012, 09:25:28 PM
Rayquaza

My results just got released by Cambridge, so here are my IGCSE marks:
  • First Language English: A*
  • Physics: A*
  • Mathematics: A*
  • Literature in English: A*
  • Biology: A*
  • Business Studies: A*
  • Chemistry: A*
  • Information and Communication Technology: A*
I was never this happy. :'D
Old August 13, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
Keldeo

English Lit: C
English Language: C
Maths: C (Low, I'd imagine..)
History: C
ICT: C (Very surprising..)
R.E: B
P.E: 5A (Essentually average..)
Drama: D (Depressing..)
Citizenship: B
CORE SCIENCE (Chem. Physics, Biology): C, overall, with D, C and C respectively in the subjects themselves.

I work hard in P.E just to get average, ha ha! I've mainly been on my own in Drama, and I dare say messing up timings with music didn't help. My ICT teacher is a jerk who always gives me low marks, so C is good, from him..

And I'm only half-way through the courses!

Last edited by Roxas; August 13, 2012 at 12:17:39 PM.
Old August 13, 2012, 03:52:06 PM
Celebi

History- B
Chemistry-C
Avid-B
English-B
Algebra 2-F (i know..its awful)
French-C
Old November 20, 2012, 04:04:28 PM
Shaymin

Lookie, it's a bump!
Soooo, for people like me, it's getting near that time again... midterm reports! We got ours today.

Japanese 32SIB - 95%
Pretty standard, though I'm looking to improve it by 2% or so.
Physics 30SFI - 92%
I really do have the best physics teacher ever. (Just to give you guys a hint, we watch a bunch of Minute Physics videos, and he loves physics with a passion. He's a super nerd (Skyrim, Portal, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Reddit, Old school Nintendo AND modern Nintendo). But yeah, I do well, I just sometimes make less than impressive mistakes.
Spanish 32SIB - 97%
Everything is fine and dandy here.
Français 30SFI - 90%
OMGZZZ, IS HILLARY ACTUALLY MAKING AN EFFORT IN THIS CLASS? Yeah, I guess so, but meh. Not much more than last year.
English 32SIB - 93%
I hadn't even the slightest clue for what my mark was gonna be in this class, so I don't really have a comment...

Code Guide    

If the first character is:
3 - This means I'm in the grade 11 course.
If the second character is: 0 -
2 - This means it's an International Baccalaureate (IB) course. IB is basically for people who want a challenge, though some people take entirely IB courses and that typically takes up any free time you ever hoped to have. I'm only in partial IB for 3 of my languages because languages are the simplest ones to take in IB. And yes, for future reference, IB is more difficult than AP.
If the third character is:
S - They're courses which
Quote:
provide learning experiences, knowledge and skills that may lead to further post-secondary education.
Other characters:
FI - French Immersion. Everything is taught in French, speaking English in class is highly looked down upon.
IB - Death. But, y'know, if you want you could get university credits... Heck naw. It just gives me the opportunity to learn even more about the languages and cultures that come with them!
Old December 27, 2012, 10:24:26 AM

My 1st Semester grades were released today. These really matter since colleges will be looking at them. :x

US History: (B+) I think I was one or two points from getting an A :<

College Level Marine Science: (A+) This was one of the easiest classes I've taken. My average was a 101.6%

World Culture: (B+) This class can be pretty tough for some people. I got a B in this class when quarter semester grades were released, so I'm glad I could bump this one up.

AP Calculus: (B+) This is possibly one of the hardest classes I've taken in my life. This class is nothing like Pre Calc; it involves entirely new concepts. I worked hard for this grade and I ended up getting a B+ on the final exam. ^^

AP English: (B) Bleh, I never was a fan of English classes. My test grades definitely hurt me since my teacher asks the most obscure questions about what we've read. I don't really like reading all that much, so this is also one of my tougher classes.

AP Spanish: (B+) This class can also be tough since there's no way to prepare for half the tests our teacher gives us. (She sometimes gives us tests based on the AP exam) The final exam was exactly the same way; we couldn't prepare for it because it was like a practice AP exam.

My overall GPA from these grades is a 3.6 ^~^
Old December 27, 2012, 10:46:51 AM
Giratina

Phys-Ed. - Pass
Scripture - B
Earth Science - B
English - B
Music - Pass
World History - B
Algebra - A
Spanish - A

Pretty successful report card if I must say so myself
Old December 27, 2012, 11:14:35 AM
Administrator

CS 341: A (Very easy A, and the teacher thought I was a great student.)

CS 341L: A (Lab for the above class, same teacher.)

CS 370: C (A lot of people failed this class, mostly for not doing the homework, but I knew coming in that it would be a tough class. Everyone failed the final exam.)

PHYS 181: B- (I failed the first test, then I aced the latter three and got an almost perfect score on the homework.)

PHYS 181L: A (Ever had an open-teacher final exam? If you do poorly here, it's because you can't grasp physics, not because of a tough class.)

MATH 351: C (This class was heavily curved. I didn't do so hot on the exams.)
Old March 18, 2013, 02:56:52 PM

3rd Quarter grades came out for me today.

US History: A- Easy, easy, easy class. My teacher gives us a study guide before each test and I got A's on all of them so far. He made a comment on how I'm doing well with the homework. In reality though, I haven't done homework for this class since October.

World Culture: B+- This class is meh in my opinion. The homework is easy, but the tests are hard. Having 4 teachers teach this subject doesn't really help since each one has a different teaching style.

College Level Marine Science: A+- Easier than US History xD. My teacher for this class offers so much extra credit that it's not even funny. The most you could get this quartar was 15 average points. Yes, AVERAGE points. One of my friends managed to raise her grade from a 77 to a 92. I ended up raising mine from a 93 to a 97.

AP Calculus: B- I was surprised that my grade wasn't higher for this class. I got a 100% on that crazy last test, but I guess I ended up bombing the one before that one. At least he offered to raise my grade up if I came for extra help. :L This is definitely my hardest class this year.

AP English: A- My reaction when I saw my grade: "How...in the world...did I raise my grade from a B to an A?" I can't believe I raised my B from 1st semester up to an A. I guess I can admit that I put in a lot more effort this quarter. However, the next grade in 4th quarter will involve class participation... WHICH I HATE. (I prefer staying quiet during classes and listening to the teacher)

AP Spanish: B+- This class is almost as insane as AP Calc. I have an 83.3% in the class, which is barely a B+. I've been getting a lot of 70s on quizes and oral recordings. I even got a 57% on the last test >_>. I guess I can thank my homework grade for bringing it up. The teacher can be a bit hard to work with too. She would rather have us think of the learning experience with this class instead of the grade, but she grades EVERYTHING.

Overall, my GPA comes out to a 3.75, which is an improvement from last semester.
Old March 19, 2013, 05:52:06 AM
Zoroark

3rd quarter just ended. Here's my Awesome results

Pre-Al-F I don't see how I failed since I did good on the tests and he never assigns any homework

English 10- D- Would have been a C if my partner for the quarter project did spill coffee on it when she took it home

Biology- F No comment

Yearbook- A- Make the school's yearbook. Easiest class ever.

Histories Mysteries- C- We talked about The Man in the Iron Mask all quarter.

Health- A How can you fail this class anyway? Pretty much all we did was vocabulary and CPR training.

American History- F I understand why this is what it is. I didn't do the homework. Not that I couldn't understand the work, just that I was too lazy to either do it or hand it in
Old March 31, 2013, 04:51:25 PM
Giratina

Phys-Ed. - Pass
Scripture - B
Earth Science - B
English - B
Music - Pass
World History - B
Algebra - A
Spanish - A

Once again. The same exact report card.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:36:38 AM
Administrator

Got my grades finally.

CS 441 (Advanced Internet Programming) - B+ (Very hard class due to Xcode being a mess to use, but the teacher was very generous)

CS 470 (Networks and Distributed Systems) - C+ (I aced the homework projects--one of the few students to do so--but did poorly on the tests)

CS 472 (Software Product Design and Development I) - B (Gotta love group work and presentations; quite fun)

MATH 365 (Computational Linear Algebra) - F (The tests covered stuff that was barely touched upon and not lectured over, sometimes only one or two problems on the homework)

One of these is getting re-taken over the summer.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 23, 2013 at 12:43:17 AM.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:51:22 AM
Haxorus

Chemistry- B - I was ill for alot of the lessons so not bad.
Biology- B - This one wasn't too bad, the coursework brought me up alot.
Maths- A - I have improved alot in this. I was originally expecting to get a C/ B.
English Lit- B+ - Aparently I have a B+ but I have found this difficult this year.
English Language- B+ Boring class, I switch off for half the lesson.
Physical Ed- Pass- All we did was go to the gym and play football.
Religious Studies- A - Easy, and I am not even religious...
French- C - Never had an apitude for foreign languages..
Business Studies- B - Again I was ill alot but I did alright. I failed some practise tests though.
Computer Graphics- B+ - Man this subject was a pain in the a--. I had to go afterschool alot to catch up on work.
History- C- - Failed coursework and whatnot, I don't really care though.

I never have been good at school so I will try harder at A- Levels.

Last edited by PureAurorae; May 23, 2013 at 12:52:55 AM.
Old May 23, 2013, 02:05:22 AM
Keldeo

CS 441 (Advanced Internet Programing) - B+ same class as Scott and I agreed on what he said.
GEOL 101 ()- A- (Awesome Teacher I would take him again if I knew he taught what I needed to take)
Math 365- C (barely) I agree with Cat again the teacher didn't teach (she professed it's stupid)
CRJ 104- A (worked on this one and ripped the final 47/50 ) Teacher was good class was interesting, studied and got an A that's with one test being a B (didn't study well enough)
Old May 23, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Charizard

I'm in college like GreenMan and Cat here so let me just say we feel absolutely smart if we get a C (for most college students haha)

Course Title Credits Grade
CO 150 College Composition 3.00 B
HES 207 Anatomical Kinesiology (and lab) 3.00 D (professor left for 6 weeks due to a family member dying, highest grade was a C)
HES 240 First Aid and Emergency Care (and lab) 2.00 A
LIFE 102 Attributes of Living Systems (and lab) 4.00 D (professor had never taken a speech class in his life, couldn't understand anything, no office hours/ tutoring sessions available, exams were on NOTHING we learned about, highest grade was a B..... Not to mention my lab was probably the worst lab I have ever taken for ANY school EVER, micro managed every experiment, nit picked everything you could find wrong no matter how smal (not writing a letter correctly) and each quiz (yes QUIZ) was out of 50 points per week on what we learned last week (met 1 time a week) what we are learning that day, and what we are learning the next week).
Basically, I'm happy with my grades. They will be better next semester though, 17 credits whoooooo hooo!!!!
Old May 24, 2013, 07:49:03 AM
Celebi

Final Report Card of High School
Government: C- :My only excuse is that I got Lazy..
AVID Seminar: B- : A rather easy class
Anatomy and Physiology: C+ :Should be a B-
Algebra 2: B- :YES, YES, YEEEEEEEESSSSSS, I've Finally done it. Gotten something higher than a C in any Math class I've taken
Psychology: C+ :I kinda messed around near the end, but the last week we never did any work so I couldn't do much.
CSU Reading and Writing: C+ : Should be a B- cause it's a 79.2% but can't round it up
Final Thoughts: I call it a successful Final year in High School, many Hiccups but all in all it was pretty decent, even though I missed my mark of a 3.0 GPA

Last edited by JDxImpetus; May 24, 2013 at 09:04:32 AM.
Old May 26, 2013, 09:07:07 AM
Haxorus

My last report card in Middle School:

Required Courses:
Algebra 1: A- Phew, even though we dis more pre-al stuff it was a little tough to get stuff turned in on time since my Algebra 1 teacher gives us like 3 papers a day for homework.

English: A+ ._. Well then. Theres a surprise. Im usually better at math than english...

Science: B+ ...no comment. I dont like looking at B's as grades since its an oddball compared to my A's.

American History: A- Civil War. Civil War everywhere...

Electives:
FACS (Home Ec): A+ I MADE THE BEST PJ PANTS EVER IN THIS CLASS!

Art: A- My art teacher is too critical... ;-;

Im a freshman
freshmeat in high school neow. Yay?
Old June 24, 2013, 09:23:39 PM
Giratina

Last report card of the freshman year. These are the Final Grades for each subject:

Scripture: 86
English 9: 86
World History: 88
Algebra I: 93
Earth Science: 87
Music: Pass
Spanish: 90
Phys Ed.: Pass

Overall: 88.3
Honor Roll: YES

I'm very satisfied with my report card, my 3rd Trimester grades have went up by A LOT. My 3rd Trimester overall is a 91.7, which is wonderful. Made honor roll all 3 trimesters, so I'm happy about that.
Old June 24, 2013, 10:10:08 PM

I forgot to post this a month ago! D:

US History- B+ I thought I'd do better on the final exam, but I somehow ended up getting a C+ on it. >_> That ruined my chances of getting an A in this class. Bleh History....

Faith and Culture- A The final exam was easy, all you had to do was 40 hours of community service, and you could get 30 hours done over the last Summer. Once you do your 40 hours, you get a 100% on the exam. Quite helpful since a lot of people had B+'s and they ended up getting A's (yes, I'm one of those).

College Level Marine Science- A+ Easiest class ever. I think ended up with having a 103% at the end of the year.

AP Calculus- B I can't explain how much of a hard time this class gave me. I think I got a 1 on the mock AP exam (this counts as a final exam for all AP classes. 1 would probably come out to a D+) The teacher was nice though and he allowed me to retake the final exam which I ended up getting a 4 on (B+/A). I don't know what caused the grade spike, but I'm glad I pulled it off.

AP English- B+ I did so much better in this class during 2nd semester. He actually gave out homework to help us raise our grades! I must say this though, I had an exceptionally good English teacher this year. (I haven't had one of those since 9th grade)

AP Spanish- B+ This class was annoying to say the least. A lot of it involved practice-not so much learning new vocabulary or grammar. A lot of the class time was wasted doing one little exercise in the book, which really didn't help us on the exam.

Tennis- Pass <3 playing tennis.

My GPA for the last semester comes out to a 3.7, so I'm quite proud of myself. :3
Old June 24, 2013, 11:36:01 PM
Zoroark

My final report card of middle school. So happy to be done.
Gym: B. I didnt try at all. Easy grade
Math: B. Surprising. Im good at math generally.
English: C. Dont care. Teacher hated me cause I got into to many fights in her class. She gave us WAY too much work as well.
Science: A+. Loved my teacher. And its an easy class.
History: A. Cant believe this one. I didnt even do my final project. Not to mention this was my nap clas.
Computer Skills: B. Not much to say. Didnt do a project for personal reasons.
Not bad.
Old June 25, 2013, 05:13:30 AM
Mudkip

Alright, here is my third quarter grades in college.

Electricity and Magnetism - C+. Honestly, I could have done better in the class if I actually put in more effort into the class. I just didn't like the fact that the quizzes were 60% of the grade and all you have to do is just memorize problems from the homework rather than actually doing problems. Then again, it's most likely laziness in my part. Very interesting class though and I guess the curve was in my favor XD

E/M Lab: A. I am just good at labs. Nuff said.

Vector Calculus 2: C. Usually I am good at math but this class, man that class kicked my butt. At least now I don't have to hear much about Stoke's Theorem for the fall. *shrugs*

Principles of Geology: B. Kids, when you get to college, don't skip class, no matter how nice it is. However, it was a fun class and hope I can take another Geology class just for fun.

Geology Lab: B. Can't identify rocks and minerals during the lab final. Enough said.

Reflections: I have been very lazy this quarter and hopefully this doesn't happen. I am at risk not being able to declare my major due to the GPA requirement of the Physics major. I'm planning to do well in the next two Physics classes so I can make a case to the Physics department that I really want to be a Physics major. This quarter has just been a disaster for me, especially with me being lazy and the springtime weather did not help me at all.

Advice for college: Don't skip class and do your very best in each classes!
Old June 25, 2013, 07:13:50 AM
Kyurem

First year stuff. Now that I'm progressing to the second year, all the stuff from the beginning, up to now. (It's a bit of an information dump, as I held onto the first 6 until now.)

(F: Fail, TF: Technical fail, P: Pass, C: Credit, D: Distinction, HD: High distinction)

CSCI110 (Introduction to W3 (World Wide Web) Technologies) - 72/C - Mozilla Firefox wasn't exactly the best partner around.

MATH121 (Discrete Mathematics) - 76/D - You know there's a problem in your secondary school when the maths there are way more difficult than what you'd expect in uni.

CSCI103 (Algorithms and Problem Solving) - 80/D - Sometimes you just have to think outside of the box. Sometimes it requires you to keep on writing on something until you hit something. And sometimes, you have to compromise. But most of the time, a lot of things can be simplified to something that should take care of most situations.

CSCI114 (Procedural Programming) - 88/HD - Mmm, command-line C++ programs. Kind of crazy trying to work the entire thing in on a tiny 11" screen back then, and I preferred to keep everything on the same machine, so...

CSCI124 (Applied Programming) - 71/C - Never, ever take a vacation while you're in the middle of an assignment. (Also, pointer management is something I don't like to touch.)

STAT131 (Understanding Variation and Uncertainty) - 67/C - Maybe that's why I'm bad at predictions?

CSCI102 (Systems) - 80/D - My favourite part in this is the lecturer. He's... weird. Also, some drawing involved. It's way more writing than I've expected, though. At least it's not in code!

ECTE182 (Internet Technology I) - 79/D - We're getting a bit more physical, and yet we're still mostly talking. Sometimes, though, peeking around with your computer's network can be... fun. And a practical exercise.

Last edited by Twiggy; June 25, 2013 at 07:14:04 AM.
Old July 5, 2013, 05:50:02 PM
Administrator

MATH 365 - B+
Much better than last semester.
Old July 5, 2013, 06:04:55 PM
Rayquaza

MY TURN

First Year Experience
C- - What boring class, I had relearn a bunch of study skills I already learned in High School difference is the teacher was very strict at grading some of my stuff and my portfolio was missing some stuff because it got deleted from Flash Drive. Probably would have failed this class if I didn't show up to every single one.

ENG* J075 01 Integrated Rdg/Wrtg II Main C- - Oh man I have a feeling my teacher only barely passed me because my final portfolio project was so bad I did pretty well though it was pretty easy but the Professor treated us like Middle Schoolers and she wasn't very good.

MAT* J095 04 Elem Algebra Foundations C# - I either did really good during the tests or really bad I was very nervious about the exam but at least I didn't get a C-

2370 THR* J110 01 Acting I B - I love acting and I really think I did well in this class. I probably would have gotten I better grade if I was able to watch others performances, I was really bored with them and started playing my DS I guess it really effected my grade. Oh well at least I now know I have good acting and comedic talent I'll probably audition for the play in the Fall.

ONTO FALL SEMESTER 2013

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 5, 2013 at 06:13:26 PM.
Old July 5, 2013, 06:06:18 PM
Kyurem

Oh, sweet, I forgot about this thread. Well, better late than never I suppose.

Math Analysis Honors: A-
That class was tough, even for someone like me who really likes math and can understand concepts really quickly. Unfortunately for me, it only gets tougher from here...

Chinese III: A+
Class is a breeze. Didn't even really try, but still succeeded.

Chemistry AP Lecture: A
The more important of the two Chemistry grades, as it's weighted as a 5 point A. Chemistry teacher was awesome, really nice, and it was all around a good time.

Chemistry AP Lab: A
The easier and less important of the two Chemistry grades, with a 4 point A. Same teacher, though, so it was still a good time.

U.S. History: A-
I hate history, I wasn't fond of the teacher, and the class was dull and repetitive. If I hadn't pulled my act together by the end of the year I would have gotten a B+. Luckily, my own pressure and nagging from my parents was just what I needed to push back to an A-.

Wind Ensemble II: A+
After three years of taking the class, finally I can move on to Wind Ensemble Honors...which I would have gotten into if someone hadn't taken the position last year from under my nose...

English III AP: A-
Best English class I've ever been in ever. Challenging, yet really fun and never dull. The teacher was one of the best I've had. Really, nothing I say about this class will do it justice, so I'll just say it was an awesome class, and be done with it.

One more year of high school...I certainly hope I don't crash and burn. XP
Old July 6, 2013, 07:04:45 AM
Charizard

Comp II -- B, despite probably making great essays for the class and sending them in on time. That's life, I suppose.

Library Resources -- A or B, can't remember. This was really just a filler class to make sure I made my quota of hours.

World Civ: To 1660 -- D, and I honestly feel like it sounds about right. I am NO good at History...

Developmental Math II -- Incomplete. Will be finishing the last three modules next semester.

Fine Arts: Music -- I THINK it was a C? It's more of a wake-up call because everything music I knew was from Choir. Now I know it's much, MUCH, more than that. Also, I need to adopt better study habits.

Success Strategies -- I believe it was an A or B, this was the obligatory First-Year Studies class. And not a very good one, truth be told, I liked my instructor from Making Connections better...except the professor I have was SUGGESTED by her, I think. Go figure.

I'm really hoping my Sophomore year of College proves to be a little better than this one, especially because I'm taking my first Drawing class this semester!

Last edited by DiamondEdge; July 6, 2013 at 07:05:22 AM.
Old July 13, 2013, 02:56:52 AM
Kyurem

English: 91%
Algebra 2: 100%
American Culture 2: 100%
Biology with Lab: 85%
Art: 97%
Senior Band 2PDS: 100%

GPA: 92
Average: 96
Old August 12, 2013, 07:13:58 AM

I recently got all of my AP scores in the mail (for some reason the Spanish one took a long time)

AP English: 3

AP Calc: 3

AP Spanish: 3

Yay, 1 point away from actually getting college credit. >_> I think my college actually accepts 3s for AP Spanish, so I might be able to use that one.
Old August 12, 2013, 08:24:51 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I recently got all of my AP scores in the mail (for some reason the Spanish one took a long time)

AP English: 3

AP Calc: 3

AP Spanish: 3

Yay, 1 point away from actually getting college credit. >_> I think my college actually accepts 3s for AP Spanish, so I might be able to use that one.
Oh, man, I totally forgot about those.

AP Chemistry: 4
AP English Language and Composition: 5
AP Music Theory: 3

Chemistry was pretty challenging, English was a breeze, and Music Theory was a total train wreck because I was totally unprepared going into the test. All in all, it was exactly what I thought I'd get.

BTW, Reun, is that one AP English you took Language and Literature, or Language and Comp?
Old August 12, 2013, 09:56:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW View Post
Oh, man, I totally forgot about those.

AP Chemistry: 4
AP English Language and Composition: 5
AP Music Theory: 3

Chemistry was pretty challenging, English was a breeze, and Music Theory was a total train wreck because I was totally unprepared going into the test. All in all, it was exactly what I thought I'd get.

BTW, Reun, is that one AP English you took Language and Literature, or Language and Comp?
AP Lit and language
I probably would've done better if I was a better reader.
Old August 20, 2013, 05:52:34 AM
Rayquaza

I got my grades back from my Summer Semester.

General Biology I F
Composition C

Agh I studied like crazy and now I freaking hate biology, taking college in the summer courses is a pain. I tried as hard as I could and never even passed any of the exams I should have signed up for Earth Science, but now I'm going to have to retake Biology so my GPA doesn't go down.

At least this summer semester wasn't a total bust, I'm really glad I passed Composition and I now have it out of the way now I can take any course I want.
Old November 7, 2013, 01:24:59 PM
Giratina

Well, this is pretty disappointing.

AP Calculus- 95%
AP Literature- 91%
Forensic Science- 85%
Advanced Band- 100%
Intermediate Orchestra- 100%
Italian 4- 92%
AP Computer Science- 90%
GPA- 4.25

I got so close this time. I have a feeling that my FS teacher and me aren't going to get along very well.
Old November 7, 2013, 01:37:53 PM
Linoone

Earth Sciences, History, Art, French, etc.- 90-100%
English- 85%
Math- >65%- God damn it.
Old November 9, 2013, 04:41:52 AM
Haxorus

Maths- E
Economics- C
Engineering- C
Business Studies- E

Bare in mind these were written up 4 weeks ago when I didn't do any work to be honest.... I want to make all of these A's (which I am definatley capable of).
Old November 9, 2013, 01:54:20 PM
Zoroark

STEM Algebra I: B
World History: A
Health/PE: A
JROTC: A+
Im especially happy with the algebra grade. Not much else to say.
Old December 21, 2013, 12:15:53 AM
Administrator

Well, another semester over.

CS 469 - B+
GEOL 102 - B
STAT 411 - C
PHIL 114 - A-
CS 301 - C

Yay, I passed the two I was worried about!
Old December 21, 2013, 01:21:17 AM
Keldeo

Joining in
Calc II- B
Goel 102- B-
Information assurance- C+
Digital Image Processing- B+
Old December 31, 2013, 05:27:42 PM
Rayquaza

Fall Semester

Intro To Geography D
World Civilization II A-
Introduction to Linguistics B
Intermediate Algebra W

My teacher in Geography was really bad, I only stayed in the class because I had to withdraw from Algebra and I didn't want to get off two classes.

I'm good at History I'm not suprised I got an A.

I had a really nice teacher in Linguistics and I'm really happy I got such a good grade.

Even though I got my GPA up to 1.91 I now have GPA Suspension and I lost my financial, so I'm totally screwed right now.
Old December 31, 2013, 05:36:09 PM
Haxorus

Got some improvements!

Engineering- A (Hell yes!)
Economics- C (Need to improve)
Business Studies- D (Think I was marked down but I could do better in the exam questions)
Maths- E (I am doing abysmally in the tests...)
Old December 31, 2013, 11:38:58 PM

Forgot to post this in December:

Chemistry I: C+
Calculus I: B
First Year Seminar: B
Geology 100: B-

Trust me, B's and C's are good grades when it comes to college.
Old January 4, 2014, 10:01:37 PM
Charizard

December grades (just got posted)
Human Nutrition (3 credits)- A
Chemistry in Life Sciences (4 credits)- A
(Taught a class so that doesn't count)
Physiology of Exercise (4 credits)- A
Neuromuscular Aspects of Human
Movement (3 credits)- A
And Biomechanical Principles of Human
Movement (3 credits)- B
Total Credits- 17
GPA of this semester- 3.824

I was soooooooo close to getting my first 4.0 in college since my freshman year (2010) but hey I'm happy with my grades!
Old January 4, 2014, 10:36:24 PM
Kyurem

Why not?

ANTH101-02 (INTRO TO ANTHROPOLOGY) B+
CORE101-16 (FIRST YEAR SEMINAR Caudillos and Populists) A-
HIST206-01 (EAST ASIAN CIVILIZATION) A
PHIL101-01 (INTRO TO PHILOSOPHY) C+

For a first semester at college, I am quite proud of myself! That C+ is a little jarring for me, but maaaan did I despise that class. Normally I consider myself a pretty great writer, but I just couldn't catch a break in that class. Thankfully taking an unhealthy amount of AP's during my last two years of high school resulted in me being able to handle papers and finals well. I can write well AND function without sleep! :3
Old May 27, 2014, 01:16:50 PM

A&S 102: B Fun class, I liked it quite a bit. I might minor in Anthropology.
Chem II 122: D+ Let's not talk about this one. I'm just glad that I passed and got the credit. My professor was the wicked witch of the west.
Calc II 162: B- I thought I was going to get a C- in this class, I was surprised.
GEOL 130: B I would've gotten a B+ in this class if I did better on the final exam. Oh well, I'll take it.

If you can help it, try not to take Chem 2 and Calc 2 in the same semester during your freshman year. They're both challenging classes. ^_^;
Old May 27, 2014, 03:10:04 PM
Administrator

CS 477: B (Analysis of Algorithms). This class was rather interesting. It was about making efficient computer programs.
CS 456: C+ (Formal Automata). This one about path-finding wasn't too bad, just a lot of material on the tests.
CPE 100L: A- (Digital Logic Lab). I took the actual class four years ago, but the lab was quite different than the lecture.
MATH 314: C (History of Mathematics). Worst math professor at UNLV, hands down. The ONLY reason most folks even passed this class was a stipulation on the syllabus that states that doing well on the presentation and report would earn an automatic C. His Precalculus class has a failure rate of 86%. I am not exaggerating. I only took it to satisfy my math minor.
Old December 19, 2014, 07:16:00 PM

My 3rd semester at college is over!

A&S 241 [Racial Form Post Colonial Europe]- A
Quite an easy class as long as you did well on the exams. I'm certain that I'm going to declare my minor in Anthropology soon because of how good the department is over here.

GEOL 200 [Earth & Planetary Materials/Mineralogy]- B+
This class was incredible. This was the professor's last class that he would be teaching before retirement. The class made me interested into doing microscope and X ray work with minerals. His exams were tough, but I killed the final exam, which really helped my grade.

GEOL 210 [Hydrogeology]- WD
I'll never know if withdrawing from this class was a good idea or not. I wasn't doing too well in the class aside from the lab portion. Everything was getting too confusing and I didn't like the grading system. I don't think every exam should be worth 25% of your grade...just saying >_>

MUS 103 [Intro World Music Traditions]- A
This class was pretty simple. The professor was amazing, exams were reasonably fair, and we learned how to play the djembe.
Old December 19, 2014, 07:58:28 PM
Administrator

CS 460 (Compiler Construction) - B+
This class was really hard and required writing a lot of Java code, but I did really well on the homework and decently on the tests.

MUS 134* (Jazz Appreciation) - C+
This class wasn't all that great. While the material was interesting, the teacher's tests had many poorly-worded questions. The multiple choice questions had answers that were so obvious (most important part of rhythm? one choice was "rhythm") that they were wrong along with questions on which obscure trombone player played with which band in 1945, while the short answer questions required being very specific.

Final GPA - 2.903
Yep, I'm now a graduate of UNLV. My GPA isn't stellar, but I had a lot of rigorous courses, and I was a bit ditzy in the earlier years and with some of the tedious classes.
Old December 19, 2014, 11:41:10 PM
Charizard

My current GCSE Grades

English - C
Maths - B
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - B
Geography - A
PE (Phys Ed) - C
Computer Science - A*