Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 28, 2013, 06:31:46 PM
Mudkip

Default The Black Friday experience

Talk about your Black Friday experience. For me it's been really good, plus the places aren't packed!
It's probably because 1) I live in East LA and I'm shopping in an Asian neighborhood and 2) I'm not shopping at Walmart at all.
Old November 28, 2013, 07:20:42 PM
Administrator

I already did my shopping online (a new hard drive for my laptop, an HDMI cable, and a gift for a friend). This is the first year in quite a while that I did not purchase any SD cards or flash drives. The size/price ratio is going down faster than I can come up with uses for them. (By the time I get a video camera or digital SLR, that might change.)

Edit (8:26): My step-mom and her sister decided it'd be a great idea to go to Wal-Mart's 6 PM and 8 PM doorbuster sales. They're still not home, but it's only 8:26.

Edit 2 (8:32): Now they are home with a few bags of goodies.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 28, 2013 at 07:31:44 PM.
Old November 28, 2013, 07:37:02 PM
Mudkip

I'm at Target, and got four CDs: B.O.A.T.S. II #METIME by 2 Chainz, Yeezus by Kanye West, The Marshall Mathers LP 2 by Eminem, and Nothing Was the Same by Drake.

P.S. On the Eminem CD, they didn't take off the locking thing from it. -_-

Last edited by Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~; November 28, 2013 at 08:38:43 PM.
Old November 29, 2013, 09:33:42 AM
Servine

Steam and Origin have culled my bank account. I only have $250 left and that's all going to bills and my car.

I literally spent about $150 on games and here's what I have to show for it:
A New Beginning, Battlefield 2142 + Northern Strike, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Civilization III, Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Deus Ex, Dragon Age + All DLC, Gemini Rue, Half-Life 2 + Both Expansions, Half-Life + Both Expansions, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, Insurgency, Interstellar Marines, Left 4 Dead 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect 3 + All DLC, Rising Storm, Skyrim + All DLC, Steam Marines, System Shock 2, Team Fortress Classic, Terraria, To The Moon + Soundtrack and X-COM: Enemy Unknown

Last edited by Saigon; November 29, 2013 at 09:42:27 AM.
Old November 29, 2013, 05:21:01 PM
Mudkip

That's a hell lotta games.
Old November 29, 2013, 06:41:43 PM
Administrator

Best Buy was relatively packed when I went to pick up a Wii U. I'm surprised how many people were in Barnes and Noble. They weren't even having any sales, so it must have been the convenience factor of already being out for shopping.
Old November 29, 2013, 06:46:31 PM
Mudkip

My family found a Lebanese guy who wanted a PS4. He was so close, but somebody got the last one when he was in front of the register line with us. I felt sorry for him.
Old November 29, 2013, 07:00:56 PM
Haxorus

I headed out with my family at around 8. We were at my aunt's house in New Jersey, so we didn't really know what we were in for. We went into Target expecting the worst, but the place was nearly empty, and almost everything was in stock. I walked out with PS3 (The Last of Us bundle, with an additional KH HD ReMix). I also grabbed a squirrel cookie jar that I might use for the Reddiy secret Santa exchange. After that, I went to GameStop and picked up Gundam Crossfire, for no other reasons than "it's cheap and looks cool". Then we went to Chick Fil A, where my brother-in-law and I departed to bust out the new machine.
Old November 29, 2013, 07:04:13 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ View Post
That's a hell lotta games.
Yep, and there are still a ton of others that I hope to buy eventually.

I also played along with ArenaNet's "take the Guild Wars 2 oath for a chance to win a free copy of Guild Wars 2" contest.

Feel free to laugh at me, and sorry for the low quality:
Old November 29, 2013, 07:05:32 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueumbreon View Post
I walked out with PS3 (The Last of Us bundle, with an additional KH HD ReMix). I also grabbed a squirrel cookie jar that I might use for the Reddiy secret Santa exchange. After that, I went to GameStop and picked up Gundam Crossfire, for no other reasons than "it's cheap and looks cool". Then we went to Chick Fil A, where my brother-in-law and I departed to bust out the new machine.
You're dead to me.
Old November 29, 2013, 07:42:20 PM
Giratina

It was at Black Friday that I learned first party Wii U games cost $60 instead of $50. I can't buy a single Wii U game until Smash Bros. unless prices get slashed.

So I walked into Target for no reason other than I wanted to get rid of my gift cards. It was a choice between Dream Team and Mario Party: Island Tour, and I figured the former would keep me more interested until December. I used 2 of them to get Dream Team and that came with ANOTHER gift card, one that I'll use after Christmas. I was looking for my two Kirby games specifically, but I guess they're too old to be held by Target now.
Old November 29, 2013, 08:22:03 PM

This was definitely my best Black Friday. I left the house at around 12 PM and I went with my friend to the mall (finding a parking space was a nightmare) and got a few good deals. Later we went to Target and Best Buy to see what was left. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to choose from. My friend wanted a 3DS XL and they were on sale for $150 each, but by the time we got there, only the pink ones were available. Yeah, he wasn't too happy. He did end up buying one of the pink ones along with Pokémon X. When I got into Best Buy, there wasn't much there that we could afford- even with the sales. I did however pick up A Link Between Worlds, this game already sucked me in and I love it. We finished our night by eating at Kumo (Hibachi restaurant). I didn't get back home until around 9 PM, but it was a great day.
Old November 29, 2013, 08:42:47 PM
Administrator

Went to Best Buy at 10:30, got a Wii U, stood in line for 10 minutes to checkout. Went home. END.
Old December 1, 2013, 04:13:26 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Went to Best Buy at 10:30, got a Wii U, stood in line for 10 minutes to checkout. Went home. END.
You're a lucky son of a gun.
Old December 2, 2013, 11:40:29 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ View Post
You're a lucky son of a gun.
But not too lucky, he bought a Wii U.

Last edited by Saigon; December 2, 2013 at 11:40:41 AM.
Old December 2, 2013, 12:05:33 PM
Keldeo

This year is the first year I actually went anywhere for Black Friday. My dad and I went out to the airport and got my Grandma, who had decided spent Thanksgiving with a few far-away relatives this year.

. . . that's a start, right?