Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 4, 2015, 10:18:28 PM
Keldeo

Default Imaginary Worlds

So I've been wasting an unhealthy amount of time on /r/worldbuilding/ recently, and making games that aren't Tetris tends to involve world design anyway, which has got me wondering - how many of you have ever dreamed up your own fantasy world in some shape or another at some point?

That was a silly question, of course you have. Anyway, what was it like? How'd it go? Any general thoughts on how that would work?
Old September 16, 2015, 07:57:46 PM
Cyndaquil

Oh, I've dreamed up lots of fantasies all the time. A lot in the same world, and a lot of worlds in total. But... are you asking for like, world design ideas or just in general like we talk about our strange and embarrassing little fantasies?
Old September 16, 2015, 10:01:00 PM
Keldeo

Anything, really. Last week or so I've talked to a lot of people who've done everything from reinventing physics to pondering what things would be like if we had twelve fingers instead of ten.
Old October 2, 2015, 08:08:01 PM
Cyndaquil

One of the biggest things I've always wondered about was that, if in the far future, we'd coexist among other intelligent species, or even sentient machines. A mixture of both, even and more. How would it be like? Would they suffer the same discrimination and oppression that some people have felt at certain points in history? Would we be able to coexist happily? Would hatred between humans themselves be diminished to focus on the aliens? What about schools, parks, restrooms, marriages? Would there be wars on humans vs certain species and an entire culture that's been bred to hate a species? Would there be new, horrible diseases spreading like wildfire? Would cities be like neon cyberpunk awesomeness? How would the aliens look like anyways? Would children coexist happily amongst tentacled obscurities in the same classroom, or perhaps even something as ridiculous as Marvin the Martian, or something so oddly similar - like a bugs bunny looking creature even though we have rabbits.

Well anyway I know that's not particularly interesting since it's a subject that's been touched on millions of times. I still think it's interesting though. I think I've said a lot for now though. What do you think?