Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 13, 2011, 01:34:57 AM
Servine

Default The (ugh) Homework Thread

Talk about what homework you have to do and how it's ruining your life etc etc.
I'm almost done with my english homework (I sure like saving that subject for last) where we have to write a one page paper on how people in general spend too much for crap they don't need. I also gotta make notecards for a possible presentation on it tomorrow. It's annoying. The instructions were kinda vague but I decided to write about credit and the bad habits it causes and how it has to do with the recession. Also, the teachers a real strict ***** about the way we present, so I better be prepared.

also if this type of thread already exists, my bad, but I didn't see any other one.

Last edited by Spangbot; October 13, 2011 at 01:42:44 AM.
Old October 13, 2011, 04:25:27 AM
Shaymin

Thats NOTHING! I had to do a 3 page paper on Jane Goodall, and she isn't that interesting, I spent SO much time on it and got an -A
Old October 13, 2011, 08:46:56 AM
Rayquaza

Since my article about Greece's crisis wasn't approved, I need to find another interesting article, summarize it and find a list of 10 words to identify their meaning. Along with that, I need to prepare an analysis for the article, in which I would be writing a speech about it. Moreover, there are 10 words that are supposed to be for the 'Spelling Test'. All of those are due to Sunday. God! My new English Language teacher treats us like kids!

Then, I have three stories to read for English Literature, which is also due to Sunday. I have a Biology homework, in which I have to draw some genetic diagrams and a Business Studies homework, which is exceptionally long and tiring. I also have one more Maths question to solve.

That's all I have for the time being!
Old October 13, 2011, 11:50:22 AM
Giratina

Well, I usually have Pre-Cal homework every day, just a few problems though.

Right now I have an English project where we're making a new country so I have to write a persuasive essay on why our country (group project ) is worth moving to.

And finally, I have to make a candy store website from scratch with HTML, almost done with that. It doesn't exactly look great but it works, I can upload it when I'm done if anyone wants to see.
Old October 13, 2011, 04:10:56 PM
Kyurem

Well, I usually do my homework in class while the teacher is busy doing something else, or I procrastinate and do it in homeroom the day it's due.

Really the only homework I've had trouble with this past month of school has been the usual Geometry homework and a 3 page Response to Literature report we had to do on "The Outsiders".
Great book, by the way.
Old October 13, 2011, 04:45:37 PM
Haxorus

the only hw i've had troube with this schoolyear is writing a sonnet (still not done, assigned today)
Old October 13, 2011, 05:57:53 PM
Haxorus

Science Fair. 'Nuff said.
Old October 13, 2011, 09:26:40 PM
Rayquaza

Things to be added:

I have a Business Studies test about finance and factors affecting production on Wednesday and a Physics test on Thursday.
Old October 14, 2011, 06:14:16 PM
Volcarona

You know what's ********? Math.

I have this crappy ass math text book that's so vague, I can barely get good
at the material I'm supposed to study. What if you got sick and missed a class?
What if your teacher gets sick too and they send in a substitute teacher that can't
teach? I've had my fair share of bad teachers. Oh god, I did.

One time, I had a French teacher years ago that spoke Chinese. She could BARELY speak English. No one in the class knew what in the hell she said. If there would be any reason why I couldn't pick up French as a Canadian, I'd probably be because of her.

Bottom line, I've wasted Gaga-knows how many hours on this horrific, bloody textbook.
If you have a math textbook called "Principles of Mathematics 10", burn it with your Charizard's flamethrower, for god's sake.
IT MUST DIE. IT'S HAIR PINK.
Old October 14, 2011, 06:17:54 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalliumGrant View Post
You know what's ********? Math.

I have this crappy ass math text book that's so vague, I can barely get good
at the material I'm supposed to study. What if you got sick and missed a class?
What if your teacher gets sick too and they send in a substitute teacher that can't
teach? I've had my fair share of bad teachers. Oh god, I did.

Bottom line, I've wasted Gaga-knows how many hours on this horrific, bloody textbook.
If you have a math textbook called "Principles of Mathematics 10", burn it with your Charizard's flamethrower, for god's sake.
IT MUST DIE. IT'S HAIR PINK.
We went all technological with our textbooks in Geometry and the district gave us access to online textbooks.
Though I must admit, I liked the actual books better.
Old October 19, 2011, 03:40:50 PM

Im getting tested on a movie I watched in Spanish class, the only problem is that I couldnt understand half of it. :/
Old October 19, 2011, 04:27:31 PM
Giratina

I had to do 3 pages of very hard Algebra 2/Trig questions. And I so very much loved it.
I also had 5 questions of slightly easy Government questions. WORST. ASSIGNMENT. EVER.
Old October 20, 2011, 09:58:27 AM
Rayquaza

I have Business and Physics tests next week, along with 3 compositions and a recitation of a poem for Arabic.
Old October 23, 2011, 11:40:13 AM

I gotta write up a lab report for an AP Biology experiment on diffusion and osmosis with graphs supporting my data.
Old October 24, 2011, 07:37:25 AM
Rayquaza

I have to write few notes about Analogue and Digital electronics and circuits for Physics and a descriptive essay for English Language.
Old October 25, 2011, 07:26:32 AM
Giratina

One newspaper report for English Language, notes on electrical safety for Physics and completing the last question in the vector exercise for Maths.
Old November 12, 2011, 03:29:21 AM
Giratina

No homeworks for you guys?

Any way, I have to memorize a religious piece of text for tomorrow, and I need to complete some notes for my Physics teacher on dangers of electricity as well as cathode rays.

Last edited by Shadow; November 12, 2011 at 03:29:31 AM.
Old November 12, 2011, 08:53:45 PM

I have 20 workbook pages to do for my AP Biology class and a lab report for a fermentation lab. For History, I have a DBQ essay to write (DBQs are evil).
Old November 13, 2011, 04:40:31 AM
Rayquaza

I have to a journal of a local story due to next week for my English Language. I also need to finish some notes about cathode ray tubes due to Tuesday.
Old November 18, 2011, 04:56:25 PM
Giratina

Practice test for American Civics. Meh, civics....
Old November 22, 2011, 07:25:05 AM
Giratina

I have to complete an essay for English Literature and three essays for English Language. Yeah, I found out the hard way that being a Deputy Head Boy costs many things...
Old December 14, 2011, 07:02:43 PM
Linoone

I had to write an entire novel in eight grade for my literature class. It seriously sucked because it was hard to comeup with something from scratch.
Old December 15, 2011, 11:36:18 AM
Giratina

I had to write a modern version of The Canterbury Tales for Language Arts III.

For actual homework, I have to study Japanese... constantly... and it's a year-round assignment.
Old December 15, 2011, 02:07:59 PM
Shaymin

I only have to say that I. Hate. Algebra. 1.
Old April 2, 2012, 12:16:55 PM
Giratina

Assignment: Write a comparison and contrast essay that is about 2 pages long.
Upside- I get to compare Home consoles and handhelds!
Downside- Since I'm on vacation, I don't have the right materials to start the essay. And by the time I get back home, I'll have a little over 12 hours to start and finish.
Old April 3, 2012, 08:02:28 AM

I have to write up a video log for Spanish class. What I basically need to do is to watch a news article in Spanish and then write up a summary about what happened. Its practically the same thing as current events I guess
Old April 3, 2012, 10:18:43 AM
Regigigas

Over break, I have to write an essay on... Actually I don't even know what it's about! Probably something about African history considering that's where we're at in the curriculum.
Old April 3, 2012, 12:29:00 PM
Giratina

Today I've got a Chemistry worksheet on balancing redox equations, and Pre-Calculus homework on arithmetic sequences. Not too bad.
Old April 4, 2012, 06:00:27 PM
Kyurem

We have to do an allegorical essay for Lord of the Flies over the Spring Break. I really hope I can do well this time; I've proven the ability to do decent on the recent, smaller essays, but my friend always seems to out-do me:

My Lord of the Flies In-Class Essay: 29/30 (96.666666%)
Friend's Lord of the Flies In-Class Essay: 30/30 (100%)

My Modest Proposal Essay: 39/40 (97.5%)
Friend's Modest Proposal Essay: 40/40 (100%)

SO MUCH RAGE.
Old April 10, 2012, 09:00:25 AM

I need to do a worksheet on arithmatic and geometric sequences for Pre Calculus, the problems with sigma are the easiest so far.
Old April 10, 2012, 10:40:32 AM
Giratina

I have some problems to do in AP Statistic and I have to read an article on anything related to economics for my Econ class.
Old April 11, 2012, 06:15:15 AM

I need to write an FRQ for my AP history class on the Cold War and communism vs. nationalism. It is only supposed to take 35 minutes to write, but I think I'll be spending more time doing research and writing a rough draft before handing in a final copy.
Old April 11, 2012, 02:34:40 PM

I have to play video games for my Game Design class and watch movies for my Film Music class.

College is so tough.
Old May 6, 2012, 12:40:12 PM
Volcarona

I've got to watch Disney's Sleeping Beauty for my Lit & Film class so I can compare it with the original writing of the story. Then I have to put together a scrapbook to present my writing pieces from Creative Writing on Wednesday. Other than that, it's just a lot o' studying since this is my last week of High School.
Old May 8, 2012, 07:51:44 AM

I need to study for a probability and permutations test for my Pre Calc class. I never knew probability could get this annoying, nor do I think I will ever use this in my life...
Old May 8, 2012, 07:49:20 PM

My computational prototype for my game design class fails hard.
Old May 10, 2012, 01:40:52 PM
Volcarona

Gotta make the images for my 12 month school year (starting on August) calendar in Graphic Design. Most likely going to do a Pony theme calendar unless I can find better Pokemon images that will work as I wish to stick to official artwork for it.
Old May 10, 2012, 03:58:54 PM
Giratina

I have to make a program for AP Stat class that shows what terms I've learned over the year. It's my final exam/grade for the class.
Old May 11, 2012, 02:11:08 PM
Regigigas

I have to answer a study guide comprised of questions based off d-day, world war 2, the coldwar, and modern day stuff so I can keep my barely-A in order to exempt the upcoming finals. I'm already exempted from three out of four, so I'll see what I can do to exempt my biology finals.
Old June 4, 2012, 08:15:33 PM
Shaymin

Because this is completely relevant to the topic, I thought I'd share how I have to study for biology/chemistry/physics exam, my geography exam, my incredibly massive and complicated Spanish exam, and prepare to write my English exam, which includes a 3-class part where we analyze a text and write minimum 2 (written) pages of either an essay, short story, editorial, newspaper article or memoir... But that's just the exam part which is easy. I also have a geography worksheet, a Spanish project, a Spanish 30-page booklet. Last but not least, over the past couple weeks I read Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (riveting read if you can understand the humour) and am now writing a literary analysis describing and proving a theme describing discovered in the book. The literary analysis has to be a minimum of 5 pages, which so far, will not be a problem. The literary analysis is due tomorrow, so essentially I'll be writing approximately 6 pages (of my critical thinking skills) within 24 hours.

Last edited by Luxray13579; June 4, 2012 at 08:18:36 PM. Reason: More typos and things. This was probably my 5th time editing it.
Old June 4, 2012, 08:20:04 PM
Shaymin

Just saying this aught it be quite the lonesome thread, for the summer is here. (Forever Alone)

But I AM NOT looking to the teacher or the homework in Medieval History next year...
Old June 22, 2012, 01:53:43 AM
Zoroark

In Japanese, class, there was a COOKING project, because my brain is designed for lectures and workbooks, I couldn't do it at all.

In most of my group projects, I either do 80%~100% of the work (I'm good at PowerPoint; writing multiple names gives points to them) or 20% of the work (someone else taking dominant role; I have no idea about that project)

I have heard stories about that stressful project in Biology, Psychology and even Statistics. I bypassed all these projects by taking summer school Bio.

My English Literature year-long project is so insane: It is a scrapbook of all literature learned in class. Almost everyone procrastinated to the end.

I just finished Social Studies provincial exam. On the day before the exam, I Googled about essay tips, and in the hour before the exam, I found a review material from the Internet. I got 10~20 points on the first essay, but I only got 3 points on the second essay, so I tried to BS (don't know if I'm allowed to use this word here) through it. My definition of a BSed essay is:
- Less than 4 points but still as long: It's amazing to see a phrase being inflated into a paragraph
- Buzzwords (downsizing) and terminologies (dependency ratio, demographic transition model). It's amazing to see a phrase being inflated into a paragraph.
- When in doubt, write a good conclusion.
- Ask a strong question in the introduction, but don't attempt to answer it in conclusion (did this in a previous essay)

Now, I'm doing Chemistry 12AP summer assignments because the Chem curriculum is too long, but I get the benefits of doing everything on computer.
Old June 22, 2012, 04:09:05 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
I have to make a program for AP Stat class that shows what terms I've learned over the year. It's my final exam/grade for the class.
Everything worked fine except one button that ended up not opening a window for a category of statistics. I found this out when I had to present it to the class. I felt pretty stupid when it didn't open.
Old August 28, 2012, 05:14:52 PM

I think it'll be fitting to bump this thread since school is starting soon for most of us.
My US History homework today is to listen to music. (No, I am not kidding)
More specifically these songs:
1. Toby Keith "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue"
2. Stevie Wonder "Black Man"
3. Simon and Garfunkel "America"
4. Lee Greenwood "God Bless the U.S.A"
Old August 28, 2012, 05:18:54 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I think it'll be fitting to bump this thread since school is starting soon for most of us.
My US History homework today is to listen to music. (No, I am not kidding)
More specifically these songs:
1. Toby Keith "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue"
2. Stevie Wonder "Black Man"
3. Simon and Garfunkel "America"
4. Lee Greenwood "God Bless the U.S.A"
HA, YOU'RE A 12TH GRADER IN A 9TH GRADE COURSE

For AP English, I have to read a speech, a poem, a packet, and answer another test packet that's thick with questions. I'm loving it already~
Old August 28, 2012, 05:21:22 PM
Celebi

For homework i got a physiology Vocabulary worksheet.
i also had Economy homework but i left the Textbook in my Locker...
not bad for my 1st day back
Old August 28, 2012, 06:25:55 PM
Charizard

Man, I just love the fact that I get 20-30 questions of Pre Cal a night...

that I don't get.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:46:03 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Swampert View Post
Man, I just love the fact that I get 20-30 questions of Pre Cal a night...

that I don't get.
So not fair! Transfer all your Pre Calc questions to me! I only got 16 last night! D:
Old August 28, 2012, 07:00:16 PM
Charizard

Since I'm in College, "Homework" is a bit more broader in definition. It's still there, but it's not quite referred to as such. Mostly it's just brushing up on notes and keeping assignments in check.

...So homework. But a bit easier and yet somewhat harder to maintain.
Old September 4, 2012, 08:53:03 AM

I have to read the rest of Act 1 in Hamlet for my English class tonight and begin planning a comparative essay over the books I've read over the Summer. From all the Shakespearean plays I've read, this one looks to be the most interesting, as it is practically a ghost story. ^^
Old September 4, 2012, 11:56:37 AM
Giratina

For AP Lang I have to go on the internet and search up as much stuff as I can about gay marriage for an essay. I think. There's a lot of essay writing, but it might've been some sort of project, I dunno, I forgot.
For Microbiology, I have to read 2 sections of a chapter on cell structure and make a FANCY PRETTY SPARKLY Power Point on them~ YEAH, LET'S UTILIZE THE MESS OUTTA THIS NEW LAPTOP.
Also I have to memorize a paragraph for Italian 3, but that's too easy for me, so why bother?
Old September 4, 2012, 12:14:49 PM
Haxorus

For the second week of school, I've been getting it pretty easy in terms of teh Homeworks. Today, all I have to do is a few worksheets with Angles of Depression and Elevation for Algebra 2 Honors. I finished my Biology HW in class(as usual), and all my other classes didn't give me anything, except for messing around with my Government spiral notebook. Yay for -hopefully- easy Freshman year~!
Old September 5, 2012, 04:59:16 PM
Volcarona

I had two questions of Math homework, and classes just barely started for me. I wonder if my teacher is a nutcase... xP

Last edited by GalliumGrant; September 5, 2012 at 04:59:31 PM.
Old September 5, 2012, 07:16:21 PM
Giratina

So, I had to watch a movie for my homework. No big deal or whatever, right?
And we also have to write an essay on it about reflecting to our lives. And the movie is Confessions of a Shopaholic. I am one of the most frugal people I know.
Old September 6, 2012, 03:43:03 AM
Shaymin

Anyone know what a Frayer Model is? It is a box with 4 boxes in it. They are labeled Definition, Facts, Sentence, and Syn/Antonyms
Well try doing one of them for 10 foreign words. UGH!
Old September 6, 2012, 10:35:09 AM
Giratina

I have to do some review things for pre-calculus. It's just finding the 6 trigonometric ratios of the given triangles. Pythagorean Theorem, hoo-ray.
Old September 6, 2012, 11:35:36 AM
Joltik

baha school hasn't started for me yet.
Old September 6, 2012, 12:52:01 PM
Haxorus

I've been working on a "project" that I have to present tomorrow. By the way, I'm in college.

I got into a group of four, researched a color (cyan in my case), and create a group based around that color, including coming up with a name with that color in it somewhere.

We had to record a 30-second audio clip, videotape a 1-minute video clip, and since the lab I was working in was filled with Mac OS X's, I probably would have used Keynote. But I managed to get it done in Powerpoint. I did the poster, had someone take a group photo of us, and took mugshots of each of us...which I then combined into one face.

I know, this seems like way too much stuff to do in three days of classtime. But it's the only class on my schedule until next week...then my actual schedule will kick in. I think you will agree, once you get the software I'm using (Adobe Master Collection CS6) and you become familiar with the creative arts.

EDIT: I passed the course.

Last edited by GTP_NickSkyline; September 8, 2012 at 12:03:07 PM.
Old September 6, 2012, 01:15:15 PM
Shaymin

Today was my second day of school, and so far no Japanese homework be wise we're still reviewing grade 10 stuff for the people who don't remember (not me), and we then had 10 review questions in physics which I finished in class ahead of time... The only things I have for homework are projects in Spanish and French. Spanish is a long-term paper (I have to write about 6 throughout the year at my own pace) about one of the six options they give us (even though eventually you have to do all of them). Then in French I must male a big album with 101 things about me. I'm not interesting enough to have 101 things about me though. I'll do my best! But the worst part is how that will then become an oral presentation in from of the class, so I can't even write honest things about myself... But I will anyway.
Old September 6, 2012, 04:54:59 PM
Kyurem

I hate graphing inequalities in Algebra 2. ;c
Old September 6, 2012, 05:41:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
I hate graphing inequalities in Algebra 2. ;c
GIVE ME ALL YOUR MAAAAAATH. I love graphing inequalities! Although I hate drawing graphs, all that shading made it all the more interesting. Y'all are making me jealous because instead of math homework, all I get are study days for a quiz. But I don't need to study for math, I'm perfect in it. :I
And as for my awful homework, I have to write paragraphs on famous Renaissance artists and writers for Modern World History. NYAA. And even though this isn't homework, I HAVE TO BRING MY BOOK EVERY DAY. Why, teacher man? :U I don't even know how to open a locker.
Old September 6, 2012, 07:16:50 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
GIVE ME ALL YOUR MAAAAAATH. I love graphing inequalities! Although I hate drawing graphs, all that shading made it all the more interesting. Y'all are making me jealous because instead of math homework, all I get are study days for a quiz. But I don't need to study for math, I'm perfect in it. :I
And as for my awful homework, I have to write paragraphs on famous Renaissance artists and writers for Modern World History. NYAA. And even though this isn't homework, I HAVE TO BRING MY BOOK EVERY DAY. Why, teacher man? :U I don't even know how to open a locker.
It's actually only that bad when my teacher tells us to graph fractions. FRactions are always the base of my problems. ;-;
I HAD IT SET UP ALL PERFECT AND THEN 17/7 HAD TO COME IN THE MIXTURE

Last edited by Shiny; September 6, 2012 at 07:17:13 PM.
Old September 7, 2012, 10:15:15 AM

I have to finish a comparative essay for AP English between A Mercy and The Great Gatsby. I'm thinking about using The American Dream as my essay topic.
Old September 7, 2012, 01:23:21 PM
Volcarona

I have to wrap up this project for my Design I class which is to cut out two different symmetrical shapes on two black squares of paper. They must be Asymmetrical balanced designs and the cut-outs must be flipped and glued on the page which gives it a sort of reminiscent look to a kaleidoscope.
Old September 7, 2012, 01:55:51 PM
Volcarona

I have a few Math questions and an assignment where I have to find a crime article from a newspaper and create questions. Simple stuff, really.
Old September 7, 2012, 06:19:12 PM
Giratina

For my AP English IV, I have to read the poem my teacher gave the class, figure out who the speaker is, when it takes place, where it takes place, and what the poem says about itself... or something like that.
Old September 7, 2012, 08:22:07 PM
Kyurem

More Algebra 2 homework. Slopes, functions, easy stuff brrrrrrrrrro.
Old September 8, 2012, 05:53:20 PM
Haxorus

For this weekend, I had to review angles of depression and elevation and a few problems for a quiz on Monday for Algebra 2, Make a collage for gov't, and make some LINCS cards for Biology, and do a few pages in my Spanish book. Nothing horrible.
Old October 5, 2012, 01:07:38 PM
Volcarona

I get to work on mini-projects that are examples of definitions that I must also type and print out to paste in a sketchbook/workbook for my Design I class. Did I fail to mention she quietly assigns these assignments during busy time in class, when it's loud, and gives it to us on top of our more important ACTUAL projects that are due the next class period? Now this is all due Monday... with the Mid-Term that very same day. So I must also work on my Study Guide. Hooray...
Old October 7, 2012, 08:06:32 AM

I have another essay to do for English, but now I need to write about Hamlet. My idea is to argue why Hamlet delayed in killing Claudius, the main antagonist of the play (some people see Hamlet as the antagonist too).
Old October 7, 2012, 08:10:34 AM
Giratina

I though Hamlet was the tragic hero. He can't possibly be the antagonist.

For mt SAT Prep class we have to define over 20 (Didn't feel like counting) words, relate them to the root, write sentences for them, and find synonyms. What a bother. I also have to read all of Act I of Coriolanus for AP Lang.
Old November 25, 2012, 05:29:06 PM

I even have homework over Thanksgiving break. I have to study for a quiz in English and read "The Fall" for my Culture class. I have a bit of pages to do for AP Spanish too.
Old November 28, 2012, 04:20:22 PM
Mudkip

I hate having to do Physics homework online.

And damn me missing points on my Calculus homework because I make typos and the professor only gives me one attempt per problem!
Old November 29, 2012, 02:48:00 PM
Giratina

Just a couple of days ago I had to do something for the Italian SAT practice that involved me interpreting what a large letter (all in Italian of course) meant so that I could answer the question: "Who is writing this letter?" Of course, I didn't know much about what it said, so I guessed (correctly.) Now we have to TRANSLATE THE WHOLE LETTER INTO ENGLISH. It's a good thing I only slip up on some of the words.
Old April 15, 2013, 09:19:28 PM
Giratina

Just had a new really big assignment.

For the entire weekend, despite the various activities I was doing, I had to do a video project for my math class. The challenge? I had to film MYSELF. BY MYSELF. With no tripod. The bad part was that it had to be both entertaining AND educational (those two don't mix) and must teach a lesson accurately from the book. The good thing was that I got to go crazy with the characters and also got to record my own background music in FamiTracker. But the whole experience was still terrible since I had only 3-4 days to do it. Yaaaaaay procrastination~
Old April 15, 2013, 09:21:00 PM
Administrator

I have to create a protocol for and code a multi-server distributed network, as well as create some kind of mobile web project by next Monday. Anyone think it'll be fun?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 15, 2013 at 09:21:18 PM.
Old April 16, 2013, 01:43:59 AM
Kyurem

I'm sort of fuming right now.

I'm trying to draw graphs... of digital signals and ASK, PSK, and FSK... with just Paint.NET because I don't have anything else.
Old April 16, 2013, 09:40:22 AM
Haxorus

I have to practise making something on Photoshop in accordance with the rules set by my exam board. I decided to try and make a Birthday Card in practise for an exam I have in a few days where I will have to recreate it. Problem is, I absolutley suck at Photoshop.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:56:24 PM
Charizard

Okay, all I said about homework being easier for me since I'm in College?

All wrong, now it's REALLY ramped up a bit. Timespan's wider, but the questions and assignments are tougher.
Old April 18, 2013, 02:23:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondEdge View Post
Timespan's wider, but the questions and assignments are tougher.
That's pretty much my problem with college assignments. They tend to take advantage of having more time and thus can often be more project-oriented in their size. It gets especially annoying when two or three classes have assignments due on the same day, and they're all at least ten hours of solid work. College is a procrastinator's nightmare.
Old April 18, 2013, 02:37:05 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
College is a procrastinator's nightmare.
So is this thread. I should be doing some physics-y maths-y projectiles stuff...

...Eventually.

Oh, and I need to revise Electronics, Japanese, Maths, Physics, and DT, and I have a Resistant Materials project due. Exams are coming. Heeeelllp!
Old August 21, 2013, 07:04:59 PM
Giratina

It's that time again to start up this thread on the worst parts of school.

Now that the deadly diagnostic test of advanced failure is over, my AP Calc teacher said that we would be getting homework every single class. And unlike my other classes, this is every single day AND in the morning. Sure, I'd love a 5 and the assignments are easy now, but it'll get worse and worse...

This is incredibly annoying rather than hard, but I hate having to fill out all these student info sheets and safety forms. But I suppose it's the school trying to prevent the, ah-hem, "events" from last year having a repeat.
Old August 21, 2013, 07:09:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
AP Calc
I'm glad I don't have to take any more calculus classes. What I have left instead is statistics (which I've heard does involve calculus in one section--but there seriously better not be anything involving trigonometry) and several difficult computer classes.

Here's hoping I don't get much homework these next two semesters.
Old August 21, 2013, 07:26:52 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I'm glad I don't have to take any more calculus classes. What I have left instead is statistics (which I've heard does involve calculus in one section--but there seriously better not be anything involving trigonometry) and several difficult computer classes.

Here's hoping I don't get much homework these next two semesters.
My original class lineup consisted of 4 math classes; AP Calculus AB (School doesn't offer BC), AP Computer Science, Statistics, and Physics (Which is a science with MOSTLY math, so IT IS A MATH. YES I'M RANTING AT SOMEONE NOT HERE!) I swapped out Statistics for Computer Graphics to help with CompSci, but I couldn't take that, and I can't take Physics because it clashes with all my other immovable AP classes. So now it's just Calc 1st period and Computer Science last period.
Old August 21, 2013, 09:16:35 PM

Yay, homework before school even starts!

I was required to read a 300 page novel over the Summer and just a few days ago, I received an email saying that I had to write a 250-word essay about a scene in the book. 250 words is actually not bad at all, I easily made it over 300 words.
Old August 21, 2013, 09:35:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Yay, homework before school even starts!

I was required to read a 300 page novel over the Summer and just a few days ago, I received an email saying that I had to write a 250-word essay about a scene in the book. 250 words is actually not bad at all, I easily made it over 300 words.
Be careful with that. In college, writing too much is very easy to do and can easily be marked down as if too little was written. Teachers don't just want to test that you can write enough, but they also want to test that you can keep it concise. If a teacher asks for "3 to 4 pages," make sure you fill the third page but don't spill onto a fifth.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 21, 2013 at 09:36:47 PM.
Old September 14, 2013, 01:51:17 PM
Giratina

"Write down 5 science fair titles in the subject of forensic science."

#$%^&!!! I thought I was DONE with the science fair FOREVER. Now not only will I have to waste my time doing one, I actually have to attempt to get it in on time so I can receive good grades for once. I'm cheating, there's no way I'm not cheating. I've got nothing to lose.

But, at least the same class gave me some lol homework: "Bring a sock." And I'm not crazy, I wasn't the only one that suggested taking their socks off in class.
Old September 15, 2013, 04:40:30 PM
Kyurem

I had Chemistry homework and Geometry's homework this weekend. I also have to study for a Spanish's test.
Old October 14, 2013, 11:49:12 AM
Administrator

These integrals are so annoying.

˝
˝ - y
24xy dx dy

For the most part, the challenge isn't solving them; it's building them.

Solving one of these without a calculator, however, is a pain.

x
e(
t
)
dt

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 15, 2013 at 03:29:22 PM.
Old October 14, 2013, 12:56:13 PM
Volcarona

Chapter Reading Homework (4 chapters) and a visual for my project on Video Game Designing
Old October 14, 2013, 01:30:41 PM
Servine

I gotta do a whole recount on how the titanic sinked laaaaame.
And maths, I was taking a day off school so I didn't get it.

Typin on a . kindle today so auto correct **** yeah! ( sarcasm )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard98 View Post
Chapter Reading Homework (4 chapters) and a visual for my project on Video Game Designing
Video game designing?! You so lucky! What school do you Go you go to?

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 14, 2013 at 01:41:40 PM.
Old October 15, 2013, 03:04:08 PM
Joltik

I have to read 1 chapter of this World History textbook.

One chapter, big deal, right? If I didn't read it in Morgan Freeman's voice and if the text wasn't fine print, then nah not at all. Unfortunately I have the attention span of a gold fish and the humming of my laptop keeps dragging me back here.
Old October 15, 2013, 03:36:02 PM
Servine

I have aspergers so it's even harder *sigh*

;(
Old December 16, 2013, 06:57:06 AM
Giratina

Okay, so for our AP Lit Christmas assignment we have to bring stuff for a PARTYYYYYY!!!!!! But with a catch, we have to write acrostic poems for people in the class, we pulled names out of a hat. Thankfully I got someone I knew, but not the person I rreeeeeaaaally wanted. Oh well, Merry Christmas.
Old December 16, 2013, 05:37:58 PM
Haxorus

The most difficult homework ever has to be Programming II and Applied Mechanics comes a close second.
Old December 24, 2013, 09:36:24 PM
Giratina

Well would you look at that! Turty's on vacation in North Carolina and he didn't even notice that his ScienceFairProject leveled up to Lvl 28. Now it evolved to LastMinuteProject! Unfortunately, that's an undesirable so I have to use a Fake Stone so it can evolve to a Fake-Em-UpProject! YEAH!

This is so going to suck.
Old December 26, 2013, 01:25:25 PM
Haxorus

I have to read Cellist of Sarajevo during break, but it's okay, I love reading. *shot*
Old January 9, 2014, 02:50:01 PM
Giratina

This week has been a crazy HSA-scheduled disaster. So now because today was the only day in the week that we had AP Lit our teacher thought it would be a FANTASTIC idea to drop a bomb of homework on us that should've been tests and classwork. One take home test, a long packet to annotate, one long poem to analyze, one project to do, all due by Wednesday because that might be the last time we have the class before the quarter ends next week.

And I still haven't done my science fair project. Time to go into maximum overdrive.
Old March 19, 2014, 07:35:15 PM
Giratina

I picked a WONDERFUL time to attempt getting over my senioritis. Yay, Reimann Sums and Integrals~! And in AP Comp Sci we're working with 2D Arrays and the various methods we can manipulate them with! About time I actually felt stimulated.
Old March 19, 2014, 08:55:29 PM
Keldeo

AP CS is my favorite test of all time. Have fun!

University Physics 1, on the other hand . . . urgh. How many times is it possible to restate exactly F = m*a?