Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 30, 2010, 09:28:53 AM
Administrator

Default MARIO KART WII TOURNAMENT TODAY - EVERYBODY PLEASE READ

Start you engines, it's time for the Victory Road Mario Kart Wii tournament!

AS A REMINDER, HERE ARE THE RULES
*No hacking or performing glitches to give an instant win.
*No snaking. Performing multiple powerslides along a single curve are allowed however.
*Any control scheme is allowed.
*Any character + kart/motorcycle combination is allowd EXCEPT Funky Kong on the Flame Runner.
*When selecting a course, choose the random button.
*If you progress onto the next round, you may change your character + kart/motorcycle if you wish to do so (again no FK on FR)

Here are the brackets. Everything is color-coded so it should be easy to understand. I mentioned in the sign-up thread to please their your Friend Code in their profile. For those who have, I have included their Friend Code next to their name to make it easier for you to find your opponent's code without having to dig up their profile (obviously if there isn't a FC next to a name your gonna have to go to their profile/PM them to get it). If your opponent doesn't show up within 15 minutes of the tournament started they are disqualified and you will have to move on without them.

BRACKETS WILL BE UPDATED ONCE I HAVE DATA FROM ALL THE RACES FROM EACH ROUND. PLEASE BE PATIENT IN BETWEEN ROUNDS. THE BRACKETS WILL ALWAYS BE FOUND HERE. KEEP AN EYE ON THE CHATBOX FOR A MESSAGE FROM ME STATING THE BRACKETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED.

For the first round, you will race with the other two people who are within the same colored box as you under your bracket. If you make it to the second round, you will be racing with the other two people in purple boxes under your bracket. For the final round everyone in the four red boxes will race together.

Once you see who you will be with for your race, PM/IM/post in profile/send a SOS message/etc to your opponents to see who will host the race. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE CHAT TO FIND YOUR OPPONENTS! The chat is for general discussion of the tournament and I will post any important information there such as when the brackets have been updated. For the first round, if your opponent doesn't show up within 15 minutes of the tournament start time then they will be disqualified.Once the race has ended the winner must post in THIS THREAD stating who won.

If you have any questions at all or call shenanigans (like someone wasn't following rules) then please PM me or post in this thread.

Don't drive safely!*

*For those of you who do actually drive, don't do that in reality. Games have a reset button, real life doesn't.

Last edited by Yoshi648; January 30, 2010 at 12:57:46 PM.
Old January 30, 2010, 09:34:21 AM
Cyndaquil

Nice.

Actually, just that there won't be any problems, the tournament starts in roughly 1 and a half hours, right?
Old January 30, 2010, 09:37:56 AM
Giratina

This is certainly a lot prettier, un-JPEG'd and less MS-Paint-y that the last couple of brackets. Now I've just got to wait for Madny's FC.
Old January 30, 2010, 09:38:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsojestMort View Post
Nice.

Actually, just that there won't be any problems, the tournament starts in roughly 1 and a half hours, right?

Yes

Last edited by Yoshi648; January 30, 2010 at 09:38:40 AM.
Old January 30, 2010, 10:49:31 AM
Pikachu

Already got my competitors added.
Lite, wow, it's on!