Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 24, 2012, 05:53:56 PM
Charizard

Default Return to My Pokemon Ranch: Transferring to the Wii U

I've recently gotten my hands on a Wii U, and with transferring everything from my Wii onto it, there are some games that give me a bit of concern; My Pokemon Ranch, for instance, being one of them.

If anyone has ever bothered to transfer their MPR Data onto the Wii U, please try and get me up to speed on the matter: How does System Transfer affect the game in its entirety? Losing the Miis is a given, but what about the Pokemon themselves? Will they be able to be transferred back and fourth between games with no problem?
Old December 24, 2012, 06:03:48 PM
Administrator

I highly suggest withdrawing all your Pokémon first. I know my own MPR data is non-transferrable unless I transfer a lot of them forward to BW2 first, as I've got about 800 from one game on there.

I don't know how System Transfer works, though. Sorry.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 24, 2012 at 06:04:21 PM.
Old December 25, 2012, 07:08:17 AM
Regigigas

As far as I know, System Transfer sends over your games, Miis, and save data stored on the Wii's harddrive. Anything on the SD Card, like save data or downloaded games, aren't sent over, but in the case of the games you can redeem them on the Wii U's Wii Menu shop. I never bought Ranch, so I don't know what would happen to the Pokemon themselves if they were sent over. Just to be on the safe side, I'd withdraw everything, transfer Ranch to the U, and then re-deposit them.
Old December 25, 2012, 07:36:31 AM
Charizard

Well, even so, the transfer went over already, and so far, everything seems intact. MPR can still keep contact with my Diamond cart, but the Miis have to be made again.

So yeah, sigh of relief for those curious about any adverse effects transfer does.