Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 4, 2012, 12:54:02 PM
Haxorus

Default Favourite Pokemon Move

I don't know if something like this was made before but just wondered what everyones Favourite in-game move was.

For me, it would be Energy Ball, epicness.
Old December 4, 2012, 12:59:22 PM
Celebi

Probably Flare Blitz or Dark Pulse
Old December 4, 2012, 03:16:50 PM
Giratina

Hyper Voice as used by Hydregion. It's Hydregion's way of saying "I'm not playing around."
Old December 4, 2012, 04:14:51 PM
Giratina

This'll be a hard choice, so I'll split it between my favorite types.

Grass- Spore. Just one click and POOF. Instant sleep. Nothing has aided me catch legendaries in 4th Gen's postgame more.

Fire- Fire Punch. Ever since I've had my Hihidaruma, I've always been infatuated with Fire Punch and its raw power. For 75 power.

Normal- Weather Ball. This reminds me of my favorite normal type, Castform, and how I've always wanted to make it an evolution with a sandstorm forme.

There's also Earthquake as a runner up, which is simply perfect with 100 accuracy and attack with no drawbacks other than Flying/Levitate. Choosing is hard.
Old December 4, 2012, 04:39:27 PM
Linoone

Lava Plume.

Why? Well, I just like everything it is for some reason, really. Especially if it's used by a Pokémon like Magmortar, or Camerupt- shooting out harsh lava at the opponent, leaving the battlefield really scarred from that point on... it's just a really cool mental image, man.

And how it acts in-game is damn useful as well. In double battles it hits everyone and can trigger flash fire, and it has a massive chance to burn- burn being one of my favorite status moves.

No one really runs the move and I understand why as it's base power isn't great at all, but I did, and made many people reconsider how they viewed it- against physical attackers and walls, its a move that isn't to be underestimated.
Old December 4, 2012, 05:46:09 PM

Psyshock is my favorite move. The animation of the move is sooo cool. :3 It also attacks the opponent's defense instead of special defense, so I've always found that interesting.
Old December 4, 2012, 06:08:04 PM
Volcarona

Aeroblast~ Biased? Perhaps. But it's an amazing move that went under a rather... interesting transformation after Generation II. It went from a Hyper Beam-like wind-based energy beam attack, as seen in the Pokemon 2000 movie as well, to an intense blast of swirling wind. It still packs a nasty punch though so it's a true force to be reckoned with! Until Gen V anyhow, it had an increased Critical Hit ratio, so it was more menacing than Air Slash I believe. And dat animation~

Favorite non-Signature move is probably Dragon Pulse. Just a generic special Dragon-type move but it is VERY dangerous when used by Special Attacking Dragons like Hydreigon. Beware.
Old December 4, 2012, 07:15:24 PM
Administrator

Splash
Old December 4, 2012, 08:07:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Splash
Struggle.
Old December 5, 2012, 05:06:59 AM
Kyurem

Flame Wheel. It's not the most powerful or most useful, but it's freaking awesome and that's all that matters.
Old December 5, 2012, 09:41:45 AM

This is tough for me to answer since I like so many different moves, but I have to say that my favorite pokemon move is a tie between Ice Beam and Psychic. I like Ice Beam because of..well it should be obvious, it's the signature ice type move and has great power plus the chance to freeze. I also like Psychic because it's powerful and has the chance to get even more deadly if there is a special defense drop.

(Honorable mention to Surf. It's strong and always has interesting/nostalgic animations.)

Last edited by Cyrus; December 5, 2012 at 09:42:49 AM.
Old December 5, 2012, 11:19:51 AM
Celebi

Shadow Ball has always been one my all time favourites, but I like Fire Blast and Surf as well.
Old December 5, 2012, 03:30:23 PM
Linoone

My favorite move would have to be Aura Sphere. It's a Special Attacking Fighting move that is powerful and NEVER misses! Nothing could beat that.
Old December 5, 2012, 06:40:04 PM
Giratina

Oh, speaking of animations, I almost forgot about my favorite move to use in 4th Gen, EXTRASENSORY. I would always have my Noctowl use it (I think it was my Noctowl...) be cause I loved the way it warped the sprite and then that AMAZING sound at the end of the attack. It gave me the CHILLS. I don't think they did the sound right in 5th Gen, and it feels weird when it goes that fast.
Old December 6, 2012, 04:04:38 AM
Kyurem

Everything that changes the background in B2W2 has my vote. You never notice how improved the scenes are until that happens. Sometimes, even just changing art assets and allowing surface animation does a lot, doesn't it?
Old December 6, 2012, 07:33:27 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Oh, speaking of animations, I almost forgot about my favorite move to use in 4th Gen, EXTRASENSORY. I would always have my Noctowl use it (I think it was my Noctowl...) be cause I loved the way it warped the sprite and then that AMAZING sound at the end of the attack. It gave me the CHILLS. I don't think they did the sound right in 5th Gen, and it feels weird when it goes that fast.
Omg, my Noctowl had that move too, in my HeartGold version!
Old March 7, 2013, 04:29:16 AM
Cyndaquil

I agree with Yoshi648, I would have to go with Splash, or even Hidden Power.
Old March 7, 2013, 05:04:15 AM
Regigigas

Tri-attack is one of my favourite moves. But I also like extreme speed because its like quick attack but really powerful
Old March 16, 2013, 09:14:21 AM
Charizard

Hidden Power is my favourite move.
In Gen 2, I always thought it was such a mysterious move- what does it do exactly? Why is sometimes super effective against one Pokemon on this Unknown, but not on the other? WHY?

Then when I learned how IV's worked, it became such a valuable asset to all Pokemon- being able to have a move of a type they wouldn't normally get.
Old March 16, 2013, 09:59:21 AM
Volcarona

I think my favourite move has to be Blaze Kick. I grew up with Blaziken, so I ended up admiring the attack as it was a trademark move for my Pokémon. I also enjoy Shadow Claw, Flamethrower, Dig, and a few others I can't seem to remember... I might edit this post when I do.
Old March 20, 2013, 04:55:47 PM
Mudkip

I always used brine on my Empoleon. I guess that could be favorite move. Brave Bird is another one of my favorite moves.

I always thought that blast burn has the coolest animation.

Last edited by BattleStar; March 20, 2013 at 04:56:12 PM.
Old April 25, 2013, 09:00:40 PM
Regigigas

Hidden Power/Dark Pulse on Battle Revolution. Poopoo game, but those moves looked cool. Thunder, too.

Last edited by Sub-zero; April 25, 2013 at 09:00:51 PM.
Old April 29, 2013, 08:13:00 PM
Shaymin

Definitely Thunder after someone uses Rain Dance. That accuracy.
Old April 30, 2013, 10:07:20 AM
Zoroark

Physic (I wonder why?). I also like Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Inferno.
Old May 25, 2013, 07:46:51 AM
Pikachu

I love Horn Leech on my Sawsbuck. It heals Life Orb recoil, and damage, too, which comes in handy a lot.
Old May 25, 2013, 08:34:15 AM
Rayquaza

Question

Flamethrower, I'm a pyromaniac.
Old March 9, 2014, 08:49:32 PM
Mudkip

I love Stone Edge and Swords dance. They both have always been very smooth and quick. I just am fascinated.
Old March 9, 2014, 09:09:22 PM
Keldeo

Long time ago, I was obsessed with moves like Dragon Dance and Bulk Up that raised your stats, because I feel so much safer in battles if I can put myself in a position to sweep. Or at least take out a number of enemy Pokémon before going down.

Then it started getting really, really annoying when people did the same thing to me, and I needed a way to stop them. Hence my discovery that moves like Whirlwind and Roar are competitively viable.

A little while after that I remembered that entry hazards exist, and work wonders when used in conjunction with Skarmory and Whirlwind. I've won battles (and probably lost friends) on shuffling things over hazards almost alone, so I think my current favorite move has to be SR (not Spikes because a few annoying things are immune to it).

Yes, I am a troll.
Darn it, now I want to build a real X and Y team so I can do this to people again.
Old March 9, 2014, 09:13:57 PM

Metronome, for sure.
Old March 10, 2014, 09:17:51 AM
Volcarona

Aeroblast... the gen II animation for it is incredibly awesome.
Old March 10, 2014, 12:02:21 PM
Floatzel

I've always liked Shadow Ball, but I think Shadow Sky from XD gets my vote, if applicable. It was like Hail in function, but only hurt non-shadow pokémon. Very few used it, and this one guy had a Castform and a Shadow Sky user on the same team (I think it was a Lunatone). It didn't change forme, but it did make Weather Ball a shadow move (and thus super-effective on all non-shadow pokémon) if I remember correctly. Plus, the animation was so awesome! The sky would darken with the shadow-aura animation, and small glowing balls of darkness fell from the sky. It was beautiful.

If Shadow Sky doesn't count, then Geomancy due to its animation being so colorful~ For a non-signature, good ol' Shadow Ball.