Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 7, 2010, 07:12:05 PM
Regigigas

Default An Adult-Oriented Pokémon Game?

Whether or not you agree that Pokémon should be mainly played by kids, Nintendo has definitely marketed the series toward the young. While this trend is unlikely to be discontinued, it would be interesting to consider what would happen if Game Freak created an adult-oriented entry to the series, even if it was just a spin-off.

...and no, I don't mean adult-oriented in that way. I'm talking about a game with more themes that aren't so much inappropriate for kids as much as they would likely be too complicated or mature for kids to understand. For instance, the series often shies away from depictions of severe injury and death, especially blood. In doing so, it misses out on themes such as mortality that enrich other works. That, and Pokémon takes place in a very cheery universe, one without the problems of war, starvation, and other things that are a part of our reality. Finally, and again straying from the sexual angle, Pokémon as a series doesn't do much to develop relationships between characters, aside from the obvious classification of "rival" or "professor," with (in my opinion) Cyrus from Gen IV being a very interesting exception. Perhaps the series could benefit from better characterization.

Would you like to see a more mature Pokémon game? And if so, what would you like to see in it?
Old January 7, 2010, 07:19:10 PM
Administrator

I agree with you 100%. I'd like to see a Pokémon game take the stance of a war (see: intro to Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) or perhaps be a complete actual fighting game. Now, by fighting, I don't mean turn-based (we've seen that plenty in the main-series). I don't mean like Rumble either (well, it's close, but not quite). I know that a recent game by Enterbrain titled Type-Wild exists, similar to the style I'm thinking. But even that isn't quite what I want.

I would like to see the games really take a different turn, something unique and not quite like those that aleady exist. Forget the cheery professors, gym leaders, "evil" organization, rivals, and all that. Even Silver doesn't come close to the kind of people that I'm thinking. Maybe it could take a Castlevania turn, being more dark and mysterious, or maybe closer to Final Fantasy. Heck, why not go all out and do something like Halo, just not using guns, but instead using Pokémon?

Hey, it could work!
Old January 7, 2010, 07:32:52 PM
Administrator

Indeed, I would love to see a more "mature" Pokémon game. A war-type scenario like Cat mentioned could work. I was actually thinking something among more of the lines of having to bring down some sort of evil organization, but not like those you normally see in the games. In the usual games they try to awaken a legendary Pokémon while stealing a few others in the process and running a Game Corner. How are they taken down? By battling their easy to KO Pokémon. Once you battle someone they are basically done with evil. They aren't much an an evil organization if all they can do that is "evil" is battle to a young trainer (that they lose to) with very basic Pokémon. Now, if we had to battle a new organization (or heck, maybe even some sort of Pokémon mafia) that actually did more "evil" things then that would be more interesting. If the organization was doing things like setting fire to Pokémon Centers, actually killing Pokémon (they already mentioned death of Pokémon within the games thanks to the Pokémon Towers), actually holding up people at gun-point (they already used a gun once in the anime so we know they have them) to steal their Pokémon, etc. THAT would definitely make the Pokémon universe seem more mature. I'd imagine the game would play like Colosseum and XD in a 3D environment.

Last edited by Yoshi648; January 7, 2010 at 07:37:06 PM.
Old January 8, 2010, 01:25:09 AM
Zoroark

When Colloseum was first announced waaaaaaaay back in a Nintendo Power in Japanese, the interpretation was that you would play as a criminal using the shadow Pokemon for evil purposes but moving towards doing good.

The plot took a big change however and was made to be much more typical of your usual Pokemon games (all except that we know you reformed but aren't entirely sure why even with the cope-out excuse that you had a change of heart).

I would have been happy if the concept of shadow Pokemon was experimented with better and that there was a bit of a serious undertone to the story. You aren't out to make friends. You're stealing Pokemon from the best of them and have to possibly avoid being captured (perhaps no real chase scenes but incorporate it into cut-scenes and things of that nature).

That's what I prefer for a "dark" story in Pokemon.

I'm okay without Pokemon getting killed and other adult concepts like that (though it's okay if they use it for story elements). If Colloseum was what it was thought to be at first, I would have been satisfied.
Old January 8, 2010, 01:37:49 AM
Giratina

I agree with all of you as well. I would love to see a more 'mature' Pokémon game directed at adults instead of kids. I don't exactly know how this can be done, but I mostly agree with Yoshi648's opinion:
[Sentences in bold are the things I most agree with]

Spoiler Alert:    
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
A war-type scenario like Cat mentioned could work. I was actually thinking something among more of the lines of having to bring down some sort of evil organization, but not like those you normally see in the games. In the usual games they try to awaken a legendary Pokémon while stealing a few others in the process and running a Game Corner. How are they taken down? By battling their easy to KO Pokémon. Once you battle someone they are basically done with evil. They aren't much an an evil organization if all they can do that is "evil" is battle to a young trainer (that they lose to) with very basic Pokémon. Now, if we had to battle a new organization (or heck, maybe even some sort of Pokémon mafia) that actually did more "evil" things then that would be more interesting. If the organization was doing things like setting fire to Pokémon Centers, actually killing Pokémon (they already mentioned death of Pokémon within the games thanks to the Pokémon Towers), actually holding up people at gun-point (they already used a gun once in the anime so we know they have them) to steal their Pokémon, etc. THAT would definitely make the Pokémon universe seem more mature.

Last edited by Shadow; January 9, 2010 at 02:13:43 AM.
Old January 8, 2010, 03:18:02 AM
Rayquaza

I guess I would like a more mature pokemon game, the closest thing we have to it now is the hack-game pokemon brown.
Old January 8, 2010, 04:39:44 AM
Charizard

I agree, I wouldn't mind if the threat level in Pokemon games were upped a little, but on the other hand, if it were to turn into nothing but meaningless, gratuitous violence and smut with no story, the principles of Pokemon would be lost....also, as noted, Pokemon were said to have been killed (by Team Rocket) in Red/Blue/Yellow, so yes, it has been done (so it could be done again)...adding to the ideas mentioned above, perhaps we'd see the buying and selling of Pokemon on the black market (like in the anime)....and the darker the villian, the greater the hero...

that being said, I loved XD: Gale of Darkness its story....

Last edited by RageOfInnocence; January 8, 2010 at 05:16:46 AM.
Old January 8, 2010, 12:14:54 PM
Regigigas

One of the things that Platinum did well was add additional depth to the story elements already present in most of the other main series games. My favorite part of it was Team Galactic. In earlier Pokémon games, there was Team Rocket, a group that stole Pokémon- an evil act, sure, but one with no purpose beyond simple theft. Team Aqua and Team Magma wanted to adjust the sea level, an extremely bizarre goal that not even their leaders could vocalize in a believable way. What they did with Team Galactic was more interesting, because the entire organization was based on misinformation and deception. Cyrus was using strong rhetoric and lies to motivate the grunts, who had no idea what they were fighting for or why they were fighting for it. In doing that, Game Freak was able to comment on blind extremism and what it means to be devoted to a cause.

That said, Game Freak can do even better than this. Even if the villains of the next generation are just another 'team,' I'm confident that if written well enough, even this can make a mature and adult storyline possible.
Old January 8, 2010, 01:04:45 PM
Kyurem

I think that a darker pokemon game would be really interesting. All of the cities in the Pokemon games are filled with happy people who live with their families and lovable pokemon, and are generous enough to spew useful advice and give away HMs and items. It would be cool if in this hypothetical pokemon game people would be more... human.

For instance, if you were just to walk into somebody's house at 10 'o clock at night they might ask why you just walked into your house, and perhaps even challenge you to a pokemon battle. There could be characters that are poor and generally hostile, or those that are rich and conceited. I was tempted to suggest that depending on what choice you make in the game, the story is a bit differenrt (i.e. if you act pompous the upper class would like you more and give you items, or vice verca), but that kind of changes what the main pokemon games have been for so long, but who knows? It could work.
Old January 8, 2010, 03:28:49 PM
Joltik

That would be cool to have a more mature game. As mentioned, perhaps a small change in storyline and NPC behavior depending on your behavior would be pretty cool. Also, the idea of more "human" NPCs adds a nice touch of realism (Alakazamaster is definately on to something).

Also, some mentions of the darker things in life such as deaths and wars would be another nice touch of realism. One more thing, Halo styled Pokemon game? That's both a funny and cool idea, Cat. XD I'm so used to the traditional game style that using Water Gun in a gun style makes me chuckle!
Old January 8, 2010, 04:51:43 PM
Regigigas

I would. Not violent like as in Left 4 Dead, but like Halo 3. Maybe a tiny bit of blood, but blood does not make a game good.

And did anyone notice in the first movie Ash punches Mewtwo? I was all like "Yea pwn dat boi" lol.

I like playing Halo a lot lately, so what if it had pokemon? Not guns, but similiar, like a fps withought guns but still in first person view. Of course, 3rd would be better too, as you dont have to have a radar to see behind yourself.

As for the sexuality...no. It just plain dosen't fit. But yeah, a little more violence would do the trick, like as in The Conduit withought guns, or Zelda TP, which was also the first Teen rated Zelda game, but it still kept it's child-marketing technique.

If there would be controversy, no, that would RUIN the AAPA and everything Game Freak worked for. Too risky.
Old January 8, 2010, 08:57:11 PM
Shaymin

So, a more of a dark, mature, somewhat violent Pokemon game with a sort of evil tone to it? Yeah, most definitely up for that. What I especially want to see is humans fighting each other in a Pokemon game, not like, a Pokemon battle, but real fighting.
Old January 9, 2010, 02:02:39 AM
Rayquaza

I want death, blood and some adults in Pokemon. Seriously, aren't we all fed up from the same childish routine of Pokemon?

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; January 9, 2010 at 02:11:51 AM.
Old January 9, 2010, 08:51:28 PM
Volcarona

Agreed. But then, who hasn't?
Old January 9, 2010, 10:05:20 PM
Zoroark

IMO, if this happened, I'd prefer these over the proper ones. (You're Charmander used Ember! Foe Pidgey died!)
Old January 10, 2010, 10:09:41 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post

If there would be controversy, no, that would RUIN the AAPA and everything Game Freak worked for. Too risky.

I agree with this....video games have always had a bad reputation being too violent and graphic, and only getting worse. If Pokemon were to turn into just another such game, violence for violence's sake, then yes, everything those of us who have worked for years trying to show parents, etc. that Pokemon was unique and nothing like these stereotypes will have been for nothing.
Old January 10, 2010, 10:16:12 AM
Administrator

Maybe just an increase in the depiction of the violence? Maybe not show blood, put at least show more physical interaction in the games.
Old January 10, 2010, 10:43:40 AM
Shaymin

Well, Kim and Ash make a good point here, so let me try to understand both sides of the situation.

In one case, having a Pokemon game with darker undertones (i.e. wars, crimes that don't include petty theft, and fighting and mild/moderate violence) will appeal to a larger amount of people. It'll certainly be a more interesting storyline than the simple "Pure of heart Pokemon Trainer beats the villians with friendship and love" (and I'm not saying that story doesn't work, on the contrary, Game Freak still finds ways to make it work) and it'll be a nice change of pace. It may even attract more gamers to the fanbase and get more people playing Pokemon.

On the other hand, a violent Pokemon game would ruin the image Nintendo has tried to uphold for so long. Nintendo is supposed to make good games that appeal to a wide range of people, by literally putting the gamer in the spotlight. However, a violent Nintendo game would be incredibly controversial, as the family image the company has managed to display would be cut down by something that is extremely out of the ordinary. Plus, it would just be the same crap that you see on other consoles: Violent, "mature", bloody video games that end up being the same generic BS. Nintendo would become generic and bland.

There are many ways to view an adult-oriented Pokemon game. For the better or for the worse is the question. To be fair, I wouldn't mind having it be a mildly mature game, with the darker layer of a story that would certainly be more indepth than previous games. But, I definitely don't want to see Pokemon become the same generic spew that every "hardcore" gamer seems to love these days.
Old January 10, 2010, 12:40:30 PM
Regigigas

Pokémon could probably make itself more mature without violence if it only used realistic characters. Currently, almost every NPC in the game is cheery and carefree, without any significant problems. The number of characters in each game that have problems or need some kind of help can be counted on one hand. Depression and anxiety are very real problems in our world that could be portrayed without the use of violence. By tackling these problems, Game Freak could avert the risk of become so violent as to alienate fans of the series or make it lose its nonviolent appeal.

As the main series games' technology becomes better and better, I think depth and maturity will come naturally to the series: it's a trend already visible in the fourth generation.
Old January 10, 2010, 03:50:02 PM
Giratina

If you mean like blowing a level one pikachu's brain to bits with my level 90 alakazam, then I'm with you all the way. You see, the original Pokemon were marketed to kids that were US, who are now grown. I want to continue with my pokemon without looking like a momma's boy.

Also: Thread was TL; DR
Old January 10, 2010, 04:06:31 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
If you mean like blowing a level one pikachu's brain to bits with my level 90 alakazam, then I'm with you all the way. You see, the original Pokemon were marketed to kids that were US, who are now grown. I want to continue with my pokemon without looking like a momma's boy.

Also: Thread was TL; DR
Although I do like the Alakazam reference, I think this is a bit excessive. Having a bit more actual violence in this hypothetical game would be nice, but going overboard would make it just seem unappealing, imo.
Old January 10, 2010, 04:08:19 PM
Giratina

But it does make sense that Alakazam could do that, right?
Old January 10, 2010, 04:20:13 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
But it does make sense that Alakazam could do that, right?
But of course! It would be hilarious to see all the pokemon do what they really could, haha.
Old January 10, 2010, 10:13:43 PM
Charizard

After being burnt, frozen, electrocuted, cut, blasted, etc. don't you think a Pokemon would die?
Old January 11, 2010, 02:33:47 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
I wouldn't mind having it be a mildly mature game, with the darker layer of a story that would certainly be more indepth than previous games. But, I definitely don't want to see Pokemon become the same generic spew that every "hardcore" gamer seems to love these days.
This opinion makes the most sense to me till now.
Well said, Lite. I totally agree with what you said.
Old January 11, 2010, 04:24:54 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Well, Kim and Ash make a good point here, so let me try to understand both sides of the situation.

In one case, having a Pokemon game with darker undertones (i.e. wars, crimes that don't include petty theft, and fighting and mild/moderate violence) will appeal to a larger amount of people. It'll certainly be a more interesting storyline than the simple "Pure of heart Pokemon Trainer beats the villians with friendship and love" (and I'm not saying that story doesn't work, on the contrary, Game Freak still finds ways to make it work) and it'll be a nice change of pace. It may even attract more gamers to the fanbase and get more people playing Pokemon.

On the other hand, a violent Pokemon game would ruin the image Nintendo has tried to uphold for so long. Nintendo is supposed to make good games that appeal to a wide range of people, by literally putting the gamer in the spotlight. However, a violent Nintendo game would be incredibly controversial, as the family image the company has managed to display would be cut down by something that is extremely out of the ordinary. Plus, it would just be the same crap that you see on other consoles: Violent, "mature", bloody video games that end up being the same generic BS. Nintendo would become generic and bland.

There are many ways to view an adult-oriented Pokemon game. For the better or for the worse is the question. To be fair, I wouldn't mind having it be a mildly mature game, with the darker layer of a story that would certainly be more indepth than previous games. But, I definitely don't want to see Pokemon become the same generic spew that every "hardcore" gamer seems to love these days.
Well put, LiteTheIronMan....like I said, I have no problem with a darker theme, but I too draw the line at blowing a Pokemon's brains out - that's not being "mature"...it's just garbage.

Last edited by RageOfInnocence; January 11, 2010 at 04:26:37 AM.
Old January 11, 2010, 12:21:04 PM
Volcarona

See what I'm looking for is a Pokemon fighting game.(kinda like a Mortal Kombat game.)

Here's what I imagine

Kinda like a Mortal Kombat game.

Ouch!

Anyway, you wouldn't just play as Pikachu. You would play as all 493 pokemon! (no unlocking) I can see people love to play as Blaziken. Lol. And, with multiplayer.
Old January 11, 2010, 01:11:38 PM
Servine

Thumbs up

I think were all just looking for a better sense of realism in the pokemon games. seeing a rattata get a bite bite right in the face by a torterra wont make it flinch; that thing will be done. And not fainted done. But if we have more dark story lines and pokemon dieing, that would go against a big moral of pokemon's; that pokemon feint, not die. If i saw my beloved charmander die before my eyes after getting demolished with a hydro cannon, i would break down. But i dont know, that could be just me.
regardless, i like the idea of a more mature take on a pokemon game.
Old January 13, 2010, 12:49:56 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfyre View Post
After being burnt, frozen, electrocuted, cut, blasted, etc. don't you think a Pokemon would die?
That's exactly what I've been thinking.
Old January 13, 2010, 07:35:52 PM
Shaymin

Take into account that even for low level Pokemon, they still have supernatural endurance and abilities. What would kill a normal animal or human in effectively one blow might hardly scratch or dent a Pokemon.
Old January 14, 2010, 03:03:09 PM
Floatzel

Satoshi Tajiri said why there isn't dying in Pokemon. He said he dislikes when a child says "I'm dying!" while playing a game, because "Death should be treated with more respect." I personally think a more evil organization or gang and some more character depth would be good (maybe a little blood too), but thats it.
Old January 15, 2010, 04:14:06 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Satoshi Tajiri said why there isn't dying in Pokemon. He said he dislikes when a child says "I'm dying!" while playing a game, because "Death should be treated with more respect."
couldn't have said it better myself!
Old January 15, 2010, 02:57:57 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOfInnocence View Post
couldn't have said it better myself!
Yet, I still have to catch myself whenever I say "I killed suchandsuchPokemon in a battle." Unfortunately, most people still have that reflex.

Well, if Satoshi said he doesn't want death, no death in Pokemon games.
Old January 17, 2010, 11:10:44 AM
Giratina

Well, if satoshi doesn't want death, he needs to get out there more and actually talk to the kids who are playing these games.

Really, there are elementary school kids playing Modern Warfare 2. I don't think that a little GBA (Or is it DS now with you whippersnappers?) game is going to teach them respect for death.

And we're talking about games directed to adults, not children. Everythings different when it comes to adults since they (hopefully <.<) know how to conduct themselves.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; January 17, 2010 at 11:11:27 AM.
Old January 17, 2010, 11:33:32 AM
Pikachu

Mature Pokemon Game...

Ooh... hahaha... ^^; you got me stuck there..
Well, honestly I do want to see a Mature-Pokemon game...
although it might require SOME thinking into it, you know what im saying? ^^;

I do want to say though, 'War Based' is eh... bit too cliched...

I am really stuck... ^^;;
Old January 17, 2010, 11:03:21 PM
Volcarona

A pokemon fighting game would kinda linger from the main goal of pokemon. I Say that Gen 3 and Gen 4 have matured even to that of much older players. The one immature thing about pokemon is the anime.
Old January 23, 2010, 01:22:33 PM
Charizard

Blood with a bit of gore
pokeprostitute for pokemon breeding
O.o that wrong
Old January 23, 2010, 01:57:29 PM
Pikachu

@Manny

Yea... that.. now that... is what the world's like right now...
Old January 30, 2010, 05:53:42 AM
Kyurem

I would outright love to see a T-rated game that contains the occasional innuendo, ability to switch into a swim suit and go into a hot tub, be a little flirty, and that sorta thing. However, I frankly wouldn't care for violence, because, well, it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't want the blood, gore, and all that.

Just the same, I also want to see the evil teams, uh... what's the word? Evil. In the anime, Team Rocket did some pretty torturous things to Ash in the first season; remember his gym battle with Jesse and James? Still, not the halo kind of thing.

Additionally, the occasional expletive wouldn't be the worst thing either. A few da**s and he**s would be a little more realistic frankly.
Old February 15, 2010, 05:36:20 PM
Regigigas

Go rent Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers for the wii and you will know what I mean. At that exact level.
Old February 19, 2010, 09:09:19 AM
Haxorus

The darkest turn I've ever seen in Pokémon was the burning of the Tin Towers and reincarnation of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. I'd like to see what Freezewarp would.

This old BiTF comic sums up this thread well:

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/?p=212

Last edited by emperorempoleon2; February 19, 2010 at 09:15:12 AM.
Old February 26, 2010, 06:46:51 PM
Servine

i think the idea of a more "mature" pokemon game would be great, but they would probably need to take it a step at a time like actually showing the pokemon looking tired while battling. or even having you fight pokemon before you get a starter kinda like the safari zone bait,rocks,poke ball,
Old March 3, 2010, 01:53:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiyokou View Post
...they would probably need to take it a step at a time like actually showing the pokemon looking tired while battling.
I rather like this idea.

I was also thinking, while blood and such are probably not the best to use, but they should make the games more physical. Pokémon Rumble did this quite nicely. PokéPark Wii looks like it may also do this, as well.
Old March 3, 2010, 01:59:35 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I rather like this idea.

I was also thinking, while blood and such are probably not the best to use, but they should make the games more physical. Pokémon Rumble did this quite nicely. PokéPark Wii looks like it may also do this, as well.
Yeah, the 3D battling games for consoles (such as the Stadium series) are particularly disappointing in this regard; the Pokémon animate very independently from one another, especially with moves like Tackle and Take Down. It would be very nice to see the sprites/models actually make contact in attacks.
Old March 3, 2010, 08:25:57 PM
Shaymin

You reminded me of an aesthetic in DPP that I found really cool. Depending on whether or not your Pokemon is injured or status inflicted before being sent out into battle, their cry will sound different. A healthy Pokemon has a normal cry, but an injured/handicapped one has a lower pitched, slower, tired cry.
Old March 4, 2010, 01:31:04 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
You reminded me of an aesthetic in DPP that I found really cool. Depending on whether or not your Pokemon is injured or status inflicted before being sent out into battle, their cry will sound different. A healthy Pokemon has a normal cry, but an injured/handicapped one has a lower pitched, slower, tired cry.
Really? I never even noticed that feature.

That's a nice, subtle addition in any case. Definitely in the right direction in my opinion.
Old March 8, 2010, 09:46:38 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
I would outright love to see a T-rated game that contains the occasional innuendo...
Eh? What games are you playing?
3rd and 4th gen has the occasional innuendo.
Heck, even R/B/Y had the old man staring at the girls in Erika's Gym!

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; March 8, 2010 at 09:46:56 AM.
Old March 8, 2010, 11:43:40 AM
Charizard

Red Blue Green Yellow Gold... bah! all the versions with the Kanto Region had a pokemon graveyard. A message of pokemons died sometime
Old April 17, 2010, 06:24:52 PM
Servine

That'd be nice to play instead!
Old April 17, 2010, 08:00:19 PM
Mudkip

I don't see why this is so farfetch'd. Well, actually, I can. There are two ways to look at it...

A - all of Pokemons original fans are growing up. A lot of ages I see here are very much in the mid to upper teens. Most all, I'd bet, fell in love with Pokemon at a much earlier age, the age where Pokemon was marketed towards. Eventually, there will be enough of an audience that has grown up who may still hold an interest. Clearly, most people do. Those that don't may have lost it do to the fact that it's too much of a kiddie game for their tastes. Why would any legitimate business avoid a potential source of income, especially when the age group in question now has the money that they didn't have when they were younger?

B - Soccer mom's of the world will shun Nintendo as the devil and see their marketing of one game parallel to everything else they make, and they would never want to risk it. Unfortunately, this seems more likely. Plus it's probably difficult to uproot Pokemon from what it is, and change it to something it was never designed to be.
Old April 18, 2010, 12:20:48 AM
Cyndaquil

Well, although im all for the more mature pokemon, I was gonna go for a practical approach, such as saying where you can actually interect with your pokemon during and out of battle, like out fo battle you can play with them or teach them, with the same prinicipal as nintendogs. In fighting it could be just like KH 365 days, where you control with the XYBA buttons. Its not a great improvement but its a step up.
Old April 18, 2010, 04:24:46 AM
Mudkip

I really wish they'd make a Stadium alternative like that, with free motion controls rather then both sides sitting around waiting for the other. Every Pokemon game since .. ever has been turn-based. I wonder why they haven't experimented with free motion yet. My guess would be that since not all Pokemon are the same body type (bipedal, quadruped, flying, fish, hovering types), it would be difficult to find a way to universally control them all. But I think they could dumb it down to similar categories. But that would require a lot of effort and programming, something I don't think they're really into over there lately..
Old April 18, 2010, 08:04:47 PM
Shaymin

There'd be a real reason for the graveyard I guess now.
Old April 19, 2010, 04:22:55 AM
Haxorus

I don't think they should make an adult Pokemon game. The series would loose a lot of popularity points.