Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old August 9, 2010, 04:30:26 AM
Rayquaza

Default More and more information leaked!

-A new image was leaked about anew Pokémon. It doesn't seem to be from CoroCoro, so the image is still unconfirmed. A Pokémon has been shown, named Wakoishi. I couldn't get the image, so if anyone can get it, it would help. Regarding this Pokémon, no more information was revealed, apart from its name.

- It is also confirmed that different wild Pokémon will appear in different seasons.

- Sturdy ability has changed. Before, only OHKO moves were negated against this ability. However, in B/W, any move can't OHKO the user of this ability.

- Victini is found in the basement of the lighthouse, and if by accident you knocked it out, it will appear again.

- This is Victini's Dex entry: "It makes limitless energy inside its body. It releases this energy on any Pokemon who touches it." The player will meet Victini on Liberty Garden Island while investigating an incident there.

- Pokemon found in the Dream World will sometimes have different abilities, such as Vaporeon with Hydration.

- Berries are now only available in the Dream World

- The PokeShifter is only available after defeating the Elite Four, further reinforcing the previous blog post by Jun`ichi Masuda that there will be only Generation V Pokemon prior to obtaining the National Dex.

- The Pokemon Black and White game cases will come in boxes which feature Reshiram and Zekrom`s tails illuminated, as well as a Black (or White, depending on which version is bought) edging pattern over the standard box colour.

-The special abilities (not for your Pokemon, but for the player) obtained through completing High-Link missions is called "Deru Power". It can have affects such as doubling experience points gained by a Pokemon, or halving PokeMart costs, etc., and it is obtained from the Entrance Tree in the High-Link Area.

- Using the Global Link, one may download new Pokemon Musical songs, as well as covers for the C-Gear.

- Pokemon Musicals take place in the Musical Hall, with the Goods Case storing items such as accessories and costumes for the Pokemon to wear. Additionally, fans from the audience may give the player gifts once the show ends.

- In Karakusa Town, Team Plasma will be firstly shown giving a speech about how to free Pokémon from humans. Notice that this is the same ambition of the antagonist 'N'.

- There will be backgrounds that can be downloaded and allow you to customize your Pokédex using Global Link.

- Through the High Link, you can trade items and berries.

- It is confirmed now that the Battle Subway has the same exact features as the Battle Tower.

- It has been confirmed that there are 8 Gyms in Isshu to be challenged.

- The first two Gyms, Dento`s in Sanyou City, and Aloe`s in Shippou City, require the player answer questions rather than battle other trainers in order to battle the Gym Leader. One such question asked by Dento involves type compatibility, whereas a question asked by Aloe is "What is something delicious which is warmed in a pan, that you eat?".

- Shippou City contains a museum which is presumably part of the Gym. It is also is a very traditional city, having railroad tracks being 100 years old.

- Makomo, Prof. Araragi`s friend, lives in Sanyou City.

- TMs will no longer expire after being used, in the same way as HMs.

- In dark green grass, Double Wild Pokemon battles can take place (as previously seen in a trailer with the female protagonist encountering two Miruhoggu at once).

- It is also confirmed that Isshu region will have only 8 gym badges.

Sources: www.serebii.net & www.pokebeach.com

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; August 10, 2010 at 01:11:40 AM. Reason: Added more information.
Old August 9, 2010, 04:35:57 AM
Giratina

It's obviously fake. The two health bars aren't parallel. And I'm glad to see legendaries re-appearing!
Old August 9, 2010, 05:18:57 AM
Regigigas

If Sturdy`s been changed like that, then I`d say Foretress`d be getting a lot more use, as well as Skarmory, Aggron, and others for guaranteed Stealth Rock damage, and in Skarmory and Foretress` case, Spikes, as well.

Victini is getting more and more interesting to me. It obviously seems Generation V`s Legendaries (or at least, the ones revealed thus far) will focus on energy, along with Yin and Yang, in Zekrom and Reshiram`s case.
Old August 9, 2010, 08:23:56 AM
Rayquaza

More information are added.
Old August 9, 2010, 09:26:00 AM
Volcarona

So the ability "Sturdy" is basically a free Focus Sash. Sweet. Now if only the ability Run Away acted like a free Shed Shell, or Illuminate lowered the foe's accuracy, or Pick Up allowed a pokemon to always have ammunition for Fling and Natural Gift.

It's great to see that items can be traded without having to trade a pokemon. That's going to simplify things so much.

As for pokemon appearing at different times of the year... I don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand, it would make the game much more interesting to play over the course of time. On the other hand, you would have to wait to get certain pokemon--or maybe it means the ratios of that pokemon increase and decrease. For example, Ursaring would show up frequently during spring and summer, but during winter it would be exceedingly rare (I know ursaring's not wild in B/W, but work with me).
I suppose, if you got desperate, you could just change the date on your DS.
Old August 9, 2010, 09:27:37 AM
Giratina

I'm confused by the 'Dream World'. What exactly is it?

Also, add this piece of awesome news to the first post: TMs NEVER run out! HOW SHWEET IS THAT?!
Old August 9, 2010, 09:37:11 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I'm confused by the 'Dream World'. What exactly is it?

Also, add this piece of awesome news to the first post: TMs NEVER run out! HOW SHWEET IS THAT?!
1) Its basically you sending your Pokemon to a website and getting to do stuff with it on there I think.
2) Awesome!
Old August 9, 2010, 09:40:05 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post

Seriously? That seems a little too good to be true. If it's true, what of hidden machines? Do they become regular TM's, or are they just unable to be forgotten, or are they completely done away with altogether? I hope it's the last one.
Don't get me wrong. Endless TM's would be a dream come true.

And Nin, the Dream World is when you upload your game file to the internet, do some mini games, find pokemon, get berries, etc.
Old August 9, 2010, 11:09:30 AM
Charizard

No trainers in the first two gyms, that's just strange, we don't even know what types they specialize in.......
Old August 9, 2010, 11:13:12 AM
Regigigas

YES! I'm glad they changed Sturdy, I want it to work like that.

YES, now we don't have to waste TMs anymore.

Not sure how I feel about the trivia thing. I kind of liked battling Junior trainers in the gyms.
Old August 9, 2010, 11:49:44 AM
Zoroark

Junior trainers were great for Exp. Blasting through 8 Geodudes with Water Gun gets you leveled son.
Old August 9, 2010, 12:17:34 PM
Giratina

D:
Questions?! Great... I guess they're trying to discourage imports.
But seriously, this sucks.
Old August 9, 2010, 02:48:02 PM
Landorus

Works for me. I hope you can choose which pokemon you can catch in the double wild battle other than having to kill one of them.
Old August 10, 2010, 01:14:21 AM
Rayquaza

The most interesting news till now is that TMs never go away! I am so happy about that. Now we can have plenty of Stealth Rock, Grass Knot and all those rare moves!

It is confirmed now that there will be only 8 badges in the games.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; August 10, 2010 at 01:14:46 AM.
Old August 11, 2010, 07:17:37 AM
Giratina

Okay seriously, this batch of information is one of the best I've read so far; seasonal changes, the different abilities, the downloadable content, TMs never disappearing and the special abilities to the player are all great stuff.

Fantastic job, Gamefreak. You deserve a big round of applause.

Last edited by Shadow; August 11, 2010 at 07:17:56 AM.
Old August 13, 2010, 06:03:59 PM
Mudkip

I must admit, when Black and White was first released, I was very skeptical.
But most of what they're shown so far shows promise, this batch of news included.
I'm really hyped by wild double battles, I always loved double battles.