Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 9, 2014, 12:06:13 PM
Celebi

Default New Megas?

I want Mega Regis.

What about you lot?

Last edited by RotomGuy; May 9, 2014 at 12:19:28 PM.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:18:21 PM
Celebi

Holy heck did I really just misuse apostrophes.

Am I this tired.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:40:05 PM
Keldeo

we need an item called Dragoniteite.

couldn't care less if it actually produces a Mega Dragonite, but we just need an item called Dragoniteite.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:52:43 PM
Servine

I think there should be mega for swampert and sceptile.
It's not fair on them since blaziken got one. :3
Old May 9, 2014, 01:33:35 PM
Giratina

Definitely give a mega evolution to the other two starters, that would make Blaziken too outclassed. I don't think too many legendaries should get mega evolutions, they're already in their own class of powerful and they don't need a hyper boost.
Old May 9, 2014, 01:44:19 PM
Administrator

I think all the starters need Megas at this point.
Old May 9, 2014, 01:45:19 PM
Celebi

Just Saying.
Mega Infernape.

I Would Say Mega Regigigas.....But It frightens me just thinking about it
Old May 11, 2014, 04:51:35 PM
Zoroark

The starters who don't already have one, Kyogre and Groudon (which are pretty much confirmed), Milotic, Metagross, Salamence, Sabeleye, and Exploud. I get the feeling Kyogre and Groudon's megas might have special names such as Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre.
Old May 11, 2014, 07:28:00 PM
Kyurem

Be cool to see Deoxys or Jirachi get a mega. (But i dont see it happening)
Old May 12, 2014, 05:18:33 AM
Haxorus

I'd definitely like to see the rest of the starters get Megas, like everyone else. Specifically, though, I'd like to see Flygon, Kingdra, Houndoom, Mightyena, Sharpedo, Luxray, and maybe Omastar. I'm not really thinking stat wise right now, this is more of an aethistic approach.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:05:50 AM
Pikachu

It's obvious that some new Megas are going to be around since there isn't really that much Megas after X/Y. I would like to see a Mega Gallade since Gardevoir got one. :3
Old May 12, 2014, 12:00:39 PM
Volcarona

Sceptile, Swampert, Salamence, and Metagross are all due megas.
Old May 12, 2014, 06:02:39 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummi Bunnies View Post
It's obvious that some new Megas are going to be around since there isn't really that much Megas after X/Y. I would like to see a Mega Gallade since Gardevoir got one. :3
THIS.
Old May 12, 2014, 06:56:53 PM
Regigigas

Flygon, Metagross/Salamence, Armaldo (Steel type plz), and Altaria. That's just Hoenn specific cause... Just cause!
Old May 25, 2014, 05:56:05 PM
Mudkip

I'm feelin' Megas for Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza for legendaries, and I'm also feelin' them for Swampert & Sceptile since Blaziken got one. Anything else would be bonus, I imagine.
Old May 25, 2014, 06:53:31 PM
Rayquaza

If the Regis gets Megas Regigigas should get one too that doesn't have that stupid hindering ability.
Old July 12, 2014, 04:50:44 AM
Keldeo

Not sure exactly where I'm supposed to post this, but Mega Diancie has Magic Bounce.

By far the statistically best thing to ever have Magic Bounce. I smell Uber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebii
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. In this latest image, it shows Mega Diancie and reveals to us its ability. Mega Diancie has got the ability Magic Bounce. It also confirms that next month's issue, due for release on August 12th, will have what they're calling a "Mega Evolution Scoop". We'll bring more when it comes.
Old July 12, 2014, 11:42:45 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Not sure exactly where I'm supposed to post this, but Mega Diancie has Magic Bounce.

By far the statistically best thing to ever have Magic Bounce. I smell Uber.
It does seem to fit very well, but it does have drawbacks regardless of that ability. IMO, the x4 weakness to Steel is a biggie. The Ground weakness (aside from the other Rock weakness) stand out and it's lack of reliable recovery besides Rest. Give it Moonlight, and I would call Uber for sure. Useful in Ubers still? Yeah, it can be. Just takes up a Mega Slot and with the upcoming Kyogre/Groudon Megas, it may face competition for Uber Mega slot.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's low HP. It's pretty bad when being compared to Uber. I don't play Ubers, so I can't judge all the way and you probably shouldn't take my word for it. xD But just my thoughts.

Disregard, I was basing that from what Serebii had. I hadn't realized Mega Diancie's stats aren't released. xD

Last edited by Sub-zero; July 12, 2014 at 11:49:03 AM.
Old July 12, 2014, 02:18:08 PM
Kyurem

Im thinking Flygon and salamence will get one, seen as metagross got one.
Old July 14, 2014, 06:53:28 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
It does seem to fit very well, but it does have drawbacks regardless of that ability. IMO, the x4 weakness to Steel is a biggie. The Ground weakness (aside from the other Rock weakness) stand out and it's lack of reliable recovery besides Rest. Give it Moonlight, and I would call Uber for sure. Useful in Ubers still? Yeah, it can be. Just takes up a Mega Slot and with the upcoming Kyogre/Groudon Megas, it may face competition for Uber Mega slot.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's low HP. It's pretty bad when being compared to Uber. I don't play Ubers, so I can't judge all the way and you probably shouldn't take my word for it. xD But just my thoughts.

Disregard, I was basing that from what Serebii had. I hadn't realized Mega Diancie's stats aren't released. xD
Well, even as it is its 50/100/150/100/150/50 base stats are a sight better than the other notable MB user, Espeon (65/65/60/130/95/110); approximately the same HP, and monstrously high defenses mean it'll be able to take more of the same hits. Its typing isn't much better or worse than Espeon's (especially since Dark and Ghost have been buffed against Steel).

It also does have a usable moveset; so far, I'm thinking Rock Polish, two Screens and either Stealth Rock, Toxic of Explosion. Or maybe a more offensive role with Calm Mind, Diamond Storm, Explosion and Psyshock. Or maybe something else.

Then there's the 100-point boost we're going to see from the Mega. Unless it all goes to Speed, that'll make it either a nearly unbreakable wall (boosting tank with Rest?) or an offensive terror (Hidden Power, Psychic/shock, Diamond Storm, Dazzling Gleam, Return, Stone Edge, Explosion).

So, I'm thinking mid-to-high OU at least, and most probably Ferrothorn-level usability in Uber.
Old July 15, 2014, 03:06:30 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Well, even as it is its 50/100/150/100/150/50 base stats are a sight better than the other notable MB user, Espeon (65/65/60/130/95/110); approximately the same HP, and monstrously high defenses mean it'll be able to take more of the same hits. Its typing isn't much better or worse than Espeon's (especially since Dark and Ghost have been buffed against Steel).

It also does have a usable moveset; so far, I'm thinking Rock Polish, two Screens and either Stealth Rock, Toxic of Explosion. Or maybe a more offensive role with Calm Mind, Diamond Storm, Explosion and Psyshock. Or maybe something else.

Then there's the 100-point boost we're going to see from the Mega. Unless it all goes to Speed, that'll make it either a nearly unbreakable wall (boosting tank with Rest?) or an offensive terror (Hidden Power, Psychic/shock, Diamond Storm, Dazzling Gleam, Return, Stone Edge, Explosion).

So, I'm thinking mid-to-high OU at least, and most probably Ferrothorn-level usability in Uber.
A calm mind set could be cool in Ubers as fairy typing makes it an excellent check to most dragons and rock typing allows him to wall ho ohs stabs and extreme speed from extreme killer arceus. Diancie does get moon blast and but unfortunately would have to run power grm because diamond storm is a physical attack.
Old July 15, 2014, 03:25:26 AM
Volcarona

Mega Metagross confirmed to have tough claws and a boost in al stats expecially speed! Mega Diancie gets a big boost in speed attack and sp attack and decrease in both defences! Didnt see that coming.
Old July 15, 2014, 05:48:17 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
Mega Metagross confirmed to have tough claws and a boost in al stats expecially speed! Mega Diancie gets a big boost in speed attack and sp attack and decrease in both defences! Didnt see that coming.

They decreased its defences cause they knew it be to god like to take down.
Old July 18, 2014, 10:38:33 PM
Charizard

I think we should have more legendary megas. Maybe a Mega Giratina. That would probably be badass.
Old July 19, 2014, 04:09:47 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnabarPyro View Post
I think we should have more legendary megas. Maybe a Mega Giratina. That would probably be badass.
Agreed.
Old July 19, 2014, 08:13:17 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
They decreased its defences cause they knew it be to god like to take down.
At the same time, if they give it the usual 100-BST boost, decreasing its defense means they get to increase something evenmore. Even if they bring both of them down from 150 to 100, it'll still be tough to take down and get 200 more spread between offenses and speed . . .
Old July 23, 2014, 12:07:19 PM
Servine

I heard they are making a mega sharpedo.
I would like to see mega zangoose and flygon.
Old July 24, 2014, 06:50:23 PM
Regigigas

Quote:

So yeah, with it's boost to offense and speed but lower of defense, I think the offense role with be used more common and will probably be Uber. xD Rock is still awesome offensively and Fariy is a good type for defense, so yeah. Suppost is viable, too, adding to it's variety. Besides, I'd probably use this as a Mega slot over Groudon/Kyogre or Blaziken. Don't really care for Mewtwo..
Old August 7, 2014, 12:05:22 AM
Haxorus

watch there be a mega claydol just watch there

Last edited by Dragiiin123; August 7, 2014 at 12:05:44 AM.
Old August 9, 2014, 12:07:14 AM
Volcarona

Unova Mega Evolutions probably won't happen until next gen but, I think Mega Krookodile with Fairy/Ground typing and turning him into a Pink/Black gator with bigger spikes would be pretty awesome. Moxie/Huge Power with Sucker Punch/Play Rough/Earthquake + more speed and bulk would make a DEADLY combination and one worth looking out for. Be very afraid Steel types.