Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old May 2, 2011, 06:04:47 PM
Charizard

Default Being Banned...

Erm... Just a quick question. How do people get banned (I mean, in a literal sense)?

Like, how many infractions?
(Sorry, everywhere I go I see banned, banned, banned. Or does this belong somewhere else?)
Old May 2, 2011, 06:25:35 PM
Kyurem

It's not an infraction based thing

Usually a result of other things. Infractions just tell people they did something wrong.

(Obviously it varies by forum, though.)
Old May 2, 2011, 09:50:19 PM
Charizard

Okay, thanks. I was worried about that. Next subject: How do people become admins? (Out of curiosity, I have no idea how it works...) (When I say how, like what things are you graded on?)
Old May 3, 2011, 12:05:03 AM
Volcarona

Simply you just become know around the forum.

Also the banning you seen recently are part if a problem group of people that did something that can be classified as assault. However other bans you see now and then are general spam bots.
Old May 3, 2011, 06:22:05 AM
Kyurem

Mass banning can also be caused by a major event that made the entire staff team angry at everyone else. The bans then tend to be long and cause entire forums to die. (search "ban carnage" in /b/uizel)
Old May 3, 2011, 10:04:58 AM
Giratina

Becoming an admin is very unlikely unless you can contibute a lot for the site. Our admins: Cat, Lite and Yoshi are admins for different reasons: Cat is the webmaster and founder of Victory Road, Yoshi is Cat's bestest friend, and Lite has been a loyal and trustworthy member of Victory Road for a couple of years now. To be promoted to staff you must show activity, friendliness, trustworthiness and kindness among other things. It's best not to ask to become staff as that is almost guaranteed to lower your chances of being hired, and you should rather use the forums like a normal member and you will be notified if you're wanted to become staff.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:33:01 AM
Keldeo

Even staff work isn't for everybody (I should know, I was staff [former VRIM Moderator]) so even getting it, and you'll understand if you have the qualities or not, personally I loved giving my two-cents but still had a trouble with certain people.

So, before even taking a staff offer, ask yourself, do you have the qualities to what is needed and be calm and collective even during the harshest of times.

Again I throw my two-cents anywhere I can