Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 30, 2014, 06:29:57 PM
Administrator

Default Victory Lap - Mario Kart Wii tournament (Discussion thread)

Hey guys, been a while since we had a non-Pokemon tournament (or any tournament for that matter). So since Nintendo Wi-Fi is going down is going down next month and being the large Mario Kart fan that I am, figured we should get one more Mario Kart Wii tournament in.

This thread will be for figuring out how the tournament will work and who would be interested in participating (the official sign-up thread will be started in two weeks or so,(tournament probably on the weekend of the 26th) just want an estimate on how many will be here).

So the rules I had for the previous MKW tournament I hosted 4 years ago had the following rules:
Quote:
*No hacking or performing glitches to give an instant win.
*No snaking. However performing multiple power-slides along a single curve is allowed.
*Any kart/motorcycle + character combination is allowed EXCEPT for Funky Kong on the Flame Runner.
*When selecting a course, select the random button.
*You may use any control scheme that you wish (this includes the Wii Wheel/Wiimote on side, Wiimote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller, or GameCube controller).
*If you progress onto the next round you are allowed to to change your kart/motorcycle + character combination (again no FK on FR).
*The amount of players per race will be determined once we know how many participants we will have.
I will also probably use a bracket layout similiar to the one I used previously (again will be modified based on how many people want to participate).

So any rules/gameplay adjustments you want made?
Old March 30, 2014, 06:34:40 PM
Keldeo

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF just when I get back to school with no more Wii access until June.

Also, why no snaking? I don't recall it ever giving that much of a speed boost, and most vehicles are capable of pulling it off anyway.
Old March 30, 2014, 07:17:43 PM

I don't have good enough wifi to be used on the Wii while in college. I'm gonna be forced to pass on this one. :/
Old March 30, 2014, 07:47:10 PM
Giratina

Snaking? Hah, that's a Mario Kart DS thing. Snaking in Mario Kart Wii is inefficient and I have yet to see someone ACTUALLY pull it off. Everything I can think of for now has been covered in your set of rules, but it's a while to April so I'll keep thinking (as I unlock all the vehicles on my Wii U.)
Old March 31, 2014, 11:44:17 AM
Haxorus

I'm gonna be in Boston in the weekend of the 26th, unfortunately, but I DO come back that Sunday, so there's that. I'm not sure what time I'll be back by, though. I'll see as dates come closer.
Old April 3, 2014, 03:04:53 AM
Rayquaza

I sold my copy of Mario Kart Wii I can just rent a copy from Red Box.