Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old December 12, 2012, 06:54:06 PM
Administrator

Default Trailer for Movie 16, ExtremeSpeed Genesect, released by Pokémon Company Japan

A new trailer has been released, which includes the official title for the 16th film, 神速のゲノセクト ExtremeSpeed Genesect.

According to the trailer, a Genesect, approximately 300 million years old, has appeared, and the characters are curious what the poking poises to society in the big city. Not much more is revealed, other than the possibility of two Genesect.

The movie will also include a short, ピカチュウとイーブイフレンズ "Pikachu and Eevee Friends."

Trailer:

Alternate translations:
Bulbanews: Genesect of Godspeed* (Genesect of ExtremeSpeed)
Serebii: Extremespeed Genesect
PokéBeach: Extremespeed Genesect

*Godspeed (神速 or しんそく) is the Japanese name of ExtremeSpeed.

Trailer source

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 12, 2012 at 06:58:24 PM.
Old December 12, 2012, 07:01:29 PM
Administrator

For some reason, Genesect looks very out of place in that trailer. Maybe it's the 3D effects.

Also, who the heck did the title translation on Bulbanews? Genesect of Godspeed makes no sense.
Old December 12, 2012, 07:17:48 PM
Giratina

Yay, a new movie! *Hasn't seen the last few movies* Oh well, this one has GENESECT, it probably tells cool secrets about it like how it was made and the fossil it came from and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
For some reason, Genesect looks very out of place in that trailer. Maybe it's the 3D effects.

Also, who the heck did the title translation on Bulbanews? Genesect of Godspeed makes no sense.
The 3D on it does look odd, but Genesect has always looked strange.

I don't even speak Japanese, but from what I've seen I can tell that it's solid, lazy direct translation.
Old December 12, 2012, 08:52:24 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I don't even speak Japanese, but from what I've seen I can tell that it's solid, lazy direct translation.
That's actually standard procedure for Bulbagarden. Everything untranslated is direct translation.

To be honest, though, I think they should try to just follow everyone else. It's hard to not stand out like a sore thumb when everyone else semi-localizes.

Last edited by Twiggy; December 12, 2012 at 08:53:04 PM.
Old December 12, 2012, 09:28:33 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I first saw it on my YouTube subscriptions and took a look at the title. I looked up shinsoku and got "godspeed," which I had remembered was a move name and searched that on Bulbapedia, where I found the page for ExtremeSpeed. My own rough translation was exactly the same as what the other two sites gave: ExtremeSpeed Genesect.
Old December 12, 2012, 10:26:58 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Yeah, I first saw it on my YouTube subscriptions and took a look at the title. I looked up shinsoku and got "godspeed," which I had remembered was a move name and searched that on Bulbapedia, where I found the page for ExtremeSpeed. My own rough translation was exactly the same as what the other two sites gave: ExtremeSpeed Genesect.
Hmm.

Even then, Bulbagarden should take a look at their translations. When you're translating something, there are certain things that you should always take a look. Nobody wants a "translator's note" when you could have went with an alternative translation that gets the point across perfectly, no?

Some of their policies are... plain weird compared to the rest of the Pokémon fandom.

Besides, ExtremeSpeed Genesect sounds just... better on paper.

I want a shiny Genny, by the way.

Last edited by Twiggy; December 12, 2012 at 10:27:14 PM.
Old December 13, 2012, 07:04:53 AM
Haxorus

Woo! Genesect!
Old December 13, 2012, 07:11:10 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
Woo! Genesect!
I see you want one, huh? I've always though of our little Genny as a nice guy for some reason. *hugs*

That said, I am looking forward to the inevitable shiny Genesect event.
Old December 13, 2012, 07:27:41 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I see you want one, huh? I've always though of our little Genny as a nice guy for some reason. *hugs*

That said, I am looking forward to the inevitable shiny Genesect event.
Shiny is even better!
Old December 13, 2012, 12:17:10 PM
Landorus

Aw yeaaaaah. Shiny Pokemon in the movie!
Anyways.... I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE o3o
Old December 13, 2012, 06:44:48 PM
Volcarona

Ahhh, what's that in the sky!? It's a bird, no. A plane, no! A UFO, YES! Ohwait, no it's just Genesect who can apparently fold up to LOOK like a UFO and use Extreme Speed while flying. How... original. Inb4ItHasTelepathyToo. I'll watch it, yes. I'll probably grow attached to the story-line AFTER I watch it, correct. But right now... I think I feel like the movies are starting to loose inspiration on their ideas. It's no longer awesome legends coming to life like in the (always awesome) Lugia movie 2000, or the two main Legendaries duking it out over a town, not bothering that it will erase it completely from existence if they persist such as in the Darkrari movie. But now.... we've got terrorist Genessect flying in like jet-planes bursting some glass just carelessly with derp faces and then firing cannons. Yeaaaaaah.... it's cool they look like UFO jet-plane thingies, but... I get a bad vibe that this could be a disappointment since these Genesect won't relate to Team Plasma's operations in the game's story line. It'll be interesting to see their reasoning for why there are two Genesect at least, is all I can think of right now.