Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Mafia/Should there be a Sub-board for it?
Yes 0 0%
Yes, and I think there should be a Sub-board for it. 3 30.00%
No 5 50.00%
Yes/No, but I think there shouldn't be a Sub-board 2 20.00%
I am not sure what Mafia is, but I think there should be a Sub-board for it nonetheless 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old December 28, 2010, 11:54:16 AM
Floatzel

Default Should there be a Mafia Sub-board?

I made this thread to find the Mafia fans of VR, and to ask them: Should we have a Mafia Sub-board in Fun?
Old December 28, 2010, 12:28:59 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryseeker99 View Post
I made this thread to find the Mafia fans of VR, and to ask them: Should we have a Mafia Sub-board in Fun?
Do you mean this?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_II
For one, why the heck would it be in Fun? That's a video game, it'd go in Gaming. :l
For two, I really haven't noticed this game being mentioned a whole heck of a lot, though I have seen a few people talk about it. Sure, you might think that it may require a board for it so you can talk about it, but no, you can simply make a thread named Mafia in Gaming and talk about it there. THEN if it picks up activity, you may see a board for it in the future.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; December 28, 2010 at 12:30:47 PM.
Old December 28, 2010, 01:18:20 PM
Administrator

Is it some sort of forum game or something? If so don't you think it would be best to ... oh I don't know .... give a link or something to describe what it is? Just a thought.
Old December 28, 2010, 02:20:55 PM
Giratina

I've never heard of it, so it can't be good. (:

I opt against.
Old December 28, 2010, 03:33:49 PM
Kyurem

This should clear it up for you guys.

Honestly, I've only heard of it twice before. It doesn't seem so popular, and I don't really think it needs a sub-forum.

Last edited by Shiny; December 28, 2010 at 03:34:38 PM.
Old December 28, 2010, 06:40:15 PM
Volcarona

I never play Mafia online before but I am interested learning to play it ever since I looked at The Cave of Dragonfree's forum. Depending on how many people heard the game and wanted to play it, a Mafia Sub-board would be appropriate but for right now I don't think there's enough people who play Mafia actively enough to have it's own board.

However if there are people who are interested playing Mafia, you can experiment by making a thread for it and explaining the mechanics of the game for people who never play the game before to attract more people and increase interest. After that try to create a game and if the most members stay active, then you can build it gradually and eventually people would spread inspiring more people to play Mafia.

Last edited by Kirby-Chan; December 28, 2010 at 06:56:41 PM. Reason: Minor grammer error and other things.
Old December 29, 2010, 12:17:43 PM
Floatzel

o.0 This has nothing to do with video games... So why is this in Gaming?
Old December 29, 2010, 12:25:05 PM
Shaymin

OK, i'm closing this and moving it to Casual Debate.]
LS, just make a Mafia THREAD in The Game Corner and see where it goes.
You just kinda said "Hey can there be a Mafia sub-board?" and seem to want it badly yet...never seem to be able to explain what the game is. Make the thread then explain it there and maybe you'll get some activity. We aren't going to add a sub board for something nobody understands just beacuse it was popular on another forum. Maybe in the future, if this game gains enough popularity, yes, there may be a sub board for it in the future. However, at this point in time we will not make a Mafia sub board.
Old January 15, 2011, 01:19:40 PM
Floatzel

hmm

mafia is actually quite popular on forums

the main mafiasite is mafiascum.net where new developments in mafia games are constantly being found.

Seriously though, many sites, such as the infamously popular smogon, have mafia sub forums, and they have proved a fantasic success

to emulate this success I wouldn't mind introducing you all to mafia and creating a few games here. If you're interested i could posts some rules later and we could discuss mafia on this site

mafia games really help a forum to grow and attract new members; i only joined smogon because of their mafia games

well, whaddaya think?

give mafia a chance, perhaps a few games before a sub-forum
Old January 15, 2011, 01:26:03 PM
Kyurem

Hmmm I've definitely heard of Mafia being played online (forum game, not video game haha) and think you should really give it a whirl before asking something like this. Maybe then we can see if a board is appropriate? I for one wouldn't mind trying it out...