Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft > Official VR Minecraft Server

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 18, 2011, 02:52:12 PM
Administrator

The server is currently unstable. We are running Multicraft, but it seems like Craftbukkit has suddenly stopped responding to Multicraft, and they were playing nicely together a few days ago. I already tried resetting the config and removing all the plugins, but it didn't seem to work. We're going to need to figure out why it seems to be acting up.

(Man, nobody ever told me running a simple game server would be this tough. )
Old December 21, 2011, 08:10:03 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I've been waiting forever and a half, go public already ;3
There is currently a conflict between CraftBukkit and MultiCraft which makes the server too unstable. That's the reason nobody's been added yet.
Old December 21, 2011, 03:12:02 PM
Administrator

Alright, looks like it's cooperating again (thanks, KYA), so once we make sure the config for all the Craftbukkit stuff is good, we'll issue the greenlight for new players!
Old December 24, 2011, 03:11:19 AM
Administrator

Sorry for the double post, but here's an update. Due to the holidays, updates will be a bit slow around the Minecraft server (and the site in general), so please continue being patient. The server appears to currently be working well. We will begin adding new members in a few days.
Old December 29, 2011, 02:37:30 PM
Administrator

After having a few new folks, I believe we're ready to start adding new players! I'm not going to add everyone at once, though, just a few people at a time.
Old January 1, 2012, 08:18:00 PM
Haxorus

I'd love to come on soon so I can put a few fun things on the map.
Old January 2, 2012, 06:50:45 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreon7 View Post
I'd love to come on soon so I can put a few fun things on the map.
As long as those "fun things" are within the rules of the server (so no mods).

Last edited by zsaberslash; January 2, 2012 at 07:02:47 AM. Reason: Y'know you make yourself sound like a moderator...
Old January 3, 2012, 10:39:26 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
As long as those "fun things" are within the rules of the server (so no mods).
Mods? If you mean like X-ray and stuff then no. I wouldn't be able to put that on the server anyway. I mean like I have games an stuff I can make, usin redstone. I'm sure everyone will love the games.

P.s. why would you think I meant mods when I said "fun things I'd like to put on the map" I have no way to implement mods to the server. That's server sided.

Last edited by umbreon7; January 3, 2012 at 10:40:54 AM.
Old January 3, 2012, 10:59:43 AM
Giratina

Quote:
P.s. why would you think I meant mods when I said "fun things I'd like to put on the map" I have no way to implement mods to the server. That's server sided.
I'm just making sure. I'm a little paranoid sometimes....
Old January 5, 2012, 12:50:54 PM
Haxorus

Well I'm just saying i don't see how you made the connection to mods
Old January 5, 2012, 12:57:01 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Well I'm just saying i don't see how you made the connection to mods
Once again, I'm paranoid sometimes.

Also, you need to post in this thread to be whitelisted.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; January 5, 2012 at 12:57:12 PM.
Old January 5, 2012, 01:01:36 PM
Haxorus

But whether you're paranoid or not, it still makes no sense. And I already posted. Like towards the beginning of the server.
Old January 12, 2012, 11:16:43 AM
Administrator

Many thanks to R2P for completely re-formatting the intro post. Looks much nicer!
Old January 20, 2012, 12:44:41 PM
Kyurem

Any estimate of when the server will be updated?
Old January 20, 2012, 12:56:01 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Any estimate of when the server will be updated?
Sometime after there's a Recommended Build of Bukkit out.
Old January 30, 2012, 08:31:45 AM
Regigigas

Craftbukkit is currently updated to 1.1-R3, and I'm already noticing all kinds of changes in how biomes work. Main one is that the tiaga biome acts like a snow biome now.

Last edited by Shade; January 30, 2012 at 08:37:34 AM.
Old February 5, 2012, 01:31:19 PM
Kyurem

So you take away everyone's building permissions before the auto-whitelist is working. WELL DONE.
Old February 13, 2012, 04:05:12 PM
Charizard

Strange, I'm not able to get on the server, saying I'm not whitelisted.

What gives?
Old February 13, 2012, 04:09:10 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondEdge View Post
Strange, I'm not able to get on the server, saying I'm not whitelisted.

What gives?
Take a look at this: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=9759
That should clear things up regarding not being white-listed.
Old February 13, 2012, 04:55:21 PM
Kyurem

According to KYA, Cat made it so that people still have to be manually approved for building permissions.

Seriously, Cat. What the ****.
Old February 13, 2012, 10:58:36 PM
Administrator

Due to the ability for anyone to just setup a new VR account with some unused friend's Minecraft account and grief without reprecussions, I had to make the default have no building permissions. He also decided to do that right before I had a rather busy weekend, so I haven't had a chance to actually work on the building permissions. I really don't like working on server stuff on class days, either, as I prefer working on homework or relaxing. As Tuesday seems open for me, I'll try to figure out exactly what needs to happen to get everyone able to go again. Shade will also be granted the ability to approve new users.

Quote:
Seriously, Cat. What the ****.
Don't tempt me. Seriously, I have almost had it with this friggin' game. I'm sick and tired of complex permissions, people whining about losing ten gold ingots because of a server hiccup, unstable connections, updates breaking every modification, modifications that don't play nicely with other modifications, people whining about the server not being updated because Craftbukkit isn't updated, Java having memory leaks, people wanting to restart because there is a new biome or strongholds or The End or mobs that aren't possible with the current world, bugs in Minecraft or the modifications, the old server overheating, world corruption, slimes moving, the seed resetting, lava not flowing properly, Creepers blowing up homes, Endermen causing mayhem, sheep not repawning, animals not breeding, general instability, lack of moderation, lack of administration, lack of users, lack of interest, the spawn point moving wherever the heck it wants, the /home command not saving locations properly, moderators cheating by teleporting, administrators using /give and other commands inappropriately, the "locked" square in the center of the map, chests not closing, chests not locking, users stealing items from other users, users pushing others into lava, users claiming land that is already in use, items duplicating, furnaces crashing the game, music discs not playing correctly, people who haven't the foggiest how to play Minecraft, people who can't understand that they need to actually buy Minecraft, and people who think that I must fix everything immediately because it's always my fault because I'm the administrator and have no life outside of this website.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 13, 2012 at 11:03:06 PM.
Old February 14, 2012, 10:46:28 AM
Giratina

In other words, stop bothering Cat and just wait to be allowed to build on the server. It's not the end of the world if you can't play MC, and if you ("you" being "anyone reading this") seriously can't go for a week or two without playing MC, you might want to stop and get professional help.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; February 14, 2012 at 11:42:07 AM. Reason: Clearification on "you"
Old February 14, 2012, 11:37:02 AM
Kyurem

I'm not saying I agree with Nizmo or Cat, but Quad your taking things a little far by telling him he should get some help. I think everyone needs to just cool their jets.

EDIT: You edit it now of course...

Last edited by Squirtle102; February 14, 2012 at 11:49:40 AM.
Old February 17, 2012, 09:09:46 AM
Regigigas

Since Cat has officially granted me permission to move users into the Builder group, send PMs about being moved to the Builder group to me, not him.
Old March 30, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Volcarona

Server is now working again just fixed the perms. Ask shade for build perm, if he is on.
Old May 12, 2012, 06:42:41 PM
Administrator

And there go half the plugins breaking themselves. Screw this.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:45:29 AM
Regigigas

For anyone who wanted to explore our old world, sorry but the map had to be reverted. The merged map caused a lot of map errors.

However, might look into other ways to add the world in, like maybe Multiverse.
Old May 25, 2012, 09:53:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
For anyone who wanted to explore our old world, sorry but the map had to be reverted. The merged map caused a lot of map errors.

However, might look into other ways to add the world in, like maybe Multiverse.
I don't think we actually need another a plugin at all. I see a /world command, so I wonder if you can add another world with that. Or maybe we can replace our The End with the old map?
Old May 27, 2012, 08:47:19 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I don't think we actually need another a plugin at all. I see a /world command, so I wonder if you can add another world with that. Or maybe we can replace our The End with the old map?
Nah, that won't work. I've messed with mods that added another dimension and tried it myself. The sky will be like the End's sky and will most likely start generating End terrain once it reaches the edge of the old map.

Announcement time: Cat has granted me full access to the server, so you can bug me about server issues instead of him.
Old June 3, 2012, 11:31:35 PM
Regigigas

We made a few changes to the server world's settings

* PvP has been enabled. With Deathcontrol working properly, there's no real risk in turning this back on, seeing you'll keep your stuff anyways.
* A cool-down period has been added to help discourage the use of teleportation. Now anyone teleporting has to wait 30 seconds between teleports.
* Idling/AFK players will pick up items now. Before AFK players couldn't pick up items.
* The server now remembers the last place you teleported from, even if you disconnect from the server.
* The number of homes that can be set have been changed. Regular players can have two, while staff can have 15 [mainly as a quick way to reach a player's home in case of a dispute]
* Lava buckets can now be used by anyone, but we are still notified of who, where and when a lava bucket is used.

Also, if there's a non-vanilla feature you don't like (like Deathcontrol) then let me know. I can disable permissions on a per-user basis.

Last edited by Shade; June 4, 2012 at 03:51:30 AM.
Old June 4, 2012, 08:51:27 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
We made a few changes to the server world's settings

* PvP has been enabled. With Deathcontrol working properly, there's no real risk in turning this back on, seeing you'll keep your stuff anyways.
* A cool-down period has been added to help discourage the use of teleportation. Now anyone teleporting has to wait 30 seconds between teleports.
* Idling/AFK players will pick up items now. Before AFK players couldn't pick up items.
* The server now remembers the last place you teleported from, even if you disconnect from the server.
* The number of homes that can be set have been changed. Regular players can have two, while staff can have 15 [mainly as a quick way to reach a player's home in case of a dispute]
* Lava buckets can now be used by anyone, but we are still notified of who, where and when a lava bucket is used.

Also, if there's a non-vanilla feature you don't like (like Deathcontrol) then let me know. I can disable permissions on a per-user basis.
My only quarrel with PVP is armor consumption. To my knowledge, armor is not consumed when PVP is off. Also, if two people are in a mineshaft, for example, and they're being swarmed by cave spiders, the last thing one of them needs is to accidentally kill the other.
Also, lava buckets. I don't think it's a good idea for just anyone to place them. I'm guessing you did this since you're the only one that can really place lava. I'm a moderator, so maybe it'd be possible for you to give me that power so you're not constantly being bugged by me to place decorative lava.

Last edited by A'bom; June 4, 2012 at 08:54:18 AM.
Old June 4, 2012, 10:46:37 AM
Giratina

I would rather have PvP off for reasons similar to what A'bom said. Even with no real threat to having PvP off, I still find it annoying that we can now hurt each other. Plus, it will make it harder for those who have troubling distinguishing "joke hit" from "grieving."
Old June 5, 2012, 04:08:00 PM
Kyurem

Apparently, I still can't set multiple homes, which is annoying when moving house long distance.
Old June 9, 2012, 06:53:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Apparently, I still can't set multiple homes, which is annoying when moving house long distance.
You should have two. You may need to clear out one you forgot you set.
Old June 21, 2012, 04:55:35 AM
Regigigas

The server is currently down due to world corruption. Quite a few chunks have switched places with other chunks [you can see this by looking at the MC online map]. We will try to get the chunks back to where they are supposed to go.
Old August 1, 2012, 06:03:40 AM
Regigigas

Maybe I should have mentioned, but the server's back up. Been up for awhile.

I'm seriously considering leaving the current world as our permanent one, with a much tighter reign on backing up the world so what happened to the previous one doesn't happen again. Also, it might be possible to add in the old worlds using MCEdit and putting them in the middle of a huge ocean biome, if that's what others want. Do note that the world from the previous map would be from late May, so anything built from then wouldn't be there.

Added announcement:
Apparently 1.3 has come out today. Do NOT update yet if you plan on playing on the server. Until there is a recommended craftbukkit build for 1.3, we will still be using 1.2.5.

Last edited by Shade; August 1, 2012 at 06:52:19 AM.
Old August 8, 2012, 07:56:02 AM
Regigigas

I don't know how, but the server is now updated to Minecraft 1.3.1. It seems to be stable so far, but caution should be exercised. It is using a version of craftbukkit that is known to cause quite a few bugs, but I've been playing for a few hours and have yet to see these bugs. I guess the bugs occur on a user-by-user basis.
Old August 8, 2012, 05:28:20 PM
Giratina

I still haven't been whitelisted. I've had my username in the About Me section for probably over a month now... Help?
Old August 8, 2012, 06:37:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I still haven't been whitelisted. I've had my username in the About Me section for probably over a month now... Help?
Perhaps it's a bug in KYA's script?

Edit: You actually have been (and still are) on the whitelist. I'm not sure what's wrong.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 8, 2012 at 06:46:55 PM.
Old August 8, 2012, 07:02:13 PM
Shaymin

This is what happens.    
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	641
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	3378

The picture was for effect. This has been happening to me as well. I dont know what it is, but I haven't said anything for I thought it might be intentional.
Old August 8, 2012, 07:23:16 PM
Administrator

I think KYA found the problem and is fixing it now.
Old August 11, 2012, 03:15:00 PM
Shaymin

Would it okay to ask how to make a chest private to you?

Since I just made a house and have a few things that I wouldn't like to share, this seems like it is kind of important.
Old August 11, 2012, 03:16:20 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Would it okay to ask how to make a chest private to you?

Since I just made a house and have a few things that I wouldn't like to share, this seems like it is kind of important.
Once you place a chest, right click it with a sign in your hand. That will make the chest private.
Old August 12, 2012, 05:46:29 AM
Regigigas

There have been a few requests to increase the difficulty from Easy to Normal. If you like this idea, Like this post.

Differences in Normal:
* Enemies deal standard damage
* Creepers explosion range increases
* Having an empty hunger bar will not kill but it will leave you with 1 HP if left unattended
* Cave Spiders can poison the player

In future updates [1.4]
* Villagers will have a 50% chance of becoming infected by zombies

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 12, 2012 at 05:24:34 PM. Reason: Added the venom
Old August 12, 2012, 06:00:30 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
There have been a few requests to increase the difficulty from Easy to Normal. If you like this idea, Like this post.

Differences in Normal:
* Enemies deal standard damage
* Creepers explosion range increases
* Having an empty hunger bar will not kill but it will leave you with 1 HP if left unattended

In future updates [1.4]
* Villagers will have a 50% chance of becoming infected by zombies
To be honest, this could start to prove problematic to people that aren't quite used to the game.
Old August 12, 2012, 02:56:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
To be honest, this could start to prove problematic to people that aren't quite used to the game.
Frankly, you shouldn't be playing on servers as soon as you buy Minecraft. You should start out by figuring out how things work on single-player first.
Old August 12, 2012, 05:06:09 PM
Regigigas

Oh, another reason to switch to normal: in the latest snapshot, you can see what rare armor a mob is carrying if the difficulty is set to Normal or higher.
Old August 12, 2012, 05:16:28 PM
Landorus

If I may add something to the list for Normal difficulty differences; Cave Spiders can poison you in Normal and higher, but not in Easy. I've honestly found this to be a bit of a disappointment; that's what Cave Spiders are known for, right? Without the venom, the only real challenge they pose is the possibility of several swarming you at once, and if you can get the area around it well enough lit to kill the spawner, that makes that option a little less likely. I think going to Normal is a good idea; Easy just seems a little too.. well, easy.
Old August 12, 2012, 05:21:58 PM
Volcarona

For the love of all things, MAKE IT NORMAL MODE! I'm tired of running around with just a helmet. I wanna be able to put on my boots and chestplate! Wearing less armor can't simulate the not being poisoned by spiders, so by all means, CRANK IT UP!
Old August 12, 2012, 05:23:31 PM
Administrator

I think the only thing I hate about Normal is the increased creeper range, but given they don't blow stuff up, it's not something that I'd hate. It'd also encourage more mining to make more armor and to carry milk when exploring a mineshaft.
Old August 12, 2012, 09:23:05 PM
Regigigas

Difficulty has been raised to Normal, but if you feel you can't handle it, feel free to ask for help with supplies. I have more than enough to offer assistance, be it for armor [iron atm] or food.
Old August 13, 2012, 10:49:10 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Difficulty has been raised to Normal, but if you feel you can't handle it, feel free to ask for help with supplies. I have more than enough to offer assistance, be it for armor [iron atm] or food.
Hehe. Just hope that when 1.4 arrives, we can skip the villager infection mechanic by way of a server side mod.
Old August 13, 2012, 03:03:59 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Hehe. Just hope that when 1.4 arrives, we can skip the villager infection mechanic by way of a server side mod.
I'm already working on a system that will lock zombies out of houses and trap villagers inside houses while still leaving a door in tact for the building to be recognized as a house, It's really simple, but it does require someone to be there to activate it. Just put a piston in front of each door that will extend in front of it in case of a zombie invasion. The tricky part is getting it so that all the villagers are indoors, since, y'know, they'll waltz into any darn house they please and won't assign themselves to individual homesteads. A day/night sensor isn't possible now that mushrooms can't be planted if the block can see the sky, but there may be some workaround.
Old August 14, 2012, 05:27:24 AM
Regigigas

That shouldn't be a problem, since someone has to be there for zombies to spawn anyways.
Old August 14, 2012, 10:59:53 AM
Kyurem

Of course, all that work would be for nothing if someone bothers to code up a mod to just disable it entirely
Old August 14, 2012, 11:09:12 AM
Kyurem

I got a simple question, what is minecraft about? Is it a RPG style, Puzzle style, Making things style (Like free-create), or what?
Old August 14, 2012, 12:37:41 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
I got a simple question, what is minecraft about? Is it a RPG style, Puzzle style, Making things style (Like free-create), or what?
I'd say it's a mix of RPG and building, but there's more to it than that. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that should give you a better understanding.
Old August 14, 2012, 12:58:48 PM
Giratina

As for the difficulty increase, I'm more than willing to protect anyone who needs some help fending off mobs, be it in a cave for digging or while out at night. I can provide the basic supplies for a small starter house and I can provide a full-set of iron armor and swords, along with some low-level enchants if you need them.
Old August 14, 2012, 01:15:57 PM
Shaymin

I am pulling a Kero on this one.

I would just like to report in and say that I am dealing well with it, and I thought I wouldn't. Because I was never that good with killing '3'. So if there are people that think that it will make it a lot harder, you are probably less right than you think. So yeah.

Last edited by teamplasma; August 14, 2012 at 01:17:56 PM.
Old August 15, 2012, 09:11:52 PM
Kyurem

So is it multi-player? Like say if i went and made an account i could team up with someone here on VR?
Old August 15, 2012, 09:27:47 PM
Administrator

You need to purchase Minecraft first. We do not allow non-premium users on to prevent griefing.
Old August 16, 2012, 01:47:17 PM
Charizard

What's the big problem with playing Minecraft on Normal? I don't understand why people have such a problem with playing a game on the intended difficulty.

Besides, everyone knows that you're basically invincible as long as you have a place to hide.
Old August 18, 2012, 09:55:25 AM
Regigigas

After several requests, the use of TNT has been enabled. However, there will be alerts to when TNT is placed or used, and all uses will be checked. The enabling of TNT is to help with construction purposes only. If we find that someone uses TNT for griefing, that someone will be immediately kicked and maybe banned depending on the severity of the griefing.

To others worrying about their projects being griefed, don't. We are maintaining daily backups of the server's world, and any griefing can easily be reversed.

Last edited by Shade; August 18, 2012 at 09:59:47 AM.
Old August 20, 2012, 02:27:51 PM
Joltik

Ok so I added my minecraft name to my "about me" and I put the server address in correctly, but it says that I'm not whitelisted on the server.

Last edited by pr0tege09; August 20, 2012 at 02:28:54 PM.
Old August 20, 2012, 04:34:43 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0tege09 View Post
Ok so I added my minecraft name to my "about me" and I put the server address in correctly, but it says that I'm not whitelisted on the server.
It takes a while.
Old August 20, 2012, 04:48:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0tege09 View Post
You are also not active enough on the forum to use the Minecraft server.
Old August 20, 2012, 07:45:08 PM
Regigigas

I have a question about that. What constitutes "active enough"? Is it number of posts daily? Or total number of posts?
Old August 20, 2012, 07:53:20 PM
Shaymin

Talking

Quote:
I have a question about that. What constitutes "active enough"? Is it number of posts daily? Or total number of posts?
To be fair, I think that having either 15 days of account ownership or 30 posts on the forum. That seems like a good way to filter out people. Because surely people wont register and wait 15 days just to be a bad person. Lol.
Old August 20, 2012, 09:28:15 PM
Administrator

Daily posts. I'm still working on some stuff for activity for other reasons, but Minecraft will be involved in it.
Old August 22, 2012, 06:43:57 AM
Regigigas

For those curious as to what will eventually happen with the spawn square, here's my idea for it.

Spawn Square Idea    

In the upcoming 1.4 release, there will be the addition of Beacon Blocks which give potion-like effects in a certain radius around the beacon.

Four of these around spawn point was my idea. It would make the area around spawn a safe zone.
Old August 23, 2012, 05:11:56 PM
Joltik

I don't have the time to go on here daily. If I could, I would, but I can't. I've been a member of this forum for a few years, and most of my activity comes in the summer because of personal reasons. There must be some sort of exception you can make.

Or base it on last login time?

Last edited by Shade; August 23, 2012 at 07:18:36 PM.
Old August 23, 2012, 07:18:02 PM
Regigigas

Maybe if the posts per day are above 0.5? That would be more fair, and show who's actually trying to be active. That way players would only have to post once every other day.

ADDITION: We have just updated Craftbukkit to the latest recommended build, which is supposed to greatly reduce lag issues. Testing it myself, I found this to be true, the lag with the mobs much lower than before. I did get a couple freezling lag points, but nothing major. Report to us if you experience any serious lag.

Last edited by Shade; August 23, 2012 at 11:21:03 PM.
Old September 1, 2012, 09:13:23 PM
Regigigas

To keep the filesize of the world's backups low, I have been considering deleting parts of the world beyond a certain point that haven't been built on or visited in a long time. Some examples are that huge stretch of ocean going into the 10000x area. It makes the map look rather unsightly on the Overworld Map Viewer, and gives us much more to back up daily.

For now I most likely will only delete that large strip of land going to the 10000s, if everyone else is okay with it that is.
Old September 1, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
Administrator

I'm honestly curious what that was all about and if it was a griefing attempt.
Old September 2, 2012, 04:02:29 AM
Regigigas

No, that was A'bom trying to find a mushroom biome without success on August 11.
Old September 2, 2012, 11:17:08 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
No, that was A'bom trying to find a mushroom biome without success on August 11.
Yeah, my bad. Whoops ^-^;

I didn't intend on going that far, but I figured "It's a big ocean! I bet there's mooshrooms out here!" and then my inner pirate started to take over. What? Can you blame me? I was on a seafaring vessel looking for treasure! That's what a pirate does! Then there was the Christopher Columbus (Quilumbus, if you're in the mood for a pun) side that just likes adventure and wanted to find new land. If only I'd gone east instead of south. =w=
Old September 6, 2012, 03:13:20 PM
Regigigas

I have no idea why, but the server suddenly shut down, and when it came back up, the world was reverted to a previous state. I tried using my backup to fix it, but for some reason the backup was also affected by the reversion, meaning it happened several hours ago. Check your houses and projects to see if anything's missing or off. It may have only affected the spawn region, cause my work on the subway is completely gone.

Luckily it doesn't seem to have affected the Nether or any of the chests.

Last edited by Shade; September 6, 2012 at 03:30:34 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 05:00:50 AM
Regigigas

After keeping a close eye on the server's memory usage and stability, I think it can handle Multiverse without any issues. Tomorrow, after a full backup, I plan on installing Multiverse and adding in the server's first world. If the server can handle this well enough without any major issues, we may add other worlds as well.

Of course, this is all a huge "if".

Last edited by Shade; September 24, 2012 at 05:01:19 AM.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:32:00 AM
Regigigas

As of right now I have not been able to find a custom generator for 1.8 terrain, so I'm considering something else for OldWorld. If I end up not finding one at all, I may set it up so rewards will be given to anyone who fixes up generation shifts so they're not so drastic. I'm kinda liking the biome shifts that came with importing OldWorld. Reminiscent of actual climate shifts [like snow in the desert].

Like this post if you feel this is a good idea. Rewards will be a mineral block, the type of mineral dependent on how drastic the generation shift was and how much better it looks after it is prettified.

Also Cat has provided a copy of the old nether, which I have successfully imported and is now the OldWorld nether. All the portals are intact, but someone has stripped all the pretty walkways I made there. I wonder who

Last edited by Shade; September 26, 2012 at 06:33:37 AM.
Old September 26, 2012, 03:59:49 PM
Zoroark

Is this server beta or free version?
Old September 26, 2012, 07:20:50 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheKiller View Post
Is this server beta or free version?
This server requires that you have a premium minecraft account to join. In other words, gotta have a paid version of the game.
Old October 19, 2012, 02:09:57 PM
Magikarp

I did what I was suposed to do to join but it still didn't whitelist me
Old October 19, 2012, 04:17:29 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamayCat View Post
I did what I was suposed to do to join but it still didn't whitelist me
I will say it so Shade and Cat dont have to...

There is a ratio in which people get to be whitelisted. You have to be active in the forum, and be trusted enough to be whitelisted. They do this to preclude the event in which a member would destroy other peoples works and projects. Hopefully you understand what I mean, and nothing against you.
Old October 24, 2012, 01:41:22 AM
Keldeo

Not sure if this is teh best place for it and if its not please move it but.

The Scary update is coming out tommorow and there seems to be a contest for the scaries pic, details can be found in the link.

http://www.mojang.com/2012/10/pretty...care-us-silly/
Old October 24, 2012, 03:58:56 AM
Charizard

I haven't been entirely active for a few months, but I'll work on that. I can't exactly play minecraft right now, so I also have to wait for that xD

This server seems pretty cool, so I can't wait until I can eventually play on it.
Old October 24, 2012, 01:56:10 PM
Kyurem

Can minecraft be played on a Ipod?
Old October 24, 2012, 02:14:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Can minecraft be played on a Ipod?
iPod, I'm not sure about. I know there is the mobile version which is available for all Android based phones, but I'm not sure about iOS phones. Even so, the mobile version has completely different updates and mechanics and can't be played on servers that run the PC version. I'm not even sure if the mobile version has a multiplayer option.
Old October 24, 2012, 04:02:54 PM
Keldeo

There is a pocket edition for the phone as for what your allowed to do I don't know. I haven't bought it myself and it may be the issue there. Mobile I believe lets you do some of the multiplayer stuff but not just with who.
Old October 25, 2012, 04:25:58 AM
Regigigas

Yes, the mobile version does do multiplayer, but it's currently only over wifi, so I assume it's a local thing.
Old October 25, 2012, 11:03:02 AM
Kyurem

well when i get a ipod i will have to try it to see.
Old October 31, 2012, 10:10:43 PM
Administrator

The only version of Minecraft that is playable with the server is the PC version, and it must match the version the server has. Due to updates and such with Craftbukkit, it usually won't be playable with the newest version for a short time.
Old November 2, 2012, 04:14:15 PM
Giratina

Currently, there is a Beta build of Bukkit 1.4.2 out right now. Of course, seeing as it's just a Beta build, there will be some issues with it. Ultimately, it's Cat's decision on whether or not the server will be using this build. Although, I don't think Cat will decide to use this build.

Just thought I'd inform everyone of where Bukkit is in making a 1.4.2 server client.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:30:19 PM
Regigigas

Apparently the server was updated to 1.4.2 this morning, but it is running on a beta build currently, so caution must be exercised.
Old November 8, 2012, 09:59:51 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Apparently the server was updated to 1.4.2 this morning, but it is running on a beta build currently, so caution must be exercised.
Was it autoupdate?
Old November 9, 2012, 03:51:26 AM
Zoroark

I've added my minecraft ID to my page but I haven't been whitelisted yet. I added it a little bit after I signed up for the site.

Last edited by JeffTheKiller; November 9, 2012 at 03:55:43 AM. Reason: better question to ask
Old November 9, 2012, 04:35:47 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Was it autoupdate?
Most likely. It's set up to use the Beta Builds.
Old November 10, 2012, 07:02:19 AM
Regigigas

With 1.4.2 now up and running, I've been considering revamping Spawn Square a bit. The main idea is to place a beacon right at spawn, mainly to make it a healing zone. Might also update the lighting so mobs can't spawn inside. Are there any other suggestions? It will probably be a few days before I start revamping.
Old November 10, 2012, 07:57:32 PM
Keldeo

Yeah that sounds great, maybe add to teh town around the spawn point, I could add something to it since I do have enough supplies, nothing to grand but heck I'm willing to help. Give me a project and all.
Old November 11, 2012, 09:27:36 AM
Administrator

For anyone trying to get in, the whitelist updater might not be working again.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 11, 2012 at 09:28:07 AM.
Old November 12, 2012, 07:11:55 AM
Charizard

Wait, so am I white listed?