Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old June 6, 2017, 11:21:05 AM
Administrator

Default Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon; Pokkén Tournament DX; Gen 2 to Virtual Console

In today's special Pokémon Direct, the Pokémon Company announced several upcoming titles.

First, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS line of handhelds later this year and will feature “[I]an alternate story, taking place in the world of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, featuring Pokémon that didn't appear in the original versions.” Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are due to release November 17, 2017.

Next, Pokkén Tournament DX will be released on the Nintendo Switch, bringing together the existing characters from the Wii U version, the characters that were formerly exclusive to the arcade version, and Decidueye. The game will support docked mode, handheld mode, and being propped up with half of a Joy-Con controller for each player. Pokkén Tournament DX will release September 22, 2017.

Finally, Pokémon Gold and Silver are due for the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console. These classic titles will be compatible with Pokémon Bank, similar to last year's first-generation games, and will be released simultaneously with Pokkén Tournament DX on September 22, 2017.

Full Pokémon Direct
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	us-um.png
Views:	3439
Size:	619.0 KB
ID:	6974   Click image for larger version

Name:	pokken-dx.png
Views:	2447
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	6975   Click image for larger version

Name:	gs-vc.jpg
Views:	1461
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	6976  
Old June 6, 2017, 11:26:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
The game will support docked mode, handheld mode, and being propped up with half of a Joy-Con controller for each player.
Who's ready for cramps? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe leads to cramps very quickly when played like this.
Old June 6, 2017, 02:52:41 PM
Keldeo

Posted this in the other thread but I'll move it here, 'cause reasons - I haven't quite made up my mind what I think about Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon yet; I was hoping to see something different before the series revisited Alola but I'll wait for E3 before I start loudly complaining or anything. Speaking of E3, that's coming up, isn't it?

Wasn't interested in the first Pokkén thing so I don't see a reason to get excited about this one, and I don't see much of a reason to play Gold or Silver anywhere since I already own HeartGold I'm kind of neutral on the virtual console games but will probably buy one of the two eventually anyway.
Old June 9, 2017, 04:43:04 PM
Kyurem

cant wait for G\S, get to breed a butt load shinys! (Try to get a male red gyarados first till i get more shinys to breed with)

Last edited by kakashidragon; June 9, 2017 at 04:43:30 PM.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:17:56 PM
Cyndaquil

Pokken XD Gameplay E3.